Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) (99393 Views)

Abiola, Oba Oyekan At The Crowning Of Tinubu As Asiwaju Of Lagos (Throwback Pic) / Bukola Saraki With Classmates In Kings College, Lagos (Throwback Photo) / Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha Road Under Reconstruction By Julius Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 10:06pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
In 1863 the British established the Lagos Town Improvement Ordinance,with the aim of controlling the physical development of the town and surrounding territory. So is not like the yoruba's are the once who developed Lagos.

Sir,
Go and read kosoko letters with the portuguese. It is clear that Lagos was already a prominent city before English colonists arrived.

Find and read the letters and reflect on the kind of place Lagos was.

Get sense!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by JAMO84: 10:11pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

Yoruba claiming Lagos is like north claiming Abuja

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Lagos is Nigerian project and that's a fact
Story

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 08, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you're the one displaying the highest form of buffonery claiming another man's land as yours. Go and develop onitsha to world class standards
Igbo spoilt the economy of this country by making this country a dumping ground of fake and substandard products.
All in the name of been smart, they destroyed the economy. Posterity would judge you guys.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by eniwel8: 10:22pm On May 08, 2020
Do you know you can sit at the comfort of your home and make cool cash with just #500? This is not ponzi nor MNM.......all you do is read news, share advert on your Facebook page and get paid.......daily payment and weekly payment is available. Click on the link below to join my WhatsApp group.
https:///DAlAzyw5SP26qsqKEGTzaG
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 08, 2020
thundafire:
shut up,a wise government will not put all it's eggs in one basket, because y don't the Federal government make calabar orts,rivers and Delta too work and see how Lagos will be empty
It's simple develop your region and stop coming to Lagos.
What most of you chest beaters don't know is, your elites can't call for secession, their properties are all over the country. Ask yourself, how many Yoruba or Hausa have properties in your region? Be sincere with yourself, it's almost zero.
You can't survive without Lagos even if all your ports are fully functional.
Ask greenlife pharmaceutical et al, Coscharis and other's to leave Lagos to village, aye won ta niyen.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 10:31pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Where is my comment did I say that ...I'm talking about how Nigeria developed Lagos n not yorubas u are talking another thing

Why Yorubas always claim that they developed Lagos is because Lagos was already developed as per the standard then before the Whites got interested in Lagos and made it the capital.
Moreso,it was only Lagos Island with only 5 local govts until fed govt took 15 more local govts from western region and added it to Lagos.
Abuja cannot be compared to Lagos because it is a barren land,a kind of parasite.
Without Nigeria,Yorubas would have grown Lagos even more than this.
Ibadan which had no port was developed by Yorubas then to become one of the most developed place in Africa even more than Lagos until Aguiyi Irons stepped in with envy.The rest is history.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:36pm On May 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Sir,
Go and read kosoko letters with the portuguese. It is clear that Lagos was already a prominent city before English colonists arrived.

Find and read the letters and reflect on the kind of place Lagos was.

Get sense!

kosoko letters also pointed to the fact that Brazilian traders helped in the development of lagos, because of its importance in the slave trade business. My point is stop making it look like the yoruba's developed Lagos single handedly.

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by LZAA: 10:39pm On May 08, 2020
Racoon:

You hallucinate about Lagos a lot.Quiet all Lagos is the forerunner of modern Nigeria because of it appealing physical, economic and administrative features back then from the pre & post colonial days.

Meanwhile dont forget it was the mostly developed because it was the former capital of Nigeria for a very long time.As for leadership trait, Late Tafawa Balewa, President Umaru Yar'Addua, that governed Nigeria well in Lagos are not from the state.
Gbam
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you crazy. Lagos can survive without the FG if Nigeria dissolves today. Infact FG stopped allocation s for four years to Lagos and Lagos survived. Question is can Abuja survive without a federal allocation today ??
if Nigeria dissolves today...the seaport in Port Harcourt will work fully, major oil companies would be compiled to relocate their headquarters to the oil producing regions. Where will Lagos get money from? Tourism?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 10:42pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
kosoko letters also pointed to the fact that Brazilian traders helped in the development of lagos, because of its importance in the slave trade business. My point is stop making it look like the yoruba's developed Lagos single handedly.

Yorubas developed Lagos. Others came to partner and trade with them because their land offered what others lacked.

Simple!

If you develop yourself others take interest in you. If you do not they look elsewhere.

Get sense!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 10:43pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
if Nigeria dissolves today...there will be seaports in Port Harcourt and Calabar. A

There a seaports ....and there are SEAPORTS!

grin

Lagos is a SEAPORT!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Ikennamurphy: 10:45pm On May 08, 2020
sarrki:
Every other state or region learn from Lagos

Lagos is the leader

Any political leader in Lagos is the head of modern day leader

Argue with prove from your region or state of origin
Even u from osogbo is talking..most of u aren't proud of your state's again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 10:49pm On May 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Why Yorubas always claim that they developed Lagos is because Lagos was already developed as per the standard then before the Whites got interested in Lagos and made it the capital.
Moreso,it was only Lagos Island with only 5 local govts until fed govt took 15 more local govts from western region and added it to Lagos.
Abuja cannot be compared to Lagos because it is a barren land,a kind of parasite.
Without Nigeria,Yorubas would have grown Lagos even more than this.
Ibadan which had no port was developed by Yorubas then to become one of the most developed place in Africa even more than Lagos until Aguiyi Irons stepped in with envy.The rest is history.

Dont mind them abeg. grin

Their envy of Lagos get as e be.

They forget Yoruba developed Ibadan.

Yoruba developed old Oyo, which Sultan Bello gloated over in his narration to Clapperton when asked about Kingdoms in the hinterland. He described it like one would describe paradise.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 11:11pm On May 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Dont mind them abeg. grin

Their envy of Lagos get as e be.

They forget Yoruba developed Ibadan.

Yoruba developed old Oyo, which Sultan Bello gloated over in his narration to Clapperton when asked about Kingdoms in the hinterland. He described it like one would describe paradise.

One was telling me that he had a stake in Lagos because he bought a land.

I showed him what Igbos that are more intelligent than him know about not having anything if the land is not ancestral to him especially in another nation.It may be revoked by the Yorubas anytime.
Yoruba too have belongings all over Nigeria but they do it intelligently. . Tayo Amusan has polo park,the biggest mall in Igboland,there is chicken republic in Anambra,Pro force in PH,Yorubas are the largest estate developers in Abuja with their eyes on the profit,a Yorubaman has the second biggest farm in Nigeria in the North. etc.

Igbos should learn from people who are more intelligent than them like the Yorubas and the Whites who do not develop other regions than their own region.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2020
bamidelee:

Sarrki, you like shaking tablesss. Let ipob catch you.

Just stating the facts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 11:15pm On May 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

One was telling me that he had a stake in Lagos because he bought a land.

I showed him what Igbos that are more intelligent than him know about not having anything if the land is not ancestral to him especially in another nation.It may be revoked by the Yorubas anytime.
Yoruba too have belongings all over Nigeria but they do it intelligently. . Tayo Amusan has polo park,the biggest mall in Igboland,there is chicken republic in Anambra,Pro force in PH,Yorubas are the largest estate developers in Abuja with their eyes on the profit.

Igbos should learn from people who are more intelligent than them like the Yorubas and the Whites who do not develop other regions than their own region.

Thats because their desire is to be land owners. Unfortunately they can only be "property owners"......not land owners. The two are not the same. grin

They own the property on the land....Yoruba owns the land.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by porthouse7(f): 11:24pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

U mean the side of ogun Lagos flowed into ....abuja helped development of some part of Niger and nassarawa states too so it's no big deal

There are far more igbos in the north than south west ....we go where the people are either not smart or too lazy to take the opportunity in their place simple
stay home and develop home, stop getting attached to Lagos, abuja as it look na Hausa land

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Powerintoxicate: 11:44pm On May 08, 2020
ruggedtimi:
if Nigeria dissolves today...the seaport in Port Harcourt will work fully, major oil companies would be compiled to relocate their headquarters to the oil producing regions. Where will Lagos get money from? Tourism?
who told you port Harcourt will go with your fictional Biafra? You think the Niger Delta are stupid? Biafra is a hell of a location erosion prone and landlocked. That's why the dream of every igbo man is to leave the southeast and immigrate to the southwest or the north . Jokers

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Gabkosh: 11:54pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Where is my comment did I say that ...I'm talking about how Nigeria developed Lagos n not yorubas u are talking another thing
Sharap, yorubas developed Lagos.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Gabkosh: 11:58pm On May 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros we done burst this lie before na ...eastern region was far the fastest developing ...and Lagos was not part of Western region bro

People only pay for two things ignorance and laziness ....I want to Eat I can cook but buy food ..I'm paying for my laziness ...if I can't cook I'm paying for my ignorance ...that's how business works ....

How would u know ...u think laziness n ignorance was an abuse ...get lost anumpam
Allow me to laugh kikikikiki, Can you tell us how Eastern region was the fast developing then grin. The skyscraper, oh, the first university, oh I forgot, you had the first television. Maybe you can tell us here. cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Gabkosh: 12:00am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

The day u try Jack ...that day we would send all of u back to ibadan
Kikikiki, Fashola tried it. They only thing you did was cried to ICC grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 12:00am On May 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Thats because their desire is to be land owners. Unfortunately they can only be "property owners"......not land owners. The two are not the same. grin

They own the property on the land....Yoruba owns the land.

Exactly. They have forgotten abandoned properties so soon.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Gabkosh: 12:01am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

When u get lever try am ..we go annex south west turn am to farm land
As you did in the past but still wailing how yorubas dealt with you till today.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Gabkosh: 12:02am On May 09, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

You never build 2nd niger bridge for igboland ooo, yet you wan turn Lagos farmland
Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 12:06am On May 09, 2020
Gabkosh:
As you did in the past but still wailing how yorubas dealt with you till today.

Battalions of Biafran army were defeated by just less than 200 Yoruba soldiers at Ore.
Very cowardly Biafrans grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Obamaofusa: 12:12am On May 09, 2020
ruggedtimi:

Where did Ibadan even without port,get money from to be the most developed then?
Yorubas have done it before, they will do it again.Igbos are the ones who should be worried,always relying on Yorubas to grow.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Nobody: 12:18am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

Yoruba claiming Lagos is like north claiming Abuja

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Lagos is Nigerian project and that's a fact

Okay, but fake jews are not Nigerian and they’ll never be Nigerian. You burnt that bridge a long time ago.

5 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 12:21am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Nigeria developed everywhere Lagos was able to maintain and sustain

Can you say that of all other state

4 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by sarrki(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Even u from osogbo is talking..most of u aren't proud of your state's again

Why are biafrans more interested in Nigeria matter than the real Naija?

4 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Ikennamurphy: 12:25am On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

Why are biafrans more interested in Nigeria matter than the real Naija?
Which Nigeria...who is real in a zoo..
U or monkeys.. laughing badly cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MetaPhysical: 12:30am On May 09, 2020
Bloody bigots!

4 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by nobaga: 12:34am On May 09, 2020
So in 2020 some people are still going round saying that the British developed Africa.

The British developed Ghana.

The British developed Nigeria.

The British developed LAGOS.

Africans are saying this in the year 2020.

No wonder this generation is still jumping from frying pan to fire. Your parents exchanged gold for mirrors for this "development" O.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dr Chike Akunyili: Graphic Photo Of Murdered Dora Akunyili's Husband / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.