Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,856 members, 7,851,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

"I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) (2196 Views)

Makinde Not Fair To Me, Oyo Deputy Governor, Olaniyan Cries Out / Reno Omokri Shares 1983 Throwback Photo: My Nigerian Accent Opened Doors For Me / Abaribe: Declare December 31 ‘Democracy Destruction Day’ To Mark Your 1983 Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Freeminda: 1:58pm On May 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Gowon and Awolowo were too magnanimous as far as I’m concerned. The insult they receive from the same people they did everything for is as a result of their magnanimity. Henceforth, any part of Nigeria that wages war against the country better win. If not, they will be subjected to unimaginable sufferings after defeat. The days of good guys like Gowon and Awolowo doing no victor no vanquished is over.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 05, 2020
Minorityopinion you opened this account on second of this month just to troll Ndigbo.

Just look at.

You started with "Ndigbo have no Jewish connection"

Now, knowing that they can't take this from an outsider, you boldly posted it here, just to taunt and discredit them.

Whether the are Jewish or not, does it in any way consign you?

From the Jewish connection, you went to Nnamdi Kanu's networth.

After your first article, that you mischievously posted here, to mock Ndigbo, you went ahead to concote fake Nnamdi's networth, so that nairalanders that reason like you will start saying
"Biafra is fraud"
"IPOP is scam"
"this man is deceiving you"

Is not obvious that you are trying to make others hate Ndigbo which in turn will make you feel alright.

From the networth, you moved to the "lies of the policy of 20 pounds"

I am going to, argue with you whether it true or not, what I want to know is why your post is based on things that will discredit them.

Your personal test is: this is the collection of thoughts I have for the three major tribes.

Do tell me is Igbo another name for "the three major tribes"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 8:29pm On May 05, 2020
Igbos were truly Awolowo's problem..

Imagine how patronizing he was sounding....
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Dedetwo(m): 8:35pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

TWENTY POUNDS POLICY

– Excerpts from an interview Awo granted during a town hall meeting in Abeokuta, Ogun State, in 1983
(2012)

Loads of silliness from a confused loudmouth.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by LZAA: 9:02pm On May 05, 2020
And God was fair to you by giving u otapiapia grin
Cc immhotep itooworwor blackking98 iceberg3 Afamed helinues

5 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 9:05pm On May 05, 2020
seunmsg:
Gowon and Awolowo were too magnanimous as far as I’m concerned. The insult they receive from the same people they did everything for is as a result of their magnanimity. Henceforth, any part of Nigeria that wages war against the country better win. If not, they will be subjected to unimaginable sufferings after defeat. The days of good guys like Gowon and Awolowo doing no victor no vanquished is over.
As empty-headed as you are, do you mind telling us what is being done to some captured Boko Haram terrorists at the moment?

No Igboman took Awolowo's cocktail of falsehood and doublespeak seriously.

He was trying to dispel the demons that were assailing him for his ignoble roles, genocide and other crimes against humanity he and Gowon perpetrated against the Igbos during the Civil War.

As Zik was won't to quote: History vindicated the just...

5 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 9:11pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

"when the war was over, I saw to it that the African Continental Bank, ACB, got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given.

I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas."
So we should take uncorroborated assertions made by Awolowo, a staunch enemy of the Igbos as anything worth investing listening time on?

For your information, we know what really happened. Our people spoke and we can't forget...

1 Like

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by omonnakoda: 9:23pm On May 05, 2020
Kingseex1:
According To Late Awolowo He Gave The Southeast Region Almost A Million Pounds Monthly And OfCourse He Did That For Other Region Too. I No Understand This Kind Help, the only help i see here is funding of the ACB with 3.5 million pounds which is commendable
modified
that is £990000 X 30 MONTHS OF CIVIL WAR SAVED AND HANDED OVER WHEN THE WAR ENDED

£29.7 MILLION
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by omonnakoda: 9:24pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
So we should take uncorroborated assertion made by Awolowo, a staunch enemy of the Igbos as anything worth investing listening time on?

For your information, we know what really happened. Our people spoke and we can't forget...

He made that assertion while he was alive.

Produce any evidence of any Ibos that came out to dispute his claim before he died

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 9:32pm On May 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

He made that assertion while he was alive.

Produce any evidence of any Ibos that came out to dispute his claim before he died
So the Igbos had nothing else to do than chase every Iwe Irohim tales by moonlight fable Awolowo was weaving in one corner of Abeokuta to foster the mind control of his people?

Try harder...
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
So we should take uncorroborated assertions made by Awolowo, a staunch enemy of the Igbos as anything worth investing listening time on?

Tell me then where the Biafran got money to start their trade again if not that they weren't helped.

Your money was worhtless
You used all your reserve to buy weapons
Your city devastated

You should be more angry at people that is keeping the truth away from you.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 05, 2020
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by MiniMiniPoPoPo: 9:59pm On May 05, 2020
awolowo the afonjaitus melitus died wretched
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 10:09pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Tell me then where the Biafran got money to start their trade again if not that they weren't helped.

Your money was worhtless
Your city devastated

Good question.

Most Igbomen who ventured outside Igboland after the war started all over again from the scratch.

Take for instance, markets like Alaba International and Trade Fair used to be waste/marshlands before the Igbos built them to the international standards they are today.

Many Igbomen began life as artisans and labourers and even hawkers.

Today, Igbos are derided for hawking goods on major roads, but do you know how many Igbomen have worked/toiled/saved their way to millions from hawking?

There is this Igbo spirit to make lemonade from lemons, it is innate...

His lies that the Igbos wanted to exchange Biafra notes with Nigerian pounds is too ridiculous and laughable to elicit my response...

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by gwafaeziokwu: 10:10pm On May 05, 2020
seunmsg:

Na wa oooo

When you think you had seen it all, a cretin emerges from no where to prove you wrong.

I prophesy in your your life today, may the man who slaughter your entire household including mother ,father ,sisters, brothers,wife and children hand you a juicy appointment with WHO.

May he build mansion for you in Seattle area, and gift you ferrari as official ride.

And may you perpetually never hold his attrocities against him because he was magnanimous in the light of wounding your soul, AMEN!!!!
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
Good question.

Most Igbomen who ventured outside Igboland after the war started all over again from the scratch.

Take for instance, markets like Alaba International and Trade Fair used to be waste/marshlands before the Igbos built them to the international standards they are today.

Many Igbomen began life as artisans and labourers and even hawkers.

Today, Igbos are derided for hawking goods on major roads, but do you know how many Igbomen have worked/toiled/saved their way to millions from hawking?

There is this Igbo spirit to make lemonade from lemons, it is innate...

His lies that the Igbos wanted to exchange Biafra notes with Nigerian pounds is too ridiculous and laughable to elicit my response...

Bullshit. Where did they get the money? If they weren't set up from money Awolowo gave to them.

The started from scratch is a story a child will believe. You were help by Nigerians. You had no money, no capital, nothing! You were given loan, where did the loan come from. Awolowo.

You keep recycling the bullshit story your dubious elders told you.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by gwafaeziokwu: 10:22pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Your money was worhtless
Your city devastated

Is there no adult in your home to collect that new phone daddy bought for you.

You are damaging your brain trying to understand what professors and business experts are amazed at.

Pick up Chike and the river or Guilliver's travel if your text books no longer make sense to you.

Many have travelled this your route in this forum and got burned out when the initial adrenalin had dissipated following frequent orgasms on issues far above their intellect or understanding.

The body count abounds, yours is too light weight to matter.

#mytwocents

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Is there no adult in your home to collect that new phone daddy bought for you.

You are damaging your brain trying to understand what professors and business experts are amazed at.

Pick up Chike and the river or Guilliver's travel if your text books no longer make sense to you.

Many have travelled this your route in this forum and got burned out when the initial adrenalin had dissipated following frequent orgasms on issues far above their intellect or understanding.

The body count abounds, yours is too light weight to matter.

#mytwocents

Your two cents is trash and you should ashamed for dragging family into this.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 10:30pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Bullshit. Where did they get the money? If they weren't set up from money Awolowo gave to them.

The started from scratch is a story a child will believe. You were help by Nigerians. You had no money, no capital, nothing! You were given loan, where did the loan come from. Awolowo.

You keep recycling the bullshit story your dubious elders told you.
You should try and do some thinking dude and not acting like a robot ...

Go to Lafipo and Alaba market and see self-made Igbo millionaires who have never borrowed a farthing from anyone.

Your deluded mind also should explain how some people made millions of dollars/pounds in foreign countries in spite of the fact that they arrived empty-handed.

You really need to come up to speed: I don't enjoy debating with infants...it is deleterious to cognitive well-being...

PostScript: How many millions did Awolowo the loan provider give to his own people before extending same to the Igbos or should we believe thst he loved the Igbos more than his folks...

How Awolowo, the grand father and patron of tribalism in Nigeria would initiate a gesture to help the Igbos, the people who kept him awake at night, is as incredulous as it is ludicrous...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
You should try and do some thinking dude and not acting like a robot ...

Go to Lafipo and Alaba market and see self-made Igbo millionaires who have never borrowed a farthing from anyone.

Your deluded mind also should explain how some people made millions of dollars/pounds in foreign countries in spite of the fact that they arrived empty-handed.

You really need to come up to speed: I don't enjoy debating with infants...it is deleterious to cognitive well-being...

Lmao at the bolded. You're the infant here. Who arrive empty handed to foreign counties with no capital? Are you for real? You're a liar

Unless you are going there to commit crime. Are you a criminal?
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by ificatchmodeh: 10:39pm On May 05, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Prove wrong a Quote written by a yoruba man around 2012.

If you can't answer the questions i asked then am done with you.

Next time bro.. if you see Yoruba revisionist threads..
just read and go...

Everybody knows Yoruba... and there way.
The north call them Bayerebe..

Check the meaning..

Nothing to worry about them... they’re only scared and insecure about you as an Igbo man.

Insecurities made them hate you as Igbo..

It reflect in their everyday life,style , culture..

2023 is almost here.. they understand the fact that they don’t have allies .. and the north has become so hostile both in government and outside government, the south south disappointed them during last election after bragging of getting 7/8 million of 11 million voters and at least two state .. from each region of east/ south .. being so sure of south.
The disappointment silence them after election
And “ we the south south” crew disappeared.

Observer Yoruba propagating patten

The always start with IPOB ... then move to Biafra.. then Nigeria civil war... and Igbo criminal minds.. every tribe has theirs..

This propaganda is to demarket igbos to Nigerians.. and present themselves as better options
That’s their strategy.. before any elections, then after elections..
If they win.. all propaganda against igbos or anything igbos will seize.... till we start approaching next election

If you stay out of the thread without comments .. thread dies naturally after masturbating with no igbo replying

Observe how they avoid thread that relates to anything Yoruba .

Hausa no call Yoruba Bayerebe for nothing

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by gwafaeziokwu: 10:41pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Your two cents is trash and you should ashamed for dragging family into this.

Glad you have realised that you are disgracing the people who invested time and energy to raise you.

I am sure they taught you respect for human dignity, and not to make light through mockery a human tragedy such as Biafra, but peer influence made you forget.

It's not too late to retrace your steps. Honour their efforts and quit dancing naked in public.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 10:50pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Lmao at the bolded. You're the infant here. Who arrive empty handed to foreign counties with no capital? Are you for real? You're a liar

Unless you are going there to commit crime. Are you a criminal?
You should be paying me for giving some solid schooling that you never got despite wasting rresources in some faceless institution...

I know a number of naija guys who are doing well for themselves all over the world.

They arrive their host countries empty-handed. Some were homeless for months.

Something came up in my sec school alumni recently...One of the most bouyant guys among us is actual an auto mechanic in Spain.

The guy is not doing drugs. He buys used and accidented cars, fixes them and resale at a massive profit.

Get you lazy behind to think and stop being a leech who believes that he needs government intervention to even sneeze.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
You should be paying me for giving some solid schooling that you never got despite wasting rresources in some faceless institution...

I know a number of naija guys who are doing well for themselves all over the world.

They arrive their host countries empty-handed. Some were homeless for months.

Something came up in my sec school alumni recently...One of the most bouyant guys among us is actual an auto mechanic in Spain.

The guy is not doing drugs. He buys used and accidented cars, fixes them and resale at a massive profit.

Get you lazy behind to think and stop being a leech who believes that he needs government intervention to even sneeze.

I'm not here for some moonlight story from aba. You yourself said someone is helping.

Don't quote me again.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Glad you have realised that you are disgracing the people who invested time and energy to raise you.

I am sure they taught you about respect for human dignity, and not to make light through mockery a human tragedy such as Biafra, but peer influence made you forget.

It's not too late to retrace your steps. Honour their efforts and quit dancing naked in public.

Thank you for the wisdom.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by gwafaeziokwu: 10:55pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Thank you for the wisdom.

More like it. Good boy.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by maestroferddi: 10:57pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

I'm not here for some moonlight story from aba. You yourself said someone is helping.

Don't quote me again.
Next time exercise requisite circumspection before coming to make a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:
Next time exercise requisite circumspection before coming to make a fool of yourself.

TRASH
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by gwafaeziokwu: 11:00pm On May 05, 2020
maestroferddi:

Pity him. He has learnt his lesson.
Re: "I Was Fair To The Igbos" - Awolowo (1983 Interview) by Kyase(m): 1:05am On May 06, 2020
igbos and yorubas at it again grin
uptil this day i no know wetin yorubas do igbos and vise versa...
una never talk wetin dey do una....

ps:make person no tell me say na because of biafra war ooo, because i no see anything there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo 2020 Shocker: I Won't Campaign For EFCC Customers ~ El-Rufai / Why I Dumped APC RIVERS– Chidi Lloyd / Yoruba Women Scold Nnamdi Kanu, Back Police Order To Arrest Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.