Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Jamaica is alot better than nigerian - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jamaica is alot better than nigerian (5695 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths / USA swat are more brutal than Nigerian SARS but they allowed them, / Aregbesola: American Prisoners Earn Higher Than Nigerian Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 4:54pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

You're comparing the state capital with Lagos? Why don't you compare Cotonou with our very own Abuja?
Have you been to other parts of Benin Republic? most of you self haters are really helpless.

If you ain't a pure mallam,you would know you just butressed the op's,godlessgod, point by saying someone mustn't compare Cotonou with Lagos cos Cotonou is the capital of Benin republic and Lagos is just a city!!!!

More like saying the capital of Niger republic is more beautiful than Lagos and also the city of Capetown in south Africa cos Capetown ain't the capital of SA.

So much for mallam mentality. undecided
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 4:56pm On May 05, 2020
Dtribeless:

This is blatantly untrue. Southern Nigeria governments are not better than their Northern counterparts. It's only the style of Islam practiced in the North that makes the difference: it turns it's back to the outside world, whereas in the South western-style living is not frowned upon so Southerners can better adapt overseas and send money earned from human capital to buoy the Southern economy, and also bring a lot of knowledge from their foreign exposure.

Ok then let the backward people saying no to restructuring regionalism resource control and true federalism back pedal....let's start from there.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Dtribeless: 4:59pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Ok then let the backward people saying no to restructuring regionalism resource control and true federalism back pedal....let's start from there.

I agree to some sort of regionalism (a confederation to be precise); however, I'm not deceived by thinking Southern leaders are better. They are equally shambolic.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by adamx23(m): 5:00pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

If you ain't a pure mallam,you would know you just butressed the op's point by saying someone mustn't compare Cotonou with Lagos cos Cotonou is the capital of Benin republic and Lagos is just a city!!!!

More like saying the capital of Niger republic is more beautiful than Lagos and also the city of Capetown in south Africa cos Capetown ain't the capital of SA.

Keep self hating!
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 5:00pm On May 05, 2020
Dtribeless:

I agree to some sort of regionalism (a confederation to be precise); however, I'm not deceived by thinking Southern leaders are better. They are equally shambolic.

Dont be offended o,but At times,do endeavour to read between lines,thanks
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 5:03pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

Keep self hating!

Mallam,so you believe you made sense by saying Cotonou should be better than a whole Lagos,a former capital city, simply cos Cotonou is the country capital and Lagos is not!!!!!!!!!

Chai!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by adamx23(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Mallam,so you believe you made sense by saying Cotonou should be better than a whole Lagos,a former capital city, simply cos Cotonou is the country capital and Lagos is not!!!!!!!!!

Chai!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
I will not waste my time in responding to your stupid opinions.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Dtribeless: 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Dont be offended o,but At times,do endeavour to read between lines,thanks

I'm not offended in any way, but as you can imagine context is usually lost when chatting and not speaking in-person. Please advise on my misreads so others and myself can learn from your insight.

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by cybriz82(m): 5:09pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Don't mind him. In fact the self-hater gave an example that amplifies how the dude hates himself. When Vybz Kartel was a raga and dancehall star, shortly after Buju, Shaba and dem man, African music was nothing. Nada.

We all used to listen to hip-hop, rap, raga etal back then. Now, because of Nigerian superstars like Wizkid, Davido, Burna boy etal African music has relegated raga to dust today. African pop music has transcended borders, continent and color because of the special talent of Nigerians.

The OP cannot acknowledge that. All he wants to do is savage Nigeria and Nigerians. Him and others will talk of running away from African forums because they are attacking the reputation of Nigerians. How about using commonsense to know it is mainly out of envy for the talent, intellect, swag and unapologetic charisma of Nigerians?

If I enter those forums I will drop all those haters with e-blows. No one can ever make me ashamed of my Country or apologize for my Nigerian origin. In fact the success of our music shows what happen when we believe in ourselves and rep our own origin, language, individuality and way of life.

Let's not forget some of our stars made many great international hits that were not even in English like gongo aso etal. How far did the likes of Ikechuckwu and Naeto C get trying to rap like the Americans? Yet our stars busting Naija swag conquered the world. God punish all self-haters. Proudly Naija anytime, any day.

Wow na baba u be ooo so u even know buju banton.. I doubt if some of them know buju..lolz u dey para ooo..
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Ovs4real: 5:27pm On May 05, 2020
waledeji:
Lamentations of akpu Republic cheesy cheesy cheesy

We still expects more of this nagging post in the next few days cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 5:39pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

I will not waste my time in responding to your stupid opinions.

Good. The forum/house would be better for it. grin
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 05, 2020
Just last night I was doing some research on Africa countries I was shocked when I researched Nigeria as one of the worst country to to live in. I shame no be small.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by babasolution: 6:42pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Don't mind him. In fact the self-hater gave an example that amplifies how the dude hates himself. When Vybz Kartel was a raga and dancehall star, shortly after Buju, Shaba and dem man, African music was nothing. Nada.

We all used to listen to hip-hop, rap, raga etal back then. Now, because of Nigerian superstars like Wizkid, Davido, Burna boy etal African music has relegated raga to dust today. African pop music has transcended borders, continent and color because of the special talent of Nigerians.

The OP cannot acknowledge that. All he wants to do is savage Nigeria and Nigerians. Him and others will talk of running away from African forums because they are attacking the reputation of Nigerians. How about using commonsense to know it is mainly out of envy for the talent, intellect, swag and unapologetic charisma of Nigerians?

If I enter those forums I will drop all those haters with e-blows. No one can ever make me ashamed of my Country or apologize for my Nigerian origin. In fact the success of our music shows what happen when we believe in ourselves and rep our own origin, language, individuality and way of life.

Let's not forget some of our stars made many great international hits that were not even in English like gongo aso etal. How far did the likes of Ikechuckwu and Naeto C get trying to rap like the Americans? Yet our stars busting Naija swag conquered the world. God punish all self-haters. Proudly Naija anytime, any day.

Big ups man,i am grateful for these powerful comments,these negative nairalanders are disgusting,they poison peoples brains with so much negativity
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by babasolution: 6:46pm On May 05, 2020
iamloyalty:
Just last night I was doing some research on Africa countries I was shocked when I researched Nigeria as one of the worst country to to live in. I shame no be small.

Let me advice you on something,becareful about things you read online,they are designed to poison your mind and make you selfhate thereby weakening your potential.Those believe most of those fucking write ups on Nigeria and never ever be ashamed of your country
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Problemkid1: 7:02pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad but you are still here.

OP why not get a visa to Jamaica and go live there or if you can't get visa to anywhere, take 'sniper visa' and depart Nigeria in grand style.

You can criticize things but stop badmouthing my country.
Gbam!! Well said?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

If you ain't a pure mallam,you would know you just butressed the op's,godlessgod, point by saying someone mustn't compare Cotonou with Lagos cos Cotonou is the capital of Benin republic and Lagos is just a city!!!!

Capetown is actually capital of SA

SA got 3 capitals Capetown, Pretoria and Bloemfontein
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by BigIyanga: 7:13pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Bruv change nationality asap. You are irritating. What do you know about Jamaica or Ghana? Can both talk where Nigerian academics and professionals are talking in the USA or UK? Dude you are a self-hater, even as you don't know it, and lack exposure.

It would take too long to educate you and re-orientated your brainwashed mind.

Wizkid dusted Vybz kartel, a dance hall legend from a time African music had no direction or superstars like Wizkid, and you don't even know the significance of that and what it indicates about how Naija music is rewriting the script for Africa and the World.

If we could vote some out of Nigerian citizenship I would vote your kind 24/7 without hesitation because you are clearly ashamed of yourself and only wish to see the bad about Nigerians while you ignorantly place all others on undeserved pedestals.
Ignorant folks who have not crossed Seme border ranting as usual. Poorest Parish.. LGA in Jamaica still has running water being provided by their water corporation. There is 24/7 electricity and their emergency services like police, fire and health are working. You can drive from Montego Bay to St Ann to St Clarendon to Kingston without seeing police check points and pot holes on the road. You cannot buy a sim car with TIN (Tax Identification Number) Nigerians have normalized bad living conditions and think that everbdy lives like us. Jamaicans dont know how their water and electrricity are supplied in unlike in Naija where super rich folks in Bourdillon Ikoyi still supply their water and electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 7:15pm On May 05, 2020
Austine1213:

Capetown is actually capital of SA

SA got 3 capitals Capetown, Pretoria and Bloemfontein

Thank you,my mistake,I should have used new York then,since Washington DC is the capital of the States.
So Cotonou is more beautiful than New York,huh?
Oya, Voltron,defend the universe.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Problemkid1: 7:16pm On May 05, 2020
Grayoso:

Do you know Jamaica and Ghana first hand? I do and you cannot compare them to Nigeria. The same Ghana where only Accra and Kumasi are fairly developed with virtually everywhere else sedentary and sleepy villages? Jamaica with a total population of around 3 million people and a size of 4244 square miles? Nigeria with over 200 million people and size of 356, 669 square mile? Seriously madam?

America has Ghettos, crime, corruption, relatively poor infrastructure, poverty and deprivation Iceland and Sweden do not have. Does that make those nation greater than the USA?

Population, urban density etal present challenges even the best nations struggle to overcome.

There is a lot great about Nigeria. Your talk of Nigerian leaving in droves is factually incorrect as relocation of diasporans back to Nigeria is now higher than ever. The same Nigeria you rush to leave the Lebanese, Indians and Chinese move to daily to take advantages of opportunities you cannot even identify let alone be able develop into personal success your beloved Canada can never offer.

Each to their own. Enjoy your life in Canada but don't try and justify your personal choice as superior or indication you are better off than others.

Use the link to read the article below objectively, as I only quote excerpts, about a group I am proudly and happily part of and stop peddling your negative and personalized narrative as everyone's reality.

Many exposed Nigerians don't buy what you are selling and in fact the article below could have been written by myself and many, many Nigerians who, despite good success in the diaspora, now feel completely fulfilled in Nigeria, professionally and personally, because we are thinkers outside the box not motivated by money alone.

https://www.policycenter.ma/opinion/role-african-diaspora-moving-africa-forward#.XrFA91PTVkw

The Role of the African Diaspora in Moving Africa Forward

GBAM!!! You see one thing with some of this Nigerians. Some of them don't have common sense. They think badmouthing Nigeria will solve the problem of this country. They're in Canada, Dubai, Ghana, America e.t.c typing nonsense, instead of them to come back to the country to develop it. They're there spewing trash. They said no place like home. Let them stay there, one day one day they will get tired and come back to country they're rejecting. Foolish people.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Two days ago when there was a battle between Wizkid and a famous Jamaican musician, the battle got heated because Wizkid won and they started throwing insults on nigerians and nigeria..

I didn't really know much about the country so I checked their poverty, education, health and GDP per capital and they are very very much better than nigeria..

Their crime rate is low, no terrorist groups in their country and no under age marriage either..

They've good tourism even if their GDP was low even lower than lagos but they had a higher standard of living better than nigerians.

It made me so ashamed to be called a Nigerian,decades past nigeria was so much better than what we've now.

Nigeria now can't even compete with Jamaica or Ghana, they laugh and mock our power, road and health sectors, the only thing nigerians can boost of his population even when most of them lives in poverty.

If you compare Jamaica with southern Nigeria you'll see that we might be better than them. It is when you join the north to rate Nigeria that countries like Jamaica and Ghana rate far better. Basically all the negative indices about Nigeria reside in the north.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Let me also add that there citizens aren't known for bad things outside their country..

Unlike nigerians that every single country want us out, south Africa, Ghana are complaining of us running their country.

There's even an internet scam named after nigerians.

Actually Jamaicans are rated as being of high criminal tendencies in the US and Britain.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Problemkid1: 7:28pm On May 05, 2020
snitchbitch:
Only me, only me syndrome is what is killing us. Me and my family, me and my family, nothing concerns us about the man next door whether he has eaten or he is hungry. May be he is dead or still alive.

Covid 19: many have died, while many are using the opportunity to steal. Nobody will come from heaven or another country to fix Nigeria for us. We have to fix it for ourselves. God will not do for man what man supposed to do for himself.
God bless you brother for this statement.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Thank you,my mistake,I should have used new York then,since Washington DC is the capital of the States.
So Cotonou is more beautiful than New York,huh?
Oya, Voltron,defend the universe.

That question notnot directed to me right?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Jakumo(m): 7:31pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Let me also add that there citizens aren't known for bad things outside their country..

Unlike nigerians that every single country want us out, south Africa, Ghana are complaining of us running their country.

There's even an internet scam named after nigerians.

You are mistaken about Jamaicans being crime free in nature, when in fact the Jamaicans are the inventors and main practitioners of LOTTERY FRAUD, which generally targets Americans, alerting them to fake lottery wins, that of course require lots of advance pre-payment, for winnings that NEVER materialize.

Check Youtube, to see the mansions built in Jamaica by internet fraudsters, so you can fully grasp the scale of internet fraud perpetrated by our Jamaican brethren in crime.

When it comes to violent street crime, the Jamaican "possie" gangs are in a league of their own, and are heavily armed with weapons ranging from semi-auto handguns, to full-auto M16 assault rifles, which are freely deployed to fight rival gang members, and to confront the embattled police in running gunfights that are a regular occurrence in rough areas where the "Rude Boys" rule the streets.

Anyone makes claims that Jamaicans are less criminally inclined than Nigerians, simply has not paid attention to the facts of the matter.
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Problemkid1: 7:32pm On May 05, 2020
adamx23:

You're comparing the state capital with Lagos? Why don't you compare Cotonou with our very own Abuja?
Have you been to other parts of Benin Republic? most of you self haters are really helpless.
That is ehh. The kind of brainless and ignoramus youths we have in this country are just Hopeless. They're the same people damaging the image of this country with their stupidity. Smh

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Iceberg3: 7:49pm On May 05, 2020
Austine1213:

That question notnot directed to me right?

Of course, you nah, since you are Voltron defender of the universe by putting aside the big picture grin
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Of course, you nah, since you are Voltron defender of the universe by putting aside the big picture grin

I don'tdon't understand
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by babasolution: 8:04pm On May 05, 2020
BigIyanga:

Ignorant folks who have not crossed Seme border ranting as usual. Poorest Parish.. LGA in Jamaica still has running water being provided by their water corporation. There is 24/7 electricity and their emergency services like police, fire and health are working. You can drive from Montego Bay to St Ann to St Clarendon to Kingston without seeing police check points and pot holes on the road. You cannot buy a sim car with TIN (Tax Identification Number) Nigerians have normalized bad living conditions and think that everbdy lives like us. Jamaicans dont know how their water and electrricity are supplied in unlike in Naija where super rich folks in Bourdillon Ikoyi still supply their water and electricity.

MUST WATER BE SUPPLIED BY THE STATE?EVEN ELECTRICITY MUST IT BE SUPPLIED BY THE STATE?
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by juman(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2020
The only countries you can compare nigeria to are yemen, somalia, afghanistan, etc.

Nigeria is utterly destroyed country.

1 Like

Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by ikbnice(m): 8:14pm On May 05, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
what did they say?? Because I've my own stories to tell and it's not good embarassed
It was bad. They even asked for the Saudi prince (a popular scam in Nigeria then)
Re: Jamaica is alot better than nigerian by Richy4(m): 8:27pm On May 05, 2020
Just look at the lamentations going on here.

When it's time to do the right thing by voting the right person/ candidates , some decides to sell their votes for a bag of rice, cheap T-shirts with logo and a face-cap.. knowing very well that that bag of rice won't last for 4 years.

This is just part of wrong decisions that the citizens finds difficult to correct. Next election, the same mistake will still be repeated..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Review All Mining Licenses, Mining Act, NIOMCO / Nigeria Airways! / Obj Vs Ibb: Presidency Unable To Settle Quarrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.