Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 (40481 Views)

14 Most Attractive Muslim Female Billionaires / Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time / Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 11:13am On May 10, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Who fed you the lie that Tony Elumelu claims he isn't Igbo..?

The Igbo by origin and by self acclamation...

Delta Igbos usually claim they aren't Igbos.

They preferred to be called Anioma, Aniocha, or Ika. Just like Rivers Igbos preferred to be called Ikwerre
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by sauceEEP(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2020
Where is Ned Nwoko?
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2020
lukui:
To those idiots fighting tribal wars on nairaland, those stealing your money are inside aircon, you are here fighting.

Have a happy fight!!
I marvel at how some Nigerians think
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:14am On May 10, 2020
Kennyswag:
hahahahahaha.. Billionaires on nairaland, but kidnappers in reality gringrin

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Iceberg3: 11:18am On May 10, 2020
Many coneheaded structures abound grin

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Okuda(m): 11:18am On May 10, 2020
ecclize:

no one can become a billionaire on a normal playing level not anywhere in the world...

you are getting it twisted.. normal playing level the person you quoted is making reference in comparing both eastern and western/northern billionaires and not on the basis that becoming a billionaire alone has anything to do with any normal playing field. he is saying the level of playing field given to others is not given to igbos and even with that difference igbo billionaires are still doing their best to represent too..

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Noel19: 11:20am On May 10, 2020
Billionaires supporting fight against Covid-19? I laugh....

It's a case of scratch my back, I scratch yours.

The billionaires from west donated billions to govt and in turn the govt sent expired rice to the west and some of you from the west are applauding them.

Who do una dis thing?

Well who are am I to complain when the same people saw nothing wrong in the 50 naira bread Obasa gave them as palliative.

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by tammie24: 11:20am On May 10, 2020
dukeprince50:
Seun Osewa, do something about the tribal hatred on this forum, mynd4 seems bias about it, look at this promising thread now, someone has started raining tribal insults
oh!
seun should do something because ibos are on the receiving end

When your people bash Yorubas
Your like are always blind

Please don't disturb seun's peaceful Sunday o
Make his ears nor dey ring unnecessarily

#long hiss.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by tammie24: 11:20am On May 10, 2020
dukeprince50:
Seun Osewa, do something about the tribal hatred on this forum, mynd4 seems bias about it, look at this promising thread now, someone has started raining tribal insults
oh!
seun should do something because ibos are on the receiving end

When your people bash Yorubas
Without provocation

Your likes are always blind

Please don't disturb seun's peaceful Sunday o
Make his ears nor dey ring anyhow jare

#long hiss.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by kenex4ever(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2020
dukeprince50:
Did they beg on the street for Nigerians to make them billionaires?
They provide goods and services and in return get the monetary equivalent of what they provide, they don't owe Nigeria any responsibility, they gave because they are kind hearted, generous and philanthropists if for anything sef, they are the ones helping Nigerian economy.
BTW, lalasticlala, seun
You know nothing

They ripping you off nigggga
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
calm down bro delta igbos are igbos unless you are refering to zone/ region

I have met many and they don't see themselves as Igbos. Even on Nairaland, there's a thread in the Culture subforum where they insisted they aren't Igbos
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Originalsly: 11:23am On May 10, 2020
How can they be helping the people when they are donating to the FG? They are helping themselves. Money claimed to be donated would significantly reduce their tax bill.... or wipe it out completely. If they really meant to help....they would've found ways to directly help the masses.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by cray91(m): 11:24am On May 10, 2020
Bro! Appreciate them, them try, if dem no give anything nobody go sue or fine them but they did out of their own magnanimity!

I comend them all but Only Problem i have is them giving to federal government

Donating Money to federal government is a big mistake cuz we the populace won't benefit from 1/4 of the Money donated

We understand they themselves as individuals didn't make the donations to be praise by people, it's more like an investment to them being on the good book of federal government
Paperwhite:
They are billionaires who Nigeria made so it's their social responsibility to give back to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Gbemiie: 11:25am On May 10, 2020
dukeprince50:
Did they beg on the street for Nigerians to make them billionaires?
They provide goods and services and in return get the monetary equivalent of what they provide, they don't owe Nigeria any responsibility, they gave because they are kind hearted, generous and philanthropists if for anything sef, they are the ones helping Nigerian economy.
BTW, lalasticlala, seun
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by SLAP44: 11:25am On May 10, 2020
Ewedegubbler:
these government made billionaires donating money to the government is like giving money to themselves.
I prefer the Igbo way whereby they give directly to the people. Emeka Ofor donated $30m worth of medical equipment to 14 hospitals directly. Ifeanyi Uba, Arthur Eze, Stella Odua Etc, are giving out it big time but directly to the people..

Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by FirstbornWds: 11:26am On May 10, 2020
APCNig:

Is that why Igbos are omitted in the list? We are watching you closely and you will hear from us.

Is Tony an Hausa or Yoruba man?

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Vadese1: 11:29am On May 10, 2020
Any donations to this wicked and propaganda government as per the fight against covid 19, is purely waste of resources. Upon the billions that were donated plus the trillions that has been borrow, our Heros, The Medical Personnels are yet to get common PPE to do their work across various government hospitals in the country. I reason it that those donating to government, are doing it base on business favour. The real givers are the one reaching out to their constituency. They are the real philanthropy.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:30am On May 10, 2020
grandstar:

I have met many and they don't see themselves as Igbos. Even on Nairaland, there's a thread in the Culture subforum where they insisted they aren't Igbos
bro in kad city where i reside there are deltan igbos who call themselves igbos

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:30am On May 10, 2020
Paperwhite:
They are billionaires who Nigeria made so it's their social responsibility to give back to the nation.
not their responsibility...
they do if they wish
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:31am On May 10, 2020
Christians have received more help from even unbelievers than the churches where they sowed seed, gave sacrifice, offering and tithes up to their last dime!
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 11:32am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
bro in kad city where i reside there are deltan igbos who call themselves igbos

It is great to hear this. Maybe they are changing now or probably because they are far from home and need all the solidarity they can get
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2020
grandstar:

bro you can do a research on IGBOS and why rivers igbos insist they're not igbos

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Len234: 11:34am On May 10, 2020

Brother, calm down. No one is begging anybody to associate with igbos. Tony Eleumelu has come out rightly to say he is Igbo. Iweala and some others from delta say dey are igbos too. The thing is with the younger ones and some old heads who don't know d divide and rule being employed by the North. When Biafra and Eastern region rise u go see say everyone go Wan associated with igbos. Same as other tribes dat deny their tribes. It's normal. Even many jews denied their tribe when their fortunes were bleak, now everyone wants to associate with them.

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2020
grandstar:

It is great to hear this. Maybe they are changing now or probably because they are far from home and need all the solidarity they can get
Research on delta igbos
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Top1gun: 11:37am On May 10, 2020
So others that gave are not also donating to their community too ? Una go just de make foolish comment like lunatic. For NL. If you like make you be from hell fire who gives a flying fucq where the hell u came from.

ArmaniUhuru:

I am not Igbo, but I like them. Instead of donating to this yahoo government, they are channeling the money to their communities and environs. Wise people.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Curdlebug(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
The real donors are the ones donating food palliative directly to the people, especially those Ndi Anambra negros.

The ones donating to the government are simply chasing clout..
you r right, anambra communities are being cartered for by their rich sons and daughters. That the real donation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by friday2011(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2020
Simplyleo:
But I thought the SE has the highest number of billionaires per capita.

How comes they are all evading fight against corona? I hope this is not what obtains in tax payments.

Hmnnn, the report by TVC said "millionaires" not billionaires...

We tend to mix things up quickly on social media in this part of the world,

I am not igbo but i will prefer the way igbos big men gave to there immediate communities at this time rather than giving to the central government that is having issues with basic accounting principles.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by blackpanda: 11:43am On May 10, 2020
APCNig:

Is that why Igbos are omitted in the list? We are watching you closely and you will hear from us.

Oya add your igbo list biko
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Fogman(m): 11:44am On May 10, 2020
In Igbo "Aku-luo-uno" means wealth must get home first for development and assistance, reason igbo billionaire will need to take care of home front before anything else

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things You’ll Find In The Handbag Of A Female Bank Marketer / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.