Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches (38223 Views)

Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by membranus: 8:50am On May 05, 2020
Fragility6:

Please o did u watch d video the GMD made? coz am trying to understand diz ur comment. He mentioned cashiers o abi cashier na outsource too? He even said he is taking a 40% paycut wich says a lot. Stop defending dem. They were foolish. Isn't that they didn't check dier finance b4 donating to d govt. or they are jst being wicked?

Defending who? I am not defending them, I am just saying they are liars if they claimed they are not sacking staff.

They are sacking their staffs.

Let me correct you as a former banker, Tellers (Cashiers) in most of these banks were employed as outsourced staff too. That's why many of them stayed on the same meagre salary scale for many years with little increment.

Ask them.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by adeowo84(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2020
jpmoriarti:
What is direct staff?

The staff they recruited and contracted by their own HR...the contract staff are the ones that came in from outsourcing outfit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Realfrankie(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2020
always get information from a right source before implementing
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:

The staff they recruited and contracted by their own HR...the contract staff are the ones that came in from outsourcing outfit
So you are saying they sacked a fulltime staff? Do you even know what it takes to sack a full staff of a bank?

Pls no staff was sacked. Your friend is lying to you.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 8:58am On May 05, 2020
Emotional and sentimental dingbats everywhere on this thread today
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2020
membranus:

Defending who? I am not defending them, I am just saying they are liars if they claimed they are not sacking staff.

They are sacking their staffs.

Let me correct you as a former banker, Tellers (Cashiers) in most of these banks were employed as outsourced staff too. That's why many of them stayed on the same meagre salary scale for many years with little increment.

Ask them.
Outsourced staff are not really staff of the bank. They belong to another company who outsourced them to the bank. They're not paid directly from the bank.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by adeowo84(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2020
This was my chat with my friend who has being working with access bank for good 8 years as direct staff

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Topmaike007(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Who's deceiving who
Buhari is deceiving us
Access Bank too wan dey deceive us .
Who we go trust ?
Guaranty Trust Bank? (GTB)
we at fidelity we keep our words

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Emmizofficial: 9:05am On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:

Don't mind them o, my friend received her termination letter tru email last Friday... nonsense people
Was she a full staff or a contract staff?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Emmizofficial: 9:08am On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:
This was my chat with my friend who has being working with access bank for good 8 years as direct staff
This is one thing about banks they prefer recruiting fresh graduates so they can use the payment of a long term staff to pay like 3 or more graduates. The recycling continues
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 9:12am On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:
This is not a full staff. What is her position?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Btruth: 9:19am On May 05, 2020
......their problem, not mine.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Asour: 9:21am On May 05, 2020
jlinkd78:
Truly what happens in Nigeria doesn't happen other places and I must blame Access Bank's media handlers for this communication breakdown and not being proactive enough in debunking this news when it came up https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/02/exclusive-pregnant-access-bank-cashier-collapses-lagos-after-receiving-sack-letter&ved=2ahUKEwjjppDXipzpAhVOxoUKHQ-pABcQxfQBMAN6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0DWMZnE1w2hYT1TEvw0BPC. No matter what Access bank says now d most of us believe it's d CBN intervention dat stopped d impending job losses at Access bank and will only see this their belated explanation as a face saving attempt. Even d loquacious FFK queried how d Access bank owner Wigwe sleeps at night when he sacks his staff after releasing One Billion Naira to FG to support Covid 19 yet no rebuttal from d bank. The MD even talked about taking a 40% salary cut and all that thus lending credence to d story of downsizing https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/take-40-pay-cut-access-bank-md-hints-salary-cuts-staff-sack/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjMlIr5j5zpAhWnyIUKHdLEB9QQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0LBGybP8iOlgGBpZOROd4W&ampcf=1. My advice is if u are a banker especially of Access begin to look for an alternative source of livelihood cos if truth be told with so much withdrawal across all banks without a commensurate deposits of funds d sacking of staff might appear inevitable.

Herbert wigwe is NOT the "Owner" of Access Bank in the sense that I own my shoes.
Commercial banks are owned by a fairly large consortium of investors, himself being one.

The N1bn donation wasn't a unanimous decision by him alone. The board surely consented to it. Whether or not he influenced their consent.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by bolousadex: 9:24am On May 05, 2020
their MD mentioned that they will be letting go 75% of non-essential Staff (Contract staff). I watched the online meeting from A to Z. Even if they eventually did not sack, that's their business.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jeffizy(m): 9:38am On May 05, 2020
Pubichairs:
cheesy

The point is what's buhari and his cohorts gonna do with the recovered Abacha loot...

The wads won't be enough for them to embezzle on useless stuffs that won't yeild any good to the nation, he'll end up borrowing again, what a useless individual.

APC dogs...any act from the presidency goes well for them...useless supporters
Lol. Wetin concern ApC and Abacha for the whole story, Oga?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by WaffenSS(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
Kennitrust:
Nigeria doesn't have a reliable journalism

News in this part of the world is really confusing.

You read the way the news is composed and you relax your mind with the BELIEVES that the news is from a reliable source only for another blogger to come up with another claim.

Modified:

Nigeria is a very serious confusion.

The writer sounds like a paid hack.

At the very end, without quoting anyone, he even said "the bank's esteemed investors". How does he know, and what do we care, about the investors and whether they're esteemed or not? Objective writers don't write like that
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 9:49am On May 05, 2020
bolousadex:
their MD mentioned that they will be letting go 75% of non-essential Staff (Contract staff). I watched the online meeting from A to Z. Even if they eventually did not sack, that's their business.
You watched the online meeting? You're obviously not a staff. This is reason why staff shouldn't be allowing their friends and family members to be privy to the workings of the bank. They'll go to blogs and social media to spew trash and things they know nothing about
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Dpharisee: 9:57am On May 05, 2020
kerry57:
When there are confirmations of staff who have received sack letters, u still come out to deny u did. U guys u are denying it now because cbn is halting any sacking process. The truth is u guys have been wanting to sack diamond bank acquired staff and waiting for the slightest opportunity to do that. Well only time will tell.

Did you see a copy of the letters with your Coro Coro eyes or Nairaland rumour mill?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 9:58am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/access-bank-denies-sacking-75-workers-closing-branches/

Bunch of liers I and 8 of my colleagues 5 of us same branch other another branch wia all sacked. My bag of rice and oil i am entitled to since Dec till date has not been given to me yet I got sacked
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Dpharisee: 9:59am On May 05, 2020
Debodimeji01:
Jokers of a bank... something that a friend of mine confirmed some of her colleagues have already receiving letters... I will try get a snap shut of one of those letters let them come and debunk that one again.
They have learnt bad habits from this Government. Denying situations in the face of facts...

We are still waiting for your snapshot of the sack letters shocked
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 9:59am On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/access-bank-denies-sacking-75-workers-closing-branches/

They started sacking since January and without notice just got to the office and got the worst news
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by xeros20(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2020
jlinkd78:
Truly what happens in Nigeria doesn't happen other places and I must blame Access Bank's media handlers for this communication breakdown and not being proactive enough in debunking this news when it came up https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/02/exclusive-pregnant-access-bank-cashier-collapses-lagos-after-receiving-sack-letter&ved=2ahUKEwjjppDXipzpAhVOxoUKHQ-pABcQxfQBMAN6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0DWMZnE1w2hYT1TEvw0BPC. No matter what Access bank says now d most of us believe it's d CBN intervention dat stopped d impending job losses at Access bank and will only see this their belated explanation as a face saving attempt. Even d loquacious FFK queried how d Access bank owner Wigwe sleeps at night when he sacks his staff after releasing One Billion Naira to FG to support Covid 19 yet no rebuttal from d bank. The MD even talked about taking a 40% salary cut and all that thus lending credence to d story of downsizing https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thecable.ng/take-40-pay-cut-access-bank-md-hints-salary-cuts-staff-sack/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjMlIr5j5zpAhWnyIUKHdLEB9QQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0LBGybP8iOlgGBpZOROd4W&ampcf=1. My advice is if u are a banker especially of Access begin to look for an alternative source of livelihood cos if truth be told with so much withdrawal across all banks without a commensurate deposits of funds d sacking of staff might appear inevitable.
Are you saying staff were not sacked? I have termination letters from access bank staff that were layed off
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 10:03am On May 05, 2020
Debodimeji01:
Jokers of a bank... something that a friend of mine confirmed some of her colleagues have already receiving letters... I will try get a snap shut of one of those letters let them come and debunk that one again.
They have learnt bad habits from this Government. Denying situations in the face of facts...
I am a victim too I got sacked.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 10:05am On May 05, 2020
jpmoriarti:
So you are saying they sacked a fulltime staff? Do you even know what it takes to sack a full staff of a bank?

Pls no staff was sacked. Your friend is lying to you.
I and 8 of my colleagues 5 from same branch have been sacked.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by legibow: 10:15am On May 05, 2020
Access bank is useless ooo, so we don't have people working inside there abi... You can play politics on this, the same way u did to acquire diamond... most useless bank in Nigeria
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2020
shugasofttouch:
I and 8 of my colleagues 5 from same branch have been sacked.
Are u a full staff?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Nobody: 10:39am On May 05, 2020
Intelligent PR team. They saw everyone was warming up to close up their accounts.

You can't just casually shut down people's funds till you can regain your balance, like you have monopoly of banking services.

Great rethink.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by ecnuel: 10:42am On May 05, 2020
Kennitrust:
If this news true, then it's a good news

The time would have been suicide for the workers if it was true

Read it again. It is disengaging only outsourced workers and these make up 75% of its workforce. In other words, the news is true.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by obajoey(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2020
wow, even direct staff

adeowo84:

Don't mind them o, my friend received her termination letter tru email last Friday... nonsense people
She is Direct staff o
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by eedrees(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2020
If una like make you deny. Me I sha don move my change wey dey with you..Kama pade mo
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by koning: 11:08am On May 05, 2020
They better deny it very hard. I was just about to pull all my money. How can a bank close 350 branches in one go?.

I was ready to step...
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2020
jlinkd78:

You had time to paste all those links but you didn't have enough time or sense to read and understand the post..

You are talking about central bank stopping job loss at access bank when in fact the post thier were no job losses - what happened was that all branches cannot open because of phased opening of the economy and therefore curtain outsourced staff will not be able to perform thier functions and therefore told to wait till such a time when the economy is fulk swing and those branches are able to open....

And how much is the witbrwas so far that will make the bank collapse that makes you stupidly advice cusromers to change bank. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.