Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot (29719 Views)

Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / Charles Grassley Vs EFCC On Abacha's $300m Loot / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by macjurek(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2020
Dear Professor Sir,

From my own candid opinion,you statement of "It is insulting for US Government giving conditions on returned loot" is not acceptable,because in the first place if Nigeria have strict,monitoring mechanism in place public funds would not be stolen or looted by public or private cronies.

Also they know the worth of such returned fund,if properly used in the Country,it will ameliorate so many things.

Just take the COVID-19 funding or donations received and the level of palliatives distribution alone,this is a yardstick for their statement on
Abacha returned loot.

The world is watching my country Nigeria modus operandi in the palliatives distribution and the Government should prove good governance and use BVN linked bank account to distribute funds to her citizens of about 130-138 million not billions in commensuration to billions of naira already donated.

I suggest this before now in social media platforms,now as at today,the minimum to be paid should be #50,000:00 .Even revenue from oil sales cannot be fully accounted for,when statistics from sales over the years are there and whooping.

Thanks,long live ,Nigeria......
Engr.Amos Omogege
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Lacash: 8:50am On May 05, 2020
What can be more insulting than our so called leaders relooting already returned looted funds. This country is a joke grin
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by SaFree(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2020
But wait. . . If Abacha was still alive, would he have been in prison nw or he would have been contesting for presidency and probably might have won claiming that he wants to fight corruption. . i trust we Nigerians would have voted him. . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by riches4me(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2020
Abi Ode ni man yi ni. Dem dey call THIEF thief him say Dem dey insult am. No bi THIEF una be?. BUNCH of ROGUES. come tell us one significant thing una don take all the repatriated funds do.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Akaegwu(m): 9:02am On May 05, 2020
Please calm down. Abacha didn't stole any money from Nigeria. He simply looted a conquered territory called Nigeria. Our current president dey correct. His brothers in the north are doing the same thing locally under this present government.
Nbote:
And if dey had insisted on not giving it back nko? Will u go and beat dem? Isnt it more insulting that 1 man stole dis country dry and 20yrs afta his death we are still discovering more? And it is even more insulting wen U realise dat d current President once said Abacha neva stole...
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by TripleA09: 9:10am On May 05, 2020
but it is not an insult while someone was parked our money go US abi. most of our leaders need factory reset of there brain. Baba think before you vomits crybut it is not an insult while someone was parked our money go US abi. most of our leaders need factory reset of there brain. Baba think before you vomits
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Nobody: 9:12am On May 05, 2020
Nbote:
And if dey had insisted on not giving it back nko? Will u go and beat dem? Isnt it more insulting that 1 man stole dis country dry and 20yrs afta his death we are still discovering more? And it is even more insulting wen U realise dat d current President once said Abacha neva stole...

Jonathan also said so when he conferred an award for “Outstanding Promoter of Unity, Patriotism and National Development” to Abacha in 2014. In 2015, the IBOs said nobody should probe him. Jonathan himself said nobody should probe him except they start the probe from 1960, he made the statement twice on TV network broadcast. What Jonathan told Nigerians is that he is not a saint, we are all thieves, I have taken my share. Jonathan is a good man, those who managed the economy under Jonathan looted heavily. Unlike Abacha's case, GEJ's period was a collaboratively and highly planned distributed looting.

The North does not see anything wrong in Abacha's looting. Nobody has complained or spoken about the logic behind stealing so much money.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Nobody: 9:30am On May 05, 2020
ZZ22:
Nigeria is the joke of the entire universe. Looting, poverty, terrorism, dead president all in one country.

You forgot to add “ineffectual bufffoon”
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Ceazario: 9:34am On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/04/it’s-insulting-united-states-give-conditions-how-nigeria-should-spend-abacha-loot-—sagay
I’m ashamed of you sir. You are a disgrace
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Champneys: 9:40am On May 05, 2020
Shut up Sagay, your duplicitous and incompetent principal claimed Abacha never stole.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Viicfuntop(f): 9:43am On May 05, 2020
uruba23:
I just wish the West would stop insulting us,we have kukuma pay $450million for tacoma airplane, money that would have been used to provide good drinking water for our rural dwellers.If he sent the money and they refuse would he send again.Anyway i saw Gen Abacha in my dream some months ago he was really smiling at me and i think he said he was like an uncle to me...so i am sorry i cannot yab him.To even think they sanction Nigerian during the period and they didn't sanction the money.As for Prof Sagay anyone that reloot the money Corona fall on him or her.Amen if you choose the car or the virus na you sabi.

Please shut up.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by seguno2: 9:44am On May 05, 2020
Mysticwebb:
I can feel your pain Mr Sagay, I'm sure you might have calculated how much that will get to you during the relooting before you realise that there was a condition attached to the money.
Thieves.

Barawo.
Ole.
Onye-oshi

Let us say it in vernacular for better understanding.
Please add yours
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Nobody: 9:53am On May 05, 2020
[quote author=desiredhome post=89195060]Oh foolish Africans.....you stole your country dry and put the stolen funds to another man's land ( economy) and you still give them condition ontop their money?
Why didn't the US reject the stolen funds when Abacha took the money to their country knowing fully well it was stolen money from Nigeria?[/quote

4 ur useless mind u feel u made sense, banks are business entities & they don't care where u earned ur money from ,If u approach them they would save it 4 u, is ur damn right t bank in any bank institution in the world.. The only thing they would do is t alert the US govt that such person deposited huge money with them which is y the US govt knew abt the Abacha loot stored across the US & other banks offshore.. All banks in the world are interrelated dats y the interpol, CIA , MI6 all work effectively. If u wire a stolen fund or suspicious fund across banks the relevant authorities are aware of such transfers & it wont be long till ur caught by interpol.. So u are not wise but dauntingly stupid..
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by gudugudumeje: 10:28am On May 05, 2020
Is the more reason Nigeria should break up into responsible and respectable parts. Enough of such insults and world's poverty an humanitarian disaster capital...Sagay and others should know...
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by 989900: 10:38am On May 05, 2020
The first page of this thread confirms over 90% of first page commenters don't read; only react to headlines, which are often times sensationalized.

Y'all can take a chill pill, drink some cold water and read the article now -- just to reaffirm why we call folks like y'all shallow.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Advancedman(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/04/it’s-insulting-united-states-give-conditions-how-nigeria-should-spend-abacha-loot-—sagay

Nigeria has signed a slavery agreement with them so,
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Nathan308(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2020
Sagay further explained that although it was wrong to give conditions, the US resorted to that based on previous experience with returned loot which was stolen upon getting to Nigeria.

They have to give conditions because our government is not trusted by US, all the loot u people recovered before, how far?
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by luluman: 10:56am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:
It's a lot more insulting for a sitting Head of state to loot his country dry and siphon the loot to another man's country.
CORRECT. And Sagay could not do a thing.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Hestilow: 10:58am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:
It's a lot more insulting for a sitting Head of state to loot his country dry and siphon the loot to another man's country.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Labinto9: 11:11am On May 05, 2020
This man should just shot it jare. Is it not more insulting for lawmakers and government officials to loot the country's hard earned money?
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Ubanz: 11:22am On May 05, 2020
"it is our money, which was taken to their jurisdiction illegally" is that so?
So stealing now has a new baptismal name.
With these kind of fellows miseducating their followers, Nigeria will never be better again.

A few years ago somebody tried to define stealing in relation with corruption but he was quoted out of context.

If I may ask, what makes this government the antithesis of the past governments?.
A government that insisted and still insists that Abacha did not loot.
We don't have to wait for America to monitor the usage of Abacha loots,we Nigerians should be involved.
We will make sure we resist the misuse of this fund and other funds.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by jarx: 11:28am On May 05, 2020
nawao abacha loot no dey finish
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by pasol4real(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2020
Criminals like this sagay will definitely not be happy
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Bigprince96(m): 11:45am On May 05, 2020
One of my lecturer once said even professor know little. If care of using available funds for rising need with proper management has bn in place this country will be better than what it is now, Maybe U.S is right or wrong i did not blame them.only time will tell.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by winj: 11:47am On May 05, 2020
When you have a country filled with stupid people of course get ready for others to poke fun at you.

You have a president who is unqualified and unable to provide leadership in Nigeria and the continent of Africa such that most global powers look to the Ghana president for that...what do you expect?

Actually they should send a team with the money to manage it inside Nigeria!
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by agborodun: 11:50am On May 05, 2020
Its a bigger insult for a sitting President to say that Abacha never stole a kobo while collecting the stolen money with second hand.
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by kunletexs: 12:17pm On May 05, 2020
is it not insulting that the money when given would be used to buy more cars for executive?

Where majority of the money is used to run the executive arm of government
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by DaddyRochie1642: 12:30pm On May 05, 2020
Now it's "Insulting" ... Why didn't the Advise Abacha To stop Looting In the First Place

* Spits On Buhari's Head * grin
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by desiredhome: 12:31pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Heathrow44 post=89205019][/quote]
TRASH
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by desiredhome: 12:32pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Heathrow44 post=89205019][/quote]
You remain a slave to the white because of your inferiority complex, that is why you are poor in the mix of plenty (black man mentality)
Next time follow the topic before commenting rubbish or you ask for explanation from your elderly ones,
If you use your money to build/develop your country the US will not have to opportunity to control you on what to do with your money....
Illiterates everywhere
Re: Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot by Bitcoinomy(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2020
LOL, coz they know mismanagement is the order of the day since independence
Paperwhite:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) / House Of Ebubeagu Commander Burnt, Wife Killed In Ebonyi / RCCG Invites Obi, Tinubu, Atiku, Others To Political Youth Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.