Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches (38239 Views)

Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by IsmahIshra: 7:19am On May 05, 2020
God airpus ooo, my friend was sacked too sad sad sad
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Flyingngel(m): 7:19am On May 05, 2020
lying bastard.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Badmod: 7:20am On May 05, 2020
Control measures.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Debodimeji01(m): 7:20am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Who's deceiving who

Buhari is deceiving us

Access Bank too wan dey deceive us .

Who we go trust ?

I'm telling you...
They have learnt bad habit na.
They have seen how this government gets aware with lying... Lynus of a bank
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Uyi168: 7:21am On May 05, 2020
The number was probably exaggerated..
A whole 75%..Haba na...
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Carmal90(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2020
For safety, let me move my small change first.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2020
Keep lying and deceiving yourselves
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by peacettw: 7:22am On May 05, 2020
And what exactly does "suspending operations" mean? Will the workers still be paid? Or we all going to pretend that it doesn't mean the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Nobody: 7:23am On May 05, 2020
helinues:
So Access bank also don dey play politics economics with sacking of workers
No biology undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Bria234: 7:24am On May 05, 2020
Who they lie now
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Ausval: 7:24am On May 05, 2020
Thank God for social media ....if not over 75% of access bank staff for don they house ...if dem like make dem dey deny for there ...the over 300 branches when you close till December are you saying you will be paying them for sitting at home or you are going to flood the beaches that are opened with excess staff ...make una dey lie give una self in order to get palliative from CBN
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Emmizofficial: 7:24am On May 05, 2020
If there's any staff or worker of access bank please kindly hint us regarding the validity of this claim. Is it true or false?

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by bellosulaiman(m): 7:24am On May 05, 2020
The MD/CEO said in a video that 75% of its contract staffs would be sacked, now the company secretary is coming out to address 75% sack of its workforce. Who is fooling who?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by solmusdesigns: 7:24am On May 05, 2020
cool

Advised to resign is same as sack, disengagement of contract staffs isn't sack also

abi no be Banks again

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by olisaEze(m): 7:25am On May 05, 2020
Anyway na true dem talk.

They’re not sacking 75% again, they’ve already sacked them last week and paid them 2 months salary in advance.

They’re not closing down 300 branches again, they’ve already closed 340 branches!

Bloody liars, after using bank money to fund slok airline scam now the junior staff r the ones bearing the brunt of the MD’s bad business decisions. sad
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by PericomaNwankwo: 7:25am On May 05, 2020
Pubichairs:
cheesy

The point is what's buhari and his cohorts gonna do with the recovered Abacha loot...

The wads won't be enough for them to embezzle on useless stuffs that won't yeild any good to the nation, he'll end up borrowing again, what a useless individual.

APC dogs...any act from the presidency goes well for them...useless supporters

Don't mind the degenerates!! What do you expect from someone that voted in Buhari It takes a soulless person that operates from the lowest level of reasoning.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by afecgivers: 7:26am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/access-bank-denies-sacking-75-workers-closing-branches/

They have got there own share of bailout. Statements reverse are term as fake new. The way access bank is progressing I suspect CBN governor having major share...just one of my meditation.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Chirowman(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2020
i wish its not true because theres hunger in the land and been jobless is the worst.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by money121(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Finnese001: 7:26am On May 05, 2020
cheesy

after covid 19, things will never remain the same
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Bukden16(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2020
Access or Diamond, either way all I see is set of confused bunched of fellows.

Ever since the merger between these two, village people visited them regularly with full force of a tsunami.

Watching them (Access and Diamond) lived using my 3D eye lenses.

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by friday2011(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2020
Only a fool will not see that job loss is inevitable in that statement, they will sack and sack and sack.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Mrtesso: 7:29am On May 05, 2020
Why have they been retrieving official vehicles from defunct Diamond bank branch managers?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by hush15: 7:29am On May 05, 2020
If not be say God use that pregnant woman wey collapse intervene for the matter, we won't be reading this debunking now. So,

Thank you Papa of all creations, Jehovah Yaweh for using the preggy to reach out and thank you she is still alive.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Yoighaman(m): 7:30am On May 05, 2020
dadexcel:
........they should rather admit the obvious and say they later changed their mind after CBN intervention....I saw the video where their MD talked about the retrenchment....

I can't believe Access bank is blatantly telling this kind of lies when the MD categorically talked about the sack in a video that went viral. This press statement is not good for the image of the organization, a bank for that matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:30am On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:
So why did it take Access bank days to issue a rebuttal? Nigeria is indeed a shithole nation.

no mind them the CEO don get his fingers burnt

why is nigeria cursed by idiots in high places?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Chekwume16(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2020
Why are Nigerian companies full of lies. Even top international companies have downsized. So why is it such a big deal here. What is the effect of suspending operations in some branches? Is it not the same redundancy and downsizing. Disjointed country from top to bottom.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Ntomchi97(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2020
Consult with me on your tax matters. Call 09069028618 Email ntomchi97@gmail.com
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by IMASTEX: 7:33am On May 05, 2020
jlinkd78:
No matter what Access bank says now d most of us believe it's d CBN intervention dat stopped d impending job losses at Access bank and will only see this their belated explanation as a face saving attempt. My advice is if u are a banker esp of Access begin to look for an alternative source of livelihood
At first bolded, CBN is only helping access bank for the emotional control, regrettably the sack is inevitable at the moment. It is only a stupid government that won't support businesses at this time and think it just by saying don't sack by mouth. Last bolded is the best remedy. It isn't just access bank, UBA did their before the Covid, and other will following access bank. It may now be in phases. No bank can survive without deposit.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by MrCuteking(m): 7:35am On May 05, 2020
Guys stay away from Access bank. If they can deny this it means they can deny serious issues with your account when it matters the most

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by martineverest(m): 7:36am On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:
So why did it take Access bank days to issue a rebuttal? Nigeria is indeed a shithole nation.
CBN threat....CBN could put them up for acquisition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses / Dangote In Casuals, Joins Femi Otedola In Monaco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.