Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 (40847 Views)

Lady Goes Viral For Her Views About Billionaires & Other Societal Issues (video) / 14 Most Attractive Muslim Female Billionaires / Meet Wives Of Top Nigerian Billionaires (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
The reason you are surprised is simply because you take person's view or few persons out of the millions (who are nt even online to generalize

True

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by invinzzzzzble5: 12:18pm On May 10, 2020
APCNig:
Please list Igbos in the group
Do visit Igbo's community and LGA and feel their effect
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
Not only on social media they are too dangerous to work with in offices or market place.

Hahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by hope4nigeria(m): 12:20pm On May 10, 2020
Paperwhite:
They are billionaires who Nigeria made so it's their social responsibility to give back to the nation.
don't mind the idiots that will insult you. Your point is correct exactly. If Dangote is not monopolize in business by government, how will he achieved what he is! Many of them got free oil well from government.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Jakemedg(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2020
MightySparrow:
Not only on social media they are too dangerous to work with in offices or market place.
lol

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by jaxxy(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2020
dukeprince50:
Did they beg on the street for Nigerians to make them billionaires?
They provide goods and services and in return get the monetary equivalent of what they provide, they don't owe Nigeria any responsibility, they gave because they are kind hearted, generous and philanthropists if for anything sef, they are the ones helping Nigerian economy.
BTW, lalasticlala, seun

I disagree, some of the got unusual government favours that made them who they are 2day. I'm not taking anything away form them cos favor can come to anyone at anytime and smtme we do need it bt some had unusual favors from government and they owe it back if we shud be factual, sincere and fair.

Only very few like jim ovia worked/walked the lonely road to success.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by DaBillionnaire: 12:33pm On May 10, 2020
McGg:
Billionaires my foot... Point out any of them that would have been a billionaire on a normal entrepreneurial playing ground

You are right bro, none of them

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by ib0221: 12:38pm On May 10, 2020
Burruchaga71:
I pray to make it there someday [/A TRUTHFUL YORUBA MAN...

HOW SAD FOR THE YORUBA NATIONA TRUTHFUL YORUBA MAN...

HOW SAD FOR THE YORUBA NATION

Did the Igbos put guns on anybody's head before buying up Alaba, Ajegunle, isolo and Oshodi in Lagos?

Did they use juju before the Ibadan surrendered Iwo Road to them?

And what were we looking at before the Igbos took over Isida and Adeti in Ilesa ?

Where were the YORUBAS when the Igbos thrived and built 90% of the Hotels in Abuja. Was there a law that excluded the YORUBAS from selling building materials? Dei Dei building materials market in Abuja is 90 % Igbo owned.

So the more we point one finger at the Igbos, the more we have the other four fingers pointing at our laziness and lack of initiative as a society.

The YORUBAS should have been better with all our education, but we may be worse than the Fulanis who just roam around the bush.

Why? Because we lack the entrepreneurship spirit. We just want salaries from doing 8am to 5pm job. We proceed in foolishness and we persist in hoping to reap plenty without sowing hard. The Igbos are different, hence we are now jealous and envious.

We love wasteful parties and Aso Ebi. Just a little business without even making any profit yet, we usually call musicians to spray money like coffetti .

Where are all the Board Members of Ebenezer Obey today? Where is lawyer Omoyinmi and Lanre Badmus? Where is Oroki Social Club of Osogbo? Where is Felates of Ilesa and the likes whose trade mark was to bring Sunny Ade to Ilesa every Xmas, to waste all income gathered for the year?

The Yoruba society wasted their leading lights on excessive consumption and wasteful attitudes. We wasted our capital on frivolous social gatherings.

We took religion to ridicoulous levels, such that the wealthiest pastors and churches are now Yorubas. But all the wealth extracted by the churches from the Yoruba nation is also merely flaunted to show whose God is the most miraculous.

So we have become paupers and destitutes, as the Yoruba nation cannot now pay salaries. Pensions are owed for years.

Tell me, is Osun State filled with human beings or goats to have tolerated Aregbesola, when they rejected Akande. Say it loud, is the Constituted Authority of Ibadan sane to just bring about 21 Obas from nowhere to receive salaries, where there is no money to reopen Ladoja Akintola University?

Are the Ondos so wise to have allowed Mimiko to devastate their terrain as to be now saddled with 12 months salary arrears? What of Ekiti with rabble rousing Fayose and the intellectually arrogant Fayemi?

But the Igbos are hard workers. Let us not continue to deceive ourselves. 20 of their young boys can live in the shop from where they sell goods. There is no place too dirty or remote for them to hibernate and incubate their ideas. Give them 5 years, you will see them buy and take over all shops and lands.

True, some of them are criminals, but majority of the Igbo youths build and build physical structures always, while the YORUBAS are content with looking for salaried jobs, so that they can have siesta in the afternoons and then attend parties on Saturdays. Then spend Sundays in church wishing and praying for divine miracles.

How foolish! As the Igbo youths are meeting and strategizing on Sundays, so that they can gather money and buy the houses and lands owned by our Yoruba fathers, the Yorubas youths are busy in churches on Sundays praying for miracles.

Whether we like it or not, Obokungbusi Town Hall will soon be on concessional PPP sale. The Igbos will buy it. The proceeds will be used to pay backlog of salaries owed to impoverished Ijeshas. It will come willy nilly.

It will happen even in a declared Oduduwa Republic. Afterall, the Chinese, the Lebanese and the South Africans are buying us out with reckless abandon. See how ShopRite is buying up everywhere. I heard that they bought Owena Motel estate in Akure. How come we did not sell it to the Igbos?

We shall continue to grumble and hate the Igbos until eternity. Unless we spy on them, copy their ways and imbibe their 'can do' attitude.

The Yoruba nation and society have been pauperised and destituted. In desperation, we shall soon start to behave like the Almajiris in the North.

In grinding poverty and out of jealousy, the Almajiris of the North regularly loot Igbo shops and businesses. Very soon Yoruba urchins will start looting too to show that they hate the Igbos.

Even some of us here will defend it to show our hatred for the Igbos. Whereas, the looting is as a result of hunger and uselessness of our society.
First, You are not a Yoruba. I always overlook you, people, rubbish that has nothing to do but to occupy yourself with racial banters. Which Iwo road are you talking about? Though I do not frown against anyone having majority in any field once the group has the dexterity to succeed, you people utterances are making me to start being watchful. I know there are many Igbos that are not as vitrilous as you, but preponderance of this, in a faceless forum, makes me question their character henceforth. I don't why some Yorubas will join you in exchanging banters.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Emmanuelhector(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2020
We don’t need to prove anything to anyone.. The hate motivates us ..
ib0221:
First, You are not a Yoruba. I always overlook you, people, rubbish that has nothing to do but to occupy yourself with racial banters. Which Iwo road are you talking about? Though I do frown against anyone having majority in any field once the group has the dexterity to succeed, you people utterances are making me to start being watchful. I know there are many Igbos that are not as vitrilous as you, but preponderance of this, in a faceless forum, makes me question their character henceforth. I don't why some Yorubas will join you in exchanging banters.

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by CreekCommando: 12:42pm On May 10, 2020
If you made money from politics or government patronage, you'd throw it around by giving it to a government that will loot it and give the remainder to almajiri in kano. But if you made from say 1 naira to billions from your wisdom and self-effort, then your wisdom will tilt towards you sharing your palliatives to the ordinary people by yourself, and that's the way here in the East. I'm yet to see anyone who received palliatives from the federal government. So, continue to live fake life!

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by amaridigital(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2020
StreetFight:
Any donation that is not directly to the people is fake and the so called donators should be investigated and prosecuted for falsehood and deceit.

Any donation that is not directly to the people you said?
The Government built the isolation centers, health facilities, pay the doctors and health worker's salaries, even some states like Ogun increased their doctor's hazard allowance 4 times and provide insurance. The Government is in charge of awareness and the distribution of some medical equipments donated by foreign and local, bodies i.e face masks, medical kits etc. If there were no hospitals and health officials to treat those infected, how do you think the situation will look like by now? Can the distribution of food materials only solve these pandemic without caring for the sick?
Would you prefer these billionaires donate food items to theur constituencies as a political campaign tool while no one take care of the sick? These donors did not release any fund directly to the Government. They have set up a body to utilize the fund by purchasing all needed equipments and relief materials for judicous use and distribution across the nation.They are not fools. You can't be a billionaire business man and a fool at the same time. So, quit the misinformation Sir.
What Dangote, Elumelu, Otedola and co donated is for the benefit of Nigerians regardless of state of origin unlike some who donated food as a political campaign tool. We are not stupid. The street know this.
I'm not defending the Government but it is unfair to rubbish the efforts of well meaning Nigerians. Let us appreciate those who are helping out.
Shalom!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nerro042: 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
ib0221:
First, You are not a Yoruba. I always overlook you, people, rubbish that has nothing to do but to occupy yourself with racial banters. Which Iwo road are you talking about? Though I do frown against anyone having majority in any field once the group has the dexterity to succeed, you people utterances are making me to start being watchful. I know there are many Igbos that are not as vitrilous as you, but preponderance of this, in a faceless forum, makes me question their character henceforth. I don't why some Yorubas will join you in exchanging banters.

You seem like a sensible folk. But we both know impersonation flows all around in this forum from all tribes. And it is a sad reality because some misinformed people take the twisted views of tribalists in this forum to generalize a whole tribe or region. You see things like "you igbos", "you yourubas", "you fulani's". Even though nairaland does not represent even 0.1 of of any region youth population alone. My brother nairaland should be bringing youths of the country together, but it has failed woefully.

3 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by vasco01(m): 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
APCNig:
Please list Igbos in the group

Igbos are not Nigerians naw so why include a foreigner inside a country matter?

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by kimjessey2019: 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
What's the essence of giving to gvmt while those around you is hungry. Big respect to east billionaires, they understand their people need to eat first not donating to FG.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by ib0221: 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
Nerro042:

You seem like a sensible folk. But we both know impersonation flows all around in this forum from all tribes. And it is a sad reality because some misinformed people take the twisted views of tribalists in this forum to generalize a whole tribe or region. You see things like "you igbos", "you yourubas", "you fulani's". Even though nairaland does not represent even 0.1 of of any region youth population alone. My brother nairaland should be bringing youths of the country together, but it has failed woefully.
Thanks brother. I have repeatedly told them on this forum that race is nothing. Some people are using it as a tool to acquire position and wealth. However, I am not too young to know what happened in this country, though not yet born at the start of civil war. I had had occasions to inform many from m different tribes that this is where we are and this is we are going if we fail to correct our step. I am only disturbed when I am thinking how the country will be better for all and just check this forum and start seeing rubbish. Along my area in Lekki- Ajah axis there is a banner that reads- we must all live together as brothers or die as fools.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by hightempo(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2020
McGg:
Billionaires my foot... Point out any of them that would have been a billionaire on a normal entrepreneurial playing ground
what is this one Saying? They already are billionaires your opinion notwithstanding, leave them alone and concentrate your energy and time to upgrade your life to escape from unnecessary jealousy and envy

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by LifeOfTrigga(m): 12:59pm On May 10, 2020
Paperwhite:

https://punchng.com/billionaires-supporting-fight-against-covid-19/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

But with all these now, since coro Dey Wetin you din get from them? All na for social media jae, coro kill them there..
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by funmijoyb(f): 1:00pm On May 10, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:

I am not Igbo, but I like them. Instead of donating to this yahoo government, they are channeling the money to their communities and environs. Wise people.
You're not Igbo what are u?

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by manuelreports: 1:00pm On May 10, 2020
Simplyleo:
But I thought the SE has the highest number of billionaires per capita.

How comes they are all evading fight against corona? I hope this is not what obtains in tax payments.
What shall it benefit Otedola to donate 1 billion to Yahoo government while his kinsmen are eating wild rats to cushion the effects of the lockdown

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by DexterousOne(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2020
Burruchaga71:

Did the Igbos put guns on anybody's head before buying up Alaba, Ajegunle, isolo and Oshodi in Lagos?

And what were we looking at before the Igbos took over Isida and Adeti in Ilesa ?

Where were the YORUBAS when the Igbos thrived and built 90% of the Hotels in Abuja. Was there a law that excluded the YORUBAS from selling building materials? Dei Dei building materials market in Abuja is 90 % Igbo owned.

So the more we point one finger at the Igbos, the more we have the other four fingers pointing at our laziness and lack of initiative as a society.

The YORUBAS should have been better with all our education, but we may be worse than the Fulanis who just roam around the bush.

Why? Because we lack the entrepreneurship spirit. We just want salaries from doing 8am to 5pm job. We proceed in foolishness and we persist in hoping to reap plenty without sowing hard. The Igbos are different, hence we are now jealous and envious.

We love wasteful parties and Aso Ebi. Just a little business without even making any profit yet, we usually call musicians to spray money like coffetti .

Where are all the Board Members of Ebenezer Obey today? Where is lawyer Omoyinmi and Lanre Badmus? Where is Oroki Social Club of Osogbo? Where is Felates of Ilesa and the likes whose trade mark was to bring Sunny Ade to Ilesa every Xmas, to waste all income gathered for the year?

The Yoruba society wasted their leading lights on excessive consumption and wasteful attitudes. We wasted our capital on frivolous social gatherings.

We took religion to ridicoulous levels, such that the wealthiest pastors and churches are now Yorubas. But all the wealth extracted by the churches from the Yoruba nation is also merely flaunted to show whose God is the most miraculous.

So we have become paupers and destitutes, as the Yoruba nation cannot now pay salaries. Pensions are owed for years.

Tell me, is Osun State filled with human beings or goats to have tolerated Aregbesola, when they rejected Akande. Say it loud, is the Constituted Authority of Ibadan sane to just bring about 21 Obas from nowhere to receive salaries, where there is no money to reopen Ladoja Akintola University?

Are the Ondos so wise to have allowed Mimiko to devastate their terrain as to be now saddled with 12 months salary arrears? What of Ekiti with rabble rousing Fayose and the intellectually arrogant Fayemi?

But the Igbos are hard workers. Let us not continue to deceive ourselves. 20 of their young boys can live in the shop from where they sell goods. There is no place too dirty or remote for them to hibernate and incubate their ideas. Give them 5 years, you will see them buy and take over all shops and lands.

True, some of them are criminals, but majority of the Igbo youths build and build physical structures always, while the YORUBAS are content with looking for salaried jobs, so that they can have siesta in the afternoons and then attend parties on Saturdays. Then spend Sundays in church wishing and praying for divine miracles.

How foolish! As the Igbo youths are meeting and strategizing on Sundays, so that they can gather money and buy the houses and lands owned by our Yoruba fathers, the Yorubas youths are busy in churches on Sundays praying for miracles.

Whether we like it or not, Obokungbusi Town Hall will soon be on concessional PPP sale. The Igbos will buy it. The proceeds will be used to pay backlog of salaries owed to impoverished Ijeshas. It will come willy nilly.

It will happen even in a declared Oduduwa Republic. Afterall, the Chinese, the Lebanese and the South Africans are buying us out with reckless abandon. See how ShopRite is buying up everywhere. I heard that they bought Owena Motel estate in Akure. How come we did not sell it to the Igbos?

We shall continue to grumble and hate the Igbos until eternity. Unless we spy on them, copy their ways and imbibe their 'can do' attitude.

The Yoruba nation and society have been pauperised and destituted. In desperation, we shall soon start to behave like the Almajiris in the North.

In grinding poverty and out of jealousy, the Almajiris of the North regularly loot Igbo shops and businesses. Very soon Yoruba urchins will start looting too to show that they hate the Igbos.

Even some of us here will defend it to show our hatred for the Igbos. Whereas, the looting is as a result of hunger and uselessness of our society.

I really dont know how to feel about this article tho

My people are hard working and driven
That's for sure

But then
This sounds patronising
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by ib0221: 1:03pm On May 10, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
We don’t need to prove anything to anyone.. The hate motivates us ..
What hatred? At least for Yorubas, I can tell you till of recent no one hate Igbo in Yorubaland, this I can vouch for � till 2010. However I noticed that some Yorubas are now taking cognizance of some elements that are full of hatred.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by funmijoyb(f): 1:04pm On May 10, 2020
Okuda:

Emeka Offor that gave 30m dollars nko? abi u skip the news when e come out?
Na audio not in cash

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Nerro042: 1:04pm On May 10, 2020
ib0221:
Thanks brother. I have repeatedly told them on this forum that race is nothing. Some people are using it as a tool to acquire position and wealth. However, I am not too young to know what happened in this country, though not yet born at the start of civil war. I had had occasions to inform many from m different tribes that this is where we are and this is we are going if we fail to correct our step. I am only disturbed when I am thinking how the country will be better for all and just check this forum and start seeing rubbish. Along my area in Lekki- Ajah axis there is a banner that reads- we must all live together as brothers or die as fools.

Thanks have a blessed day

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2020
Burruchaga71:

God bless u for saying the bitter truth. I hardly comment on Nairaland because a whole lot has gone wrong in Nigeria and on Nairaland.
May my God who made me who I am today, locate u this month and bless u more than what u can imagine in this life. I salute ur courage and truthfulness.

Note: Many will not still hear and learn. They will still continue in stupidity. No wonder the Bible says many perish for lack of knowledge...

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Sagay212: 1:08pm On May 10, 2020
All audio donations.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by ib0221: 1:10pm On May 10, 2020
Nerro042:

Thanks have a blessed day
You are welcome.
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by grandstar(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2020
olumide4christ:

Jim Ovia is from Edo state, from the Bini tribe. He is not Delta Ibo.

He is from Agbor in Delta state
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by senatepresido: 1:13pm On May 10, 2020
APCNig:

Is that why Igbos are omitted in the list? We are watching you closely and you will hear from us.
who even recognises you as a Nigerian
forming jagaban on social media
ni wiwa pe o nira pupọ lati jẹ deede lori media media, tani o wa ninu ẹniti o jẹ tani ni orilẹ-ede ... o jẹ aṣiwère kan ti ko mọ nkankan lati tẹ

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Carlyboi(m): 1:15pm On May 10, 2020
ib0221:
What hatred? At least for Yorubas, I can tell you till of recent no one hate Igbo in Yorubaland, this I can vouch for � till 2010. However I noticed that some Yorubas are now taking cognizance of some elements that are full of hatred.
lol he say na audio!
Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Kylekent59: 1:18pm On May 10, 2020
They may have donated, but their donation didn't have any effect nor did it reached the people that needed it.

Go to Anambra state and see what is called "donation"

You will see the way billionaires will load palliatives which will be allocated to the poor peoples. I call them real donors.

Anambra people, you people are too much. Let's put tribalism aside and shame the devil. I really like that state.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 by Drizzy5001(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2020
How come my name no dey there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Nigerian Woman Sells Swallow, Banga Rice For £10 Per Plate In The UK / Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.