Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? (549 Views)

Preaching In Motor Parks: Hustle Or Envangelism / Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / COZA Pastor's Rape Accusation: Before You Join The Band Wagon, Neymar Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by IrepChrist: 8:57pm On May 09, 2020
Outreaches is one of the spirutual activities of a faith based church(Pentecostal) Prisons and hospitals are major places where the Church stretch hands of fellowship to minister healings and ultimately salvation.

Though no religious garthering is allowed right now but if the Church is formally opened and your pastor enlist you to join an evangelism team to an isolation center for covid 19 patients would you go?.

Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by EmmaJnr1: 9:54pm On May 09, 2020
IrepChrist:
Outreaches is one of the spirutual activities of a faith based church(Pentecostal) Prisons and hospitals are major places where the Church stretch hands of fellowship to minister healings and ultimately salvation.

Though no religious garthering is allowed right now but if the Church is formally opened and your pastor enlist you to join an evangelism team to an isolation center for covid 19 patients would you go?.
what's d location pls. I will go if its in abuja

1 Like

Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by topedoski(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2020
Trouble dey sleep yanga go wake am angry
Na amebo dey do u I think
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by CodeTemplar: 1:27am On May 10, 2020
Why not?
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Eviana(f): 3:17am On May 10, 2020
Sick, healthy, man, woman, boy, girl all need the love of Christ shown to them especially during times of crises... such as this one. If the healthcare workers are tending to the physical needs, how much more should followers of Christ be pointing the sick, frightened, confused and depressed to the Bread of Life...the true hope. All churches across the globe, should endeavor to do such a thing.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On May 10, 2020
IrepChrist:

Ofcourse I won't go, I am not an idiot, and I know that God does not endorse such foolishness. That said, I would like to dare those who march forward on these missions, to do so without PPE, if they really want the world to take them any seriously. grin grin grin grin
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Bola146(f): 3:47am On May 10, 2020
No, why not pray for them at your home
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Eviana(f): 4:21am On May 10, 2020
Christ has never been into numbers. One can look into the story of Gideon (Judges 7 KJV) to see how the army's numbers dwindled from the thousands to the hundreds.
There were folks claiming to be believers, but their 'words' gave them away...revealed them.
The cowards, fearful, selfish mockers, & tares had to first be separated from the ones willing to represent God regardless.
To the(2) posters above me, don't worry cause the call 'ain't' for everybody.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On May 10, 2020
Eviana:
Christ has never been into numbers. One can look into the story of Gideon (Judges 7 KJV) to see how the army's numbers dwindled from the thousands to the hundreds.
There were folks claiming to be believers, but their 'words' gave them away...revealed them.
The cowards, fearful, selfish mockers, & tares had to first be separated from the ones willing to represent God regardless.
To the(2) posters above me, don't worry cause the call 'ain't' for everybody.

Christ was not in the story of Gideon. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed And there is really no logical parallel to be drawn between Gideon's story and this particular thread topic.

That said, since Christ sent his disciples out asking them to take with them no money for their purses(basically no protection), I ask again that those who choose to step forward on this mission should be prepared to do so without PPE if they intend to be taken seriously grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by helinues: 5:27am On May 10, 2020
Why should I go even when the superior holy ghost chickening out from Corona palava...

1 Like

Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Nobody: 5:29am On May 10, 2020
Who is this Pharisee asking this type of question? Why tempt God? Some questions are not genuine but just plain ridiculous therefore needs not to be replied.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by IrepChrist: 12:07pm On May 10, 2020
Eulalia:
Who is this Pharisee asking this type of question? Why tempt God? Some questions are not genuine but just plain ridiculous therefore needs not to be replied.

You got it all wrong ma, these are last days and revival is returning to the church a time will come the house of the lord will be exalted and many will run to it for refuge watch and see very soon even isolation centres will be open for preachers to come in and administer salvation and healing we are in those days be ready when you are called upon.

Paul said i became weak to them that are weak that i may save some
..Check 1Cor. 9:22., Joel 2: 28
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Eviana(f): 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Christ was not in the story of Gideon. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed And there is really no logical parallel to be drawn between Gideon's story and this particular thread topic.

That said, since Christ sent his disciples out asking them to take with them no money for their purses(basically no protection), I ask again that those who choose to step forward on this mission should be prepared to do so without PPE if they intend to be taken seriously grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh my first post pertained to the OP and my Gideon example has everything to do with what you and the other poster above me said. If you wouldn't do it, fine--your choice. But don't discourage those that would.
It seems as if a large portion of Nigerian churches are corrupt...especially the mega ones.
My initial post is directed at the tiny percentage of bible-based remnant, sincere churches there that must surely exist. They aren't popular and mega so they get '0' attention. God has always had a remmant who serve Him sincerely. Out of every 10 corrupt churches in Nigeria (for example) there exists at least two sincere ones. I speak to them.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 10, 2020
IrepChrist:

You got it all wrong ma, these are last days and revival is returning to the church a time will come the house of the lord will be exalted and many will run to it for refuge watch and see very soon even isolation centres will be open for preachers to come in and administer salvation and healing we are in those days be ready when you are called upon.

Paul said i became weak to them that are weak that i may save some
..Check 1Cor. 9:22., Joel 2: 28

Ok.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On May 19, 2020
Eviana:

My initial post is directed at the tiny percentage of bible-based remnant, sincere churches there that must surely exist. They aren't popular and mega so they get '0' attention. God has always had a remmant who serve Him sincerely. Out of every 10 corrupt churches in Nigeria (for example) there exists at least two sincere ones. I speak to them.
A remnant you call them. I am reminded of the Story Jesus told of the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 13 vs 24-29
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 Then Jesus used another story to teach them. Jesus said, “God’s kingdom is like a man who planted good seed in his field.
25 That night, while everyone was asleep, the man’s enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat and then left.
26 Later, the wheat grew, and heads of grain grew on the plants. But at the same time the weeds also grew.
27 Then the man’s servants came to him and said, ‘You planted good seed in your field. Where did the weeds come from?’
28 “The man answered, ‘An enemy planted weeds.’

“The servants asked, ‘Do you want us to go and pull up the weeds?’

29 “He answered, ‘No, because when you pull up the weeds, you might also pull up the wheat. 30 Let the weeds and the wheat grow together until the harvest time. At the harvest time I will tell the workers this: First, gather the weeds and tie them together to be burned. Then gather the wheat and bring it to my barn.’”
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Eviana(f): 2:35pm On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

A remnant you call them. I am reminded of the Story Jesus told of the Kingdom of God.

Nice example...
When I use the word "remnant" in this context, I am just meaning that small portion of churches (of ALL denominations) who are trying to serve the Lord as best as they can...without fanfare & entertainment...just sincerely & simply. They aren't in the forefront, but as you referenced, the wheat & tares must grow until the time of harvest...when all will be revealed.
I don't know the sincere churches' names, but they must exist because God's people are scattered all over the world.
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On May 20, 2020
Eviana:
I don't know the sincere churches' names, but they must exist because God's people are scattered all over the world.
We do exist! wink grin
Re: COVID 19: Would You Join Envangelism Team To An Isolation Center? by Eviana(f): 11:19pm On May 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

We do exist! wink grin

Yes...I totally believe they exist.
Every single church in Nigeria CANNOT be corrupt/compromised.

(1) (Reply)

Is Bill Gates Really An Antichrist? / Spiritual Work Or Spells To Neutralize Eating In Dreams / Practical And Pure Religion: Christianity Or Churchianity (by B.O.E)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.