Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff (59132 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by coldFLARES1(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2020
Leo3333:

The bolded portion is one of the most ridiculous phrases I've ever read!

There's no point engaging you any further.

By the way, the fact that Buhari, a one-time Petroleum Commissioner, a one-time Military Administrator, a former Head of States, a former PTF Chairman and a 2-term President, who has all his life been earning fat salaries has not been able to legitimately set aside enough resources from his earnings to establish a single business speaks volume of his intellectual deficiency. He definitely cannot survive outside government circles.

Little wonder he superintends over the most direction-less government ever in the history of Nigeria!

Give me ten years, and I would not have articulated my position, which is exact as yours, in the manner you did.

Just negodu! Even cows wey dey procreate from eating only grass and cassava peels no fit multiply for Buhari farms. Same number over two decades.

It saddens that some misguided people easily cannot respect that Atiku's businesses, which are separate legal entity has taken hard decisions to ensure they still float in these challenging times.

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by madan(f): 4:32pm On May 05, 2020
Uhmmmm, AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA......
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Leo3333: 4:41pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:

You are a supporter of looters who pushed Nigeria down on its knees. But I have a news for you: Nigeria will bounce back again.

I'd rather support looters who employ thousands of Nigerians than a holier-than-forming criminal hoodwinking his gullible followers with his phantom integrity.

There's no clean politician anywhere in the world.
Politics and integrity don't go together. Wake up!

Modified:

Amen though to your prayer.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by gaskiyamagana: 4:43pm On May 05, 2020
Righteousness89:
its Unfortunate but u can't really blame dem!

But I think reduction of salary would have been better than Sacking!

Anyway he is the one that knows where it pinches!
Reality is dat dey will not agree with salary cut.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by baysol: 4:43pm On May 05, 2020
fergie006:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/05/exclusive-nigerias-ex-vice-president-atikus-university-sacks-over-400-staff
This is a man who cannot run a company successfully but want to rule a whole nation with the help of compromised biafrans who are confused and incompetent like him.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by gretblue: 4:47pm On May 05, 2020
GamalNasser:

Tinubu still has access to free cash , remove his free cash and Tinubu can even run a primary schools successfully..... Buhari is 100 percent to blame for any job loss Atikus businesses are facing at the moment , Buhari messed up insecurity in the North east and the entire Economy so much that people can't even afford that University again and those who can afford will not risk sending their wards to Boko haram land ...the school was being subsidized by legitimate proceeds from Intel's before Buhari messed intels up because of dirty politics
Even if it means mortgaging your soul to support Atiku, You will not mind
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by GamalNasser: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
gretblue:

Even if it means mortgaging your soul to support Atiku, You will not mind

Is it's your useless Buhari I will support before ? Never
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Leo3333: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
Golan007:

Why should he set up business?

There is such a thing as a career administrator and should actually be encouraged.

Only in this part of the world we expect civil servants to also be businessmen. Of course, they cannot serve God and Mammon at the same time.

Bro, there's no compulsion in establishing businesses.
My problem is with the fake toga of poverty Buhari adorns to deceive gullible Nigerians. It's insulting!

Imagine even telling his zombies in 2015 he could not afford the cost of his party's Nomination Form.
The man is just a looter like every other leader Nigeria has been cursed with since independence.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by gretblue: 4:52pm On May 05, 2020
GamalNasser:

Is it's your useless Buhari I will support before ? Never
Your 5% support is inconsequential to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Golan007: 4:52pm On May 05, 2020
Leo3333:

Bro, there's no compulsion in establishing businesses.
My problem is with the fake toga of poverty Buhari adorns to deceive gullible Nigerians. It's insulting!

Imagine even telling his zombies in 2015 he could not afford the cost of his party's Nomination Form.
The man is just a looter like every other leader Nigeria has been cursed with since independence.

You haven't said anything.

Buhari may not have had the physical cash to purchase his party's form in 2015. It is entirely possible.

That doesn't make him a poor man neither does it make him deceptive.

Why this is difficult for people to believe is rather a shame to the nation rather than Buhari himself.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 05, 2020
Peterobi90:

Osinbajo resides in VGC, he still lost in it... its beyond partisan, it more on direction and progress if the employers could see it, how come the employees didn't.. now we are complaining when jobs are lost and blaming the same people who voted an alternative.

You are so ignorant of PDP's demograph, caliphates, and associates in those affluent areas. The wide conduit pipe from Abuja to the affluent areas that made the beneficiaries and allies to float on false economy was cut off, hence the falls. Likewise in all sectors, firms, and angles of the nation. Floating on a false economy due to massive circulation of glaring corrupt proceeds is the pace of PDP's reign, its like placing the nation on a deceptive looking relaxing chair without legs, hence the falls when the storms hit. Too many secret links between Lekki/VGC/VI/affluent areas and Abuja. I know as e dey go hot hot.

Ex-looters are not broke because of lockdown hits but looting straws cut off..

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Sardauna24(m): 5:02pm On May 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Sardauna24, you blockhead..... You got no clue about happenings in the real world.......

Keep burying that dead head of yours in the sand, like a bloody peacock..... Exposing your smelly ass.......
Continue exposing ur high level of illetracy to d world,that old mad cargo prostitute wey don born u have loses it all and that old rapist old baboon i.e ur papa has also lost for giving birth to a dullard nd slowpoke to this world,instead of you to wish others goodluck nd fortune but you're here with smelling ass busy hoping that ur fellow should loose their job,this is wickedness at its peak.as i said earlier losing ur own job is sure.you must be unemployed in d name of whatever u believe in.ass licker.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by ArchAngelos999: 5:02pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
Atiku means Jobs!
Nigeria dodged a bullet. cool
not a fan of atiku but this comment is dumb
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by GamalNasser: 5:02pm On May 05, 2020
gretblue:

Your 5% support is inconsequential to him

Is that why he rigged and robbed the 2019 election like the shameless crook he is
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Charly68: 5:03pm On May 05, 2020
Atiku Baba ,has no sympathy for anybody, business na business
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by emkz: 5:05pm On May 05, 2020
seanjy4konji:
please help me with that WhatsApp web.on which phone would I scan her web address?

Sorry, you posed the question on the wrong thread.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by festacman(m): 5:05pm On May 05, 2020
ArchAngelos999:

not a fan of atiku but this comment is dumb

not a fan of atiku and this comment is spot-on
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 05, 2020
senatordave1:

Tinubu will always be better than atiku
Between a devil and a devil choose one.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nairaboi(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2020
manuelreports:
I always say it that Atiku is not even the right choice of a president
He don't have what it takes to lead this nation to prosperity. Most of these investments are financed through corrupt money looted from different angles. Now it is clear those areas will be blocked and that leads to sacking. A company which have a laid them framework of profiteering will not be in a haste to sack its workers due to the effect of this pandemic.
No money is coming in and salaries are being paid to these staff. Its not even a government establishment to start with. These Job losses is not limited to Nigeria. So chill!
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by CodeTemplar: 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
georgeiyke009:
And how many people have actually run a business.

When I listen to most of you talk, I wonder whether you guys are even educated on how companies run.

Companies are separate entities. The have their own management staff, generate own revenues and pay.

They also can have different or same board of directors and chairman.

Most will be incorporated as PLCs or LTD.

No sane person borrows money from a different business to fund another business that is failing even though they belong to the same person.

How exactly will you report it? As what? They can only borrow money from the bank or finance houses but what will the terms be and how can will they keep borrowing to fund staff salaries? Schools are closed for now. If the school has pivoted to online classes which I am sure they would have, the only component of their fees they will be paying will only be tuition. So all other administrative roles will be moved online.

Pray tell me, why would you keep paying someone whose job has been made redundant. In fact worse borrow money from a bank or anywhere to pay people whose jobs are redundant?

U guys expect him to use his personal money to pay salaries of a business that is not making money ? Why not simply shut it down? That is also an option.

For those who do not know, schools are very highly leveraged. The financial projection only makes sense if academic sessions are not disrupted. this is what ensures cash-flow, i.e positive cash-flow. Once schools are not in session, they will go cash-flow negative instantly as the profit generated from the school would at the highest be 50% ( and this being highly generous). Some parts of the 50% would have gone into capital expenditure as a reinvestment back into the school so they might just have about 30%.

How exactly will they run the school with 30% of the original revenue?

@seun : I think you need to start making sure that professionals comment on threads like this. When people who are not knowledgeable about how business works comment on threads like this, it makes a joke of this website. compare some of the responses you get here to responses gotten on for e.g. the same type of question from Quora. totally different.

Thank you so much.
In a case where classes have moved online, why should a hostel cleaner or janitor be kept on payroll? Same goes for other non-academic staff whose jobs have been affected by the lockdown order.

Even FG is beginning to pick the so called Oransaye committee/panel report that recommended merger of MDAs. The FG too wants to disengage redundant hands they have hitherto protected. That's a far cry and change in direction from the hold philosophy of " sharing the cake" that lead to N-Power and the likes.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Adegunle4(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
Eeyh...it’s unfortunate. I was at the University sometime last year for a project brief. The school was planning on construction some new hostels with a view of taking in more students. I guess that’s just a ripple effect from the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On May 05, 2020
Adegunle4:
Eeyh...it’s unfortunate. I was at the University sometime last year for a project brief. The school was planning on construction some new hostels with a view of taking in more students. I guess that’s just a ripple effect from the pandemic.

In a case where classes have moved online, why should a hostel cleaner or janitor be kept on payroll? Same goes for other non-academic staff whose jobs have been affected by the lockdown order.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 05, 2020
Another capitalist without heart. Good that he did not become our president even though buhari is worse he will go and never come back. That is the only good thing about this second tenure. Another problem with capitalism. It is so easy to be laid off work, before you get a job you feel sad and frustrated then when you get it you feel frustrated with the fear of losing it.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by nedekid: 5:22pm On May 05, 2020
festacman:
Atiku means Jobs!

Nigeria dodged a bullet. cool
Do you expect any sane person to keep workers and be paying salaries when no business is happening? Do you understand the concept of business? That you must sell and make gain for it to be sustainable? This is what is killing Nigeria. You want a politician that will run a charitable organisation and not a country. That will create an airline and employ 5000 people whereas all the airline needs to be sustainable is 250 workers.
You blame atiku saying "Atiku means job loss"
Oga the laugh is on you. It shows you have no experience in running simple mai tea how much more a business.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by oyatz(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2020
Manufacturing and Agriculture have long term gestational period before reaching returns on investment. Only true entrepreneurs with passion for them can break through in these areas.

Most wealthy Nigerians become wealthy through Government patronage or more appropriately through corruption.
Those that invest their shares of the loot invest in businesses that will yield almost instant profits and will not require serious expertise to run e g Hotel and Petrol Stations businesses.

wink2015:
NIGERIA BUSINESSMEN SHOULD INVEST MORE ON MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES AND AGRICULTURE.

The whole country is saturated with schools, petrol station and hotels which are not adding sustainable value to the economy of Nigeria and its citizens.

For the schools where are the parents that can even have the funds to afford to send their ward to those universities.

Nigeria businessmen should copy Dangote, Innoson and the rest of the entrepreneur who are into manufacturing.

IN DELTA STATE FOR EXAMPLE, there are hardly manufacturing industries.

What you can find in Asaba, Warri, Effurun, Sapele etc are HOTELS, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, AND FILLING STATIONS.

NO AGRO ALLIED INDUSTRIES.

The Igbos are the only people that mainly invest in manufacturing industries.

Just look at the way Captain Hosa Okunbor the owner of Wells Carlton Hotel Abuja and the Ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar are laying off staff just because of the side effect of Coronavirus.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY AND ALSO ENCOURAGE PRIVATE COMPANY TO DO LIKEWISE.

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by festacman(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2020
nedekid:

Do you expect any sane person to keep workers and be paying salaries when no business is happening? Do you understand the concept of business? That you must sell and make gain for it to be sustainable? This is what is killing Nigeria. You want a politician that will run a charitable organisation and not a country. That will create an airline and employ 5000 people whereas all the airline needs to be sustainable is 250 workers.
You blame atiku saying "Atiku means job loss"
Oga the laugh is on you. It shows you have no experience in running simple mai tea how much more a business.

Dude, any well-run business owned by a non-exploitative capitalist is supposed to have at every point in time a reserve to continue to function as a going concern for at least 3 months in case of emergency or act of God. Since in this case, the future is not assured as per when things will fully pick up, a salary slash or stripping-off of certain allowances for three months is ideal before any drastic measures. Loyal staff who gave their best to the company deserves better treatment as they were not prepared for what happened and it is not their doing.

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Peterobi90: 5:44pm On May 05, 2020
Wolgrace:

You are so ignorant of PDP's demograph, caliphates, and associates in those affluent areas. The wide conduit pipe from Abuja to the affluent areas that made the beneficiaries and allies to float on false economy is cut off, hence the falls. Likewise in all sectors, firms, and angles of the nation. Floating on a false economy due to massive circulation of glaring corrupt proceeds is the pace of PDP's reign, its like placing the nation on a deceptive looking relaxing chair without legs, hence the falls when the storms hit. Too many secret links between Lekki/VGC/VI/affluent areas and Abuja. I know as e dey go hot hot.

Ex-looters are not broke because of lockdown hits but looting straws cut off..

So what is growing now?.. because the loot is still ongoing.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by writeprof(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2020
It is not a piece of good news at this time. Sadly, we can only pity them as NOBODY can help them. But is it not too early to sack people especially by ATIKU who we thought MAY salvage the economy?
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by uchrikk(m): 6:02pm On May 05, 2020
Maxymilliano:
He's running a business, not charity organization.

No pretense, he has to take wise decision before the business will run aground. Even governments across are battling to remain afloat amidst dwindling fortunes.

To sack people at this C19 period without severance benefits is pure wickedness. Those people have families. Nobody says it is not a business but he should have been more considerate. He should have cut their salaries instead and gradually disengage them after C19. Governments across the world are borrowing money to help their citizens at this time, not sack them and make them vulnerable.

This notwithstanding, Atiku will still share US dollars when it is election time again.
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by frog12: 6:11pm On May 05, 2020
bingo

WaffenSS:
Wait, im confused:

However, Vice President, University Relations of the institution, Abubakar Abba Tahir, denied the allegation.

He said, "Ask them to show you their disengagement letters.

The same man then said:

"It would not be realistic for AUN to continue to anchor its administrative structure on an over-bloated personnel whose role do not have significant effect on the philosophy of a development university.

"Thus, consequent upon the university’s new Governing Council vote to restructure the institution in line with its agenda for sustainability, a process of workforce rationalisation had been in the pipeline..."

Did he just speak with both sides of his mouth?

1 Like

Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 05, 2020
Peterobi90:

So what is growing now?.. because the loot is still ongoing.

Good point... Not growing well today because the present inherited and is a victim of the decayed system because the nation was plunged deeply into recession before taking over. And the corruption that knows no tribe, ethnicity, religion, and race is highly embedded in Nigeria, therefore the looting spree continues. Looting spree is a family, friends, and rich people's affairs which is beyond party or candidate you clamour for.

Palmerworm chop belleful, then e commot. Locust come take over, chop belleful, then e comot. Cankerworm come enter chop him own belleful, then e comot. Caterpiller come enter with full force chop belleful, then e comot. Goats, dogs, tiger, plenty beasts still dey queue to chop. Las las, na the masses go suffer am.

"BEASTS" OF FALSE NATION NIGERIA.~ Fela Kuti
Re: American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 05, 2020
GOGMIG:
Ask them to show their sack letters, I'll confirm this news because I live close to the University campus.

Doubting Thomas. Was it or the same Atiku that confirmed the sack of staffs in Gotel. Why are doubting the sack of American University staff?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.