Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) (99395 Views)

Abiola, Oba Oyekan At The Crowning Of Tinubu As Asiwaju Of Lagos (Throwback Pic) / Bukola Saraki With Classmates In Kings College, Lagos (Throwback Photo) / Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha Road Under Reconstruction By Julius Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:36pm On May 08, 2020
nobaga:
In 1965, which Region was carrying the whole of Nigeria with Cocoa, many Firsts in Africa, Industrial Estate, Schools etc?

So you went to South Africa, USA, England and North because they are full of lazy people since you are Efulefu.

If no be some people A dey respect, you for hia more.

Bros we done burst this lie before na ...eastern region was far the fastest developing ...and Lagos was not part of Western region bro

People only pay for two things ignorance and laziness ....I want to Eat I can cook but buy food ..I'm paying for my laziness ...if I can't cook I'm paying for my ignorance ...that's how business works ....

How would u know ...u think laziness n ignorance was an abuse ...get lost anumpam

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2020
Kyase:
this thing wey you just type make one man call ee igbo worker sack am....... you just sack your brother
If he is igbo he would grow again relax u can't bury us

Yes as business men we move to where people are ignorant or laziness ....cos that's the only thing that can make u spend money

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AlhajaChinyere: 8:47pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Where is my comment did I say that ...I'm talking about how Nigeria developed Lagos n not yorubas u are talking another thing

Cry as much as you like the truth will torment you. Lagos was and still is light years away from Nigeria. Sooner or later we will drive you out!!!
Joyful, resourceful resilient Yoruba land grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Cry as much as you like the truth will torment you. Lagos was and still is light years away from Nigeria. Sooner or later we will drive you out!!!
Joyful, resourceful resilient Yoruba land grin
The day u try Jack ...that day we would send all of u back to ibadan

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AlhajaChinyere: 8:49pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros we done burst this lie before na ...eastern region was far the fastest developing ...and Lagos was not part of Western region bro

People only pay for two things ignorance and laziness ....I want to Eat I can cook but buy food ..I'm paying for my laziness ...if I can't cook I'm paying for my ignorance ...that's how business works ....

How would u know ...u think laziness n ignorance was an abuse ...get lost anumpam

Oga you are living on borrowed times. Las las yoruba people will drag you or your dead body commit for our ancestral land!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 8:50pm On May 08, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Oga you are living on borrowed times. Las las yoruba people will drag you or your dead body commit for our ancestral land!
When u get lever try am ..we go annex south west turn am to farm land

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AlhajaChinyere: 8:52pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

When u get lever try am ..we go annex south west turn am to farm land

You never build 2nd niger bridge for igboland ooo, yet you wan turn Lagos farmland

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Olachase(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

There are far more igbos in the north than south west ....we go where the people are either not smart or too lazy to take the opportunity in their place simple
did you write without thinking or were u sleeping when u wrote this?
I'm asking you again so are u trying to say in the whole of Nigeria ibo is the only smart and hard working tribe.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga I'm not a kanu supported ..have never and would never be ...so look for another excuse

What I stated is fact

Sorry for the mix up on Kanu supporter .

Having said that

You didn’t state any fact

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Kyase(m): 9:09pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Yes as business men we move to where people are ignorant or laziness ....cos that's the only thing that can make u spend money
so guys are the most intelligent and hardworking tribe in Nigeria abi

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:09pm On May 08, 2020
sarrki:
Every other state or region learn from Lagos

Lagos is the leader

Any political leader in Lagos is the head of modern day leader

Argue with prove from your region or state of origin
Wats ur point?

5 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Sammy07: 9:11pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

Yoruba claiming Lagos is like north claiming Abuja

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Lagos is Nigerian project and that's a fact

Going by this statement, that means ibos are not hospitable at all..

Among the whole regions, ibos have the least outsiders.

You agree??

BTW, it's Abeokuta (Beneath the stone) not abiokuta (you born a stone)

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Wats ur point?

That Lagos and it’s leaders are pacesetter

That other people should learn from

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2020
Sammy07:

You agree??

Please educate him

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Sammy07: 9:13pm On May 08, 2020
sarrki:

Please educate him

That guy just like to dey yarn rubbish.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by BlueBanana: 9:15pm On May 08, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you crazy. Lagos can survive without the FG if Nigeria dissolves today. Infact FG stopped allocation s for four years to Lagos and Lagos survived. Question is can Abuja survive without a federal allocation today ??
I don't think you understand him. He's making a valid point. Lagos was built by the collective effort of Nigerians from all regions.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Lagos had been a contender on the West African coast for ages.

Why did Benin leave nearby Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri to go enter partnership in far away Lagos?

Calabar was the first capital of Amalgamated Nigeria, not Lagos. Why did colonial administrators packed up from Calabar to go into Lagos?

Lagos is older Nigeria
Lagos has always been developed before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been rich before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been beautiful before Nigeria.

Get sense or I school you! grin
Calabar never served as capital of Nigeria,there was no one entity called Nigeria . It was a conglomeration of three different administrative units having there headquarters in Calabar for southern Protectorate, Lokoja for Northern Protectorate and Lagos for d colony of Lagos. In August 1904, the two territories(Lagos colony and Southern protectorate) were amalgamated, with the combined territory called the Colony and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria. Lord Lugard was the governor general until 1914 when Lugard was assigned to the colony of Lagos where he brought all the protectorate together and called it "Nigeria". Lugard did this in Lagos and started operating as the first Governor General from Lagos which made Lagos the first Capital of Nigeria.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Powerintoxicate: 9:19pm On May 08, 2020
BlueBanana:

I don't think you understand him. He's making a valid point. Lagos was built by the collective effort of Nigerians from all regions.
go back to your onitsha. Igbos will be sent out of Lagos and the entire Southwest if Nigeria divides. During the civil war all igbo properties were revoked. Ojukwu had to beg to get his fathers properties back. Igbos are hated all over Africa cos they are proud dubious and cunny. In South Africa you people have been sent out already

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by BlueBanana: 9:21pm On May 08, 2020
Sammy07:

You agree??

BTW, it's Abeokuta (Beneath the stone) not abiokuta (you born a stone)
The fact that Other regions don't want to come to South East doesn't make Igbos inhospitable.
BTW, It's Igbo not Ibo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by BlueBanana: 9:23pm On May 08, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
go back to your onitsha. Igbos will be sent out of Lagos and the entire Southwest if Nigeria divides. During the civil war all igbo properties were revoked. Ojukwu had to beg to get his fathers properties back. Igbos are hated all over Africa cos they are proud dubious and cunny. In South Africa you people have been sent out already
I thought I was making a conversation with an intelligent mind.
I don't have time for your buffoonery.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Sammy07: 9:25pm On May 08, 2020
BlueBanana:

The fact that Other regions don't want to come to South East doesn't make Igbos inhospitable.
BTW, It's Igbo not Ibo

This was his statement.
So addressed it.

" if yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case "

BTW, pronouncing Igbo in Yoruba will mean Weed, Bush,
It's better I pronounce it as Ibo.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by BlueBanana: 9:29pm On May 08, 2020
Sammy07:

This was his statement.
So addressed it.

" if yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case "

BTW, pronouncing Igbo in Yoruba will mean Weed, Bush,
It's better I pronounce it as Ibo.
Ok, fair enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Powerintoxicate: 9:34pm On May 08, 2020
BlueBanana:

I thought I was making a conversation with an intelligent mind.
I don't have time for your buffoonery.
you're the one displaying the highest form of buffonery claiming another man's land as yours. Go and develop onitsha to world class standards

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 9:38pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Calabar never served as capital of Nigeria,there was no one entity called Nigeria .t was a conglomeration of three different administrative units having there headquarters in Calabar for southern Protectorate, Lokoja for Northern Protectorate and Lagos for d colony of Lagos

So why didnt they keep capital of Nigeria in Lokoja or Calabar, why Lagos out of the three options?

Get sense!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by thundafire: 9:40pm On May 08, 2020
sarrki:

Lagos is the leader

shut up,a wise government will not put all it's eggs in one basket, because y don't the Federal government make calabar orts,rivers and Delta too work and see how Lagos will be empty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

So why didnt they keep capital of Nigeria in Lokoja or Calabar, why Lagos out of the three options?

Get sense!
In August 1904, the two territories(Lagos colony and Southern protectorate) were amalgamated, with the combined territory called the Colony and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria. Lord Lugard was the governor general until 1914 when Lugard was assigned to the colony of Lagos where he brought all the protectorate together and called it "Nigeria". Lugard did this in Lagos and started operating as the first Governor General from Lagos which made Lagos the first Capital of Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Lagos had been a contender on the West African coast for ages.

Why did Benin leave nearby Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri to go enter partnership in far away Lagos?

Calabar was the first capital of Amalgamated Nigeria, not Lagos. Why did colonial administrators packed up from Calabar to go into Lagos?

Lagos is older Nigeria
Lagos has always been developed before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been rich before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been beautiful before Nigeria.

Get sense or I school you! grin
In 1863 the British established the Lagos Town Improvement Ordinance,with the aim of controlling the physical development of the town and surrounding territory. So is not like the yoruba's are the once who developed Lagos.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Difrent: 9:49pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Your brothers have been claiming theyve bought up everywhere in yorubaland and here you are saying this....what a confused tribe

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by nwamabo247(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2020
Back then they work with totally honesty,

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 08, 2020
sarrki:

Lagos is the leader

Sarrki, you like shaking tablesss. Let ipob catch you.

9 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 10:01pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Are you saying that whites are ignorant and lazy and that is why blacks are trooping there in their millions while white men are scanty in blackman region?

olodo,Immigrants like you are looking for greener pastures because your Igboland is a desert.

Most Igbos are illiterates who do not know that immigrants are always suffer heads looking for a better livelihood.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Where is my comment did I say that ...I'm talking about how Nigeria developed Lagos n not yorubas u are talking another thing
You're a liar bro, you said so.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dr Chike Akunyili: Graphic Photo Of Murdered Dora Akunyili's Husband / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.