Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (104016 Views)

Lady Storms Bank In Delta To Confront Rival For Dating Her Married Lover. Photo / Big-Sized Man & His Woman In Doggy Pose In Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Accuses Wife Of Dating A Corper, Sends Her Packing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by emmaodet: 4:14pm On May 07, 2020
scopusng:

Don't say such is no more but not too common.

Ok bro.
Not too common

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by emmaodet: 4:15pm On May 07, 2020
Amazo1:
a story is told of a man who wanted to marry, I will never marry any of this city girls, they are too wayward he would say.he contacted his mother who quickly found him a bride. Bride price was paid all marriage arrangements concluded. The new bride moved to Lagos to live with her husband. Night came and the husband was expecting to unveil his virgin bride. pre-intimacy started, the husband casually touch his pubic hair, he noticed a large growth,why not think of shaving it one of this days ask the husband. No no no I will not touch it , that's why I am called afro baby by all the village boys

Hahahahahahahaha
grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 2buffagain(m): 5:06pm On May 07, 2020
lefulefu:
lol its better yu just marry the devil u know than to be going back to naija looking for a bride.many yankee based naija guys who went home looking for homebase wife to bring to US have sorry tales to tell.if u still insist on marrying homebase just marry her and keep her in nigeria and be sending monthly upkeep then visit her during easter and christmas....but there chances she will codedly have a lover while u over there cos she go need man to warm her bed during the cold lonely nights.

WTF is this? Then what is the point of marrying if you can't even get the benefits?
Overseas marriage is a benefit to the woman alone.

7 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 2buffagain(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2020
wiseone28:
Who made these stupid laws..

Men or women?

Simp manginas and their feminazi overlords.

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 07, 2020
2buffagain:

WTF is this? Then what is the point of marrying if you can't even get the benefits?
Overseas marriage is a benefit to the woman alone.
well those overseas guys who are cunning prefer keeping their home based wives back in nigera cos they scared if they bring her with them back to the western country they reside she might grow wings and start demanding for her rights cheesy cheesy.so they come during the holidays like easter and christmas to spend time with their home based wives while the wealthier ones amongst them can visit occasionally without waiting for easter and christmas per se.but like u said it benefits the homebased wife more because she can have as many lovers as she likes when the husband is away.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 2buffagain(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2020
lefulefu:
well those overseas guys who are cunning prefer keeping their home based wives back in nigera cos they scared if they bring her with them back to the western country they reside she might grow wings and start demanding for her rights cheesy cheesy.so they come during the holidays like easter and christmas to spend time with their home based wives while the wealthier ones amongst them can visit occasionally without waiting for easter and christmas per se.but like u said it benefits the homebased wife more because she can have as many lovers as she likes when the husband is away.

I can understand (and discourage) already being married in Naija and then only him going overseas and then keeping her there.

What I don't get is coming back to marry just to leave her there.
Makes no sense. She's just an extra monthly bill that he would have been using to buy stocks instead
. grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 07, 2020
2buffagain:

I can understand (and discourage) already being married in Naija and then only him going overseas and then keeping her there.

What I don't get is coming back to marry just to leave her there.
Makes no sense. She's just an extra monthly bill that he would have been using to buy stocks instead
. grin
some guys do it cheesy cheesy cheesy..they rationalise it by saying if they carry her back with them to the uk or america she will be claiming right cheesy.so just keep her back in naija and be sending monthly or weekly stipends to her and also understand why some are forced to to come home to marry wives is due to the pressure given to them by their parents especially their moms cheesy....though there some modern families who dont mind if u have a foreign wife and insist of marrying only her..but then some families are very traditional cheesy.

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Eniolakiite(f): 7:11pm On May 07, 2020
grin grin grin
This hierarchy made me laugh for real

AfroKnight:
See, marriage is a lose-lose situation for any straight manly man in the US.

Two ways to be happily married as a man.
1. Be lucky to find a good wife. ( grin Good luck finding one)

2. Learn how to be happy with (and for) yourself regardless of good or bad energy from your wife. Derive your joy from your everyday small wins.

There’s one last option but it involves being a foôl
3. Be a simp.

Women have arm twisted that society to hand them the keys of the kingdom. Being masculine puts you at a disadvantage. You must take shît or they’ll grind your àss. It’s so bad that raising your own son to be a man is deemed toxic. But you’d see them applauding you if your little boy grew up to be a woman.

Hierarchy of importance in the American home:
1. Your children
2. Wife
3. Pets
4. Furniture
5. And finally You, the man.

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 2buffagain(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2020
Ishilove:

This is very amusing, and a tad exaggerated.

Okay fine.
Maybe the man can be #4 and furniture #5.
That's as far as it gets grin

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kingarthur21: 9:08pm On May 07, 2020
Why should a sane guy given the golden opportunity to travel to the states and meet dope babes over there still date this tasteless dimers?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 07, 2020
Ishilove:

This is very amusing, and a tad exaggerated.
Very stupid analogy. These folks are just pained that they can’t treat women like trash in the west just like they do in Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Homeboiy: 10:05pm On May 07, 2020
Na this one una go bring come FP

Our Akata own nko
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Fidelismaria: 10:07pm On May 07, 2020
undecided undecided

if

PATRIARCHY is wrong then MATRIARCHY is no better

they are both the same

two sides of a coin

choose your poison and move on

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by lastchild: 10:10pm On May 07, 2020
emmaodet:

Are you saying our laws enslave our women? is there any part of the law that enslaves women? why are we quick to demonize our country? is there anything nigerian men are doing that the women dont have access to? Most times we talk, open threads on how to travel to abroad etc, some even do thanksgiving in church for getting a visa and somehow look at others as unfortunate for been in nigeria and i wonder where are we getting this mentality from? who told these guys people in nigeria are suffering while the ones in abroad are the fortunate ones?
And that is how some of my friends will come home and be sneaking/hiding from people as if we way they here dey hungry, even with your coming home i will still flex you and host you so what the fvck?
Like what the op said in his first statement that - ''leave that your native brain'' to HELL with him if he thinks he is better off than some here because he thinks like a native fowl too. Leave your yeye bride and bigboyism too etc
I dont know his family or background but i believe he his part of the people who scream ''moti bo - Am free'' when he got his visa at walter carrington in VI
American laws favors women than Nigerian law

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:10pm On May 07, 2020
jerryunit48:
Many of them will always take advantage of the system even more than the Americans themselves because she has found a new freedom just to make life miserable for the guy
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by DriggityDre: 10:11pm On May 07, 2020
pDudd, you've finally hit FP cool

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by xcabczyxabczzzz: 10:12pm On May 07, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
This sorta explains why most Nigerian men over there don't want to marry fellow country women. But why should change of environment change you that easily, people who change with change of environment are fake
Have heard about when in Rome act like the Romans?

1 Like

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Ishilove: 10:12pm On May 07, 2020
2buffagain:

Okay fine.
Maybe the man can be #4 and furniture #5. That's the yankee thing.
LMAO
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by sowilli: 10:13pm On May 07, 2020
lastchild:
American laws favors women than Nigerian law
the women worked their way up-there. It didn’t just come like water. For Nigeria to have laws that favor them, many of them need to stop their “whoreism” and start using their brains. A reason why many of them are dangers to be married to in America is the entitlement mentality and the abuse of privilege which is typical with any black person anyways.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by XshegzzyeeiX: 10:13pm On May 07, 2020
AfroKnight:
See, marriage is a lose-lose situation for any straight manly man in the US.

Two ways to be happily married as a man.
1. Be lucky to find a good wife. ( grin Good luck finding one)

2. Learn how to be happy with (and for) yourself regardless of good or bad energy from your wife. Derive your joy from your everyday small wins.

There’s one last option but it involves being a foôl
3. Be a simp.

Women have arm twisted that society to hand them the keys of the kingdom. Being masculine puts you at a disadvantage. You must take shît or they’ll grind your àss. It’s so bad that raising your own son to be a man is deemed toxic. But you’d see them applauding you if your little boy grew up to be a woman.

Hierarchy of importance in the American home:
1. Your children
2. Wife
3. Pets
4. Furniture
5. And finally You, the man.
What?
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2020
why the fork will i be fortunate enuf to get an American visa and go there to date a forking Nigerian girlisn't that a waste of visa

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by 41lady(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2020
For me, I have decided to marry outside Naija. I can't face Naija women in singarpore.

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by oshaosha2014(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2020
You are stupid for telling a man to go and marry his mother. I see nothing wrong with the way Nigerian men were brought to be the man and be in control of their relationships. Real men don’t do that 50/50 shit. It is better for a man to just be on his own than deal with any useless lady who thinks she can’t serve a man. Your place as a woman is to serve your man.

pDudd:
First tip: Leave that your native brain in Nigeria.

If you're the kind of man that will sit on the sofa and be watching UEFA champions league and be telling a woman that she should go and cook, serve you, bring you water to drink and wash hand, you are in for a rude shock. Nigerian women in US have opened eye now o. They are not going to serve you like master and servant while your stretch your legs on sofa and be watching football.

If your mother did that for your father, please go and marry your mother so she too can come and be serving you like a king. Nigerian women ain't doing that for you.

Before you leave Nigeria, better learn how to cook, clean house, do laundry, go to buy groceries, take care of kids, and learn humility.

Learning humility is of utmost importance because the day you step your feet into America, you are now second to every woman. The American society favors women over men. They placea lot of value over men. So if you didn't respect women in Nigeria, you may need to reconsider that stance. And if you can't see yourself having a woman above you or respecting women, then better stay in Nigeria.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by nanauju(f): 10:15pm On May 07, 2020
Yayy pdudd we hit fp..!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Kobicove(m): 10:15pm On May 07, 2020
So this post has finally landed on front page grin
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by SIRTee15: 10:17pm On May 07, 2020
emmaodet:

Bro i understand you clearly and let us look at it this way -
If we say the african culture or setting is backward simply because a man has the ability to chase out the woman if she commits then same can be said about the western culture which is the opposite of african culture that it is a backward society that encourages and empower women to chase out men when they commit or Even when they didn't commit.
Atleast, you will agree with me that a woman can just pick up a phone and call the police, inform them that the hubby wants to kill her or molesting her and they will kick his ass out.
Please tell me, is there any difference between a man that can call his family to kick his wife out in nigeria and a wife that can call the police to kick her hubby out abroad? Am just flipping the scenario, same story but different players.
So if you agree nigerian culture is backward because the law is tilted towards men then you need to agree that the western culture is Backward and Archaic for tilting towards women, children and animals before men.
We shouldn't let the hate we have for nigeria becloud us.

The society should protect the weak and the vulnerable......
The justice system gives voice to victims and the helpless.....
Most domestic violence victims are women, NOT men....no matter how much u try to twist the narrative....

Its hard for single mothers anywhere in the world....Imagine if they are now left without any support.....
African patriarchal culture is evil and retrogressive....it should be challenged.....

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by peaceprince01(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2020
Nawa ooo freak writer
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by GoodFaith: 10:19pm On May 07, 2020
I didn't read all of your story
There is no one size fit all
Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by Nephilim: 10:19pm On May 07, 2020
All these are stories for the gods! Marry a Caucasian with humility of heart and you will be asking God why you are this lucky!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America by TheManOfTheYear: 10:20pm On May 07, 2020
tiptoe1:
Let me chip In a little. If you successfully get your papers and decide that you want to pick a girl from home, please and please you need to open your eyes and be careful cause it's also as deadly as getting married to an akata.

The western law have made husbands completely infim. You don't expect her to stay the same way and knowing laws in the Western world lets her own the house, the children and majority of the things you have. Many Nigerian wives realize their potentials once they get to tge US. Some of them do worse thing to their husband just to prove a point to their husband that they aren't in Nigeria where husbands has upper hands. So once their eyes tear, they over do it and torment their husbands with it.

So who then should we marry?

Little wonder most men over there end up having baby mamas instead of wives, no one want to lose everything he's worked for to a woman in the name of divorce, or be paying alimony or child support grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

You Visit Your Fiance For The First Time And You See This House (photo) / Guys Checking Out A Lady's Backside Inside A Club / Man Staring At A Massively Curvy Lady’s Backside (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.