Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives (62558 Views)

Wike Has Completed CFC Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures / COVID-19: FAAN Threatens To Jail VIPs, Others Flouting Airports Protocols / Anambra Police Forces Transporters To Obey Covid-19 Safety Directives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by lukui: 8:26am On May 10, 2020
River state people abeg don't complain oooo, shebi you voted for him?

So keep on enjoying him!!

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Azino1984(m): 8:26am On May 10, 2020
Nice one by Wike.. No ignorant before the law.. The instruction as well as warning was given before now. No body is above the law.. Lagos state did it to Funke Akindele because of partying.. We Nigerians need a bitter lesson to obey instructions.. The instruction was so clear and the implications as well as the punishment for defaulters was so clear too.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by sleekdre: 8:27am On May 10, 2020
Why demolish it? Why not turn it to isolation centre? Stupid Wike. When Lagos is begging people to use their houses as isolation center PH is demolishing potential one...

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Nobody: 8:29am On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Wickedness of this man disgusts even high heavens.

His character shows the average and overall character of an Ikwerre man

That's same way they took over and destroyed nearly all Igbo properties in PH......Only few Igbos survived the onslaught.

Tuehh
I love this.

I kept laughing each time those gullible fellows say river state is a biafra state. This is a typical example. Those I'd!ots sit at their comfort zone in the east and doesn't know what we staying with southerners are seeing.

Those kids open mouth to insult u when u ain't in support of biafra. I do laff cos they are still being spoon fed by their parents in the east. This is a typical example. This is the type of fellow they will come out everyday to tell u he is what they need in BIAFRA land. I off for some of our fellow igbos' stupidity.

If as an igbo u can travel to about 70% of this country,u will come to a conclusion that u don't have a brother. Come over to pH and see how igbos are being marginalized by the so called IKWERRE u see as your bro.

BIAFRA remains a joke until we (igbos) r able to identify our enemies in this country and stop seeing them as part of us.

AS USUAL,KIDS CAN GO AHEAD AND INSULT THEIR FATHER,I DONT CLAP BACK.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Softmojo(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2020
Seriously... Nyesom Wike is power drunk.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Miebaka22(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2020
LegendaryLover:
why not just shut-down the hotel instead of demolishing. Then make them pay heavy fines to reopen when covid pandemic is finally dealt with. It shouldn't just be about yielding political power with ur big head & stomach, pls think economic & environmental impact also.
why is nobody asking the hotels why they disobeyed simple instructions, warning has been given and people are disobeying it and you want like to be soft with them.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Vikynas: 8:31am On May 10, 2020
igwe699:
Wike is not wicked
he's not wicked at all because he gave warnings
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by grandstar(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2020
othermen:
Power corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton
The above is not the problem with Wike. I feel it is in times like this, that we need those who can wield and exercise their power. We are in very desperate times and no more than in desperate time are desperate measures needed. In some States, Dangote trucks are used to import the viruses. We must be watchful and pray for a governor like Wike. If we had him as president, he'd stopped the virus from flying in. If the south west had him, they'd shut all the exits from Lagos and probably have lesser cases... Wike is signalling to the powerful and those held high, that the life of his people matter; and it would not be traded as is done in Kano and other states, for the economic benefit of a certain few.

He can achieve same by following the law. The constitution is sacrosanct.

I'm sure the law gives him the right to lock up the place and sue them for instance.

2 Likes

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by GeoAfrikana(m): 8:32am On May 10, 2020
LegendaryLover:
why not just shut-down the hotel instead of demolishing. Then make them pay heavy fines to reopen when covid pandemic is finally dealt with. It shouldn't just be about yielding political power with ur big head & stomach, pls think economic & environmental impact also.

Your comment is guided.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by sisisioge: 8:33am On May 10, 2020
Closed should be the remedy...why demolish them? The guy na wa o.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by edoairways: 8:33am On May 10, 2020
tatatar:
The hypocrisy
Were this to be buhari doing this the people praising wike right now would have screamed blue murder.I'm certain every one here has flouted one lockdown rule or another.
He's action still is illegal,and he will clearly loose out when he gets sued.At the end of the day it's with Rivers State money the hotel will be rebuilt with.There are other ways of appropriately meting out a punishment.
That punishment is the best. Most Nigerians are stubborn hence a strict deterrent would sent a message
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by litaninja(m): 8:33am On May 10, 2020
Demolish because of??
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by ThierryJay: 8:33am On May 10, 2020
realvikash:

No, that's not what he's doing. As far as he gave a directive before it happened, that's a big difference. Nigerians normally no dey hear word. They like flouting orders. So this punishments will serve as deterrents to future defaulters

That's exactly what he is doing! In the example I gave, there is an existing law/directive that stipulates flouting of traffic rules as an offence, there's existing Law that designates fraudulent acts as criminal offence.

That he already gave a directive does not give him unilateral powers to determine the punishment for those who flouted the directives. The punishments he is meting out are not documented in his directive.

Going by your logic, you'd have no problem if Wike executed defaulters of the lockdown to the death since, after all, he had already given a directive. Now ponder on this point deeply like a rational being that you are.

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Nobody: 8:34am On May 10, 2020
Ikwerre Amaka, land grab agenda loading.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by emperor863(m): 8:34am On May 10, 2020
topcatking:
Wike for president please

It will never happen. Wike knows this but do political neophytes know?

We do not know who the next President is but we know those that will not be President.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by ksmart027(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2020
realvikash:
I see some Nigerian's condemning his actions. I don't understand, what is wrong with you people, wetin Una want exactly. Cause insofar as government is concerned or law is concerned, the governor of a state gave and announced an order backed by sanctions which he painstakingly noted out too. People obeyed, but some people consciously flouted the order, now he punishes them according to the aforementioned order he gave, and you guys are condemning him?? Did the citizens who obeyed his directives have two heads ??.
What is law or order if it is not backed by sanctions?
The guy is just trying to protect his state jare
The man is trying to protect is state by demolishing a hotel. Get some sense jare.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by edoairways: 8:37am On May 10, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Demolish ke? Is this a personal beef o what?
Simple directive they didn't obey. Other hotels who obeyed were not fools
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Addme: 8:38am On May 10, 2020
Globad:

You're VERY SURE?

How can you be very sure of what another person will NOT do? Think about it
That's not the first time he's issuing out threat like that which he would eventually back down and later lie that "due to intervention of well meaning Rivers elders^...
Wait and see.....
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by RulerIAm(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2020
Please, someone should please help me. I'm about to be evicted from where I live. Tomorrow precisely. I am a Keke rider in Delta State but my Keke has been bad fir sometime now. What I'm owing is 38k. I will be too glad if I can be helped. Never done this before but it seems the only way out. Pls help me.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Mayflowa(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2020
topcatking:
Wike for president please

This is how Nigerians now think in terms of governance! It is senseless for a governor to make such pronouncement. That looks like village meeting decision. Do you destroy property of people breaking law or you arrest them and have them in court? You can only seize property that was procured with illegal means let alone destruction.

1 Like

Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by ruggedtimi(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
I'm very sure wike will not carry out all these threats he just want to scared everybody away from coming to rivers state now or from flouting the state government orders
they already demolished some parts of the hotel
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by onyxo76(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2020
NairalandSon:
Wike is going mad
i tell you, soon he will carry gun and start shooting people on the street for violating lockdown. you can seal a hotel but which one be demolition? he won't be governor forever na
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by igorbest(m): 8:41am On May 10, 2020
U be mumu?
OhBiafra:
Let him try it...
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by kenmaro: 8:42am On May 10, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
I'm very sure wike will not carry out all these threats he just want to scared everybody away from coming to rivers state now or from flouting the state government orders

I agree with you as he has no power to even execute that lest he pays for it as it wasn't a criminal offence that mandates a capital punishment. The most penalty is an option of a fine or sealing off the hotel for some considerable period.

A good leader do not make statements just for threats to her citizenry. Wike should learn to think over his words/actions to ensure he makes pronouncements that he is capable of so as not to be taken for granted as a noise maker overtime. It is unfortunate, those are the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria. Leaders who don't review the implications of their policies before making pronouncements.

A good king listens & talks less while his subjects are deliberating. He doesn't go into argument with them. Remove government powers from our politicians and no one respects them because they are only feared by their powers of corruption and not respected by their power of wisdom. That's why we never respect most past leaders; governors, presidents, etc.
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Oromwos: 8:42am On May 10, 2020
Fg must give Wike that 10b oh! Hmmm
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Toscarel: 8:42am On May 10, 2020
Arrewa:
But if na Buhari now you will tag him a dictator!!

See as you're trying so hard to paint a wicked dictator a Saint!!

You're trying to justify his action... Then where's the rule of law?? And the idiot is even a lawyer for that matter!

Same people calling Buhari a dictator are calling wike a Hero!!

Africa and Hypocrisy!!

shatap¡!!!!!!! he zis doing a good job, the dulardinho in aso rock is a criminal
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by Zchi1052(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2020
igwe699:
Wike is not wicked
Woke 2023 this is the man we need for our redemption
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by blowjob: 8:45am On May 10, 2020
WHEN NA BUHARI NOW,SOME FOLKS GO DEY FIND SNIPER TO DRINK FOR THE MATTER angry angry

WELL WIKI NA SICK BASTARD,MAKE HIM TRY AM. angry angry
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:45am On May 10, 2020
edoairways:

Simple directive they didn't obey. Other hotels who obeyed were not fools
And the penalty is to demolish? That's extreme!
Re: Prudent Hotel, Etemeteh Hotel To Be Demolished For Flouting Wike's Directives by alezzy13: 8:45am On May 10, 2020
na wa o. This man body just dey hot anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kaduna Airport Is Now Ready For 24-hour Operations. See Its New Looks / How Do I Apply For Philippines Visa / All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.