Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery (47803 Views)

Bricklayer Arrested For Raping His 13-Year-Old Neighbour’s Daughter / Bricklayer Kills Lover For Rituals In Ogun State(Photos / 45-Year-Old Bricklayer Sodomises 11-Year-Old Boy, Gives Him N20 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by SKYQUEST(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2020
Worst atrocities than this case has happened and still happens because there is no system in place that will punish this kind of police officers; if my dear President or Lagos state governor reads this story, they will probably just wave it off as the usual thing; business as usual. But if I were in that position, every officer in that police station and every Nigerian who has a hand in this national embarrassment, will not only get sacked and loose all his entitlements, I will make sure they all go to very long prison according to the dictates of the law. But who I'm I, and this is Nigeria where nothing really work while they are busy fighting corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Timieric: 9:56pm On May 06, 2020
The legal advice was sent to the police, but it was not forwarded to the magistrates’ court. Hence, a dysfunctional criminal legal system kept an innocent man in jail for six years..........This Is a blatant lie from the DPP and the Lagos State ministy of Justice..As a legal practitioner of long years in service, once a legal advice in a criminal matter is issued from the office of the DPP, the next step is for such advise to be issued on the police commissioner and a copy is forwarded the the Court.i.e Magistrate court.and having received by the magistrate, it would be read in the open court to the hearing of the defendant i.e the accused person to the effect that he is either having a case to answer or not...it's never the duty of the police to forward it to the court but the duty of the dispatcher from the ministry of Justice ,Lagos state.same is applicable to all states in Nigeria...the negligence and laxity emanated from the ministry of Justice and not the department of police..Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by astonished: 10:07pm On May 06, 2020
mank1234:

Disintegration is never a solution.
Justice is the solution.

If the police officer is sacked for negligence/dereliction of duty, and the young man compensated financially, justice would have been served. When Justice rules people take correction. Other police officers would learn to do the right thing if they know that they would be punished for not doing the right thing.

The experience of that young man is happening all over the country.

take it or leave it, the only solution for this country is disintegration. I have known this for long, only if God can open your eyes, this country has rotten beyond repair.

bring Mori's Johnson, Trump & other world leader to rule this country, Nigeria will not move forward an inches. the problem is foundation, the solution is disintegration.

but I am still shocked some Nigerian still believe one day this country will be better, "what kind of winch they chop", as in one day policemen will repent, politician will repent, civil servants will repent, military will stop their brutality & corruption and lots more.

Please, to those who believe this country will be better one day, please explain to me how possible is that because it's easy for camel to enter needle hole than Nigeria getting better.

Note: I am not from east or IPOB, but from west
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by CheedyJ(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2020
playapayaski:
The heart of man man is wicked, but the heart of a BLACK MAN, desperately wicked.. The heart of a black African man ohhhhhhhhhh dangerously and desperately evily wickedly wicked..
But God created people with such hearts abi how, or does the devil also make humans
Bro,do u know I av always asked myself how & where man got his evil nature from since God created man In his image or was it d devil that corrupted man , if so,how & where did d devil got his evil from since we were taught he used to be an angel...Humans worldwide are just too wicked ...
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by MotiveU(f): 10:12pm On May 06, 2020
Instead of pity him...
Why don't we all contribute our quarter for him to get back on his feet.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by doggedfighter(f): 10:15pm On May 06, 2020
CheedyJ:

Bro,do u know I av always asked myself how & where man got his evil nature from since God created man In his image or was it d devil that corrupted man , if so,how & where did d devil got his evil from since we were taught he used to be an angel...Humans worldwide are just too wicked ...
That should tell you that all those stories are fables grin
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by VicM6: 10:30pm On May 06, 2020
D one wear shock me pass na d werey female lawyer (Folake) wey wan use the poor boy family do point of contact to dey chop money..... A man once said all Armed robbers are police men or once in life been in the police force.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Teeboi56: 10:34pm On May 06, 2020
God Almight know the reason why he kept u in prison
Allahu allam
God know best
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by foreshore(m): 10:49pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by playapayaski: 10:54pm On May 06, 2020
CheedyJ:

You are blessed.. Good question, very good one.. Where did EVIL ORIGINATE FROM??
God created everything according to d Bible, including Satan who was an ex angel.. So how come about evil, cos it was not part of creation.. OR IS EVIL Part OF GOD? ANSWERS OR explanation pls

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:57pm On May 06, 2020
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/lagos-bricklayer-spends-six-years-in-prison-for-phantom-robbery/

they demanded N50,000 for our bail

the same story every time this thing called Nigeria is a curse for anybody living in it

we need to destroy the foundation and rebuild it

how long shall we manage this country

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2020
astonished:

take it or leave it, the only solution for this country is disintegration. I have known this for long, only if God can open your eyes, this country has rotten beyond repair.

bring Mori's Johnson, Trump & other world leader to rule this country, Nigeria will not move forward an inches. the problem is foundation, the solution is disintegration.

but I am still shocked some Nigerian still believe one day this country will be better, "what kind of winch they chop", as in one day policemen will repent, politician will repent, civil servants will repent, military will stop their brutality & corruption and lots more.

Please, to those who believe this country will be better one day, please explain to me how possible is that because it's easy for camel to enter needle hole than Nigeria getting better.

Note: I am not from east or IPOB, but from west

Nigerian still believe one day this country will be better

every system favors some people even dead body is blessing for coffin makers
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by CheedyJ(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2020
playapayaski:

You are blessed.. Good question, very good one.. Where did EVIL ORIGINATE FROM??
God created everything according to d Bible, including Satan who was an ex angel.. So how come about evil, cos it was not part of creation.. OR IS EVIL Part OF GOD? ANSWERS OR explanation pls
Hoping someone would provide a good & convincing explanation sha ...
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Maliqcious: 11:02pm On May 06, 2020
I feel for the Man honestly. I think he's destined for greatness. It everywhere whether We like it or not. May God give us mouth and helper that would come through for Us in time of tough times.
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by zudozz: 11:09pm On May 06, 2020
better compensation.
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by rayobaba(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2020
Police.....devil on earth.
I despise them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by DonMekino(m): 11:11pm On May 06, 2020
does Nigeria police enjoy seeing ppl inside their cells? wallahi many police ppl in Nigeria will not die better death. wakanda nonsense is this, I don't know the guy but the story pain me.....sue them for what's worth
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by playapayaski: 11:15pm On May 06, 2020
CheedyJ:

Hoping someone would provide a good & convincing explanation sha ...

Seen it bro.. Thank goodness there's google.. Isaiah 45:5-7.. I'm shocked
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by letitrainnow(m): 11:15pm On May 06, 2020
LORD have mercy and help him.

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by darediamond(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2020
andyanders:
Can you immagine a fellow human being's life wasted by the police on trump-up charge of robbery and kept for 6yrs? May the officers involved die a painful death.

Many others like him has died same way without committing any offence. Nigerian police, the gate of hell awaits you bad eggs in the system.
To that Prayer you said, I SAY A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG AAAAAAAMEN!
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by quiteboy(m): 12:18am On May 07, 2020
If nah Oyibo police them go add emotion, them go ask themselves what if nah my broda police wan treat like this? But for 9ja your family for police go see you hide face so that them go bill you well. This place nah Hell Fire already.
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by agabusta: 12:23am On May 07, 2020
Timieric:
The legal advice was sent to the police, but it was not forwarded to the magistrates’ court. Hence, a dysfunctional criminal legal system kept an innocent man in jail for six years..........This Is a blatant lie from the DPP and the Lagos State ministy of Justice..As a legal practitioner of long years in service, once a legal advice in a criminal matter is issued from the office of the DPP, the next step is for such advise to be issued on the police commissioner and a copy is forwarded the the Court.i.e Magistrate court.and having received by the magistrate, it would be read in the open court to the hearing of the defendant i.e the accused person to the effect that he is either having a case to answer or not...it's never the duty of the police to forward it to the court but the duty of the dispatcher from the ministry of Justice ,Lagos state.same is applicable to all states in Nigeria...the negligence and laxity emanated from the ministry of Justice and not the department of police..Thanks

But the defendant was never produced in court again after his initial appearance.

What happened?
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by agabusta: 12:26am On May 07, 2020
VicM6:
D one wear shock me pass na d werey female lawyer (Folake) wey wan use the poor boy family do point of contact to dey chop money..... A man once said all Armed robbers are police men or once in life been in the police force.

Dont be too quick to yab the lawyer.

She may also need to grease the palms of people at the justice ministry and police station to get the man freed.

When you proudly announce you are a lawyer from Falana's chambers, it open doors faster than just presenting yourself as an unknown lawyer (that is for people who does not know their oinons anyways).
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by agabusta: 12:28am On May 07, 2020
In saner countries, this man's case would have prompted a review of all the persons currently undergoing detention in Lagos.

And an overhaul of police operations and the administration of justice.

However, we are in Nigeria, a country of people with shallow memory. After some days, everybody forgets about this and move on until a similar case happens again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Godfather03: 12:45am On May 07, 2020
Take it or leave it
Village people do meeting for the boy head
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by rafcrown(m): 1:08am On May 07, 2020
Judiciary. Sick
Executive. Clueless
Legislative. Crazy.
Populace. Funny
System. CONFUSION
NATION. JEOPARDY.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Majesty33(m): 1:29am On May 07, 2020
I had a brother too who was arrested unjustly without any evidence or trace of any offence he committed. The police demanded for 50k and kept this boy in cell for a day , mehnnn I hate hustle the money ooo if not, who knows what might have happened to my little bro. They even seized his phone and promised to charge him to court the next day.
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by Jabioro: 1:59am On May 07, 2020
iwaeda:

Prayer is that you dont become a prey in the hands of these police officers. All police stations are notorious for wickedness, but some are dealier, Panti, Denton, Olosan, Area F, Idi-Oro, Ojuelegba and Onipanu to mention a few.
I have experience Denton police station..bros if tell you d matter go dey ask yourself how it take concerned me..
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by CheedyJ(m): 2:25am On May 07, 2020
playapayaski:

Seen it bro.. Thank goodness there's google.. Isaiah 45:5-7.. I'm shocked
I'm also doing some findings on d net too & I think dat verse also popped up but I wasn't satisfied with d answers I got however, I'd keep searching...
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by africandollar: 2:56am On May 07, 2020
PlayerMeji:
Nature has dealt humanity a huge blow by placing black man in Africa.

N50000 = 6 years if you can't pay.

Not correct bro. If we were to exchange continents with say North America then I can guarantee you in a matter of years Africa would grow to become the new America while North America would have taken the place of ravaged Africa in status. The problem is not the land per se rather the inhabitants of the land.
Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by otipoju(m): 2:57am On May 07, 2020
Nigeria can never be good. It is not a curse. Every nook and cranny of the society is filled with wicked and heartless people. ...from the church to mosques to schools to government agency offices, to even hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Bricklayer Spends Six Years In Prison For Phantom Robbery by kayusely70(m): 3:42am On May 07, 2020
Police are our "friends"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Visits Cotonou Prison To Check On Nigerian Inmates (photos) / Ifeanyi: Davido’s Nanny, Cook May Face Charges For Negligence / My Friend Raped A 14-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.