Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America - Romance (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (104081 Views)

Lady Storms Bank In Delta To Confront Rival For Dating Her Married Lover. Photo / Big-Sized Man & His Woman In Doggy Pose In Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by ZhiosonWind: 6:04pm On May 26, 2020
Paper posse eshey o undecided
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Crispels(m): 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Staphylococcus:
If you want your village people to unite with you and have full access to your soul in America, Just date an American breed Nigerian

Your appetite for suicide will skyrocket.

Nevertheless, Their are very goo ones but very few. Infact, their counts is close to 0

Based on my experience tho, Nigerian-Americans(especially those who were born and raised by parents who immigrated to the US via visa lottery and spent time with their grandparents) are the better option for a Nigerian foreign student in the US. Tomi Adeyemi and the Ogwumike sisters are classic examples.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Crispels(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
pDudd:
Some people have been asking me to balance this equation because it seems like I am bashing Akata women and leaving my Nigerian sisters who reside in America. This thread is to state what to encounter if you are going into any kind of relationship with Nigerian women in America. I don't know about Nigerian women in UK, or anywhere else so I can't talk about that one.

This thread is not to bash Nigerian women in any way. So if you feel offended at any point in reading this, I'm sorry well in advance.

But I must tell the truth.

Hateful replies are welcome. I nor send anybody cheesy

What are your thoughts about Nigerian-American girls? Do you mind creating a thread on dating/marrying them?

Based on my experience tho, Nigerian-Americans(especially those who were born and raised in Yankee by parents who immigrated to the US via visa lottery and spent time with their grandmothers) are the better option for a Nigerian foreign student in the US. Tomi Adeyemi and the Ogwumike sisters are classic examples. Most of them(particularly those with strong connections to their Nigerian roots via bold parenting) behave more like ”White Girls in a black skin with Nigerian heritage”.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 2buffagain(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Jainine:

This is getting interesting... grin

You see, white boys (not the racist ones) actually respect black women, I am not even talking about relationship wise yet, I am talking about generally, the white guys are not brought up to see their sisters or other women as any less than they are, if anything they are brought up to respect and support women. When they meet Nigerians, they bring that same energy into the room, and even if she is always on her guard, she will loose her guard quite easily because most people actually shouting for equality in and from Nigeria do so because of level of disrespect Nigerian men have for women.

Before we make this a debate on white vs black, I should quickly point out what point am trying to pass.

Even when a Nigerian woman, pays her own bill and doesn't beg for money from Nigerian men, they will want to bring her low to the level Nigerian culture set for women, under a man's feet. But when they meet white women they can't keep the energy

Secondly, white boy/black girl relationship or marriage is winning because the white boys do not have the same values and disrespectful upbringing. They adore women, respect them and love them.

All I'm saying and from what op has said is for Nigerians to learn humility and respect toward women. That is the reason for the happy marriages between black women and white boys

Cheers!

Bullshit.
Black women (Africa, UK, american, etc) will be the first to call an overly-respectful black man "weak".
Same way a white woman will also call an overly-respectful white man "weak" and then gradually try to test him with cockuldry to see how far his weakness goes.

The simple truth is, black women expect swag from black men. The swag makes them see the black men as something to strive for.
That's the only way most see themselves getting wet for black man, regardless of what their cognitively-dissonified mouth says.

But any basic white boy is free from that because SHE sees herself as the convincer trying to play ambassador to his possibly racist family, etc.
She sees herself as striving for something....and that is the whole point of female attraction at the end of the day. She must feel like she is striving for something, otherwise to most women, that is not love.

"Love shouldn't be easy or boring" is a feeling they have but are too ashamed to openly admit.
The heart of the woman wants to work for love.
I like to give them work grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Savagethe21st(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2020
pansophist:
Generally speaking, women are socially inclined. They evolved to effectively adapt to their surrounding to advance their status. By design, women assimilate towards social consensus (lifestyle), while men lean towards creating that consensus.

Women do better than men in language learning, cultural understanding, are community-oriented, bond easily and strongly, less competitive, more agreeable, and have a lesser tendency for physical violence. All these are a perfect recipe that makes women easily integrate into any society than men.

Lots of diasporan Nigerian men who went back home to pick a wife back to western countries learned this lesson when the women changed and are exactly like the western women they are running away from. Like the old saying, men marry women hoping they do not change (but they change), meanwhile, women marry men hoping they can change him (but he doesn't change).

The female basically waits at the finish line to roll with the winners and will integrate seamlessly into the lifestyle, and live happily, ever after. Easily. There is no such thing as a tip to dating Nigerian women abroad, since her behaviors is predictable, based on the context of the society where she domicile.
nice write up. So what do you advice nigerian men who run home to pick wifes to without toxic feministic tendencies. Should they marry and leave their wifes behind in Nigeria and be visiting frequently?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by pansophist(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
Savagethe21st:
nice write up. So what do you advice Nigerian men who run home to pick a wife without toxic feministic tendencies? Should they marry and leave their wives behind in Nigeria and be visiting frequently?

I'll advise that they either pick a wife abroad and be there with her or pick a Naija wife and stay with her back in Naija. Of course, this is a general advice, and there are good women out there, but I won't take the chance personally. But if he must bring her over, then at the back of his mind, he should expect the worse scenario while hoping for the best.

Though, the elephant in the room that is always being ignored is many of these men that run back home to pick a wife are those that refuse to adapt to the 21st-century relationship formula. They want a super submissive wife to a point of domestic tyranny and derive pride by being the "head". That doesn't work. Such men will probably with time, be taken to the slaughterhouse.

Furthermore, the behaviour of going home to pick a wife is common within the lower class abroad community, those doing menial jobs and didn't pass through the college life where they will meet different people and potential partner. It is not a myth that a huge chunk of the Nigerian population abroad do menial jobs and in the capitalistic western society, such jobs comes with social isolation in a romantic sense, their ideal kind of women will hardly come by.

At home in Nigeria, he may appear like a catch to their potential wife, but when he brings her over, and she sees that her husband occupy the lower economical rung of the society, she loose respect if she is not virtuous and optimise her hypergamy.

7 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Savagethe21st(m): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2020
pansophist:

I'll advise that they either pick a wife abroad and be there with her or pick a Naija wife and stay with her back in Naija. Of course, this is general advice, and there are good women out there, but I won't take the chance personally. But if he must bring her over, then at the back of his mind, he should expect the worse scenario while hoping for the best.

Though, the elephant in the room that is always being ignored is many of these men that run back home to pick a wife are those that refuse to adapt to the 21st-century relationship formula. They want a super submissive wife to a point of domestic tyranny and derive pride by being the "head". That doesn't work. Such men will probably with time, be taken to the slaughterhouse.

Furthermore, the behaviour of going home to pick a wife is common within the lower class abroad community, those going menial jobs and didn't pass through the college life where they will meet different people and potential partner. It is not a myth that a huge chunk of the Nigerian population abroad do menial jobs and in the capitalistic western society, such jobs comes with social isolation in a romantic sense, their ideal kind of women will hardly come by.

At home in Nigeria, he may appear like a catch to their potential wife, but when he brings her over, and she sees that her husband occupy the lower economical rung of the society, she loose respect if she is not virtuous and optimise her hypergamy.
succinctly said. I came across a video yesterday on youtube where many foreign women said cooking for a man is demeaning.Do you think duties we stereotype to women over here like cooking makes one a domestic tyrant and should be alternated?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by pansophist(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
undecided
Savagethe21st:
succinctly said. I came across a video yesterday on youtube where many foreign women said cooking for a man is demeaning. Do you think duties we stereotype to women over here like cooking makes one a domestic tyrant and should be alternated?

No, it does not, to the same degree a man providing is not domestic slavery. The western women you came across on that video are ideologically possessed, they can't think for themselves and merely an extra mouth use to perpetuate a sick ideology. I have lots of feminist friends lol, and they do cook for men.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Savagethe21st(m): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
pansophist:
undecided

No, it does not, to the same degree a man providing is not domestic slavery. The western women you came across on that video are ideologically possessed, they can't think for themselves and merely an extra mouth use to perpetuate a sick ideology. I have lots of feminist friends lol, and they do cook for men.
hahahah so savage
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 12, 2020
Some people have been asking me to balance this equation because it seems like I am bashing Akata women and leaving my Nigerian sisters who reside in America. This thread is to state what to encounter if you are going into any kind of relationship with Nigerian women in America. I don't know about Nigerian women in UK, or anywhere else so I can't talk about that one.

This thread is not to bash Nigerian women in any way. So if you feel offended at any point in reading this, I'm sorry well in advance.

But I must tell the truth.

Hateful replies are welcome. I nor send anybody cheesy
Bro you deactivated your account why grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by RamessesIV(m): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
Jainine:

This is getting interesting... grin

You see, white boys (not the racist ones) actually respect black women, I am not even talking about relationship wise yet, I am talking about generally, the white guys are not brought up to see their sisters or other women as any less than they are, if anything they are brought up to respect and support women. When they meet Nigerians, they bring that same energy into the room, and even if she is always on her guard, she will loose her guard quite easily because most people actually shouting for equality in and from Nigeria do so because of level of disrespect Nigerian men have for women.

Before we make this a debate on white vs black, I should quickly point out what point am trying to pass.

Even when a Nigerian woman, pays her own bill and doesn't beg for money from Nigerian men, they will want to bring her low to the level Nigerian culture set for women, under a man's feet. But when they meet white women they can't keep the energy

Secondly, white boy/black girl relationship or marriage is winning because the white boys do not have the same values and disrespectful upbringing. They adore women, respect them and love them.

All I'm saying and from what op has said is for Nigerians to learn humility and respect toward women. That is the reason for the happy marriages between black women and white boys

Cheers!
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Twizzy30(m): 12:30am On Sep 16, 2020
hollywater:
Over here in Germany, we go home marry them and leave them there.Come back here pregnant Oyibo, get a child leave seperatily and pay Child support every month.
This oyinbo method is still feasible for me, but I’ll never marry any woman and leave her in Nigeria. That’s wasting of resources
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Froshloaded: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
lefulefu:
those yankee based naija guys who go back to naija to get younger wives such marriages always end in a sad note.Once she steps her foot in the US she grows wings instanta cheesy .after the guy trains her in school in most cases in medical school she will divorce him collect his house,car and other properties..prevent him from seeing his kids and get a younger lover for herself that will be smashing her in the house bought by her ex husband grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My Dad's friend took his wife to his village shrine before they went back to USA.. So she no fit Bleep up

This is like 15 to 17 years ago.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Froshloaded:

My Dad's friend took his wife to his village shrine before they went back to USA.. So she no fit Bleep up

This is like 15 to 17 years ago.
hahhahaha shrine ke grin
is it as serious as dat? cheesy
could be she be d calm type or ur dad"s friend"s wife is genuinely in love with him.Lets say na woman wey marry am as a means to an end then no shrine can stop her to leave that marriage once she steps her foot in the US
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Froshloaded: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
lefulefu:
hahhahaha shrine ke grin
is it as serious as dat? cheesy
could be she be d calm type or ur dad"s friend"s wife is genuinely in love with him.Lets say na woman wey marry am as a means to an end then no shrine can stop her to leave that marriage once she steps her foot in the US

You think so, they are still together sef.
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Froshloaded:

You think so, they are still together sef.

no be shrine make her leave.maybe she love the man.Besides if u were already married to a woman in naija and una don dey for sometime and the marriage is going well then there is no reason for her to break up the marriage cos una just change location to US.Most of these broken marriage we see with nigerian men are their nigerian wives are mostly guys who go back to nigeria to pick complete strangers as wives.Such women are not attracted to the men..they view them as a means to an end.As soon as such women enter US dem go gree wings and start having affairs with younger men upandan.if the husband talk dem go claim domestic abuse then sue for divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Twizzy30:
This oyinbo method is still feasible for me, but I’ll never marry any woman and leave her in Nigeria. That’s wasting of resources
exactly its complete waste of resources.The bills u have to pay where u staying u will now be sending money home to another woman in nigeria and meanwhile she will be cheating on u.Most of these guys in europe or US who keep wives in naija..many of their wives cheat on them.u go send money and she will use the money to maintain herself and her boyfriend or manfriend in naija grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Savagethe21st:
succinctly said. I came across a video yesterday on youtube where many foreign women said cooking for a man is demeaning.Do you think duties we stereotype to women over here like cooking makes one a domestic tyrant and should be alternated?
foreign women dont view cooking as duty.Many of them even consider it as a hobby.There some who even take interest in cooking foreign menu different from theirs and learn it on youtube or cooking school.If a foreign woman loves u she will cook for u no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Froshloaded: 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
lefulefu:
no be shrine make her leave.maybe she love the man.Besides if u were already married to a woman in naija and una don dey for sometime and the marriage is going well then there is no reason for her to break up the marriage cos una just change location to US.Most of these broken marriage we see with nigerian men are their nigerian wives are mostly guys who go back to nigeria to pick complete strangers as wives.Such women are not attracted to the men..they view them as a means to an end.As soon as such women enter US dem go gree wings and start having affairs with younger men upandan.if the husband talk dem go claim domestic abuse then sue for divorce.

True.

You dey Yankee?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Froshloaded:

True.

You dey Yankee?
no

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Guys Checking Out A Lady's Backside Inside A Club / Man Staring At A Massively Curvy Lady’s Backside (Photo) / Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.