Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship - Culture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship (25179 Views)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 8:48am On Jun 13, 2020
babtoundey:

All phones.. You're an irredeemable liar. Kuku say your phone does it.

See mumu
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 8:52am On Jun 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Why e be say na only your phone does it?

TAO11 stupidity don enter una head
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
From Usen Development Foundation website: The People Of ODE AWURE
(USEN)
"Usenland originated as a farmstead about the tenth
century A.D. It was founded by some indigenes of
Ile-Ife, who migrated to settle on the well-drained
and fertile plain of the present Odomukpe quarters
of the town. The leader of these first settlers was
called Oyebo. He was a farmer and a famous
hunter who was very eager to kill any game in the
gigantic forest where he settled. Tradition has it
that during one of his expeditions he discovered a
stream which he named ERI-ODE (the hunter’s
stream) the stream is now commonly called
EREDE. The stream was later believed to have
some mystical powers. It was accordingly deified.
Erede is one of the most revered deities that are
worshipped by the people of Usen.
Oyebo was an elegant man, he was hardworking,
respectful, honest, and courageous. He had strong
affinity with Ile-Ife which made him to visit Ile-Ife
frequently and to persuade his co-settlers to
adhere strictly to the culture of Ile-Ife. The
prosperity, comfort and peace which he radiated
whenever he visited Ile-Ife attracted more indigenes
of Ife to the “new foundland”. The place expanded
and Oyebo and his co-settlers regarded it as an
extension of Ile-Ife and named it Ufe-kekere (Little
Ife).
He went to request the Olofen (Ooni of Ife) to send
one of his sons to rule over the settlement so as
to enhance its status among other settlements. It
was the practice in those days for Princes of Ife to
be sent out to rule in other settlements. The Ooni
obliged and gave the necessary regalia and staff of
office to one of his sons to become the traditional
ruler of the settlement. The new traditional ruler
took the title ALADIN.
On arrival at the settlement, he decided to change
the name “Ufe-Kekere” so that it would not conflict
with Ile-Ife his ancestral home. He considered the
place as a land of fortune and named it “Ode
Awure”. His royal highnessAladin thus became the
first OluAwure of Ode Awure. The current OluAwure,
His Majesty,OluOgbe II, is the thirty third (33rd)
OluAwure of OdeAwure (Usenland)."

This is from the Usen people themselves telling you their own origin. You Bini revisionists should stop being shameless for once. Geez!

Ok agreed they were Yoruba who got influenced by binis, they werr never included as binis in time past
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

You will cry blood on this one. grin

I'm glad you later agreed that he should be pitied for being stuck on this one.

Your application for Lagos indigenship has been torn to pieces. I am set to even burn the pieces.

Lagosian wanna-bes.

See mumu, if i come into the argument now your brothers will cry heaven and earth for yoursake
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

Etinosa1234 , abeg stop arguing Lagos matter with these people. They believe they know history of Lagos monarchy more than late Oba Oyekan and current Oba Akiolu. That tells you the people you are dealing with. It's like arguing with a random motor boy at Mushin who says he knows Dangflower more than Aliko Dangote. cheesy grin

Bro I don tire for them...

So tey one don say na political alliance we take control Lagos...
The one wey I dey follow argue nor get facts Again...she come dey change the words of my source...I Jus know say she don go out of steam...common yes or no..she dey write essay for persom
Abeg... arguing with Awori be like arguing with a mad man...people wey our father brainwash... according to Tao sha

Abeg I nor dey do again boss

3 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by babtoundey(m): 10:02am On Jun 13, 2020
Edeyoung:

TAO11 don finsh this one

Baba you're simply dumP. Who are you trying to deceive. Abeg, give the other phone back to your dad.
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Edeyoung: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Baba you're simply dumP. Who are you trying to deceive. Abeg, give the other phone back to your dad.

Dumb boy
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Lagos has had contact with the Portuguese as early as the 1400s when it was named Lago de Curamo. Just putting that out there.

Moreover, I am not aware of any 1603 account which says that Lagos was violently infiltrated and captured for royal conquest by the Binis. Which when and what does it say?

Furthermore, I am not aware of any 1603 account which says that an Edo man was imposed by Benin as king of Lagos.

Edeyoung

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Lagos has had contact with the Portuguese as early as the 1400s when it was named Lago de Curamo. Just putting that out there.

Moreover, I am not aware of any 1603 account which says that Lagos was violently infiltrated and captured for royal conquest by the Binis. Which when and what does it say?

Furthermore, I am not aware of any 1603 account which says that an Edo man was imposed by Benin as king of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

You're going in circles now perhaps because the issue I've been putting forward is way bigger than you. grin

The account about a certain Aina is even spurious. In order words, it doesn't belong to the official traditional account of either Benin or Lagos.

Moreover, even if we pretend it does, the problem still remains that its theme does not gel with the earliest eyewitness report -- Ulsheimer (1603).

This report indicates that the Binis have settled in Lagos pre-1603, and as such the conflict it talks about can not possibly be an imperial attempt to settle in Lagos and take it.

Moreover, the historical fact of the early begginings of European trade on the coast of Lagos (pre-1600) is an obvious corroboration to the beginnings of Benin's presence (an active participant in the coastal trade) in the region pre-1600. This is true for many other immigrant groups too apart from Benin.

The foregoing consideration of these two facts (i.e. the report of Ulsheimer(1603) and the early beginnings of European trade in Lagos) supports the aspect of the Lagos traditional account (and not the Benin traditional account) which holds that the settling in of the Binis et al. in Lagos [pre-1600s] was via a peaceful infiltration -- trade.

This same consideration also supports another aspect of the Lagos traditional account which holds that the [post-1600 ] conflicts in Lagos [one of which Ulsheimer(1603) talks about] relates simply to trade-induced violence.

Furthermore, while there is nothing in Ulsheimer's(1603) report about the first king of Lagos being a Bini; linguistic clues ("Ashipa" ) indicate that the first king of Lagos is of Yoruba descent. Moreover, an independent 1920s non-Yoruba and non-Bini account also confirms this about Ashipa being a Yoruba royalty from Isheri.

In addition to these, the custom of burying the kings' heads in Lagos and their remaining body in Benin although suggests connection with Benin (i.e. a maternal and a political connection as I have once shown), it does indeed confirm Lagos to be the paternal homeland of Lagos kings.

And the Benin traditional account finally finds its way to the dustbin.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
babtoundey:

Funny enough, your Gregboy moniker could not differentiate between "dumb" and "dump" and he repeatedly write "dump" instead of dumb. One would expect Edoyoung, a different entity, different person to be able to note the difference. But no. He too writes "dump" for "dumb".

What more evidence do I need to confirm Edoyoung is Gregboy and gregboy is Edoyoung?

Baba, you are the dumPEST to think people are dumb enough to buy into your deceit.

Dont mind that boy. He is just "dump". grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

If you push me to the edge, I will present even more damaging evidence to expose you as one and the same person.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

If you push me to the edge, I will present even more damaging evidence to expose you as one and the same person.

Mumu
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Mumu

Now, you've just pushed me. >: Lol.

(1) The following link relates to a thread you [as "gregyboy"] created on May 18 at 6:38 PM

https://www.nairaland.com/5866543/identify-benin-greetings-here#89693577

[See also 1st attached screenshots for evidence that you created this thread].

(2) As expected, your second moniker ["Edeyoung"] was not cc:ied because at that time you were still acting naturally, as there was no need to copy yourself. grin

[See 1st attached screenshot for evidence for this].

(3) (i) The thread was meant to be an invitation [from "gregyboy"] to all Edos/Binis to identify their native dialectal Edo forms of greeting.

(ii) You [as "gregyboy"] identified your native dialectal form of greeting.

[See 1st attached screenshot for evidence of this].

(iii) In fact, other Edos/Binis who commented on the thread all follwed suit and identified thier own native dialectal forms too -- except for one Edo/Bini monker who commented but didn't identify[/b]. Lol.

(v) This Edo/Bini account (who failed to identify) goes by the moniker "Edeyoung".

[See 2nd attached screenshot for this].

Could it be that Edeyoung didn't really pay attention to see the topic of the thread?? Lol.

Well, the context of his comment doesn't seem to support this suggestion.

(vi) Oh wait a minute!

Could it be that the person behind "Edeyoung" has already identified his native greeting under a different moniker ["gregyboy"], and was simply unintentionally submitting to natural psychological inclinations?? grin cheesy

(vii) As at now, Edeyoung's comment is the only comment on that thread from that moniker.

It is also the last comment on that thread.

(viii) Let's hope that after reading this, you will go back to that thread and make up some random native dialectal Edo greeting for Edeyoung. grin

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Now, youve just pushed me.

Comment to be modified in a while.

Take this article make you read

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost%3Fid%3D2971192%253ABlogPost%253A64583&ved=2ahUKEwiQ4Kqx5v7pAhUh2uAKHY84C6QQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw36LFVBWxhvJo4nv2TaMyCM&cshid=1592054596678

I dont know were you got your account of no military conquest by binis in lagos and we left our territory to be king in your fathers land and your people watched it happen

Mumu talk, be busy tracing edeyoung to me

That link will take you to the edo site that gives total credibility of benin influence influenced on lagos from 15000 till date...... And yes benin armies invaded lagos on war conquest

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Dont mind that boy. He is just "dump". grin

Lol funnny am rolling on the floor laughing hard

Dumb boy/girl

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost%3Fid%3D2971192%253ABlogPost%253A64583&ved=2ahUKEwiQ4Kqx5v7pAhUh2uAKHY84C6QQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw36LFVBWxhvJo4nv2TaMyCM&cshid=1592054596678

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by valirex: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Hayoholla, keep distance from these people. They are wicked. Theyve killed my car. I cant get it started. It was working fine. Keep away from them. Befoye you converse with Edo witcher chop plenty alligator pepper first so their strike can be deflected. Becareful, and dont touch any broom you see attached to a long stick, dont touch it.

You can thank us again grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Simply say you guys have gregy phobia

......... Lol

BabaRamota1980, macof, lawani,Olu317

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
valirex:

You can thank us again grin

I swear welcome back bro TAO11 has missed you

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by valirex: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

I swear welcome back bro TAO11 has missed you

Bro she no fit miss me we don break up smiley

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro I don tire for them...

So tey one don say na political alliance we take control Lagos...
The one wey I dey follow argue nor get facts Again...she come dey change the words of my source...I Jus know say she don go out of steam...common yes or no..she dey write essay for persom
Abeg... arguing with Awori be like arguing with a mad man...people wey our father brainwash... according to Tao sha

Abeg I nor dey do again boss

Nor mind her, she sabi type and lie.....

Just common yes or no, she go write full epistle
Just leave her for me bro make i still use her shine........

Another people come from no were with diff language, diff custom come rule una like that with no fight..... Does it make sense.....
She say na peaceful infiltration.......

TAO11 i know you are bored, bring another topic we already defeated you in this one......

Lets argue on olokun origin.......... Smile grin mumu girl i know say you dey happy now

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
valirex:

Bro she no fit miss me we don break up smiley

Lol, she still dey reason your matter guy, those moments you hanged her....
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

(1) The following link relates to a thread you [as "gregyboy"] created on May 18 at 6:38 PM

[See also 1st attached screenshots for evidence that you created this thread].

(2) As expected, your second moniker ["Edeyoung"] was not cc:ied because at that time you were still acting naturally, as there was no need to copy yourself. grin

(3) (i) The thread was meant to be an invitation [from "gregyboy"] to all Edos/Binis to identify their native dialectal Edo forms of greeting.

(iii) In fact, other Edos/Binis who commented on the thread all follwed suit and identified thier own native dialectal forms too -- except for one Edo/Bini monker who commented but didn't identify[/b]. Lol.

(v) This Edo/Bini account (who failed to identify) goes by the moniker "Edeyoung".

Could it be that Edeyoung didn't really pay attention to see the topic of the thread?? Lol.

(vi) Oh wait a minute!

Could it be that the person behind "Edeyoung" has already identified his native greeting under a different moniker ["gregyboy"], and was simply unintentionally submitting to natural psychological inclinations?? grin cheesy

(vii) As at now, Edeyoung's comment is the only comment on that thread from that moniker.

(viii) Let's hope that after reading this, you will go back to that thread and make up some random native dialectal Edo greeting for Edeyoung. grin

Cheers!

This is the type of prayers my psstor will recommend for my enemies.....

God give my enemies meaningless duty and curse my enemies into deep and meaningless confusion ... Ijn amen
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Take this article make you read

I dont know were you got your account of no military conquest by binis in lagos and we left our territory to be king in your fathers land and your people watched it happen

Mumu talk, be busy tracing edeyoung to me

That link will take you to the edo site that gives total credibility of benin influence influenced on lagos from 15000 till date...... And yes benin armies invaded lagos on war conquest[/s]

Edo blogs? undecided

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

This is the type of prayers my psstor will recommend for my enemies.....

God give my enemies meaningless duty and curse my enemies into deep and meaningless confusion ... Ijn amen

I already told that if I got your time, then your own don kpuf be dat grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Nor mind her, she sabi type and lie.....

Just common yes or no, she go write full epistle
Just leave her for me bro make i still use her shine........

Another people come from no were with diff language, diff custom come rule una like that with no fight..... Does it make sense.....
She say na peaceful infiltration.......

TAO11 i know you are bored, bring another topic we already defeated you in this one......

Lets argue on olokun origin.......... Smile grin mumu girl i know say you dey happy now[/s]

Your hero ran away after being crushed and trashed.

Who will now save Benin Kingdom?

I heard you all are still in the search for another Edo hero to face TAO.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Simply say you guys have gregy phobia

......... Lol

BabaRamota1980, macof, lawani,Olu317[/s]

This Benin account is contradicted by both the Lagos account, and the earliest European eyewitness report.
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Lol funnny am rolling in the floor laughing hard

Dumb boy/girl

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://ihuanedo.ning.com/m/blogpost%3Fid%3D2971192%253ABlogPost%253A64583&ved=2ahUKEwiQ4Kqx5v7pAhUh2uAKHY84C6QQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw36LFVBWxhvJo4nv2TaMyCM&cshid=1592054596678[/s]

Nobody takes Edo blogs seriously anyways.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

gregyboy:
Mumu

[See 1st attached screenshot also for evidence that you created this thread].

(iii) In fact, other Edos/Binis who commented on the thread all follwed suit and identified thier own native dialectal forms too -- except for one Edo/Bini monker who commented but didn't identify. Lol.

(vi) Oh wait a minute!

Cheers!

cc: babtoundey, MetaPhysical

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]See mumu, if i come into the argument now your brothers will cry heaven and earth for yoursake[/s]

Your hero (whom you admitted as such) ran away.

Are you claiming to be greater than your professed hero?? grin
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by MetaPhysical: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

[See 1st attached screenshot also for evidence that you created this thread].

(iii) In fact, other Edos/Binis who commented on the thread all follwed suit and identified thier own native dialectal forms too -- except for one Edo/Bini monker who commented but didn't identify. Lol.

(vi) Oh wait a minute!

Cheers!

cc: babtoundey, MetaPhysical

TAO12,
CIA dey recruit. grin

You are a natural gifted analyst. I bow!

Gregyboy come and prostrate and salute this wonderful maverick. grin
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:

TAO12,
CIA dey recruit. grin

You are a natural gifted analyst. I bow!

Gregyboy come and prostrate and salute this wonderful maverick. grin

Hahaha!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

The Igala Kingdom: Their Culture, Beliefs, Marriage, And History / Which Nigerian Tribe Owns Ogbono Soup, Okro Soup, Egusi Soup , Vegetable , White / Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.