Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? (2848 Views)

Should I Fire Her? / Should I Fire My Ex? / Should I Fire My Husband?…..His Ego Is Ruining Everything! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 10:35am On May 07, 2020
Our Gateman is from kastina state.
I live in Aba
Before lockdown he said he wanted to go and stay with his family there.
When he left my elder brother started handling the security in the house.

Fast forward to yesterday I got a call from him saying he wants to come back soon and resume work..
He complain that no work or food in his state. That he is planning on hiding inside a truck that will carry them back here.

The issue now is that corona has taken over the north spreading like wild fire.

1. Should I tell him that he is fired
2. Should I tell him to wait let's see how things will work out
3. Should I report him to NCDC for testing when he comes back
4. Should I find another Gateman...
I need your advise

2 Likes

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by todugo(m): 10:37am On May 07, 2020
Lie Mohammad

2 Likes

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Davash222(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2020
Number 2 is your best shot.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 10:39am On May 07, 2020
todugo:
Lie Mohammad
This is a serious matter. He has worked for 3years. This year making it the 3rd year and honestly he is a good man but the fear of this virus is making matters worse.

1 Like

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 10:44am On May 07, 2020
Davash222:
Number 2 is your best shot.
That's what I told him but I just feel like it may get worse as time goes
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Davash222(m): 10:44am On May 07, 2020
FeliciaOja:

That's what I told him but I just feel like it may get worse as time goes
It's beyond your control.
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 10:47am On May 07, 2020
Davash222:

It's beyond your control.
You suggesting I fire him?
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Joshmodest(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2020
If your story is true and he is a nice guy , if you are financially buoyant , tell him no 2 , and send him 40 % of his salary telling him you'll deduct it when the whole pandemic is under control....
If you fire him he'll probably still return to your town and look for a means of survival elsewhere endangering other people and you never can tell when it gets to your side with the crazy way this is ting spreads......
Its a trying time for everyone , and somehow we just have to be responsible for not only our actions , but for he actions of those around us !

17 Likes

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by bigiyaro(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2020
allow him to come back but not with extra almajiries o, then quarantine him.
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Abfinest007(m): 10:59am On May 07, 2020
Tell him to stay back he won't die of hunger after they voted for buhari saying he's d Messiah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 07, 2020
angry

Tell him to remain where he is. Telling him to come back and resume his duty is like aiding and abating crime considering the lockdown order on interstate travel.

You also need to consider the risk of contracting the virus in case he has it, as you're not sure and obviously don't have the test kits at your disposal for testing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by mhizv(f): 11:02am On May 07, 2020
It's best he doesn't. If you're bouyant at the moment,send him some MONEY.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by lillyontop(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2020
Joshmodest:
If your story is true and he is a nice guy , if you are financially buoyant , tell him no 2 , and send him 40 % of his salary telling him you'll deduct it when the whole pandemic is under control....
If you fire him he'll probably still return to your town and look for a means of survival elsewhere endangering other people and you never can tell when it gets to your side with the crazy way this is ting spreads......
Its a trying time for everyone , and somehow we just have to be responsible for not only our actions , but for he actions of those around us !
Best advise so far
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Fidelismaria: 11:08am On May 07, 2020
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 3:08pm On May 07, 2020
Joshmodest:
Before he left I paid him 50% of his salary plus transport fare up to 7k.
I wanted to tell him to come back and stay in quarantine for 14 days and go for testing.
But he sounded resilient about the idea saying that he is healthy and strong.
I want to fire him but he is a good man and at the same time I don't want to take chances.
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by sexylassie2(f): 3:11pm On May 07, 2020
Accept him then quarantine and isolate him for 14 days, hard to do but give it a try.

Once he comes back, tell him to wash his hands with soap and water and he must do that every time.

Always wear your facemask and make sure he wears his also even when communicating with him

Isolate him and tell him not to work for 14days and should report any illness to you.

Any sign of sickness, report to the authority.
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by GeneralPula: 3:13pm On May 07, 2020
Our gateman.. Nah you employ ham?
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Tozic: 3:22pm On May 07, 2020
sexylassie2:
Accept him then quarantine and isolate him for 14 days, hard to do but give it a try.

Once he comes back, tell him to wash his hands with soap and water and he must do that every time.

Always wear your facemask and make sure he wears his also even when communicating with him

Isolate him and tell him not to work for 14days and should report any illness to you.

Any sign of sickness, report to the authority.

yen yen yen ....

You sound too bored cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by zexy2030(m): 3:25pm On May 07, 2020
Just quarantine with NCDC, He should be in Aba by now, hausa na go dem understand, go back no dey there dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by MoneyMindset(m): 3:29pm On May 07, 2020
My opinion, best option is for him to stay back and if he insists fire him or report him, him stepping foot in your house means endangering everyone in your household like wise anybody he might come across on his way back. You said he want to smuggle himself in, other almajiris might have come across someone positive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:31pm On May 07, 2020
FeliciaOja:

This is a serious matter. He has worked for 3years. This year making it the 3rd year and honestly he is a good man but the fear of this virus is making matters worse.
lie Mohammed
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Ayoleeboy007: 5:02pm On May 07, 2020
todugo:
Lie Mohammad
lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Bola146(f): 5:13pm On May 07, 2020
No 3 is okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Ferdinandu(m): 5:25pm On May 07, 2020
FeliciaOja:
I live in Aba

Fast forward to yesterday I got a call from him saying he wants to come back soon and resume work..
He complain that no work or food in his state. That he is planning on hiding inside a truck that will carry them back here.

I need your advise
If you have a place to qurantine him for 14days in your house then allow him if not think of your health and your family health first. Katsina is gradually becoming one of the hot-spot
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 12:46pm On May 08, 2020
Ferdinandu:
If you have a place to qurantine him for 14days in your house then allow him if not think of your health and your family health first. Katsina is gradually becoming one of the hot-spot
At this point, I will just sack him.
God knows we have tried our best
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Nephilim: 2:14pm On May 08, 2020
FeliciaOja:
I live in Aba

I need your advise
fire him! Lolz
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Quality20(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2020
Just allow him resume his work, if he can safely make it to Aba, just make sure u isolate him at d gate for one full week
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by MOnkeyBabe(f): 1:26am On May 10, 2020
FeliciaOja:
I live in Aba

I need your advise
PleaSe DOnt. You'Re too Cool for StUff like this.
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by ghettochild4u(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2020
Joshmodest:
Even if he sends him money, the money will ensure his fast movement back to ur town. So abort mission
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by FeliciaOja(f): 1:21pm On May 10, 2020
ghettochild4u:

Even if he sends him money, the money will ensure his fast movement back to ur town. So abort mission
NAWA oo
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by Maximatic(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2020
Please i would like to ask some questions please whatsap 08179801339
Re: Should I Fire My Gateman From The North? by rockyh(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2020
FeliciaOja:
I live in Aba

I need your advise
if you can sacrifice say 5 to 10 k u send it to him n add option 2 as a mild backing to relax his mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Will A Girl Always Say She Will Call You Back / They Are Many (pictures Attached) / Celebrating My 4 Years Celibacy This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.