Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches (38222 Views)

Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:
This was my chat with my friend who has being working with access bank for good 8 years as direct staff

The bank is likely heavy at the top and is looking at shedding some the weight there - know of someone with a year and half service bit is not affected. undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 11:57am On May 05, 2020
Ausval:
Thank God for social media ....if not over 75% of access bank staff for don they house ...if dem like make dem dey deny for there ...the over 300 branches when you close till December are you saying you will be paying them for sitting at home or you are going to flood the beaches that are opened with excess staff ...make una dey lie give una self in order to get palliative from CBN

Who told you that anything had been reversed. undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2020
peacettw:
And what exactly does "suspending operations" mean? Will the workers still be paid? Or we all going to pretend that it doesn't mean the same thing.

Open a business a suspend operations in one branch and continue paying them - that's when I will know you re serious. undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

In other words, you support tha action of the bank in laying off 70% 75% of her staff.

Is the error leading to gross losses not made chiefly by the management of the bank? So, who should pay the price for someone's inefficiency?

Which error.. The pandemic is whose error. I doubt if you went to school... undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by peacettw: 12:12pm On May 05, 2020
iswallker:

Open a business a suspend operations in one branch and continue paying them - that's when I will know you re serious. undecided

My point exactly

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by adeowo84(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2020
jpmoriarti:
So you are saying they sacked a fulltime staff? Do you even know what it takes to sack a full staff of a bank?

Pls no staff was sacked. Your friend is lying to you.

What do you mean by saying that...are u one of the top management?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shachris02: 2:09pm On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Who's deceiving who

Buhari is deceiving us

Access Bank too wan dey deceive us .

Who we go trust ?

Guaranty Trust Bank? (GTB)
TRUST GUARANTEED.

GTBANK is A HOPELESS BANK!
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by AuwalYusuf812(m): 2:14pm On May 05, 2020
Who do we trust now ogbeni

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by ybn(m): 2:15pm On May 05, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/access-bank-denies-sacking-75-workers-closing-branches/

They are telling lies. The branch in my location has closed down since Monday as speculated.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Slic1: 2:48pm On May 05, 2020
It is my bank ooo..
I would have said after donating 1billion to FG. Then you sack your woekers it diesn't make sence.

NaijaRoyalty:

https://punchng.com/access-bank-denies-sacking-75-workers-closing-branches/

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Futurejoy(f): 2:49pm On May 05, 2020
MrCuteking:
Guys stay away from Access bank. If they can deny this it means they can deny serious issues with your account when it matters the most
How about their customers, will they be affected cos by mum’s savings is there.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Futurejoy(f): 2:56pm On May 05, 2020
Kweensavvy:
Intelligent PR team. They saw everyone was warming up to close up their accounts.

You can't just casually shut down people's funds till you can regain your balance, like you have monopoly of banking services.

Great rethink.
Please, are their customers going to be affected cos my mum has savings with them
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by freethesheeple(m): 3:02pm On May 05, 2020
Paperwhite:
So why did it take Access bank days to issue a rebuttal? Nigeria is indeed a shithole nation.

hahahahahah na today u know Abeg add am Zoo country not only shithole
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2020
adeowo84:

What do you mean by saying that...are u one of the top management?
I may not be but these things are known. But all you are chasing after, are myths and rumours and conjectures
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 3:35pm On May 05, 2020
iswallker:

Who told you that anything had been reversed. undecided
The only thing these emotional dingbats are interested in, are rumours. They do not want any facts. They prefer to hold on to their myths because it is what their itchy ears want to hear.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 05, 2020
Futurejoy:

Please, are their customers going to be affected cos my mum has savings with them

I really do not work for them though; just my observation.

Your mum's savings account is safe. I think this their shakara only affects those that want to do transactions inside the bank, like cheques, etc, etc.

Their initial stance to 'close branches' was temporal. They simply meant suspend operations.. But it wouldnt have affected your mum's savings account in any way.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Rexology: 4:39pm On May 05, 2020
bellosulaiman:
The MD/CEO said in a video that 75% of its contract staffs would be sacked, now the company secretary is coming out to address 75% sack of its workforce. Who is fooling who?
The MD did not say that in that particular video.He said that they will not need ALL the Tea girls, Security,Drivers, Cleaners and Tellers which constitute 75% of their workforce.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by MrCuteking(m): 5:15pm On May 05, 2020
Futurejoy:

How about their customers, will they be affected cos by mum’s savings is there.

Sure, they will lose value and you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 05, 2020
One of these diamond bank staff called me to help her find a job because she had from the.relible bank source that there would be systemic mass retrenchment
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Oxtertee(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2020
This people are bloody liars, I know someone personally who works with one of their Lagos branch who got sacked.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by Helju: 9:33pm On May 05, 2020
RALPHOW:
Access Bank staff should come out with their letters, if truly they were sacked.
Simple

They were sacked via email. My friend's neighbor is affected.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 9:40pm On May 05, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Are u a full staff?
I wasn't a half staff 90% of staff in the banking system are from outsourcing. Full or not we are the ones doing the job moreover nothing like full staff in the banking system it's either you are non contract or contract staff which can last for years even over a decade
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 10:08pm On May 05, 2020
shugasofttouch:
I wasn't a half staff 90% of staff in the banking system are from outsourcing. Full or not we are the ones doing the job moreover nothing like full staff in the banking system it's either you are non contract or contract staff which can last for years even over a decade
Access bank has over 7000 full staff. Full staff are staff that can earn promotion etc. You're wrong to say there's nothing like full staff.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by themanderon: 5:41am On May 06, 2020
After the CBN halted the plans.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shadeyinka(m): 7:16am On May 06, 2020
iswallker:

Which error.. The pandemic is whose error. I doubt if you went to school... undecided
A little decorum and sense will tell you that the bank staff were not to be sacked due to COVID-19. The bank had been struggling to survive well before March 2020. Any bank that cannot Wade through a 6 month time of low profit is already having liquidity problem.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shadeyinka(m): 7:19am On May 06, 2020
Rexology:

The MD did not say that in that particular video.He said that they will not need ALL the Tea girls, Security,Drivers, Cleaners and Tellers which constitute 75% of their workforce.
And you believe this!? SMH!

Why is it that it is the Bank Tellers, Front desk officers, Accountant who are getting sacked?
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by princecemo(m): 1:04pm On May 06, 2020
Liars, my friends elder sister was fired on monday. Access Bank be careful
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by iswallker(m): 2:17pm On May 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

A little decorum and sense will tell you that the bank staff were not to be sacked due to COVID-19. The bank had been struggling to survive well before March 2020. Any bank that cannot Wade through a 6 month time of low profit is already having liquidity problem.

Looooll..

A bank that acquired diamond Bank with all its assets and liabilities is struggling to survive.. undecided

What kind of slow spoke are you.. undecided
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shugasofttouch: 2:30pm On May 06, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Access bank has over 7000 full staff. Full staff are staff that can earn promotion etc. You're wrong to say there's nothing like full staff.
Be it full, half or quarter staff. From access directly and outsourcing, everyone gets promoted whenthe person is due for promotion be it any department including cleaners, security and drivers I know what I am saying.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shadeyinka(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2020
iswallker:

Looooll..

A bank that acquired diamond Bank with all its assets and liabilities is struggling to survive.. undecided

What kind of slow spoke are you.. undecided
But Corona virus of less than 3 months old in Nigeria is causing them to lay off staff!?

See where the finger is pointing to!? YOU!!
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by jpmoriarti(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2020
shadeyinka:

But Corona virus of less than 3 months old in Nigeria is causing them to lay off staff!?

See where the finger is pointing to!? YOU!!
Access bank has way too many staff. The overhead cost keeping all those people are simply unsustainable. After the merger, no staff was sacked. So it's only a matter of time before the downsizing takes place.

The unaudited financial result for the first quarter ended 31st March shows the bank making profits of over N40B. This shows that the institution is not struggling at all.

The lockdown has taught the bank what they always knew; that they don't really need all the staff they currently have. As a result, the bank is now investing more on the digital department, encouraging more online strategies to serve our over 35M customers, acquiring more IT talents all over the world. The world is going digital. So, banks cannot be left behind.
Re: Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches by shadeyinka(m): 6:46pm On May 06, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Access bank has way too many staff. The overhead cost keeping all those people are simply unsustainable. After the merger, no staff was sacked. So it's only a matter of time before the downsizing takes place.

The unaudited financial result for the first quarter ended 31st March shows the bank making profits of over N40B. This shows that the institution is not struggling at all.

The lockdown has taught the bank what they always knew; that they don't really need all the staff they currently have. As a result, the bank is now investing more on the digital department, encouraging more online strategies to serve our over 35M customers, acquiring more IT talents all over the world. The world is going digital. So, banks cannot be left behind.
I wish layoffs will always start with the managers, executives and administrators of each bank. Banks have the lowest job security amongst private businesses as far as I know in Nigeria.

I believe that enough feasibility studies were done before the acquisition took place...and the normal behaviour of the callous executives is to think of layoff.

Who cares about pawns in the banking industry anyway! They are the sacrificial lamb. Loyalty and hardwork doesn't matter to them. They appropriate heavy allowances for themselves until the system is having problem and then as usual, it's the hard working young Nigerians that pay for their recklessness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

​​A Loan App Is Threatening Me! Help! / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.