Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 (40510 Views)

14 Most Attractive Muslim Female Billionaires / Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time / Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 11:45am On May 10, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
How many billionaires from Nnewi? Lol God own paradise grin cheesy don't you know God purse tore when he was passing Nnewi. Town with highest number of billionaires per capita.
The chest beater don't give a damn about others. It is all about milking others and abusing them. Their billions can't go to others. Name philantropists in nigeria. hardly will you find chest beaters there. In their businesses, hardly will you find employees from other tribes yet they want other peoples votes to rule the zoo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
Haha That akagon hands abi?
bros you miss road shey?
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by TodayNAlways: 11:48am On May 10, 2020
To hell with all of them. Who their donations epp? They are giving to FG because they expect to get the money back from FG either directly or indirectly. The only people I am grateful to are the ones who have rendered little assistance to me one way or the other to survive with my family during this pandemic which definitely not dangote, nor any of the listed.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
The chest beate don't give a damn about others. It all about milking others and abusing them. Their billions can't go to others. Name philantropists in nigeria. hardly will you find chest beaters there. In their businesses, hardly will you find employees from other tribes yet they want other peoples votes to rule the zoo.
You and i know you are lieing

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by ArmaniUhuru: 11:50am On May 10, 2020
Top1gun:
So others that gave are not also donating to their community too ? Una go just de make foolish comment like lunatic. For NL. If you like make you be from hell fire who gives a flying fucq where the hell u came from.

Na your taxi driver of a father nai work their money for them? They can choose to do whatever they want with their money. Even as a taxi driver that your father is, what has he done to help the situation? Let him donate his taxi to convey patients to isolation centres. Get lost you unfortunate tribal bigot. I spit on your head. Tuahhhh

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by smileyoo: 11:51am On May 10, 2020
APCNig:
Please list Igbos in the group
what have nigerians benefited from the government during this pandemic, despite these huge donations ?
though the ibos were omitted for what ever reason, I wish these billionaires channeled their donations directly to nigerians.
apart from coronavirus nigeria is presently sick of corruption-virus.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by olumide4christ: 11:53am On May 10, 2020
rexlims:
Agreed dey gave billions/millions, my brother dey didn't do it for humanity sake. Watch how dey will inturn be favoured with juicy portion of d economy where dey can recoup their money.
And by d time a bag of cement goes up to ₦3500 and d useless govt defends it with more lies, then u will understand.

Oga, I disagree to an extent on your first sentence. By virtue of my profession and work, I know of at least 2 of these people who are building multi-billion naira buildings/facilities for 2 different higher institutions in the South West of Nigeria. The projects are on-going as we speak and they are gifts to the these institutions, just like Corporate Social Responsibility. Note these institutions are state-owned, not federal-owned and these billionaires do not operate their businesses in the state. In some cases, these billionaires are not indigenes of the state.
Thus, the recepient institutions and states can never pay these billionaires back in any form.
Honestly, since I got involved in & got to know about those projects, I pray that God will lift me up to a position where I can give individuals, schools or even states the magnitude of such gifts.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Gandollar(f): 11:53am On May 10, 2020
SLAP44:

Yes ooh, his hands are tied grin
And I have always wondered why successive governments have looked the other way. Is the guy so powerful?

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 11:53am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
You and i know you are lieing
What number of your chest beating brother is listed above?
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 11:54am On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
The chest beater don't give a damn about others. It all about milking others and abusing them. Their billions can't go to others. Name philantropists in nigeria. hardly will you find chest beaters there. In their businesses, hardly will you find employees from other tribes yet they want other peoples votes to rule the zoo.

I love this. Actually some igbos are kind and friendly.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
Research on delta igbos

https://www.nairaland.com/3170789/delta-igbos

https://www.nairaland.com/2601360/why-igbos-trying-hard-claim

https://www.nairaland.com/3350670/igbo-vs-delta-igbo-what-guy

There are lots more on nairaland.

I think the dichotomy came because their real beginnings may not have been Igbo or there was too much outside influence, thereby diluting the Igboness.

For instance in the North, many Fulani's have been Hausasized. Many can no longer speak their native tongue Fulfude.

In 100 years' time, if you ask entire Fulani communities that only speak Hausa and have a sprinkling of Fulani culture and they asked if they are Hausa, how should they answer?

Many Delta Igbos had their origin from Bini kingdom hence their rejection of being called Igbos. Their loyalty is to Bini. Just like an American with Italian roots. Even though he is basically Anglo Saxon now, he'll tell you he's Italian.

The Yoruba speaking people of Ikale in Ondo state sometimes claim they aren't Yoruba. They had their origin from Bini too. Yoruba's don't care. Na dem sabi. The most you will hear is "they are not serious".
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by olumide4christ: 11:58am On May 10, 2020
grandstar:

Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia are Delta Igbos, though they will claim they aren't Igbos

Jim Ovia is from Edo state, from the Bini tribe. He is not Delta Ibo.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Thinkfree(m): 11:59am On May 10, 2020
McGg:
Billionaires my foot... Point out any of them that would have been a billionaire on a normal entrepreneurial playing ground
Dangote was billionaire before obasanjo became president in 1999 I know where you are going to.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
What number of your chest beating brother is listed above?
can't you see Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia there and what are you benefitting from ithe list Bros hustle make you ma dey that list

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by SLAP44: 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
Gandollar:
And I have always wondered why successive governments have looked the other way. Is the guy so powerful?

They are using him.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
olumide4christ:

thanks for that info i used to think he was from delta
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

I love this. Actually some igbos are kind and friendly.
To say the truth i have met some but for them to really get what they want their attitude must change on a global level.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Wendybrown(f): 12:04pm On May 10, 2020
winterfell007:

This one enter me well grin grin, even though I be confam igbo guy

E funny die, u guys should ease up biko we're one

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by dukeprince50: 12:05pm On May 10, 2020
SLAP44:

Are you tired? grin

the only time I speak is when my region is insulted, I do not just jump into a meaningful thread and start raining insults
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Walexdubia(m): 12:06pm On May 10, 2020
Lol abi,racism among blacks...
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Okuda(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2020
olumide4christ:

Lies. he is Delta Igbo. his cousins live opposit me and they speak fluent Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by FullBlastLight: 12:08pm On May 10, 2020
I wonder what Tinibu is looking for in that list! None of those people is in his level when it comes to clean bills in billion!
So, OP must u play politics with all things by featuring Tinubu in Billionaires League? Huh?
It's your type that will be featuring Snail in the gathering of animals with horns!
Be very careful next time!

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2020
grandstar:

https://www.nairaland.com/3170789/delta-igbos

https://www.nairaland.com/2601360/why-igbos-trying-hard-claim

https://www.nairaland.com/3350670/igbo-vs-delta-igbo-what-guy

There are lots more on nairaland.

I think the dichotomy came because their real beginnings may not have been Igbo or there was too much outside influence, thereby diluting the Igboness.

For instance in the North, many Fulani's have been Hausasized. Many can no longer speak their native tongue Fulfude.

In 100 years' time, if you ask entire Fulani communities that only speak Hausa and have a sprinkling of Fulani culture and they asked if they are Hausa, how should they answer?

Many Delta Igbos had their origin from Bini kingdom hence their rejection of being called Igbos. Their loyalty is to Bini. Just like an American with Italian roots. Even though he is basically Anglo Saxon now, he'll tell you he's Italian.

The Yoruba speaking people of Ikale in Ondo state sometimes claim they aren't Yoruba. They had their origin from Bini too. Yoruba's don't care. Na dem sabi. The most you will hear is "they are not serious".

true but still some deltan igbos insist they are igbos . They bear ifeanyi,chioma,ngozi ,ijeoma amongst others . You can use wikipedia or google to research further
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 12:09pm On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
can't you see Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia there and what are you benefitting from ithe list Bros hustle make you ma dey that list
What percentage? Sebi you claim you claim you have the highest number of billonaires in Nigeria?
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
To say the truth i have met some but for them to really get what they want their attitude must change on a global level.

I'm always surprised that is this now the same igbos we meet in the street, school but they will turn to demon on social media
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:11pm On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
What percentage? Sebi you claim you claim you have the highest number of billonaires in Nigeria?
LOL where did i say so

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by DexterousOne(m): 12:12pm On May 10, 2020
BigJoe19:
shocked
Must everything turn into tribal fights on Nairaland, I just feel Nairaland is full of underage kids.

Good one for the billionaires, most politicians would not even give out after getting their wealth easily.

So many silly people on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 12:15pm On May 10, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

I'm always surprised that is this now the same igbos we meet in the street, school but they will turn to demon on social media
Not only on social media they are too dangerous to work with in offices or market place.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by MightySparrow: 12:16pm On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
LOL where did i say so
I mean your chest beating brothers.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

The reason you are surprised is simply because you take a person's view or few persons out of the millions (who are nt even online to generalize

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) / Exportation Business Is Not As Hard As People Feel.... / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.