Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Biased Moderators - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Biased Moderators (7551 Views)

Seun, Pls, Examine Ur Moderators Properly B4 Making Them Moderators. / Seun, Moderators And Special Interests Are Destroying The Movie Section / Nairaland Moderators On Scale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Biased Moderators by hardeycute(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2020
Seun:

You were banned our software for posting spam.
Kindly look into some of their activities or you should try reviewing some of their bans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 10:49am On May 05, 2020
helinues:

grin grin if you people behave, mods won't ban you .

If Nairaland ain't life,then why can't you move on?

No NL's is immune to banning

You dey try tap mods grin I understand

1 Like

Re: Biased Moderators by FatherBona: 10:50am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:
Without iron hands, what is left of nairaland would be trashed into the dustbin of history. Apart from tribal innuendos in politics section where I frequent, mods have lately upped their games. The job could be frustrating when acclaimed intelligent people on nairaland will be wittingly and cleverly throwing tribal tantrums.

Forum members have their own responsibility as well. We put all the blames on the mods forgetting we are the architect of the whole thing.

Sadly, whe mods act to protect the sanity of the forum, different threads like this will be springing up to either bash or blackmail the mods.

Dear Moderator,

Do all that is necessary to protect the forum, don't listen to blackmailers. Do your work but honest feedback should be clinically reviewed.

Thank you.

Nexus
Are you saying most of the accusations on this thread are unfounded and untrue?!?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by helinues: 10:51am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

You dey try tap mods grin I understand

Are they going to credit my account after getting you banned?

1 Like

Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 10:53am On May 05, 2020
Seun:

No I was not. How come did I keep sending your mods on the investment section for weeks continously and didn't get attended to. How come did I send a couple or so mails to the Mods on the investment and business section and even three months after my mail was left unattended to.

Seun how come when certain people have issues within minutes you mods comes to delete the threads and when it's others they won't have anyone to attend to them

I'm sure you know my main. I won't mention it.

Asides from when I get banned, I know how my contributions significantly push topics to reach front page and attract healthy interactions. You've violated me by your mods refusing to respond when I communicated them in times of need. If you can't manage a thing, don't start it

Why can't each section have at least four mods so if the excuse of one mod being overwhelmed is the issue, over mods take charge.

If I tell you my main. And then you recall my contributions and see how it has motivated healthy intelligent interactions you'll see the person here is quite popular with good contributions. But because we haven't befriended your mods, those that have done so can perpetuate cyber bullying and get away with it.

Are you aware that it's norm a norm for two people to be involved in banners and just one gets banned

I can swear by my father's grave, I know people who have your mods phone numbers and call them the moment their need their bias work.

I was trolled for almost a year plus now I've been calling the attention of your mods to look into the matter rather because my accusers are befriended by them, they ignore my summons.

Are you aware on the business, politics and investment sections the moment people can't outwit another in discussions they go about smearing them and unleash massive defamation campaign. And your mods are called to take action, but rather because the perpetrators are seemingly close allies they look away while your forum rules stipulates just as the newly passed cyber crime act that all forms of defamation is a crime

My dear brother, do your homework o

You are the owner of your forum. Personally, some of us have decided to leave your forum, others to not comment anymore until there's adequate Moderators to respond to requests. It's not by force, if your mods can't respond to requests let them resign. If they have become too glued to you to put them to order, increase your mods. If left unattended a day will come when you will be invited before the Senate and you will be handed down the irresponsibly organisation owner treatment

If you have been unaware before now, read below and take note of below

There's something going on in business and investment sections. Once you outwit people in discussions, they wait some weeks and then come in droves accusing you of scam because they lost in a debate. Imagine how low the forum has dropped. Seeing scam as a sensitive issue, the Mods believe and refuse to demand proofs and ultimately ban the victim, while the perpetrators befriend their mods friends because they've been old to tarnish people's reputation

You can no longer comment on business and investment section, you'll be trolled with name calling as scam

I was somewhere on the investment section and you wouldn't believe our generation o, some fellas kept trolling that he's sounding intelligent so he can gain people's trust, get them to give him money and then scam them

There's no section on business and investment section you can comment without fear of defamation again

CC Titi03

FatherBona

Sapientia

Nexus25

Urhobokwaleboy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by legalwealth(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2020
Titi03:
Dear Seun,

I would like to draw your attention to the sheer amount of corruption you have introduced to this site through your "moderators" policy.

There is now a certain gang of individuals who have slyly befriended some of your moderators, thus using them as a tool for bullying and censoring towards others and increasingly, many of us have noticed the following:

Family Section
There are many instances of when these two moderators ( M.ynd44 & D.ominique ) have repeatedly banned people for comments that do not violate any rules simply because they don't like them personally or their 'friends' have secretly contacted them to remove that person's comments. Yet, they allow these same friends of theirs to bully/insult others without removing such offensive remarks or banning them. It is clearly obvious that bullies such as c.ococandy & p.ocahantas have moderators in their back pockets.

Travel Section
j.ustwise is a moderator who deletes inoffensive comments and immediately issues out bans of at least 2 months to those who he has a personal issue with.

Now I can't speak for other sections as i don't frequent those ones, but I'm sure if your corrupt moderators allow this thread to remain, a lot of people will come forward to share their terrible experiences with the cabals of this site.

Seun, if you must have censorship on your site, then please implore the use of bots and not people. Especially Nigerian people who are inherently corrupt and narrow minded!

There's a major reason why websites such as YouTube, Reddit, Quora etc .. do not appoint individual users as "moderators" as there will always be that human factor in bias and unfair judgement of others. Using fellow site users to censor others encourages nothing but barbarism, backwardness and the stifling of free speech.

Thanks

Exactly! !!

Most of them are very biased and corrupt. Seun as well knows of a serious scam and fraud case in the autos and cartalk sections that the closest super moderator to him in person of Myn.d44 was backing(hiding my posts and banning me severally for his corrupt and biased reasons).

I eventually served 5 months ban and the reason attached was because I responded to an insult with "mumu" which is not censored on nairaland and millions of it are all over nairaland when searched.

I even had to send mail to seun's private e-mail but he never replied till date.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biased Moderators by Omoluabi16(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2020
Twice I've been banned, and they were both justified. These mods are imperfect abeg. Take your L in peace.No be do or die affair. These names y'all complain about are also bullied non stop with side talks and all. If you're constructive in your arguments and put your emotions in check, no one will ban you. If you get unjustly banned.. well, life itself is not fair.

2 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by Nexus25(f): 10:56am On May 05, 2020
FatherBona:

Are you saying most of the accusations on this thread are unfounded and untrue?!?

If only an holistic enquiry could be launched to ascertain the veracity of these claims, most often, mods act according to the rules of the forum but as humans who detest rules and orderliness, we cry foul where there is none. Deep inside, we know what we're doing.

2 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 10:56am On May 05, 2020
helinues:

Are they going to credit my account after getting you banned?

Getting me ban.. guess you’re scared of ban.. I’m not ..
Fvck .. getting me ban?

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by abes(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2020
Seun:

This is just a suggestion as a long term member of this forum, to bring a bit of sanity back to this forum especially in the Politics section, I'll suggest you disable the Like & Share features for at least a week.
Re: Biased Moderators by helinues: 10:58am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Getting me ban.. guess you’re scared of ban.. I’m not ..
Fvck .. getting me ban?

lipsrsealed

Go to quora as some people suggested.

It's not by force to be on here

2 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by Kuns84(m): 10:58am On May 05, 2020
Seun:
Looking into this....

Thank you sir.
Please see that some of your moderators have now started banning people and deleting comments.

I suspect it's Mynd44.

@crackkhaus come and see o

12 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by helinues: 11:01am On May 05, 2020
Seun:
Looking into this....

Oga Seun,let the mods be rather proactive to reports. Going through some of their comments already justified them getting banned.

Most of them are not cultured with their words.. Nobody has immunity to ban on NL except the mods themselves

4 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by Nexus25(f): 11:01am On May 05, 2020
abes:

This is just a suggestion as a long term member of this forum, to bring a bit of sanity back to this forum especially in the Politics section, I'll suggest you disable the Like & Share features for at least a week.

Seun, kindly look into this suggestion. Likes and shares massage the ego of the purveyors of fake news, motivate religious bigots and tribal hallelujah boys.

Disabling the button is like quenching the core of their inferno and killing the energy fuelling their vulnerability.
Re: Biased Moderators by Kuns84(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:
Without iron hands, what is left of nairaland would be trashed into the dustbin of history. Apart from tribal innuendos in politics section where I frequent, mods have lately upped their games. The job could be frustrating when acclaimed intelligent people on nairaland will be wittingly and cleverly throwing tribal tantrums.

Forum members have their own responsibility as well. We put all the blames on the mods forgetting we are the architect of the whole thing.

Sadly, whe mods act to protect the sanity of the forum, different threads like this will be springing up to either bash or blackmail the mods.

Dear Moderator,

Do all that is necessary to protect the forum, don't listen to blackmailers. Do your work but honest feedback should be clinically reviewed.

Thank you.

Nexus

Well then, Seun should program bots to do this rather than human beings who are subject to favouritism and bias.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by sapientia(m): 11:09am On May 05, 2020
Seun:
Looking into this....

You promised same in webmaster but have done nothing.

Anyone reported by that BBQ guy gets banned. It has happened to me for doing nothing.

If you don't act fast, you may experience traffic drop after the lockdowns as staying home forced some people to still be here.

You got to overhaul NL and your mods

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:09am On May 05, 2020
Kuns84:

Well then, Seun should program bots to do this rather than human beings who are subject to favouritism and bias.

When the bots where handling it, it was peaceful. I've been around since 2005 and my dear brother when the bots were doing the bans, the forum wasn't polluted with favoritism and bias. Yes I said it, since 2005

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 11:10am On May 05, 2020
helinues:

Go to quora as some people suggested.

It's not by force to be on here

What is keeping majority here is to debunk lies and propaganda spread by southwest on daily..

Which you are championing.. with ignorance. Spreading hatred is a morning tea to you people from your region..

Not that our placenta is tied to nairaland.. we hardly come to nairaland and even if we do .. is to show the word the mental reasoning of southwest and how majority of una the reason through the likes on a comment.

To keep exposing propaganda, twisted narratives, mental reasoning of the acclaimed sophisticated tribe.

Truth is not hidden and can’t be denied

Just went through you post..

Nonsense!

7 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by helinues: 11:13am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

What is keeping majority here is to debunk lies and propaganda spread by southwest on daily..

Which you are championing.. with ignorance. Spreading hatred is a morning tea to you people from your region..

Not that our placenta is tied to nairaland.. we hardly come to nairaland and even if we do .. is to show the word the mental reasoning of southwest and how majority of una the reason through the likes on a comment.

To keep exposing propaganda, twisted narratives, mental reasoning of the acclaimed sophisticated tribe.

Truth is not hidden and can’t be denied

Just went through you post..

Nonsense!

We have not packed Oracle from the ground,it has started working... grin grin

Enjoy your day
Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:14am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:

Dear Moderator,

Thank you.

Nexus

If he increases the Mods per section from two to five, he will have more hands. There are millions of idle people who would be willing to take the job. With proactive botnets and increased human administrators this can be resolved in just a week.

First, anyone who abuses gets a banned instantly without fear of favors

Anyone who disses a tribe, whatever tribe it is gets a ban

Anyone who gets intellectually beaten hands down and calls another a scam because of the issue gets a ban. All accusations of calling people names like scam without substantial evidence gets a six months ban

If there is no goal shifting, sanity will be restored while putting these to action.

5 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 11:15am On May 05, 2020
RedPhoenix:

When the bots where handling it, it was peaceful. I've been around since 2005 and my dear brother when the bots were doing the bam, the forum wasn't polluted with favoritism. Yes I said it, since 2005

Nairaland started cool.. ngwakwe.. was the first mod on politics.. the west accused him of favoritism.. and brought one with real favoritism ..
Everything changed 2007..by 2011.. seun lost control

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 11:16am On May 05, 2020
helinues:

We have not packed Oracle from the ground,it has started working... grin grin

Enjoy your day

We have not packed oracle from the ground, it has started working grin cheesy

Enjoy your tribalism cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:18am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Nairaland started cool.. ngwakwe.. was the first mod on politics.. the west accused him of favoritism.. and brought one with real favoritism ..

Exactly it started like play from 2007. 2009, it escalated. 2013-2015 madness took over. I remember how we used to exchanged highly intellectual discussions

You can no longer comment on business and investment section, you'll be trolled with name calling as scam

I was somewhere on the investment section and you wouldn't believe our generation o, some fellas kept trolling that he's sounding intelligent so he can gain people's trust, get them to give him money and then scam them

There's no section on business and investment section you can comment without fear of defamation again

CC suen seun

1 Like

Re: Biased Moderators by Kuns84(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2020
Seun:
Looking into this....

Sir, please be aware that cococandy has Mynd44's personal number and orders him to delete people's comments whenever she wants.

Look through pocohantas' profile and see numerous insultive comments towards others but Mynd44 has bias towards these girls and allows them insult others whilst banning their victims. Mstick is another rude person that insults people at will.

Biglittlelois insults bukatyne all the time and Mynd44 also allows this.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biased Moderators by Nexus25(f): 11:24am On May 05, 2020
RedPhoenix:

If he increases the Mods per section from two to five, he will have more hands. There are millions of idle people who would be willing to take the job. With proactive botnets and increased human administrators this can be resolved in just a week.

First, anyone who abuses gets a banned instantly without fear of favors

Anyone who disses a tribe, whatever tribe it is gets a ban

Anyone who gets intellectually beaten hands down and calls another a scam because of the issue gets a ban. All accusations of calling people names like scam without substantial evidence gets a six months ban

If there is no goal shifting, sanity will be restored while putting these to action.

Your suggestions are very valid but would increase the overhead of the company. Profit first I think?
Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:28am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:

Your suggestions are very valid but would increase the overhead of the company. Profit first I think?

At the expense of its continously downward spiral

I used to think not all mods get paid and it's a free service. Check around and ask

I'm also aware Nairaland is highly ranked on Search engines index and uses this as an advantage to attract adverts which people make payments for

This is inspite of operational costs like very expensive AWS cloud hosting services

I'm also a tech guru and these things are more a matter of nonchalance over expenses Sir

1 Like

Re: Biased Moderators by Nexus25(f): 11:28am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Ngbakwe was one of those that made me to finally join nairaland. Very intelligent man but he was openly biased. A bigot to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Biased Moderators by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: I agree with you 100%. Their is a thread about pocahunters give away. Among the comment section a girl bodly said

"I DON't LOOSE A FIGHT AND IF I SEE AM LOOSING I'LL CALL IN THE MOD AND YOU GET BANNED".

Can't really remember the female moniker. But it's on pocahunterss give away thread..

9 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:30am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:

Ngbakwe was one of those that made me to finally join nairaland. Very intelligent man but he was openly biased. A bigot to say the least.

In our early days 2005-2006/2007,there wasn't any bigot. It was just intellectual debate. That was how I formed my habit of waking up and visit politics section where men would talk intelligently. How it degenerated eludes me till tomorrow. I was away for some years and when I returned, what I met was and remains indescribeable

5 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:33am On May 05, 2020
Thank goodness justwise the egoistic emperor is here even though he came late to the party.

Enjoy your show of power, albeit, I hope it translates to real power in real life. Spits angry

6 Likes

Re: Biased Moderators by ificatchmodeh: 11:35am On May 05, 2020
Nexus25:

Is this present mod not openly biased.?. mean politics mod..
Re: Biased Moderators by RedPhoenix: 11:37am On May 05, 2020
ificatchmodeh:

Is this present mod not openly biased.?. mean politics mod..

I hardly enjoy politics section these days. I've seen helinues sarrki and the likes openly torment people, troll them and their victims get banned when they reacted. And this is a norm. I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't more that meets the eyes behind the scene

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

NNPC Attributes Sudden Fuel Queues In Lagos To Road Construction Gridlock / Funny Pictures Of Kermit The Frog / Have You Seen Odubayo Bolaji James?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.