Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Jamaica is alot better than nigerian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jamaica is alot better than nigerian (5692 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths / USA swat are more brutal than Nigerian SARS but they allowed them, / Aregbesola: American Prisoners Earn Higher Than Nigerian Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 05, 2020
@Grayoso

I understand your points but you are talking about an entirely different things. Nigerians in diaspora is doing well because they are in a different country where human life and needs is placed first.

You'll hardly see an average nigerian without connection (big politicians) backing him succeeding in Nigeria nigeria is among the country where their dream is to flee to another country to progress.

Nigeria is s failed state, saying otherwise is just lying to yourself

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Okoroawusa: 12:31pm On May 05, 2020
Na wa o!... small small children plenty for this Nairaland. Wetin make read this thread sef?

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by lukui: 12:49pm On May 05, 2020
If a problem is big, one of my teachers taught me to break it down into small small pieces before solving it. Nigeria has 36 states, 19 northern states, and the rest in the middle belt, north central, south east and south west. Each state has its governor. Before you come out and lambast Nigeria as a nation, have you asked the governor of your state, how he spent your last igr? Money for schools, roads, hospitals, airports, and so on . were they all judiciously used? I read that if there were no crictisms, governance will be bad. Yes we know northern leaders are ill, but let's take Lagos as an example, they have their master plan that they are following, fashola came did his own and left, ambode came did his own and left, now sanwo olu too is in line, I think many other States in Nigeria can emulate Lagos. Those saying our leaders are bad our leaders are bad, forgot that its good followership that breeds good leadership. Its we followers that supposed to check ourselves before criticising our leaders. She if I have collected bribe from buhari, will I be able to abuse him on television?

9 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by ikbnice(m): 1:09pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Let me also add that there citizens aren't known for bad things outside their country..

Unlike nigerians that every single country want us out, south Africa, Ghana are complaining of us running their country.

There's even an internet scam named after nigerians.
Sadly no note that I was active in a football manager group on Facebook. Ordinary football manager group ooo. They have been welcoming as we comment and post randomly. The day they got to know am a Nigerian, chai! Na im I know say all reputation is lost as a Nigerian. Nigerians have spoilt Nigerian image. I gently removed myself from the group
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by ikbnice(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I'm so ashamed of this country, even nigerians can't even battle Ghana on Twitter because Ghanaians will wreck them with facts about how backward nigeria really is so they started facing Uganda.

Nigeria is the old country where olden days is better than what they've now.
Nigeria is the only country whose glory days are years ago. So we are literally moving backwards

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by tatatar: 1:14pm On May 05, 2020
Lagos State alone is six times the population of Jamaica.

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by tatatar: 1:16pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

See I don't hate these northerners but if the north will hands off power,all forms of power for like 20years,things will change.

As long as we have retrogressive, conservative people running the nation,it will remain a zoo.
I pity kids born here
Continue blaming North

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by oglalasioux(m): 1:29pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I'm so ashamed of this country, even nigerians can't even battle Ghana on Twitter because Ghanaians will wreck them with facts about how backward nigeria really is so they started facing Uganda.

Nigeria is the old country where olden days is better than what they've now.

So so true.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Kenmatt(m): 1:35pm On May 05, 2020
manuelreports:
We sold oil for over 50 years yet cannot boast of stable power supply, good roads, well equipped hospital, better schools and no social investment programme.
Look at China that was once in the league of developing nation with us, look at India, they have all moved ahead and look at where we are as a nation. I think the only way out is to divide the contraption called Nigeria, else we keep deceiving ourselves. People who want to be in darkness and poverty should remain and people who want to move forward should move forward.

Can you systematically and analytically tell me when we were in the same cadre with China as a third World country?

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by rationalhuman(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2020
I am just fed up with the people giving examples of India and China. Please dont compare any country from this continent with India and China.
As world`s ancient civilizations both India and China were more rich, More Powerful, More Innovative then entire Europe.
India and China both had 82% of entire worlds GDP.
Source:
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/2000-years-economic-history-one-chart/
https://www.newgeography.com/content/005050-500-years-gdp-a-tale-two-countries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_India

Chinese were doing research on Explosive chemicals during Ming Times.
India was the birthplace of Trigonometry, Complex mathematics (Vedic).
Number system that we use in today's world was developed by Indians and same knowledge passed to Spain(ie. Europe) by Arab traders.

We can say China and India are just reclaiming their destiny, the past glory, that was lost in middle due to various factors (and religion was one of them.)

Since when we have started studying mathematics in this continent?? 70s . so please dont compare apple to oranges.
If we can make a good schooling available to public and good hospitals in next 30 years then we are successful.

This continent has very long journey to go brother, and we are loosing hope.
manuelreports:
We sold oil for over 50 years yet cannot boast of stable power supply, good roads, well equipped hospital, better schools and no social investment programme.
Look at China that was once in the league of developing nation with us, look at India, they have all moved ahead and look at where we are as a nation. I think the only way out is to divide the contraption called Nigeria, else we keep deceiving ourselves. People who want to be in darkness and poverty should remain and people who want to move forward should move forward.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 05, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Na wa o!... small small children plenty for this Nairaland. Wetin make read this thread sef?
that small child can feed your family. Okay?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by snitchbitch: 1:57pm On May 05, 2020
Fixing Nigeria goes beyond talking alone. On radio Nigeria, they use to say "ask yourself what you can do for Nigeria and not what can Nigeria do for you"

Our founding fathers like tafawa balewa, nnamdi azikwe and obafemi awolowo were selfless and not selfish individuals like many of us. If I become president all I will be thinking about is how to loot.

Think about the solution and not festering the injury!!!
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by snitchbitch: 2:00pm On May 05, 2020
Only me, only me syndrome is what is killing us. Me and my family, me and my family, nothing concerns us about the man next door whether he has eaten or he is hungry. May be he is dead or still alive.

Covid 19: many have died, while many are using the opportunity to steal. Nobody will come from heaven or another country to fix Nigeria for us. We have to fix it for ourselves. God will not do for man what man supposed to do for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 05, 2020
lukui:
If a problem is big, one of my teachers taught me to break it down into small small pieces before solving it. Nigeria has 36 states, 19 northern states, and the rest in the middle belt, north central, south east and south west. Each state has its governor. Before you come out and lambast Nigeria as a nation, have you asked the governor of your state, how he spent your last igr? Money for schools, roads, hospitals, airports, and so on . were they all judiciously used? I read that if there were no crictisms, governance will be bad. Yes we know northern leaders are ill, but let's take Lagos as an example, they have their master plan that they are following, fashola came did his own and left, ambode came did his own and left, now sanwo olu too is in line, I think many other States in Nigeria can emulate Lagos. Those saying our leaders are bad our leaders are bad, forgot that its good followership that breeds good leadership. Its we followers that supposed to check ourselves before criticising our leaders. She if I have collected bribe from buhari, will I be able to abuse him on television?
I understand your points but outsiders don't look at it this way.

When a country is been insulted or question, there's not north or south or east or west, we are all in this together.

When people abroad mention Boko Haram, you think they are referring to northerners?? They group the entire country as a whole.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 05, 2020
ikbnice:
Sadly no note that I was active in a football manager group on Facebook. Ordinary football manager group ooo. They have been welcoming as we comment and post randomly. The day they got to know am a Nigerian, chai! Na im I know say all reputation is lost as a Nigerian. Nigerians have spoilt Nigerian image. I gently removed myself from the group
what did they say?? Because I've my own stories to tell and it's not good embarassed
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by snitchbitch: 2:03pm On May 05, 2020
To the youths, they should let their yes be their yes and their no be their no. They should stop collecting bribes a day before the election. Some of them won't even come out to come and vote on the day of election. They will just hide behind their keyboards and stay at home.

Buhari is dull, old and brainless, who will send him packing from aso rock when you the "young chap" hides inside your room?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by adamx23(m): 2:51pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

See I don't hate these northerners but if the north will hands off power,all forms of power for like 20years,things will change.

As long as we have retrogressive, conservative people running the nation,it will remain a zoo.
I pity kids born here
You must be a very foolish human being. Since democracy, how long has the south ruled?
Why didn't Nigeria turn into a paradise in those times? Inane mofo..

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by adamx23(m): 2:58pm On May 05, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
this is insane. What is wrong with you? You think only igbos are tired of Nigeria? I am yoruba and I can not imagine myself coming back to live in this country.

If you travel from Lagos to Cotonou, you will see the difference between Nigeria and other countries. The highway in Lagos is dirty and full of potholes while in Cotonou it's smooth and properly decorated with flowers.

We have not got one thing right. Not one thing. Our police are ineffective criminals. Our human resources are leaving for Canada every day. Our passport is low ranking...we have terrorists...all sorts of things. The only way forward is to divide the country
You're comparing the state capital with Lagos? Why don't you compare Cotonou with our very own Abuja?
Have you been to other parts of Benin Republic? most of you self haters are really helpless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by adamx23(m): 3:03pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Do you know Jamaica and Ghana first hand? I do and you cannot compare them to Nigeria. The same Ghana where only Accra and Kumasi are fairly developed with virtually everywhere else sedentary and sleepy villages? Jamaica with a total population of around 3 million people and a size of 4244 square miles? Nigeria with over 200 million people and size of 356, 669 square mile? Seriously madam?

America has Ghettos, crime, corruption, relatively poor infrastructure, poverty and deprivation Iceland and Sweden do not have. Does that make those nation greater than the USA?

Population, urban density etal present challenges even the best nations struggle to overcome.

There is a lot great about Nigeria. Your talk of Nigerian leaving in droves is factually incorrect as relocation of diasporans back to Nigeria is now higher than ever. The same Nigeria you rush to leave the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese move to daily to take advantages of opportunities you cannot even identify let alone be able develop into personal success your beloved Canada can never offer.

Each to their own. Enjoy your life in Canada but don't try and justify your personal choice as superior or indication you are better off than others.

Use the link to read the article below objectively, as I only quote excerpts, about a group I am proudly and happily part of and stop peddling your negative and personalized narrative as everyone's reality.

Many exposed Nigerians don't buy what you are selling and in fact the article below could have been written by myself and many, many Nigerians who, despite good success in the diaspora, now feel completely fulfilled in Nigeria, professionally and personally, because we are thinkers outside the box not motivated by money alone.

https://www.policycenter.ma/opinion/role-african-diaspora-moving-africa-forward#.XrFA91PTVkw

The Role of the African Diaspora in Moving Africa Forward

Don't mind them. They'll go to Accra, and start comparing it with Taraba. Is Accra comparable to our state capital Abuja?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by cybriz82(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv change nationality asap. You are irritating. What do you know about Jamaica or Ghana? Can both talk where Nigerian academics and professionals are talking in the USA or UK? Dude you are a self-hater, even as you don't know it, and lack exposure.

It would take too long to educate you and re-orientated your brainwashed mind.

Wizkid dusted Vybz kartel, a dance hall legend from a time African music had no direction or superstars like Wizkid, and you don't even know the significance of that and what it indicates about how Naija music is rewriting the script for Africa and the World.

If we could vote some out of Nigerian citizenship I would vote your kind 24/7 without hesitation because you are clearly ashamed of yourself and only wish to see the bad about Nigerians while you ignorantly place all others on undeserved pedestals.

Just imagine that one wey no get work dey Waka upandan d whole African country looking for a better life..help me ask them wetin Dem dn do to help change this countryif Jamaica is better than Nigeria Goan die there nau abi?

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by cybriz82(m): 3:17pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Do you know Jamaica and Ghana first hand? I do and you cannot compare them to Nigeria. The same Ghana where only Accra and Kumasi are fairly developed with virtually everywhere else sedentary and sleepy villages? Jamaica with a total population of around 3 million people and a size of 4244 square miles? Nigeria with over 200 million people and size of 356, 669 square mile? Seriously madam?

America has Ghettos, crime, corruption, relatively poor infrastructure, poverty and deprivation Iceland and Sweden do not have. Does that make those nation greater than the USA?

Population, urban density etal present challenges even the best nations struggle to overcome.

There is a lot great about Nigeria. Your talk of Nigerian leaving in droves is factually incorrect as relocation of diasporans back to Nigeria is now higher than ever. The same Nigeria you rush to leave the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese move to daily to take advantages of opportunities you cannot even identify let alone be able develop into personal success your beloved Canada can never offer.

Each to their own. Enjoy your life in Canada but don't try and justify your personal choice as superior or indication you are better off than others.

Use the link to read the article below objectively, as I only quote excerpts, about a group I am proudly and happily part of and stop peddling your negative and personalized narrative as everyone's reality.

Many exposed Nigerians don't buy what you are selling and in fact the article below could have been written by myself and many, many Nigerians who, despite good success in the diaspora, now feel completely fulfilled in Nigeria, professionally and personally, because we are thinkers outside the box not motivated by money alone.

https://www.policycenter.ma/opinion/role-african-diaspora-moving-africa-forward#.XrFA91PTVkw

The Role of the African Diaspora in Moving Africa Forward

Tell em about peckham in UK n der crime rate..funny how some peeps go dey compare ghana n Nigeria cus of small accra.evn ordinary island in Lagos big pass Accra..funny people.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

You're comparing the state capital with Lagos? Why don't you compare Cotonou with our very own Abuja?
Have you been to other parts of Benin Republic? most of you self haters are really helpless.

That's what we tell some of them. They have no exposure yet they tend to be most vocal in scathing and ignorant criticism of Nigeria. They will always talk of Ghana, Benin, Senegal etal.

Imagine the insult to Nigeria. Ghana consist of Accra and Kumasi, to a modest extent, as the only reasonably developed Cities of the Country.

Just went past Eko Atlantic about three hours ago and it is still always wow everytime. Nigerian self-haters can never be proud of this effort which is totally unique and a one-of-its-kind icon in Africa.

To compare Ajegunle and Agege to Cantonment and Osu (decent districts of Accra) is very fair to them all in the effort to demonize Nigeria. Whereas can the few decent districts of Accra compare to Lekki alone that is Estate galore before we begin even talking Ikoyi, Banana Island, Victoria Island, Gentrified areas of Yaba with colonial charm, Magodo, and the many many upmarket areas of Lagos?

Many Nigerians just love being negative about Nigeria because they are programmed to have no respect for themselves and other Nigerians. To that end they will always be comfortable praising every nation, even those full of rural villages, as better than Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Graysons: 4:17pm On May 05, 2020
jacksonkennedy:
this is insane. What is wrong with you? You think only igbos are tired of Nigeria? I am yoruba and I can not imagine myself coming back to live in this country.

If you travel from Lagos to Cotonou, you will see the difference between Nigeria and other countries. The highway in Lagos is dirty and full of potholes while in Cotonou it's smooth and properly decorated with flowers.

We have not got one thing right. Not one thing. Our police are ineffective criminals. Our human resources are leaving for Canada every day. Our passport is low ranking...we have terrorists...all sorts of things. The only way forward is to divide the country
Shut dafvck up clown Why are you whining about? No be una (Yorubas )vote for Buhari? crazy people.

4 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 05, 2020
cybriz82:

Just imagine that one wey no get work dey Waka upandan d whole African country looking for a better life..help me ask them wetin Dem dn do to help change this countryif Jamaica is better than Nigeria Goan die there nau abi?

Don't mind him. In fact the self-hater gave an example that amplifies how the dude hates himself. When Vybz Kartel was a raga and dancehall star, shortly after Buju, Shaba and dem man, African music was nothing. Nada.

We all used to listen to hip-hop, rap, raga etal back then. Now, because of Nigerian superstars like Wizkid, Davido, Burna boy etal African music has relegated raga to dust today. African pop music has transcended borders, continent and color because of the special talent of Nigerians.

The OP cannot acknowledge that. All he wants to do is savage Nigeria and Nigerians. Him and others will talk of running away from African forums because they are attacking the reputation of Nigerians. How about using commonsense to know it is mainly out of envy for the talent, intellect, swag and unapologetic charisma of Nigerians?

If I enter those forums I will drop all those haters with e-blows. No one can ever make me ashamed of my Country or apologize for my Nigerian origin. In fact the success of our music shows what happen when we believe in ourselves and rep our own origin, language, individuality and way of life.

Let's not forget some of our stars made many great international hits that were not even in English like gongo aso etal. How far did the likes of Ikechuckwu and Naeto C get trying to rap like the Americans? Yet our stars busting Naija swag conquered the world. God punish all self-haters. Proudly Naija anytime, any day.

3 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 05, 2020
Graysons:
Shut dafvck up clown Why are whining about? No be una (Yorubas )vote for Buhari? crazy people.

You need to shut up. Unrepeant and hateful Bigot. Buhari alone created the Nigeria of today ba? Trolls like you are worthless "born throway" that should be dashed to Mali or Togo.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by cassbeat(m): 4:30pm On May 05, 2020
Truth we don't have sensible leaders.... If Mr bubu was able to do half of what he and his cohorts promised Nigerians I tell you, we would have been in an increasing growth country...
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 05, 2020
Everywhere is better than Nigeria. Any country that provides it's citizens 24hr light, clean water, good roads, good schools, good hospitals and security is a functioning country and will attract investors. Nigeria is a dysfunctional country and investors will have to factor a lot of disadvantages such as;

1. They need a good functioning generator that must work for 24 hours.
2. They need to dig their own bore holes for water.
3. They would need to build their own roads leading to their companies
4. They would have to build their own schools and hospitals for their staff.
5. The would have to pay for their 24 hr security to prevent robbery and kidnapping.
6. Corruption from the top level to the bottom level so they have to have monies to bribe everyone of them.

It is a lot to factor in and for a foreign company to want to invest in Nigeria the benefits must have to be massive to counter the disadvantages of investing in Nigeria. Many times it's not worth the risk.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Graysons: 4:39pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

You need to shut up. Unrepeant and hateful Bigot. Buhari alone created the Nigeria of today ba? Trolls like you are worthless "born throway" that should be dashed to Mali or Togo.
Nigeria has never been this bad, no thanks to you dumb yorubas and your greedy and selfishness
You vote Buhari just because you want your brother Osinbajo to take over from him.

Now you turn around to complain? thunder fire una,enjoyed the change you crave for.
Nonsense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Golan007: 4:40pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv change nationality asap. You are irritating. What do you know about Jamaica or Ghana? Can both talk where Nigerian academics and professionals are talking in the USA or UK? Dude you are a self-hater, even as you don't know it, and lack exposure.

It would take too long to educate you and re-orientated your brainwashed mind.

Wizkid dusted Vybz kartel, a dance hall legend from a time African music had no direction or superstars like Wizkid, and you don't even know the significance of that and what it indicates about how Naija music is rewriting the script for Africa and the World.

If we could vote some out of Nigerian citizenship I would vote your kind 24/7 without hesitation because you are clearly ashamed of yourself and only wish to see the bad about Nigerians while you ignorantly place all others on undeserved pedestals.

Ask him what he does for a living and you'll find he's no more than a failed Yahoo boy or drug pusher .
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 4:42pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

You must be a very foolish human being. Since democracy, how long has the south ruled?
Why didn't Nigeria turn into a paradise in those times? Inane mofo..

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Dtribeless: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

I pity kids born here

This is blatantly untrue. Southern Nigeria governments are not better than their Northern counterparts. It's only the style of Islam practiced in the North that makes the difference: it turns it's back to the outside world, whereas in the South western-style living is not frowned upon so Southerners can better adapt overseas and send money earned from human capital to buoy the Southern economy, and also bring a lot of knowledge from their foreign exposure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience Today Showed That Nigeria Is Dead! / Lessons To Learn From Godwin Maduka's Performance At The Polls / 2023: More Than Five Governors, Other Top Leaders Working For Peter Obi – LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.