Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives (62560 Views)

Wike Has Completed CFC Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures / COVID-19: FAAN Threatens To Jail VIPs, Others Flouting Airports Protocols / Anambra Police Forces Transporters To Obey Covid-19 Safety Directives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Sagay212: 9:39am On May 10, 2020
This man don dey overdo ooo. E be like crase don enter him head. Why demolish when you can just lock the hotel up or use it as isolation centre pending the time the whole Corona virus thing is over and the return property to the owners.
This man don dey mumu himself ooo

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2020
Globad:
The hotel owner will sue Wike and win.

The funny thing is that it's Rivers state money that will be used to rebuild the hotel and pay damages for lost business and psychological devastation

So, Rivers people should speak against this abuse of power on time smiley cool

Wait o...what kind of logic is this sef?

Why not prosecute the operators of the hotel? Why demolish?

So if Presidential Hotel on Aba road opens, you will demolish it?

Did Presidential hotel open during this lockdown??
Think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Benwallt(m): 9:44am On May 10, 2020
Teach'em lesson.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Xscape1993(m): 9:46am On May 10, 2020
igwe699:

The Rivers State Government headed by Nyesom Wike is set to demolish Prudent Hotel and Etemeteh Hotel.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2907079299386872&substory_index=0&id=2211556665605809
Can our rulers fight for development for us as they are fighting this virus? Do they truly like us?
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Tareq1105: 9:47am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Power corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton
The above is not the problem with Wike. I feel it is in times like this, that we need those who can wield and exercise their power. We are in very desperate times and no more than in desperate time are desperate measures needed. In some States, Dangote trucks are used to import the viruses. We must be watchful and pray for a governor like Wike. If we had him as president, he'd stopped the virus from flying in. If the south west had him, they'd shut all the exits from Lagos and probably have lesser cases... Wike is signalling to the powerful and those held high, that the life of his people matter; and it would not be traded as is done in Kano and other states, for the economic benefit of a certain few.

Stop comparing Lagos with Rivers.

In the last 4 months, how many international flights had touched down or flown out of your Rivers?

We in the South West don't wish to have your Wike bcoz he doesn't think before taking decision. That explains why he keeps going front and backward.

Wike is power drunk even against the people he claims he loves.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by realvikash: 9:47am On May 10, 2020
ThierryJay:

That's exactly what he is doing! In the example I gave, there is an existing law/directive that stipulates flouting of traffic rules as an offence, there's existing Law that designates fraudulent acts as criminal offence.

That he already gave a directive does not give him unilateral powers to determine the punishment for those who flouted the directives. The punishments he is meting out are not documented in his directive.

Going by your logic, you'd have no problem if Wike executed defaulters of the lockdown to the death since, after all, he had already given a directive. Now ponder on this point deeply like a rational being that you are.

Bro there's a big difference with him giving orders and him attaching sanctions to punish defaulters of that order. He already stated the punishment to be meted out for failure to comply to the order, and they willingly disobeyed.
Do People who complied to the order have two heads. Movement is allowed insofar as you have permit from.the Governor or you're providing an essential duty to the State.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by realvikash: 9:50am On May 10, 2020
double0seven:

Are you okay at all? And did you go to school?

He should demolish a whole hotel because it didn't comply completely with the lock down?

So what happened to shutting down the hotel? Barricading it and making them to pay a hefty fine?

And then he has no such right? Only a judge can give that order, and judge will never give such an order.

Get sense bro, I did go to school Fam.
He gave a order and attached this sanction to it. Or will the Hotel say they did not hear or were not duly informed of the governor's directives?
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by CodeTemplar: 9:50am On May 10, 2020
Seun:
Idiots in power.
lol... covidiots.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by eyinjuege: 10:01am On May 10, 2020
Xscape1993:
Can our rulers fight for development for us as they are fighting this virus? Do they truly like us?

No leader cares
If they could rule Nigeria while living in America, UK, Maldives, UAE, they would, so far they're still able to steal and embezzle

2 Likes

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by PigTormentor: 10:06am On May 10, 2020
[s]
othermen:
Lord Acton
The above is not the problem with Wike. I feel it is in times like this, that we need those who can wield and exercise their power. We are in very desperate times and no more than in desperate time are desperate measures needed. In some States, Dangote trucks are used to import the viruses. We must be watchful and pray for a governor like Wike. If we had him as president, he'd stopped the virus from flying in. If the south west had him, they'd shut all the exits from Lagos and probably have lesser cases... Wike is signalling to the powerful and those held high, that the life of his people matter; and it would not be traded as is done in Kano and other states, for the economic benefit of a certain few.
[/s]

UTTER GEBRISH. ONLY A BRAINWASHED FOOL WILL BUY THIS TRASH.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by PigTormentor: 10:08am On May 10, 2020
What a complete dictator and a wicked soul this thugnor is. Some idiots are supporting this fool only because he belongs in their party and they need him for their delusional Biafuro land.
What an errant rubbish.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Nwaelohim: 10:10am On May 10, 2020
By the end of COVID-19 in Nigeria The only business in Port Harcourt will be church, shops/eatery and private schools. Majority of investment would have left the State. Since Wike became governor trans amadi industrial area is more of malls and churches because of his lack of capacity to lead. Threatening business and people. Spending monthly allocation of Rivers State anyhow he wishes is the only thing he does I pity Rivers State. 3years will be too long for Rivers State

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by ussy09(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2020
we need the likes of wike or el-rufai as president
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by ozoneboy(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Lord Acton
Keep quiet,when someone is stupid,you say he is strong,it's people like u that was hailing abacha,that year,immediately he died u changed your stand.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by don4real18(m): 10:20am On May 10, 2020
Why didn't he auction Caverton helicopter or demolish their structure? Power pass power grin
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by mrvitalis(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2020
Parisian:
In Italy there was a fine of €1,000 for stepping out during the quarantine. Did you have the same sentiments then?
Fine is ok but demolishing a hotel no ..fine them .... you have no right to take another man source of income and years of hard work
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by sleemomymy: 10:33am On May 10, 2020
IF YOU LIKE DEMOLISH WHOLE RIVER STATE, BUBU WILL NOT GIVE YOU SHI SHI...................LOl

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by tuzle(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2020
somehow:
how will they move the virus to ogun from lagos when they can't get into ogun due to the border lockdown
when the lock down is finally lifted at ogun state
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Abaman001(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2020
Ten06:
I thought they said Buhari is a dictator, now that they have seen the real dictator why are they keeping mum?

You be real junky
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Adex097: 10:37am On May 10, 2020
igwe699:
Wike is not wicked
This is nothing but wickedness. Why not seize the property and convert to an isolation center??
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by IamHonourable1: 10:39am On May 10, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Wicked Wike grin grin

Wike isn't wicked,it's only that many Nigerians are stubborn.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Yanglee(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Lord Acton

But if it was the likes of El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello or even the president doing such you would have cried blue murder? And Buhari is the tyrant.

Why demolish when you can put it to good use? It is well ooooo.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by CreekCommando: 10:41am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Lord Acton
People who contradict themselves are usually bad leaders or even bad husbands because they usually don't stand one place. Listen to yourself again:

''Power corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton''..Meaning Wike is already power-drunk

AND

''The above is not the problem with Wike. I feel it is in times like this, that we need those who can wield and exercise their power. We are in very desperate times and no more than in desperate time are desperate measures needed''...Meaning Wike is doing very well.
Are you from that side where people don't stand one place? grin grin
For me: Wike is doing very well to forestall impending calamity; and you already hailed that in your second stanza.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Abaman001(m): 10:44am On May 10, 2020
solsticey2k3:
Why demolish?! undecided
This is counter-productive. Money was spent to build, money will be spent to demolish.
Why not convert to something useful.

Isolation centre
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Abaman001(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2020
clemmonce:
I dont blame you if it were to be your hotel you won't be saying such. Demolish a business because they did not obey a law. Really ? And you are praising him for that. Then Rivers is not different from North Korea. Do you see why our old politicians are still the best..... imagine Wike as president.... you know the rest of the story

If he was the hotel owner he won't flout the order haven understood what is happening all over the world, people are no longer save, one must be alive before owning a property and also do business
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by somehow: 10:47am On May 10, 2020
There is an interstate lock down in the west, so I even if each state relaxes their lockdown, no interstate travel would be allowed.
tuzle:
when the lock down is finally lifted at ogun state
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Abaman001(m): 10:48am On May 10, 2020
philip0906:

But when Buhari does same, una go wail...make una dey fool unaself

The dead one or which one
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Abaman001(m): 10:51am On May 10, 2020
sizer07:
Wike!Wike!!wike!!!. This man shd be very careful the way he goes abt lording that state becuz power is transient. Most of those guys are self made hardened militant commanders who made there ill gotten wealth from the creeks and establish business to make a living. Wike will not stay in office for ever. He most be prepared for what will come next in his life when he eventually leaves that office. Boys go find am reach lasgidi follow there enter express. Except he is planing on going for exile from Rivers. He is bitting more than he can chew. Arab nonsense. Demolished people source of lives. What happen to sanction with heavy fined. Wike stop this rough play abeg. But on a serious note this man na him fit Nigerians ,wike be president things will change for goods, painstakingly. Places like lagos key will have been inside 3rd midland bridge by now if Wike. Happens to be lagos state governor.Wike the Action man. Talk and do mannerless man

Mad man talk.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Myself2(m): 10:53am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Lord Acton

Mmmm mmmmm I shake my head in great pity for a king who has suddenly run mad and is dancing naked at the market square and none of the palace chiefs and kingmakers is bold enough to tell the king he is dancing naked.
A disastrous end is ahead for such a king. A calamitously catastrophic end is ahead of such a mad king

Who will tell Nyesom Ezenwo Wike that he is dancing naked I'm sure his case is not hopeless and not beyond redemption, the great oil-rich state of Rivers should still have men and women who should be able to look Gov Wike in the eye and tell him that his breadth stinks, someone that will tell him that power indeed is transient and he won't be governor forever.
Great Rivers people, arise and avert the looming catastrophe in your state.

Ka Chineke mezi okwu
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Nobody: 10:57am On May 10, 2020
Theboss100:
If you are not a typical PH guy, please I will advice you to keep ur mouth shut. U think is easy to govern Rivers State?? If you are weak in nature, nobody will vote for you. Rivers is like Nigeria as a whole. Filled with stubborn humans. So we love our governors to be high-handed in some cases to bring sanity to the system. We are not complaining, we the same ones are at home obeying government directives. Let him deal decisively on those stubborn goats. Wike is what Nigeria need as president.

Story to those who doesn't know the antecedent of anything Rivers State. More like you are talking to a novice.

People who will exploit any available opportunity to loot and snatch from you...

Nonsense.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by philip0906(m): 11:00am On May 10, 2020
Abaman001:

The dead one or which one
maybe the one the late nnamdi kanu spoke about
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Nobody: 11:01am On May 10, 2020
xscoffy:

I don't argue with kids. I argue with men. I don't even reply there insults. They basically got no fact. They speak based on what they hear from kanu.

I have lived many years in river state and can basically tell you an Igbo man biggest enemy ain't hausa man but ikwere man. Same is applicable to bayelsa. Have stayed there too. They ain't got single love for an Igbo man yet this kids campaign wike as a biafran. I no de get time argue with pple.
Before you argue with me,first travel to different states n spend time.

I work in a company full of deltans.. they will never allow u get rest of mind they find out ur an Igbo. U can never do anything to please them.

Yet some kids come here to believe rubbish. Mtchew

Words on Marble. They are living on another planet not on this planet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks / How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.