Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC (106424 Views)

Nigerians Got Richer As Income Per Capita Surges To $5,250 In 2021 - World Bank / How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita-tvc News / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Asour: 1:26pm On May 09, 2020
Brilliant piece.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Mordson: 1:28pm On May 09, 2020
Lovelyn451:
ee ye

Wow! Nice! Nice to meet my sister here. kiss

I bi n'Anambra?
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Ouchbabe(f): 1:35pm On May 09, 2020
totit:

Mumu? More like you've become so helpless and couldn't figure out how to defend your claims hence you resort to insult.

This was the question grin

The bolded, how did you know that? I want to guess...hmmmm.. By sight, assumptions, imagination, or rather, you had access to their bank accounts?

Waiting..... cheesy
I hope you are sitting while waiting because you will wait for a loooooooong time grin grin grin
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by One4me: 1:36pm On May 09, 2020
I bet they dont have to investigate where most of the money came from.
Rituals, Kidnapping, Fake Spare Parts, Armed Robbery, Drug smuggling, Baby factory, just name it.

Blood Money everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Mordson: 1:37pm On May 09, 2020
pheelhip:

Nnewi and Blood money
a frnd from Nnewi told me that Nnewi people and blood money no be from here. Few of them made it Legitly without going into blood money. they will disguise because they dont want to help their people. such life.

I went to another place called Igbariam, you will see a young boy of 22 building a mansion in the village and riding bike upan_down. during Christmas you will see money on the floor at all corners, you dere not pick it.

we celebrate working smartly and not blood money making measures
#fact

You celebrate working smartly? Who is the 'we'? Look, if you're Yoruba, especially from Ogun and Oyo state, known for conc blood money ritual, and yet you're spewing this trash, then you need to have your cranial cavity examined. Seriously.

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by tunary(m): 1:37pm On May 09, 2020
adadike:
Nnewi and ihiala but honestly, na Nnewi carry am. The day I went for my cousins' baby shower, chimo! .I missed my way , got directed to the landlord's personal house instead. Kai , I almost mistook the landlord for the gateman . The landlord was sitting at the gate, with bathroom slippers , Nokia torch and one bottle of hero beer. He told me plainly that he have so many houses for tenants, which particular one are you looking for? Ndi Nnewi, I throway yansh for una! Unu diegwu!!!
I love the Igbo people so much, they are source of inspiration

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by totit: 1:39pm On May 09, 2020
Ouchbabe:

I hope you are sitting while waiting because you will wait for a loooooooong time grin grin grin

Let's focus on the OP. grin cool
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by buklarbest: 1:47pm On May 09, 2020
And this is news abi
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Makuos19: 1:50pm On May 09, 2020
wisdomkid:

Nawa oh, you see breast not face, and automatically want to marry.. grin grin grin grin
He saw packaged breast
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Rodwave: 1:55pm On May 09, 2020
LordShiva97:

What's wrong with what the dude said huh, not every Southeasterner is pro-biafran and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that?

His advise is sound and wise though.

What has Biafra got to do with my post. It's like you just finished a wrap before posting this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Obidiugwu: 1:57pm On May 09, 2020
Its a known fact,I'm from Nnewi,you hardly see anyone who is poor because we believe in hardworking and helping each other especially in importation business.
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five

3 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by benny4wax(m): 2:01pm On May 09, 2020
I am from the South East doesn't make me Igbo. My dad is Ikwere while my mom is Idoma does that make me an Igbo?
Balogunodua:
Benny4wax changing your tribe like someone changing currence won't help you win an argument on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5759879/criticize-president-buhari-dont-insult/9#87846263 you said you are Igbo : now you are claiming Idoma tomorrow it will be Igala grin

Cc totit
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by jom28gy(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2020
NA God's gift
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Dottore: 2:13pm On May 09, 2020
Ritchiee:

grin
A verifiable fact from the mouth of an Igbo?

Wherever have the Igbos been able to excel in business other than the few in Nigeria?

This petty trading thing has gotten into your heads that you even call it business and chest beat about it.Very funny because nobody knows you as successful business people except the petty trading you do in large numbers.

Your professed petty trading is not so lucrative,reason you have large number of people doing rituals,baby factory,stealing,kidnapping,human trafficking, North female kidnappings... which is new....,skull mining,serious drug trade,counterfeit goods....name the crime,Igbos are there.
Yorubas are thieves,skull miners,fraudsters too but Igbos are top notch in crimes and they are always creating new crimes everyday.
Do you think their trading is paying off?

Why are they so much in crime if they are real business people?

If they are as good as Yorubas in business,why are they not making it abroad like the Yorubas?

Yorubas have great business people very much greater than Igbos.....if they even have any.....abroad.

Yorubas have the most successful Nigerians abroad who have made names and wealth in their endeavors.People like Dehinde Fernandez,Bayo Ogunlesi,Las Lawal,Akande,Hakeem Olajuwon etc.

Don't you think Yorubas are better in business than the Igbos because they have, been more successful both at home and abroad than the Igbo?

Yorubas have massive industries in Nigeria that have branches even in Europe,Africa etc.

Yorubas have audio businesses abroad.
The evidence of success is not by making speculative posts but by making a quantifiable assessment of the two regions. Apart from Lagos and Ogun which other of the 6 S West states can compare with any any of the 5 States in South East. Mud houses, colonial age building and brown roofs are littered everywhere in South western states. You can't measure success by having one millionaire per 2 million populace.

The millionnaire south east traders you see in Nigeria are actually illiterates yet they are making serious entrepreneurs. Compare them with their counterparts in other tribes and you'd see how far Igbos have gone very far. The ones in other tribes are either doing omonile, agbero, thuggery etc.

It's more commensurate when you have more than 50percent and promising potentials as is obtainable in Igbo land. The poverty level on SW is very high and your political elites say it openly. Deal with that and argue with your keyboard.

5 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Razy75g: 2:25pm On May 09, 2020
Awol1:

It's a documentary by TVC, a Yoruba owned TV station.

Are you in sifia pain?
don't mind the idiott
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by LordShiva97(m): 2:32pm On May 09, 2020
Rodwave:

What has Biafra got to do with my post. It's like you just finished a wrap before posting this nonsense.

Sorry, that quote was a mistake. Kindly ignore please.
And yes, I have been smoking some things embarassed
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Mizwisdom(f): 2:32pm On May 09, 2020
iSlayer2:

Go there and see for yourself. Stop keeping your females in bondage

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 09, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I really don’t know why you people cannot see a thread or news report giving Igbos kudos for anything, and just ignore it if it rubs you up the wrong way due to you innate bigotry!

Just read what you posted again and tell me how Igbos are less ‘narcissistic and flawed’ than say your own ethnic group! Unless of course you’re a non Nigerian!

I keep on telling my people that we cannot continue living in the same country with bitter, hateful bigots like you and hope to reach our full potential as a people! Evil people like you feel your life is not meaningful and complete if you perceive Igbos to be more successful than you in anything!

You’re truly troubled mate!

But...i never mentioned any tribes name...what da hell would you assume am speaking about Igbos grin . But seriously, I just wonder how you guys perceive everybody as enemies and jealous of ur success grin You know, it ain't good to be overly paranoid

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Legendguru: 2:36pm On May 09, 2020
Oh
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Mizwisdom(f): 2:38pm On May 09, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
You are known here for attacking the Igbos maybe because of your faith and I can tell you that I know most of you here,

You are asking a lady here why she is celebrating a Landlord whereas there is no Landlady?

What is your concern about that? I'm an Nnewi man and I can feed your questions with the right answers if you can drop your bigotry and ask them without hate

No, I'm not attacking your people, we are neighbors. It's just that I can see the injustice going on but somehow you people have hood winked your females. Here we own land and properties but our neighbors boast about their men owning all the land and property and I can't seem to phathom whether she doesn't see herself as worth it or she's not a human being eligible to own these things too.

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Rodwave: 2:40pm On May 09, 2020
LordShiva97:

Sorry, that quote was a mistake. Kindly ignore please.
And yes, I have been smoking some things embarassed

Lol
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by martinsaba: 2:42pm On May 09, 2020
The creativity of ibos business wise need to be studied in school

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by mannyiyke: 2:44pm On May 09, 2020
Nbote:
Seriuosly Nnewi and Neni in Anambra state are something else
Neni kwa! Even Oraukwu has more millionaires than Neni. As for Nnewi, it's true that they have the largest number of millionaires.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by JADEK01(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lol
Am here waiting for ogbomosho twisters
ogbomosho can’t be left out
His among the top ten
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Keketu(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2020
adadike:
Nnewi and ihiala but honestly, na Nnewi carry am. The day I went for my cousins' baby shower, chimo! .I missed my way , got directed to the landlord's personal house instead. Kai , I almost mistook the landlord for the gateman . The landlord was sitting at the gate, with bathroom slippers , Nokia torch and one bottle of hero beer. He told me plainly that he have so many houses for tenants, which particular one are you looking for? Ndi Nnewi, I throway yansh for una! Unu diegwu!!!
hi can you throw for me too? shocked

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by ariwoko205(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2020
nnewi her we come
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by jetroolowole(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2020
Eye opener. I remember then one of my igbo friend nickname was Nnewi. Till today I still call him such but I don't really know the meaning except that it's a city name. The only thing I remember was he use to come to school with a lot of cash lavishing it on boys. Now I think I know why he was nicknamed that.
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by One4me: 3:10pm On May 09, 2020
Noel19:

Who dey press your MUMU button?

Tinubu! Igbos are too Republican in nature. We are not like you people that can be bought with #50 naira Agege bread, ask Lagos speaker, Obasa.

Very Republican no doubt, and as smart and crooked as Republican Donald Trump grin grin grin
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Saintinoo(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2020
Focusmind:
Millionaire town yet it is still one of the worst city to live in.

Our focus should be on the livelibility of cities and not on the number of each self - made millionaires there.

The town is too congested, highly disorganised, poor road network, crude infrastructure and highly polluted.

These are not peculiar to Nnewi but common features of a typical Nigerian town or city.
Then what is your point?

1 Like

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by CanineOfJackal: 3:14pm On May 09, 2020
Mizwisdom:

No, I'm not attacking your people, we are neighbors. It's just that I can see the injustice going on but somehow you people have hood winked your females. Here we own land and properties but our neighbors boast about their men owning all the land and property and I can't seem to phathom whether she doesn't see herself as worth it or she's not a human being eligible to own these things too.

In igbo customary law and culture, the man have inheritance to land because they see them as successors to the family name.

Women are always believed to be married out so will start their own families with their hubby.

Our culture differs and we need to respect our differences. Women still have a big role they play in our culture and they are called the Umuada or Umuokpu. They are mean when it comes to solving family issues
Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 09, 2020
totit:

And....all of a sudden ' four storey buildings " is now your yardstick. I didn't know that people don't build 4 storey buildings in Lagos, Kanu, Abuja and or another part of Nigeria, right?? cheesy

It seems you don't have anything else doing with your life at the moment other than countering people's comment.

I sincerely hope you're earning a living from it otherwise it's such a shame...

2 Likes

Re: How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC by AsawanaDgreat: 3:31pm On May 09, 2020
Confirmed no doubt about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts / Discussions: Season 24 / Transport And Haulage Business / Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.