Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! (17888 Views)

Onitsha Had Fallen, IPOB Thanks For Putting Up A Good Fight, History Repeated / Bukola Saraki And Osinbajo Laugh Hard At Body Of Benchers Event In Abuja. Photos / 'I Never Knew A White Person Can Lie So Perfectly' Nnamdi Kanu (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 9:47am On May 06, 2020
nextdoor84:

For your mind now you don yarn sense. Let me tell you this, face your useless SW and leave the easterners alone. I keep telling people the SW would have looked worse than Benin Republic and Togo if not for Nigeria, and mind you both countries have got seaports and your so called international boundaries. You keep measuring dicks with people wey no send una sef. Na wa oo.
Osu and goal changing is like 5&6 cheesy

This is how they sound when their lies have been bursted grin

Oya Osu cry me a river grin

17 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Throwback: 9:50am On May 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

why cant you stop being an hypocrite and first preach to the transgressor who brought Yoruba into his childish write up, or the other Biafra comments claiming innocent hard working Yoruba who is bothered about its own economic survival are sabotaging Biafra... should we keep quite why fools keep maligning us and alleging us over what an average Yoruba doesn't even care about? should our kids grow up to see this kind of narratives on the internet and we not countering it , doesn't it mean we accept such fallacy

You are reasoning like a true Yoruba nationalist.

If we don't challenge their false narratives now, they will revise history while we sleep on being politically correct and being moderates who are too Omoluabi to follow them into the gutter.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 10:03am On May 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

At the mercy of Nigeria? Not really. Try to read section 125(1) of UNCLOS(United Nations Convention On Laws Of Th Sea) which is international law that Nigeria is a signatory to~

Article 125
Right of access to and from the sea and freedom of transit
1. Land-locked States shall have the right of access to and from the sea
for the purpose of exercising the rights provided for in this Convention
including those relating to the freedom of the high seas and the common
heritage of mankind. To this end, land-locked States shall enjoy freedom of
transit through the territory of transit States by all means of transport.

In the event that the SE becomes an independent country, Nigeria is dutybound under international law to give the SE full access to sea.

The same law stated that there must be agreement between the landlock state and the transit state.

Read more: http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Throwback: 10:05am On May 06, 2020
Balogunodua:

The same law stated that there must be agreement between the landlock state and the transit state.

That is why I have already factually informed them that Biafra landlocked inside Nigeria, will be at the mercy of Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Biafrarep(m): 10:05am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:
[s]That you do not even understand what it means to be landlocked within the present Nigerian boundary, shows you are an illiterate that needs to be educated.

Is there any Igbo state or Igbo town that borders any neighboring country, thereby part of Nigeria's international boundary? No!

Is there any Igbo state or village that is bound by the sea, thereby exiting as an international delineation? No!

You say your villages exit to a River. Will you sail from that river and continue into Non Igbo territory because the river exits into the sea? What stops the Nupe, Berom, and Igala from sailing the same river from further upland and trying to pass through Biafra and eventually into Non-Igbo territory so as to access the same sea?

You are landlocked because by the time your miniature 5states were to secede from Nigeria, without the alliance of the Ikwere or other non-Igbo tribes that have access to the sea, you will be totally locked within Nigeria just like Lesotho is locked within South Africa.

Look at the map below, and see how trapped you are. I know it feels choking.

Simply put, you will be at the mercy of Nigeria[/s].

You posted two maps yet you couldn't decipher the difference between them. Yes, Lesotho is obviously landlocked as it is completely surrounded by South Africa but can't you see from the map that Igboland has direct access to the sea and only islands exist South of P.H? If Igboland based on the map you posted should be a country, then it will not need any permission from Nigeria be it in terms of airspace or maritime.

Lastly, if you believe that Igbos will leave and others, especially in the SS would want to continue staying with Nigeria, then it shows how shortsighted and naive you are.

FYI, once Igbos leave, the Akwa-Cross will ride on the momentum to either form their own republic or join Biafra, same with Ijaw and others.

There is what is called the Cascade effect but I guess you don't know that.

You have one million and one reasons why Igbos will suffer once they leave Nigeria yet you become scared each time their separatist movement gains momentum. Why are you so concerned about them even when you've shown how much you hate them. If truly you believe in all these lies you guys keep regurgitating, then you would have hastened their departure so they can go and self destruct but you keep threatening and sabotaging their efforts to leave your hopeless country.

WHO IS DECIEVING WHO!?

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by gidgiddy: 10:07am On May 06, 2020
Balogunodua:

Yes. The aim of quoting that law is to dispel this idea that if the SE becomes independent, Nigeria has every right to bottle up the new country. Nigeria is dutybound to give the new country access to the sea, subject to agreement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by rummmy: 10:08am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:
That you do not even understand what it means to be landlocked within the present Nigerian boundary, shows you are an illiterate that needs to be educated.

Is there any Igbo state or Igbo town that borders any neighboring country, thereby part of Nigeria's international boundary? No!

Is there any Igbo state or village that is bound by the sea, thereby exiting as an international delineation? No!

You say your villages exit to a River. Will you sail from that river and continue into Non Igbo territory because the river exits into the sea? What stops the Nupe, Berom, and Igala from sailing the same river from further upland and trying to pass through Biafra and eventually into Non-Igbo territory so as to access the same sea?

You are landlocked because by the time your miniature 5states were to secede from Nigeria, without the alliance of the Ikwere or other non-Igbo tribes that have access to the sea, you will be totally locked within Nigeria just like Lesotho is locked within South Africa.

Look at the map below, and see how trapped you are. I know it feels choking.

Simply put, you will be at the mercy of Nigeria.
North is Landlocked of growth and prosperity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by traihit: 10:09am On May 06, 2020
Do you know why I enjoy browsing Yoruba vs Igbo threads? It's because these two tribes have a lot in common than every other tribe in Nigeria and I've also learnt that when you have a lot of things in common with someone, you compete with them. Just don't let this metamorphose into something physical.

4 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by rummmy: 10:15am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:
See Lesotho below.

With all the multiple water bodies running through Lesotho, it is still trapped within South Africa, so it is landlocked within South Africa.

You now see why you are a parasite to the SouthSouth and why you need them so badly?

It's not just about oil. You need them to break along with you so you share their access to the sea and to international border with Cameroon. Or you need them to break out on their own, so that you would share a border with them, and not be trapped within Nigeria.

I hope your ignorance has been cured.

You can now open another topic to cry some more, and blame Yorubas for your unenviable location in Nigeria.
i can not see the multiple water bodies in Lesotho.... Now take a very close look at Aba, can you see the channel and tributaries that lead to the sea..... You can not stop south east from having access from the sea.... Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Bbbwings: 10:16am On May 06, 2020
PVision2020:
Most of the Ipob miscreants on NL are stark illiterates tossed to and fro by their emotions and inherent hatred for others. Imagine a man being held and consoled by his wife with his children crying "Sorry Daddy" because of one village river in Onitsha...

7 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by rummmy: 10:20am On May 06, 2020
PVision2020:
Most of the Ipob miscreants on NL are stark illiterates tossed to and fro by their emotions and inherent hatred for others. Imagine a man being held and consoled by his wife with his children crying "Sorry Daddy" because of one village river in Onitsha...
Devilish amotekun are more illiterates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 10:21am On May 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

Yes. The aim of quoting that law is to dispel this idea that if the SE becomes independent, Nigeria has every right to bottle up the new country. Nigeria is dutybound to give the new country access to the sea, subject to agreement.
Oga they can't be force to give acess to sea when they are not in good terms.

6 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:23am On May 06, 2020
DesChyko:

All of Nigeria's current leaders are criminal minded. So it's presenting Biafrans with a new environment to deal with an old problem.

Everyone should be prepared to carry themselves along. What they should implement is a decentralized system of governance. And if you're talking about the tribal differences, it's everywhere. In Lagos for example, the Aworis see and pronounce themselves different from a number of others, despite all being Yorubas.

Many, not majority. And what do you mean 'sent' out of Nigerian territory? The highest thing that can happen is them being asked to process themselves as immigrant. And those who can't, will go back to Biafra to be resourceful as is the norm. As for palliatives, everyone needs palliatives.
I repeat again I support the secession of Biafra but they should stop blackmailing and forcing other ethnic groups to join them
a. Obi,oju in idomaland
b. ITU in akwa ibom
c.Abi in cross river
d.Ikwerre in rivers
e.Anioma in delta state
etc

Define blackmail in this instance. The borders of Biafra are very clear since inception of the idea. It is now left for the inhabitants to decide if they want to be part of this Nigeria or part of this Biafra.
At the bolded, you can't determine for Nigeria what it intends to do to strangers on its soil. Thru can give an expulsion order to all Igbos within their territory, you can't be in a position to say No afterall it's their country not yours.

9 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by gidgiddy: 10:23am On May 06, 2020
Balogunodua:

But they cant deny access to the Sea either

2 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Bbbwings: 10:28am On May 06, 2020
Cherez:

You ended up sounding more uneducated
There are 49 landlocked countries in the world and are covered by the international land order & waterways rule. Even lands for citizens cannot be landlocked as there is a rule of "make way" no matter where your individual land is located.
Be careful what you wish for.
When a small country Eritrea seceded from Ethiopia a bigger country in 1993 and lost access to their coastline, they suffered a lot.
They are trying to reconcile now though

https://harvardpolitics.com/columns-old/an-emerging-and-troubled-power-overcoming-ethiopias-landlocked-geography/

With over 100 million people, Ethiopia is easily the most populous landlocked country on earth. When Eritrea seceded in 1993, Ethiopia lost access to its coastline, impeding its economic growth and limiting the nation’s ambitions of becoming a regional hegemon. No coastline meant no direct access to ports, hindering Ethiopia’s efforts to achieve middle-income status via export-oriented industrialization. Furthermore, strained relations between Addis Ababa and Asmara have forced Ethiopia to rely on neighboring Djibouti for most of its trade. In fact, 95% of Ethiopia’s imports and exports pass through this country of less than one million. Ethiopians are increasingly recognizing the danger of dependence on their small neighbor, especially after Djibouti temporarily refused to release cargo bound for Ethiopia because of delays in payment transfers in 2013.
https://harvardpolitics.com/columns-old/an-emerging-and-troubled-power-overcoming-ethiopias-landlocked-geography/

11 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Throwback: 10:30am On May 06, 2020
rummmy:
i can not see the multiple water bodies in Lesotho.... Now take a very close look at Aba, can you see the channel and tributaries that lead to the sea..... You can not stop south east from having access from the sea.... Thanks.

The blue lines are for the water bodies.

Besides everyone knows River Orange runs through Lesotho. Many other rivers and tributaries of rivers run through the landlocked country.

You can use the Niger river tributaries leading to the sea, just as the Nupe or Igala can despite being further upland from the shores of Nigeria.

However, you are at the mercy of the Non-Igbo tribes or Nigerian territory who are below you and who will dictate the political and economic terms by which you will be allowed exit into the sea or entry from the sea.

20 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Bbbwings: 10:31am On May 06, 2020
Balogunodua:

These guys are still not wise.
How did Nigeria win the civil war?

13 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Bbbwings: 10:34am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:

Besides everyone knows River Orange runs through Lesotho. Many other rivers and tributaries of rivers run through the landlocked country.

You can use the Niger river tributaries leading to the sea, just as the Nupe or Igala can despite being further upland from the shores of Nigeria.

However, you are at the mercy of the Non-Igbo tribes or Nigerian territory who are below you and who will dictate the political and economic terms by which you will be allowed exit into the sea or entry from the sea.
These guys never learn
Even Ethiopia was at the mercy of small countries Djibouti and Eritrea. They are begging them so they can have access to the sea for their exports.
They don't know how important it is to have access to the sea.

17 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:

That is why I have already factually informed them that Biafra landlocked inside Nigeria, will be at the mercy of Nigeria.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by AmericanQuarter: 10:38am On May 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 10:39am On May 06, 2020
Bbbwings:
These guys are still not wise. How did Nigeria win the civil war?
Just leave them, they will learn the hardway.

5 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Goke7: 10:39am On May 06, 2020
Igbos keep showing how ignorant they are [wonder what they are taught in schools] there are countries with very large bodies of water with no direct access to the sea like mali, Niger with the same river niger at onitsha.

The igbos should please stop this shame of ignorance of not knowing what landlocked means, being landlocked is not a disadvantage at all, its just simple geography. The Nile river is more important for Egypt than its coastline. The SE has enough water bodies that can be of huge economical benefits if they know how to use it. They don't have to claim what they are not

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Gabkosh: 10:41am On May 06, 2020
horsepower102:

You are very ignorant of international laws. Continue singing the land locked song. You got your likes and you feel good about it but you are still wrong on the nonsense you wrote.
Lol, who is the ignorant one here if not you and your likes. Which likes are you talking about. He schooled all of you. Isn't it funny that you people are displaying your illiteracy, and that you don't know what land locked Means

15 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Kinematics: 10:41am On May 06, 2020
This one does not know the definition of a landlocked country. So having a river means you are not landlocked?

Op, I spit on your ignorance!

17 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Balogunodua(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

But they cant deny access to the Sea either
What are you saying

If Nigeria consider Biafra an enemy and deny them acess to sea there is not the indernational body can do about it.

11 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by oyatz(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2020
Please give examples of such cities in the North that are '100% funded federally'

This level of 'delusion of persecution' displayed by some badly educated youths from a certain region of Nigeria is nauseating.
naijaking1:
A comparable city in the north will be 100% federally funded and developed, in the south west it will be 90% federally funded, but in the south east like Onitsha, it's less than 5% federally funded. Yes, 5%, and proud!!!!!

10 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by DesChyko: 10:44am On May 06, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

At the bolded, you can't determine for Nigeria what it intends to do to strangers on its soil. Thru can give an expulsion order to all Igbos within their territory, you can't be in a position to say No afterall it's their country not yours.

Looooool.
You must assume we're still in the age where we're running about in animal skins.
Nigerian government oppressing her citizens is a different ball game from the Nigerian government oppressing citizens of other 'nations' in her country. Be guided.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Kinematics: 10:48am On May 06, 2020
Throwback:

Help me school the clowns..

7 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by DesChyko: 10:49am On May 06, 2020
SIONKPO1:

I love your sincerity
*On the issue of immigration Nigeria might now make its CERPAC very expensive and strict to igbos

Of course. That's the way to get rid of those foreigners who are not contributing significantly to their economy.
Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by Throwback: 10:50am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Help me school the clowns..

They need it since the Igbos have been miseducated by radio Biafra.

9 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by SpaceTour: 10:51am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:
This one does not know the definition of a landlocked country. So having a river means you are not landlocked?

Op, I spit at your ignorance!

Wene how e go be today nah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! by jumper524(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2020
rennon:

Same person as Ronald1 and other poster above. He uses his over 10 accounts to like his posts. 10 likes in 2 mins? LOL. Afonjas, it's over for you people!
is like the account is up to 80 now..

Your eye go soon clear when we pursue una from North..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obaseki: I Will Not Accept Any Opposition In Edo PDP / 2023: Tinubu Most Sellable Candidate- Ribadu / Reps’ Minority Leadership: Atiku, Wike In Fresh War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.