Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

My Stupidity In This Modern Age - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Stupidity In This Modern Age (810 Views)

This Is Where My Stupidity Is Leading Me To / I Want To Apologize For My Stupidity And Childishness / Paid for my stupidity (2) (3) (4)

My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Ericharlse: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
My stupidity in this modern age has put my life at a pause in the middle of highway without speed limits.
Now with thoughts of how do I move on ?.
Am a young energetic man, very industrious and hard working. I met this young beautiful lady who is just like me .. We met at my working place 3 years ago, since then we kept bumping to each other and one day last year i asked her out. Right there i asked her if i could date her, funny enough you know women with their hard to get stuff, she said no there but i never gave up until i got my answer. So we started dating. Until last week, she called me and said she can't find her routine checks..I was muted and I asked her to go for a check up which resulted to pregnancy. I asked her her deal she said she's keeping the baby even with or without my support. . Yesterday I invited her to my place and we both agreed on keeping the baby. Then we must make it official and legal by a marriage tie. So I will tell my family and she will do same.
Then, came the unexpected.... I asked her of her genotype and she said AS. I swallowed my gut then she said mine was AA. Out of curiosity I asked, How did she know mine was AA which I never told her and she said she saw it in my secondary school ID. I was dumb. I then told her that my mom got the test results without my presence that am not really sure ,that was my genotype but I will confirm. Same day I went to a hospital and behold it came out AS. Shocked at the result. Today I still went to another Hospital and yet same output... I really love her bt at the moment am confused and am not thinking straight. I called her to come over to my place bt she kept asking of the result of my movements. . I told her but she thinks am joking. I have been down since yesterday. I never knew this could happen to me. Truth be told I have seen such online which I gave my view bt right now I can't direct myself. I need your kindid advice and support..
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by NoChill: 11:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
N
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Oluromantic: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
If you're lucky that this child is AA or AS, keep him/her but don't get married to each other. Go ur different ways and get married to someone else whose genotype matches your own. That's the best you can do to save future travails of parenting SS children.

Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Ningen(m): 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
As and As should travel in opposite direction.
Say shalom to her and be on your way.

But if you're financially capable then you can proceed with the marriage. There are available medical care that can give you SS free kids.
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Vyzz: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
U see As and As with SS needs strong social distancing....

I know it is morally wrong.... But it is better to spare that child a lifetime of suffering....

Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by horlahwaley(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Just start praying to God the child comes out AA or AS. If not you will have to bear the consequences.
But seems this lady had ulterior motive in the first place. Like she intended to trap you with pregnancy..Op you are a bit not smart.

...Never date a lady that you may not end up marrying...einstein 1940
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by 4reala(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
It will be better if you pple dnt go beyond the birth of the child. after that, you both shld go your separate ways. but make sure you take very good care of the child to be born

Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Effulgent(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
y'all saying they should take care of the child, you don't know what's at stake here

What if the child is SS? how would he deal with that?

See Mr man, this is my honest advice and my view

As someone mentioned up there, seems the girl wants to trap you with pregnancy and she seems desperate..

Get to a hospital, both of you, see a doctor on what can be done concerning the child(probably if there's any process one can know that genotype of a baby in the womb) .. Just seek for advice from a certified doctor

or better still, opt in for abortion ... As much as I hate to say this and I don't in any way support abortion, but you are in tight corner

The pain these SS people go through no be small o, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so please be wise

Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Ericharlse: 12:43am On Jul 01, 2020
Ningen:

But if you're financially capable then you can proceed with the marriage. There are available medical care that can give you SS free kids.
For real.
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Oluromantic: 6:58am On Jul 01, 2020
horlahwaley:
Just start praying to God the child comes out AA or AS. If not you will have to bear the consequences.
But seems this lady had ulterior motive in the first place. Like she intended to trap you with pregnancy..Op you are a bit not smart.

...Never date a lady that you may not end up marrying...einstein 1940
Stop being judgemental, the op believes in your advice, that's why he asked. Stop making him feel he was wrong to have asked you for advice
Re: My Stupidity In This Modern Age by Ericharlse: 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
I really appreciate your advice/admonition. One thing for sure problem shared is half solved, which is one of the reasons I love this trend. Thanks to you guys, alot.

Help Me Judge!! / Please Help!!!...i Don't Want To Die..gambling Want To Ruin Me / Celebrate With Me Guys, Its My Birthday (pic)