Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) (99427 Views)

Abiola, Oba Oyekan At The Crowning Of Tinubu As Asiwaju Of Lagos (Throwback Pic) / Bukola Saraki With Classmates In Kings College, Lagos (Throwback Photo) / Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha Road Under Reconstruction By Julius Berger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by jneutron4000: 9:23am On May 09, 2020
Ibos are shameless, how can you lie that you developed someone's else land while erosion is ravaging yours
Thank God this Yoruba generation are awoken, because with the ways Ibos spread lie, they might tell the Yoruba next generation that they are the ones that build Eko atlantic city.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by tete7000(m): 9:23am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

Yoruba claiming Lagos is like north claiming Abuja

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Lagos is Nigerian project and that's a fact

Have you ever been to those yoruba cities you mentioned or you just sit down in your village and talk ignorantly. If I may ask, where do you know in Ibadan or abeokuta that gave you confidence to spew that nonsense?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Firstly Lagos can survive because over 70 years investment by all Nigerians ...it's not a Yoruba thing ....in the next 30 years Abuja would survive without federal allocation it's not a northern project

Secondly there was never a time Lagos State allocation was withheld never ...it was local government allocation and it has happened to bayelsa too ...when u create local government without federal approval that's what u get .....

There is internet verify lies they told ...no body they believe Yoruba propaganda again

When were you born?

6 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by diplomat058(m): 9:25am On May 09, 2020
Bahamas95:
I always hear people say West Germany and am kinda confuse. Are they differentiating it from another Germany like South Korea/ North Korea for instance?

Someone should please enlighten me.
Germany was partitioned after the second world war, becoming separate countries: communist East and capitalist West. They carried on like that till 1989 when Germans broke the barriers (Berlin Wall built to partition them) and unified themselves into a single nation.

That event effectively enabled the rapid collapsing of the Soviet Empire and global communism.

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Murketeer: 9:25am On May 09, 2020
This Nairaland Sucks now ....All we see on Nairaland these days are Yoruba vs Igbo e-tribal wars ...they never get tired....Insult each other all day and throw so much Hate at each other, turn Very interesting topics to their Useless fights ...The owners and controllers of this forum even tend to be enjoying it ...A time will come when alot of people will leave this forum if something is not done about this... angry

11 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Karlifate: 9:26am On May 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Lagos had been a contender on the West African coast for ages.

Why did Benin leave nearby Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri to go enter partnership in far away Lagos?

Calabar was the first capital of Amalgamated Nigeria, not Lagos. Why did colonial administrators packed up from Calabar to go into Lagos?

Lagos is older Nigeria
Lagos has always been developed before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been rich before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been beautiful before Nigeria.

Get sense or I school you! grin

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2020
Racoon:
The is what Sarrki does not understand and accept.Nigeria built Lagos, Abuja.

Lagos built Nigeria but Nigeria built Abuja

3 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tulsaguy: 9:26am On May 09, 2020
TodayNAlways:
The other day I saw a video of transport system in Lagos dated back to early 60s. I wept after watching that video. Literally, there's no difference between Nigeria of 60 years ago and Nigeria of today. No progress, no development. Pathetic!!!

please help me with the link to the video...
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Urchman200: 9:28am On May 09, 2020
Olachase:
so when will ur own village become Nigeria project too, is Ogun not Yoruba land what are ur people doing there, if I may ask since Lagos is no man land when will people from ur village become the govern of Lagos state? well with the look of things seems u are Igbo inside the east and not Igbo outside the east.
most of u are seriously having headache on issues u guy's have no choice about, whatever u think Lagos has become 60% is the contribution of an average igboman, I pray one day the country will divide so that the easterners will look home,let see what become of Lagos, igboman will make money in China and bring to Lagos, Malaysia, USA, Turkey, south Africa and other countries where igboman has continued to establish himself he will bring to Lagos and call it home.

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrkings84(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lagos was built by Nigeria ...all major project was carried out by the federal government 3rd mainland bridge to the airport to the seaport

If yorubas was hospitable as they want us to believe ...none yorubas would full ibadan ,abiokuta and other yoruba cities but that's not the case

Why are u restating the very obvious... Even the dumbest person in my village knows that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by 007inc: 9:30am On May 09, 2020
sarrki:

I hardly engage Kanu supporter
He stated the obvious. You just an ethnic jingoist !
Lagos belongs to everyone that is why it difficult for the Yorubas to claim it. The Igbos habe already bought 85% of Lagos including the waters.
If the Capital of Nigeria was sighted at a different location, Lagos might not be what it is.
I repeat nobody can lay claim to Lagos, not even the Yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Karlifate: 9:31am On May 09, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Lagos had been a contender on the West African coast for ages.

Why did Benin leave nearby Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri to go enter partnership in far away Lagos?

Calabar was the first capital of Amalgamated Nigeria, not Lagos. Why did colonial administrators packed up from Calabar to go into Lagos?

Lagos is older Nigeria
Lagos has always been developed before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been rich before Nigeria.
Lagos has always been beautiful before Nigeria.

Get sense or I school you! grin
You make sense.

I'm really amused by some foolish & sentimental comments about Lagos.
Where did they put Lokoja that was once the capital of the British Northern Protectorate & Calabar that was the capital of the then Southern Protectorate.

Nairaland is now the home of e-Tribal bigots.

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by abduljabbar4(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2020
Kyase:
this thing wey you just type make one man call ee igbo worker sack am....... you just sack your brother

That's Igbo for you. He admits that he is benefiting from the north, but he had to accompany it with an insult to them. Same thing they are doing in other parts of Nigeria and even Africa. They reward hospitality with ingratitude and disrespect.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by apexc255: 9:33am On May 09, 2020
[color=#] 3154392[/color]
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Karlifate: 9:37am On May 09, 2020
According to the Geo-political zones in Nigeria, Lagos belong to the South-West (equivalent to Yorubas) just as Kwara belongs to the North-Central.

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Taway(m): 9:40am On May 09, 2020
Printerscanner:
And their latest and most prominent is the 2nd Niger Bridge, abandoned by all but built by the people's general.

The 2nd Niger Bridge was abandoned so as to build Almajiri schools in the North. Although the Almajiri school buildings were completed, however, the people's General abandoned the scheme for rats and cockroaches till date. So, abandonment of projects is a Nigerian sickness. Do not praise any leader yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Oguieke(m): 9:41am On May 09, 2020
viccipedia:
The first two comments are from delinquents.
delinquents&juveniles brekete 4 nairaland
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by pasol4real(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2020
Olachase:
so when will ur own village become Nigeria project too, is Ogun not Yoruba land what are ur people doing there, if I may ask since Lagos is no man land when will people from ur village become the govern of Lagos state? well with the look of things seems u are Igbo inside the east and not Igbo outside the east.
Marginalization is the key word
We don’t need Nigeria to help us develop our land
We want to develop our land ourself
Give us BIAFRA.....

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by TruthDefender(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2020
Morons everywhere...

Of course without Nigeria, Lagos will be another Calabar.. Nigeria made Lagos what it is.

Or are you saying New york was built by only new yorkers without US federal dollars ?? same for London, Paris, Tokyo , Johannesburg,Cairo etc.. ??

Only the people from those cities built it alone without involvement from their nationl governments Morons...

Spits ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by BigTableShaker(f): 9:46am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Igbo amaka!

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Moboj: 9:46am On May 09, 2020
Urchman200:
, I pray one day the country will divide so that the easterners will look home,let see what become of Lagos, igboman will make money in China and bring to Lagos, Malaysia, USA, Turkey, south Africa and other countries where igboman has continued to establish himself he will bring to Lagos and call it home.
Maybe you're right,maybe you're not but why can't the Igbo man just carry his money to his real Home?
I think that says deep of what he thinks about his own real Home

5 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by pasol4real(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2020
Karlifate:

You make sense!
I'm really amused by some foolish & sentimental comments about Lagos. Where did they put Lokoja that was once the capital of the British Northern Protectorate & Calabar that was the capital of the then Southern Proctectorate.
Nairaland is now the home of e-Tribal bigots.
Instead of u tell him Lagos was the first capital of amalgamated Nigeria , you are here talking trash.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Dankey(m): 9:49am On May 09, 2020
Tribal bigot all over ...I weep for ��

2 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by mrvitalis(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2020
sweetjohn:
Yorubas are really nice people, they are hospitable truely bro. I criticised them too sometimes o especially in politics. But the only thing that irritate me about them is there "unstable mind", they are unstable as water. this instability makes them double standard.
All this Lagos born igbos ..go n live in ibadan
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Kevsmart88(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2020
Reading all these comments just goes to validate an already overflogged subject of discourse-Nigeria has never been and will never be one. Ofcourse you can't merge people with different ideologies and expect them to cohabit peacefully. But the more painful aspect of the whole drama is the fact that this generation which ordinarily you would think educated and exposed enough to shun the ethnic undertones and forge a formidable partnership for a greater good are the chief propagators of this nonsense called ethic bigotry. Enough has been said already, Lagos belongs to the yorubas and that's final. We Ibos never learn. The future is bleak, call me a prophet of doom if you so please.

1 Like

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tonniex: 9:56am On May 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by MasterJayJay: 9:57am On May 09, 2020
The topic is about Julius Berger which is a private company.

They have turned the thread to tribal war. None of them have any shares in Julius Berger.
I don't understand why most Nigerians behave like monkeys.

4 Likes

Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tumm(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2020
TodayNAlways:
The other day I saw a video of transport system in Lagos dated back to early 60s. I wept after watching that video. Literally, there's no difference between Nigeria of 60 years ago and Nigeria of today. No progress, no development. Pathetic!!!

That video definitely is in black and white.
Today, after 60 years, we can make videos in colours.
#Progress
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Tonniex: 9:58am On May 09, 2020
correct fact!
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by OOSmilling(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

You never build 2nd niger bridge for igboland ooo, yet you wan turn Lagos farmland
why ibo and yoruba people always disagree with one and another. hausa and fulani ppl no dey reason una matter. but during election time dey troop out en mass. dis rivary btw ibo and yoruba should stop. d two tribes should support each other,where one is weak d other is strong,where one is strong d other is weak dat is it.
Re: The First Project By Julius Berger In Nigeria 1965 Was In Lagos (Throwback Pic) by Davicl: 9:59am On May 09, 2020
When ever I see an igboman building mansion and all out side igboman land like Southwest or northern part, I only shake head for them, because they av refuse to learn from history.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dr Chike Akunyili: Graphic Photo Of Murdered Dora Akunyili's Husband / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.