Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) (99392 Views)

Abiola, Oba Oyekan At The Crowning Of Tinubu As Asiwaju Of Lagos (Throwback Pic) / Bukola Saraki With Classmates In Kings College, Lagos (Throwback Photo) / Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha Road Under Reconstruction By Julius Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by NGpatriot: 3:20pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Help us na buy supporting it ...

You don't need other people to help you or fight for you to gain your freedom if you really are desperate for your freedom.

What rightful and credible steps have you taken? Non, apart from insulting and abusing people, apart from some kanu terrorist clown talking rubbish and threatening to cut off people's head like ISIS.

You people are not ready for anything, all you do is make noise, hate, insult and abuse people, spew tribal crude and crass nonsense all over the place.

Who takes you people seriously sef?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 3:26pm On May 09, 2020
Thanks for the enlightenment, I learnt something new today.

@Alvelt14
@OROSUNBOLD
@Diplomat058

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Bahamas95(m): 3:26pm On May 09, 2020

@Alvelt14
@OROSUNBOLD
@Diplomat058

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:37pm On May 09, 2020
Evercurious:
[i][/i]

Pls pretend to be smart

You can't understand my point, I get it, it's beyond you,.so you had to think it's stupid, but the people who do, do
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Asour: 3:57pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros we done burst this lie before na ...eastern region was far the fastest developing ...and Lagos was not part of Western region bro

People only pay for two things ignorance and laziness ....I want to Eat I can cook but buy food ..I'm paying for my laziness ...if I can't cook I'm paying for my ignorance ...that's how business works ....

How would u know ...u think laziness n ignorance was an abuse ...get lost anumpam

Nice points. But my opinion is that you didn't need to include the "Laziness" statement.

Igbos are in Virtually all Nigerian states for business/Residency. Are all Nigerian people (except the Igbos) Lazy too?

It may appear right but reducing the reason why we spend money to just "Laziness" and "Ignorance" is too shallow.

When you send your ward to school (as an educated parent) are you lazy or/and ignorant too ? The alternative, which is, having your children homeschooled, while possible to most educated parents IS not the most effective use of time — if such a parent is to make a living/function properly in other areas. (We only have 24 hrs /day).

If I decide to start a Telco or Banking or a Utility business today, having all technical capacity to start one. The government would typically require a "licensing" fee of a few $m, Am I paying for my laziness or ignorance here?

Because of the limited time we all have per day, there's a limit to what a person can do. In prehistoric times, we met our needs ourselves but with the realization of trade, Men began to focus on areas of competitive advantage. Not because of Laziness or Ignorance, but because this practice of focus/specialization benefits mankind as a whole. An Engineer is an Engineer. He is not an Ignorant/Lazy doctor.

Again when Igbos move into Lazy and ignorant geographies and launch thriving businesses who are the patrons of these businesses? the Lazy/ignorant neighborhood? But how did they make the money to afford the products that the Igbos produce/sell (aren't they Lazy) ? certainly they aren't giving out these products for free right?

Igbos are known to be enterprising. that's a fact.

This phenomenon isn't disputed. You don't have to put others down with unwarranted snide remarks to rise up.

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by thundafire: 4:10pm On May 09, 2020
bamidelee:

It's simple develop your region and stop coming to Lagos.
What most of you chest beaters don't know is, your elites can't call for secession, their properties are all over the country. Ask yourself, how many Yoruba or Hausa have properties in your region? Be sincere with yourself, it's almost zero.
You can't survive without Lagos even if all your ports are fully functional.
Ask greenlife pharmaceutical et al, Coscharis and other's to leave Lagos to village, aye won ta niyen.
if the federal government don't give dey go ahead then, number 1 am not from the east,so let other ports start functioning and let's c if an aboki man from Kano will still choose Lagos port because Calabar port will be closer to him
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Evercurious(f): 4:19pm On May 09, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

You can't understand my point, I get it, it's beyond you,.so you had to think it's stupid, but the people who do, do

And again pretend to be smart
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by thegloor: 4:27pm On May 09, 2020
TodayNAlways:
The other day I saw a video of transport system in Lagos dated back to early 60s. I wept after watching that video. Literally, there's no difference between Nigeria of 60 years ago and Nigeria of today. No progress, no development. Pathetic!!!

If you look very closely you will notice it was better before than now
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Len234: 4:37pm On May 09, 2020
What people do not understand is that Nigeria is a country that lacks structure and is bedeviled with tribalism. A serious country will have functioning ports in all states on the Atlantic coast. China has 34 main ports and 2000 minor ports around the country. Calling the achievement of Lagos, a Yoruba effort is like a slap to all Nigerians that fought the Civil war. Because Lagos is a brainchild of Nigeria. It is Nigerian pet project. It housed many companies and parastatals brought by Nigerians from different parts of the country. It is even mediocre that Lagos is not even near Kigali in terms of development despite all the money poured in to its economy. Lagos is just the financial hub of Africa cos of efforts of Nigerians.Do u think 21 million ppl living in a small place like Lagos is healthy? The Nigerian government has failed to diversify the economy across various regions. The United States has California as the tech state, New York as financial, Massachusetts as education, Texas as agriculture, Miami as tourism, and other states to a degree.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Len234: 4:39pm On May 09, 2020
For those celebrating Julius berger, it is a big disappointment. Because jb cannot even win contracts in their native Germany. They cannot compete with G-cappa and others. Jb is a company for third world countries and criminals. That's why they will always do what they can to ensure the contraption called Nigeria.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by phoenix911: 4:42pm On May 09, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you crazy. Lagos can survive without the FG if Nigeria dissolves today. Infact FG stopped allocation s for four years to Lagos and Lagos survived. Question is can Abuja survive without a federal allocation today ??

There is something you failed to understand, Abuja was built solely as the seat of power (Federal Capital) but Lagos was built by the federation as the seat of power and commercial capital of Nigeria, please stop the comparison when it comes to commercial viability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 09, 2020
thundafire:
if the federal government don't give dey go ahead then, number 1 am not from the east,so let other ports start functioning and let's c if an aboki man from Kano will still choose Lagos port because Calabar port will be closer to him
An average Hausa man prefers yoruba to Igbo.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by NGpatriot: 4:53pm On May 09, 2020
phoenix911:

There is something you failed to understand, Abuja was built solely as the seat of power (Federal Capital) but Lagos was built by the federation as the seat of power and commercial capital of Nigeria, please stop the comparison when it comes to commercial viability.

The FG built Lagos state even though Lagos state was already built and was a bustling commercial capital before Nigeria as a country, already industrial via industrial estates built by the Western region like Apapa industrial, Ikeja, Ilupeju, Matori and Mushin industrial estates.

Even when Lagos was the federal capital, it was limited to Lagos Island.

Some of you no dey talk with sense and education sha.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by thundafire: 5:01pm On May 09, 2020
bamidelee:

An average Hausa man prefers yoruba to Igbo.
am neither any of the tribes u called
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 09, 2020
thundafire:
am neither any of the tribes u called
Am interested in your tribe pls, am only been factual.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Abiboss: 5:11pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

Yoruba claiming Lagos is like north claiming Abuja

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Lagos is Nigerian project and that's a fact

If Nigeria split today... So lagos will go with Biafra bah

4 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2020
Urchman200:
Lagos know u? More than 80% of igbos living in Lagos are more recognized than some of u who are jobless in the same Lagos, always come on nairaland to make noise, tell ur relatives that have lived all their lives in UK to start coming back before telling igboman to go Arochukwu ok,calm down make envy and jealousy no shorten una life span on top of igboman matter, he is living his best life over there y some of u depend only on the change u get from ur odds jobs .

Sometimes I wonder the reason for every Igbo man obsession with Lagos ! Even if Lagos is to you what UK is to us,we have never been found contesting ownership of UK's soil with the aborigines. It can only be an incurable inferiority that makes most of you Igbo to disown your ancestral home while laying claims to another man"s land. You secretly wish Lagos was your own !

A certain man declared secession from Nigeria; war ensued. Surprisingly though, he ordered his ragtag army to invade Lagos with the same excuse that Lagos was the capital of Nigeria. You see, your obsession with Lagos did not just start today; your grandfathers equally wished the city belonged to them.

Take it or leave it, you guys can only survive outside of your erosion ravaged land with zero economic values. It is not just about Lagos only.

Stop deceiving yourself kiddo,you're only recognised as criminals wherever you go and that is why you are not wanted in South Africa, Ghana,Liberia,Malaysia, UK, USA etc. You aren't wanted anywhere you go because of your criminal antecedents.

Take your criminal hard work and audio development to your Arochukwu.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Remmythe: 5:31pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

E ri omo ale omo ibo Yi Sha
Lagos is Nigeria project... delusional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ridbell01(m): 5:41pm On May 09, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Engage him (mrvitalis), he is stating the plain fact.

From 1914-1991 (73years) Lagos state was the capital of Nigeria and so like he stated FG build up Lagos to what it is today.. The past and present governors are just doing maintenance.

And yes Lagos state closeness to the Atlantic ocean is the icing on the cake that made Lagos a class above the rest.
But then if places like Bonny in Rivers state was the then capital of Nigeria it will be like Lagos state now.
you people mean 1914 Lagos was plain land nobody leaves there. Lord lugard brought our the cement and sand to build Lagos?
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

In fact Okotie-Eboh brought Berger & Bilfinger to Nigeria.
Lagos was shaped by people across Nigeria. And slave returnees. Benin even gave the place it's name: Eko (camp) being a war camp of Benin Empire.

Lagos is a melting pot. Very unique. It wasn't even part of Western Region in the 1960s. It was on its own.

Today we call it SW. It shows how Nigeria gradually veered into extreme tribalism since the civil war.

Was the Oba of Lagos not a Yoruba man when It was being administered separately ? Are you saying Lagos is not native Yoruba land ? It can only be extreme inferiority complex that makes most of you think this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:05pm On May 09, 2020
Bahamas95:

@Alvelt14

@OROSUNBOLD

@Diplomat058

You're welcome bro. We are all learners actually.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AreaFada2: 6:14pm On May 09, 2020
Basic123:

Ignorance!
Well prove me wrong. grin cheesy
I just told you what you didn't know or tribally decided to deny.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Basic123: 6:22pm On May 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

Well prove me wrong. grin cheesy
I just told you what you didn't know or tribally decide to deny.
You are ignorant because 60% of present Lagos were part of Western Nigeria.

Awolowo established the first industrial estate in the country in Ikeja.
Also,name on FG project in Lagos since 1995
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AreaFada2: 6:29pm On May 09, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Was the Oba of Lagos not a Yoruba man when It was being administered separately ? Are you saying Lagos is not native Yoruba land ? It can only be extreme inferiority complex that makes most of you think this way.

Inferior to a place under Benin up to Kosoko time when colonial goons came?

We are quite happy to have organised Lagos and give it an astute and stable monarchy with the wise chiefs like Obanikoro, Eletu Odibo and others that followed the first Eleko from Benin.

Same with Warri and other monarchs who are comfortable admitting their Benin origin.

Why would people immediately think of inferiority when historical truth is mentioned? Instead I think it's inferiority that typifies bullies that make you guys immediately hurl insults at people. Clearly people with the worst manners I have seen. And I have been around places quite a bit. It rubbishes whatever education you people claim.

So if tomorrow my children or grandchildren are doing well, should I deny them? Nope. Only a very evil father would do that.
By the way watch it on YouTube where Oba Akiolu acknowledges Oba Ewuare as his father.

By virtue of occupying the common ancestral throne. That does not signify inferiority or superiority in modern times. It shows historical awareness.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Dirpetaner: 6:53pm On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

In short Lagos belongs to ibos abi? While Abuja belongs to Ibos too? Oun to daa wu ole. Anyway I'm a Yoruba man i never claim Abuja. But ibo will claim south south, lagos and even Abuja ahah pray against coveting your brothers properties.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

Inferior to a place under Benin up to Kosoko time?
We are quite happy to have organised Lagos and give it an astute and stable monarchy with the wise chiefs like Obanikoro, Eletu Odibo and others that followed the first Eleko from Benin.

Same with Warri and other monarchs who are comfortable admitting their Benin origin.

Why people immediately think of inferiority when historical truth is mentioned.

So if tomorrow my children or grandchildren are doing well, should I deny them? Nope. Only a very evil father would do that.
By the way watch it on YouTube where Oba Akiolu acknowledges Oba Ewuare as his father.

By virtue of occupying the common ancestral throne. That does not signify inferiority or superiority in modern times. It shows historical awareness.

Bini ? Lol ! Who recognises any Bini in the scheme of things ? Please face front ! I even thought I was having a discourse with a better Nigerian. Bini ko,Edo ni ! Which useless war camp was set up by your idiot grandfathers ? Akiolu can claim to be a descendant of uthman Dan fodio that does not change the fact that Lagos is a Yoruba city. Kiss the truth or hug any nearby electric transformer.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by thundafire: 7:00pm On May 09, 2020
bamidelee:

Am interested in your tribe pls, am only been factual.
crossriver
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2020
Dirpetaner:

In short Lagos belongs to ibos abi? While Abuja belongs to Ibos too? Oun to daa wu ole. Anyway I'm a Yoruba man i never claim Abuja. But ibo will claim south south, lagos and even Abuja ahah pray against coveting your brothers properties.
U are just pained ...I said what I said ..yorubas didn't develop Lagos ...the whole Nigeria developed Lagos just like we are developing Abuja ...if u don't understand it that's your business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by allcomage: 7:13pm On May 09, 2020
Davicl:
When ever I see an igboman building mansion and all out side igboman land like Southwest or northern part, I only shake head for them, because they av refuse to learn from history.
Stop that crab.Nigerians have houses in UK, Dubai, USA, South Africa etc. Poverty is really your challenge. Dangote is building multibillion dollar refinery and every body is hailing him,why didn't he build it in kano? Stop making noise here.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by AreaFada2: 7:26pm On May 09, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Bini ? Lol ! Who recognises any Bini in the scheme of things ? Please face front ! I even thought I was having a discourse with a better Nigerian. Bini ko,Edo ni ! Which useless war camp was set up by your idiot grandfathers ? Akiolu can claim to be a descendant of uthman Dan fodio that does not change the fact that Lagos is a Yoruba city. Kiss the truth or hug any nearby electric transformer.

Ah, just another agbero claiming Lagos Yoruba, sophisticated, educated, cultured, accommodating, omoluabi, claimig to know more than Lagos royal family, etc etc. cheesy grin

Possibly very a very remote village in State of Osun. grin cheesy
It must be painful to see others not roll in the mud with you.

It seems you guys have an M.A. in Bad Mannerology. Sophistication at its peak.

Thank God you said Benin is not relevant in the scheme of things. Certainly not in a country that is the capital of poverty. That's how great you guys relevant have made Nigeria. grin cheesy

Of late, you guys are now the ones waking your ancestors up with a slide tackle. Only such a wayward person can insult ancestors of other people.

Omoluabi indeed. grin grin cheesy
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Jeamillz2020(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2020
One day I will make history too cos this man have made name for himself One day I will make history too cos this man have made name for himself One day I will make history too cos this man have made name for himself
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by spy24(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2020
sarrki:
Every other state or region learn from Lagos

Lagos is the leader

Any political leader in Lagos is the head of modern day leader

Argue with prove from your region or state of origin
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria before
When will u people get that

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dr Chike Akunyili: Graphic Photo Of Murdered Dora Akunyili's Husband / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.