Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me (3486 Views)

Marriage Palaver!!! / Boys & Girls Marriage Palaver / Marriage Palaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by wellmax(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2011
I met this lady back at the university, we became good friends. One thing led to another and we became lovers.  Immediately after my youth service she introduced me to her families and I was accepted. She wanted marriage this year. I love her would want to marry her, but not this year. We had this argument and discussion for a long time until something else came up.

I had always known based on my health experiences and a test I did way back in secondary school that I have blood group AA, but recently I did another one and realize that I am AS, same blood group as my girl friend.

The problem now is, can AS and AS go ahead with marriage plans? If not, how do I tell her, won’t she conclude that this is just my way of avoiding marrying her this year as she wanted? What if she agrees to wait till next year, and ignores the blood group issue to marry me, what are the risks.

Please NLanders advise me on waht to do.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by aspabay(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
MY QUESTION to you is ” DO WE MARRY FOR LOVE OR MARRY FOR GENOTYPE”

my own answer is “MARRY FOR LOVE” what’s yours?

sciences has brought confort, hapiness, sadness, limitation and sorrow but, GOD has brought joy, love, freedom unlimited cos there are no limits in the spirit realm.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by georgee(m): 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2011
aspabay:

sciences has brought confort, hapiness, sadness, limitation and sorrow but, GOD has brought joy, love, freedom unlimited cos there are no limits in the spirit realm.

Ignorance of the highest order angry angry angry angry. so u want the poor guy guy to go ahead and marry knowing fully well the ''resultant consequences''.
Hisses and walks away
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by Omolola1(f): 7:18pm On Jan 12, 2011
Forget about love, it is so obvious u cant mary her nd u knw d reason. If u go ahead, u wud regret it 4 d rest of ur lyf
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by Spclst900: 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
he who knoweth the truth and doeth it not to him it is a sin.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by NET1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2011
abeg, dont be selfish,

have you considered the consequences of your decision? You obviously dont know the ordeal that sickle-cell children suffer before they eventually die.

think about your unborn children. what if all of them become SS? abeg, think well before you make this decision.

.NET
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
wellmax:

I met this lady back at the university, we became good friends. One thing led to another and we became lovers. Immediately after my youth service she introduced me to her families and I was accepted. She wanted marriage this year. I love her would want to marry her, but not this year. We had this argument and discussion for a long time until something else came up.

I had always known based on my health experiences and a test I did way back in secondary school that I have blood group AA, but recently I did another one and realize that I am AS, same blood group as my girl friend.

The problem now is, can AS and AS go ahead with marriage plans? If not, how do I tell her, won’t she conclude that this is just my way of avoiding marrying her this year as she wanted? What if she agrees to wait till next year, and ignores the blood group issue to marry me, what are the risks.

i have never heard of AS blood group i have googled to sure nothing come out

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Genetics/same-blood-group/show/337331

people of same blood group can marry and have kids only people thats share part of DNA cant

http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/bloodgroup.asp
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by Coolabbie: 9:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
Pls 4get about luv & tink about d suffering & pain ur kids wuld go thru. There is a high probability of dem turning out 2 be ss.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by MrCork17: 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2011
wellmax:

I met this lady back at the university, we became good friends. One thing led to another and we became lovers.  Immediately after my youth service she introduced me to her families and I was accepted. She wanted marriage this year. I love her would want to marry her, but not this year. We had this argument and discussion for a long time until something else came up.

wellmax , ermm Bro, is your blood group KDK? undecided
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
Coolabbie:

Pls 4get about luv & tink about d suffering & pain your kids wuld go thru. There is a high probability of dem turning out 2 be ss.

Is it me who did get what he said or the rest of the people know nothing about blood types and daft question asked

if the guy was related to him by DNA sharing of someone down the line then YES they wouldnt marry

but blood group has nothing to worry about

dont confuse BLOOD GROUP & DNA i.e one relative that you share your DNA with

BLOOD GROUP AS grin grin grin you and your girfreind are aliens
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by aspabay(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
As much as married couples want to have kids, as much as the society needs kids, as much as the nation and world need to reproduce, and as much as I believe that couples should go for medical tests before saying “I DO”, I believe in a case where God leads, there are no boundaries to love and life. The problem is that manytimes, many people allow their flesh to lead and God to follow. Definitely, God would opt out of such a relationship
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by ninob1(f): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

Is it me who did get what he said or the rest of the people know nothing about blood types and daft question asked

if the guy was related to him by DNA sharing of someone down the line then YES they wouldnt marry

but blood group has nothing to worry about

dont confuse BLOOD GROUP & DNA i.e one relative that you share your DNA with

BLOOD GROUP AS grin grin grin you and your girfreind are aliens

the poster probably made a mistake in his topic

what he is talking about is genotype and not blood group.

Genotype is basically the genetic make up of an organism.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by MrsChima(f): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
(writing another letter to Seun)
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
Omolola1:

Forget about love, it is so obvious u cant mary her nd u knw d reason. If u go ahead, u wud regret it 4 d rest of your lyf
Wot do u mean he wuld regret it for the rest of his life? Are u God to have made such conclusion? Someone said he did it way back in sec skul and he was AA and now As, i expected u to tell to go to another place for another. Who knows tehre mayb a mistake some where.
And who told you both of them cant marry and all their children wil be AA.
Please lets stop making some conclusion based on wot we read in books.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by tunnytox(m): 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
@nikkykay
Pls and pls don't even go there, it's just like gambling between life and death. Have you ever witness the type os suffering that a sickle cell patient passes through? I have a family member who's in this situation and trust me you won't even wish your enemy to suffer that much.

@OP
Pls for the sake of the unborn innocent children if you've confirmed that you are both AS pls and pls don't marry each other except it's you plan not to have any children. That's just my 2 kobo
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by sharpman1(m): 2:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
aspabay:

Absolute rubbish.

@OP before you decide to go ahead with the marriage or relationship. . . . . . .you should consider living with someone with SS for a few months (especially when in crisis). . . . . . .it is not a pleasant experience at all.

The kind of pain and discomfort they go through can only be explained by them.

My advice:
Forget the relationship and move on. . . . . . . .a few months of heart break is better than a lifetime of pain and sorrow u will probably put some people (including you and your wife) through.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by Spclst900: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
^ shikena
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by sevule(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2011
@poster Had a similar problem, but even though I loved the babe with ALL my heart, I had to let her go. It had actually gotten to the stage we were talking about marriage when I found out I was AS. My brother it took years for me to leave a relationship I had invested my heart and soul in but I had to think with my head and not with my hjeart. Whatever you decide to do please note the following
1.) There is a 25% chance of having an
S child but this is a probability and yuo may have 4 children and all would be SS or none of them would be SS.
2.) There are tests you can do to discover the genotype of the unborn child but the tests are frigging expensive in Nigeria (about 700,000) and you have to do the tests at a certain time, so if you fail to discover that your wife is pregnant at the appropriate time, then the test may be worthless.
Personally I would advise you to take your babe to a reputable hospital and get the test done there to confirm if you are actually AS. If you are, then my brother I would advise you to start looking for another that would be your queen
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by dave2(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2011
U can imagine the pains and emotional trauma your babe would go through if u finally decide to call the blissful relationship off.
But come to think of it my brother; pains now (momentarily) and pains 2moro (everlasting), which do u prefer sir?

U better think wisely cos the consequences of having sickle cell children are severe and would hunt you forever.
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by totorimi: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2011
Dont you ever try to marry an AS person if you are confirmed AS. The resultant effect is better imagined than experienced. Dont love blindly use your head. When the chips are down love will jumpout of the window and regrets will be case.
Tell her it cant work she should look for another man with AA
Re: Blood group/Marriage Palaver: House Pls Advice Me by MzGreat(f): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
Seriously seriously dnt thnk u shld take things further.this is a big risk n u mait end up spending al ur money on a sick child who's got a short life span.expect in god's miracle o,even some churches do not unite couples with same 's' gene anymore.u guys should just sit down and talk abt it deeply or seek a councelor

(1) (Reply)

I Luv Her Bt I Cant Date Her because I Saw A Tattoo On Her Laps Unknowingly 2 Her.. / Did They Ask Him To Suck His Bride? / My Relationship With Women Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.