Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) (80536 Views)

Covid-19: Taraba Government Resolves To Resume Total Lockdown / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video) / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Witchersunited: 2:33pm On May 06, 2020
Anarchy loading, governments are playing a very dangerous game.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by emmaelectelect(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2020
Theconglomerate:
He wants to show radicalism to Abuja.
Such a foolish display of ego devoid of logic.
This might be a very big mistake he is trying to make as it might no sit well with his own people.
Sooner or later,the gunshots here no go funny.
Port harcourt isn't lagos that you can just shutdown.
Too many arms in circulation and useless youths ready to carry them and cause mayhem.
Well,let's see how it goes....

sense dey ya speech
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by csamii: 2:38pm On May 06, 2020
Sh*t ain't funny! Now I know why market is meant for women. They injured me while trying to buy ordinary detergent.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by ppnye: 2:38pm On May 06, 2020
Theconglomerate:
This might be a very big mistake he is trying to make as it might no sit well with his own people.
Too many arms in circulation and useless youths ready to carry them and cause mayhem.
And what did the useful[b]
Theconglomerate:
And what did the useful[/b]
Theconglomerate:
And what did the "useful" youths did in Lagos?
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by pedrilo: 2:39pm On May 06, 2020
wetin dey worry wike?
who is he fighting?
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by chuksdenanny: 2:45pm On May 06, 2020
O boy no doubt say u dey stay around rumuodara. Polaris bank rumuodara spotted. Cash bank @ rumunduru Culvert also spotted
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by yomislim: 2:53pm On May 06, 2020
haywire07:
Help me get the number of that lady in the last frame. Yes, the one with the brown braids...

I can be her helper during this lockdown
was expecting this kinda comment.... Dem use toto do unaa?? Unatoto come carry your brother cheesy
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by galaxy2020(m): 2:55pm On May 06, 2020
Those of us in Abuja, Lagos and Ogun have passed this stage since, make una the come, we dey for front....Everyone stay safe
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by mindviewj: 3:06pm On May 06, 2020
everywhere in Port Harcourt LGA and Obio/akpor LGA are experiencing difficulty in buying food stuffs, filling cooking gas, fetching drinking water from SHELL RA , Traffic jam everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by otokx(m): 3:06pm On May 06, 2020
sivel:
Make them buy enough toilet tissues oh. Them go need am

Has water finished, we are waterside people.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by emmanuelbrown26: 3:09pm On May 06, 2020
opalu:
This is a sad story:

A man in Kano went to a foodseller.
He had not eaten in 3 days.
He begged the seller for food on credit.

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The man sat down beside the foodseller’s shop as he had nowhere else to go.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

The man sat there and said nothing.

As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”

Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

Then the other man said: “How much is the food he wants?”

The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

He saw the man still sleeping.
He tapped him to wake him up, he didn’t respond. Tapped him again, nothing.

The man had died.
He died sitting and waiting for help.

This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

He died hopeless. He died helpless. He died a man who his country failed.

Kano has 17 million people.
Less than 200,000 people got any form of palliative from the government.

Many people got hungry.
Many people died in their houses.
Many people starved to death from a govt that locked them in and gave no food.

An evil clueless thoughtless leadership.

If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.

Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

We all have our problems yes,
But our little curiosity may save a life.

Be the one who asks “who is that person sitting there?” Be the one who helps.
And be the one who saves a life.

DrOlufunmilayo
Is this for real?
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Irore: 3:12pm On May 06, 2020
Anarchy01:
Situation In Port Harcourt A Day Before Total Lockdown (Photos)

Currently, the whole city is out in preparation of the total lockdown imposed by Gov. nyesom Wike which is set to commence tomorrow till further notice.

I stepped out also to buy whatever my cash can reach. Its so difficult to even get cash as long queues can be seen. The traffic is so tight, both on car tracks and pedestrian lanes

En route; Rumuodara to Rumunduru Town

What baffles me is that no governor has taken the initiative of total cleaning of gutters,market places and clearing of all domestic wastes that stare at us everywhere. Fumigation inclusive.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by rOsy247(f): 3:18pm On May 06, 2020
The hold up yesterday was terrible.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by livitexguy(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2020
haywire07:
Help me get the number of that lady in the last frame. Yes, the one with the brown braids...

Her number is 08124873666
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by lukency(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2020
Total waste of time.Lock down your state and some people from lawless states will still come and infect your people.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by 6677udochi(m): 4:31pm On May 06, 2020
Wike should reconsider the declaration
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Spain007(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2020
haywire07:

you wan take ur hand buy automatic coro.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 06, 2020
meum:
Lockdown without door-to-door palliatives delivered
If na NEPA bill dem go share rish everi house.

The idea of lockdown is supposed to be temporary not till further notice(as stated in the write up). Aggressive testing and contact tracing should be carried out during the period of lockdown.
The funny thing about this lockdown is the people bringing in food items in cars are not screened and certified to be covid19 free. Remember they are coming in from other states that have covid19 cases. They definitely come in contact with those within the state that will purchase foodstuff from them.
The issue of people sneaking in at night is also a possibility.
Black people don't have any form of arrangements ,chai i shame for my race, what u said is true,
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Generalgoshen: 5:38pm On May 06, 2020
Anarchy01:
Situation In Port Harcourt A Day Before Total Lockdown (Photos)

Currently, the whole city is out in preparation of the total lockdown imposed by Gov. nyesom Wike which is set to commence tomorrow till further notice.

I stepped out also to buy whatever my cash can reach. Its so difficult to even get cash as long queues can be seen. The traffic is so tight, both on car tracks and pedestrian lanes

En route; Rumuodara to Rumunduru Town

I saw you taking pictures,
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by nengibo: 5:48pm On May 06, 2020
Theconglomerate:
The same Lagos that one million boys ran rampant
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by yashika(m): 5:55pm On May 06, 2020
At Shell General water beside Total village near Artillery, lots of people are on queue to get portable drinking water enough for the lockdown. You will have to stay as long as 4-5hrs before it gets to your turn To fetch.
Today traffic in Port Harcourt is terrible .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by omabq(f): 5:59pm On May 06, 2020
NigPatriot:

Yeah more like it. Do stay safe dear.

Sure! Thanks.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by tunary(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2020
haywire07:

Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 06, 2020
ghettokid1:
Virus Spreading on Progress........
Like seriously. embarassed
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 06, 2020
This whole lockdown shiit is becoming depressing.. embarassed
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 06, 2020
Irore:

What baffles me is that no governor has taken the initiative of total cleaning of gutters,market places and clearing of all domestic wastes that stare at us everywhere. Fumigation inclusive.
They don't care.
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 06, 2020
opalu:
This is a sad story:

A man in Kano went to a foodseller.
He had not eaten in 3 days.
He begged the seller for food on credit.

The foodseller said no because he already gave food to too many people on credit.

The man sat down beside the foodseller’s shop as he had nowhere else to go.

The foodseller told him he’s very sorry and he would like to help but too many people in the neighbourhood have collected food on credit and his business is sinking.

The man sat there and said nothing.

As time went on, other people came into the shop to buy foodstuff and went out- they noticed the man at the door sitting there sleeping. But nobody bothered.

Until one man came later in the day and asked the foodseller: “who is the man sitting at your door?” “Why is he there?”

Then the foodseller said “oh it’s a man who says he has not eaten for 3 days and he wants to collect food on credit but I could not give him because my business is struggling from all the credit I have already given out”.

Then the other man said: “How much is the food he wants?”

The food seller said “It’s a few cups of garri, rice and beans. Everything may be 2,000 naira”.

The other man said “Alright pack everything he wants and more. I would pay for it. Let him go home to his family and eat”.

The foodseller packed all the food and went outside to tell the man with joy that someone has paid for his food.

He saw the man still sleeping.
He tapped him to wake him up, he didn’t respond. Tapped him again, nothing.

The man had died.
He died sitting and waiting for help.

This happened just few days ago in Badawa, Kano. Some people who live in that area know this story.

The man was dead all along while people were coming in and out of the shop thinking he was sleeping.

He died hopeless. He died helpless. He died a man who his country failed.

Kano has 17 million people.
Less than 200,000 people got any form of palliative from the government.

Many people got hungry.
Many people died in their houses.
Many people starved to death from a govt that locked them in and gave no food.

An evil clueless thoughtless leadership.

If you know anyone in this period who is hungry around you and you can afford a little food or money to give him/her, please do.

Many people are walking the streets with an empty stomach, a sorry face and are dead within. It’s only a matter of time before they physically die.

Don’t be the one who walks into a store and doesn’t bother to ask about the beggar at the door.

We all have our problems yes,
But our little curiosity may save a life.

Be the one who asks “who is that person sitting there?” Be the one who helps.
And be the one who saves a life.

DrOlufunmilayo
Well...it's the dead man's fault for voting APC buhari, he was probarbly one of the gullibles who was shouting sai buhari sai baba!! during last election.

1 Like

Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 06, 2020
Generalgoshen:
I saw you taking pictures,
grin i saw you looking at me
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:33pm On May 06, 2020
captainking:

It was terrible yesterday.. I was at the queue till 11pm last night yet I could not withdraw cash.. I left home as early as 6am today and over 40 persons were already ahead of me in the 3 banks I visited.. Gtb... Access and UBA... Other banks around.. Eco zenith..unity and fbn were not paying cash..
It almost got to my turn and ATM stopped dispensing...
It took over 3 hours for it to resume dispensing and Gtb ATM could not give non Gtb account holders cash.. I had to leave by 11am..no cash yet...
Well.. I finally took cash from those pos centres...at a cost though... I think it's the best way to get cash for now.... This all happened in Woji, phc
Superstores were almost out of stock last night.
No be small thing
boss, I was reading ur comment I didn't see the moniker, as soon as I read woji,i know it must be u.. sharp sharp, I scrolled up to ur moniker.. no so u forget me
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 7:40pm On May 06, 2020
haywire07:

You really gone haywire bro! grin
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Odogwu999(m): 9:21pm On May 06, 2020
embarassed Wike don kill me with hunger cry
Re: Situation In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdown Tomorrow (Photos) by Odogwu999(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2020
Awoleesu:

You really gone haywire bro! grin
him don smoke la

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / Passengers Flee From Bus After Spotting A Chinese Man Onboard In Ghana (Video) / HELP!! Do You Know This Lady Who Has Been Unconscious For Hours? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.