Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! (815 Views)

Avoid A Narcissist At All Cost, My Experience. A Must Read. / My Friend Married A Narcissist And I Am Now Her Emotional Wastebin / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! by cocolacec(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2020
In this video, you will learn how to tell if a man you’re dating is a narcissist or if he is just an f-boy or player. So, if you’re seeing a man but feel frustrated or confused by his behavior, and you want to know exactly what you’re dealing with, then you have to watch this video.

He made this video because of the phrase “He’s a Narcissist” more and more lately. That’s because the term narcissist has become more popularized over the past 5-10 years. Just take a look at these google trends over the past decade and you can see the increase in the number of worldwide searches for the terms “narcissistic relationships” and “dating a narcissist”. These are highly searched keywords that continue to increase in popularity as more and more people search them up.

And after reading or learning about narcissists online, many of the women I’ve worked with over the past year or so, have come to me convinced that the guy they were dating was a narcissist.

Sometimes after hearing their stories, I agree with their assessment, but other times I think they were simply dating a player and not necessarily a narcissist. On the surface, they can seem to be similar, but make no mistake about it.. being in a relationship with a narcissist can be much, much worse.. it’s very stressful, unhealthy, and even toxic. So, without further ado, here’s how the two are similar and different.

First, A player is usually a man who manipulates a women's emotions by faking his romantic interest in her until he
a) gets what he wants from them or
b) gets them to have feelings for him and then he usually fades out or ends the relationship.

Also, Players often suffer from Peter Pan Syndrome because they just can't grow up and it's all a game to them. And In my opinion, the most important part of this definition is the faking his romantic interest part.

On the other hand, a narcissist is also a person who is highly manipulative of partners, but for very different reasons. We will get into those reasons in just a second.

But in addition to Being manipulative, a person with narcissistic personality disorder has a grandiose sense of self importance, lacks empathy for other people, and constantly needs admiration.
Narcissists are arrogant, self-centered, demanding and are convinced that they deserve special treatment.

So, manipulating others to get what they want is certainly a shared characteristic between narcissists and players. They Both find satisfaction in getting people to fall for them because It feels like a victory to win the affection of someone else.
And both players and narcissist are usually charming and may sweep you off your feet with their romantic talk and gestures. In fact, it’s common for both narcissists and players to seem like real life prince charming’s when they first meet you. But this is probably where the similarities end. Here are the major differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq6OXCOMzPw

Warning - If He Does This, Leave Now - He's a Narcissist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GtJaXV8eh0
Re: How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! by liquidfaya: 4:17pm On May 09, 2020
Shoutout to the Dom Game Division.
Re: How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! by gaby(m): 4:17pm On May 09, 2020
Abeg, make una fear anyone with this mental condition oh (male or female). They are very terrible and indescribable.

If in doubt or care to know what traits to look out for in them, Google the word "Narcissist".
Re: How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! by gamapoy539: 4:17pm On May 09, 2020
fyydf
Re: How To Know If He's A Narcissist Or Just A Player! by liquidfaya: 4:18pm On May 09, 2020
Alphas Up, Betas Down.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Or Masturbation Which One Sweet Pass / My Stupidity In This Modern Age / VIDEO: Ghanaian Lady Flogged 100strokes For Sleeping With Sudanese Man In Saudi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.