Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,867 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) (91934 Views)

Governor Wike Demolishes Slaughter Market (PHOTO) / Wike Demolishes Ikoku Spare Parts market / Wike Demolishes Trans-Amadi Central Mosque In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Fairview1: 4:08pm On May 10, 2020
I think this is one of the most stupid thing Wike has ever done in recent time. As much as I admire his strict leadership style, I do not see any positive reason why he should order his workforce to destroy the hotel.

There are many more other things that hotel could have been used for. He could also have confiscated the building, on bases that huge fines must be paid before he relinquish the building to the management.

It's a sheer display of insensitivity, lack of empathy and by extension compassion. If only Wike knows that destroying the hotel is indirectly counting to a loss on his state IGR, he could have thought otherwise.

On the other part, Nigerians should learn to adapt in every situation. When the state of federal government issues a guideline, ensure you follow the due process to avoid unwarranted assault and damages. Except if the direction is veered towards you or your company alone, then I can advise you put up a fight through litigation an other necessary means.

Wisdom demands that we should always fight on the condition not the condition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Reference(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

You are on ground!
Lots of people commenting here are not in Rivers state,so they don't know what is really happening.

Rivers is an important State in Nigeria so it concerns all. Outside Lagos and Abuja I think Rivers is the most cosmopolitan state in Nigeria so its matters are of national interest. You cannot benefit from an open economy without the responsibility of global scrutiny. Only China resists this.

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by cuteboy2: 4:09pm On May 10, 2020
"Ordinary threat" ke? It is only Governor Sanwo-Olu who issues empty threats. That is why danfo, keke and drivers of "small doctor" do not take him serious. They flout the lockdown regulations with impunity.

traihit:
Like seriously?

I throught this was going to be an ordinary threat but seems the gov is hellbent. While I won't for any reason support disobedience to government's orders, he should have fined them heavily before allowing then reopen it. Now, it's loss and losses. He hasn't gain, the hotel managers haven't gain. Rather the governor has attracted more critics.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2020
uniqueboi1:

We go still do am again collect Igbo properties for PORT HARCOURT. Rivers State will never be part of their biafra. Confused people.
Lol. Scavengers! That's their trademark! Eating where they didn't sow! Little wonder all the wealthy ikwerre employers can be counted with my 10 fingers!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Maghan37: 4:10pm On May 10, 2020
2special:
Emotions before reasoning... Is it that this guy no get advisers or relatives that can tell him the truth.
Guy u just expressed my mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by lildush(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2020
When God start to punish some people dey will start asking why? DIS is 1 of d bad deeds that incure Gods wrath... I sympathize with the owner of the hotel... God will fight Ur battle.

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Aboks(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
Theboss100:
Keep lying u here!!! Wike is from my LGA Obio/Akpor and not Ikwerre LGA. I think it's from Borno in Sambisa LGA

Ikwerre men

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by pasol4real(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2020
olalat:
but the Yorubas who kept their properties for them to fall back on after the war, what are the paying back presently. insults. igbos no better pass ikwere.
The issue with Igbo vs Yoruba has nothing to do with hatred or wickedness for each other but rather competition between both tribes.
Pls do not relate this with the wickedness n bitterness
Of the ikwerres.

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Roozzaay(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2020
This man is going out of his head

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by michoim(m): 4:16pm On May 10, 2020
Lorazepam:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Instead of converting the hotel to isolation centre
On point...Wike doesn't have economic sense

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 4:17pm On May 10, 2020
bcashy:
Lets wait and see how wike will end in rivers state grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Wike will end fine, rivers people love him... take it or leave it.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Chuksyno(m): 4:18pm On May 10, 2020
This is really beyond violation of lockdown order. There could be nefarous activities going on in the hotel which was recently uncovered. ELeme is a different local government while lockdown is active in portharcourt and obio-akpo. My thoughts though.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by idonhammer: 4:19pm On May 10, 2020
You can say that again bro..very wicked somebody.

Juliusmalema:
Wickedness of this man disgusts even high heavens.

His character shows the average and overall character of an Ikwerre man

That's same way they took over and destroyed nearly all Igbo properties in PH......Only few Igbos survived the onslaught.
Tuehh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Maghan37: 4:20pm On May 10, 2020
traihit:
Like seriously?

I throught this was going to be an ordinary threat but seems the gov is hellbent. While I won't for any reason support disobedience to government's orders, he should have fined them heavily before allowing then reopen it. Now, it's loss and losses. He hasn't gain, the hotel managers haven't gain. Rather the governor has attracted more critics.
Guy you are very correct in your statement. I quite agree with you regarding the fact that the governor could have fined them or even fined and suspended their operations for a lengthy period of time but not this. That means there is even an high possibility that he will auction the cars he seized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by NairaMaster1(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2020
Power of executive order
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by IkwerrePikin: 4:21pm On May 10, 2020
pasol4real:

Wicked savages

No like wicked savages, it’s bitter truth.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Rebuke: 4:21pm On May 10, 2020
No! No,no ooo! This is too much!

I said he wouldn't do it and he did. Damn! The man should sue him please. Distroying a man's means of income just for flaunting lockdown order?

No! Wike is wicked, I agree!
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by bonetalk(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2020
2special:
Emotions before reasoning... Is it that this guy no get advisers or relatives that can tell him the truth.
but he issued a warning before they violated it now the consequence
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Reference(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2020
NGpatriot:
This is why Nigeria is not ready for State Police..

Just imagine State Police in the hands of this megalomaniac and thuggish governor.

I know feudalists will jump over this to justify central rule. I hope the national police is serving you well in breaking the laws and letting free movement around the country for a fee because they are not real stakeholders in security of various localities.

I rather choose to see a half full cup in the Wike saga and say that is why we should push ahead with state police but the governor's actions will lead to more study on the pitfalls, and better legislation to checkmate these kind of excesses.

Covid 19 has clearly shown a need for the decentralisation of the Nigerian state in many ways due to lack of capacity at the centre and discordant social values between federating units. The advantages of domiciling social responsibility to localities far outweighs the fear of abuse.

Anyway no one has said state police system will replace the existing federal police system. They can be complimentary as being practiced in several countries of the world. It is a matter of the constitution, law and the deliniation of power.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by NairaMaster1(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:
This is bad

My brother, never underestimate the power of executive order
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by manuelreports: 4:29pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Wickedness of this man disgusts even high heavens.

His character shows the average and overall character of an Ikwerre man

That's same way they took over and destroyed nearly all Igbo properties in PH......Only few Igbos survived the onslaught.
Tuehh

And the west is reaping today from their stupidity and wickeness of seizing Igbos properties who is their own fresh and blood while the far away Yourba man released Igbo properties to them. How many Igbo business men are making serious investment in Port-Harcourt
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Dantedasz(m): 4:29pm On May 10, 2020
Reference:

Rivers is an important State in Nigeria so it concerns all. Outside Lagos and Abuja I think Rivers is the most cosmopolitan state in Nigeria so its matters are of national interest. You cannot benefit from an open economy without the responsibility of global scrutiny. Only China resists this.

Comprehension appears to be a problem here. Go back and read again,this time slowly.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by idahme(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2020
mymadam:
shocked D imminent litigation go tey for court. Lawyers, food don land o undecided

If you know Wetin the law says u no go talk like this, no litigation this is a closed case. State government has the right to revoke C of O within their jurisdiction and use the land for public good . The government can decide to build health center, anything for public good.
If u like go Supreme Court u go loose. That's why it's always good to obey constituted authority to avert this kind of issues.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by newdawn2017(f): 4:33pm On May 10, 2020
blessgreg:
Governor Wike pls thread with caution. Some words spoken should be slept over again and again before acting. This is extreme I must admit
I trust ogoni people wey get mind die! Make him dey forever for government house o.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by bcashy: 4:36pm On May 10, 2020
8stargeneral:
Wike will end fine, rivers people love him... take it or leave it.

Okay sir! grin grin grin grin grin

I will save this post!
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by MikaSoko(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2020
Wikeeeeeeee. Nemesis ooooo
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Ayed44: 4:37pm On May 10, 2020
A very good decision by governor Wike.

Nigerians are used to breaking laws and go Scot free without any consequences. That is why Nigeria is called a lawless country.

With the demolition of this hotel, trust me, no hotel in Rivers state will dare break the Covid 19 regulations again.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by otokx(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2020
While some say he went too far, many in the state do not care. WIKE remains quite popular.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Hcultured007(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2020
Must say, Wike has gone to the extreme and seems his power drunk already, acting like a dictator at a time like this doesn't and won't make people think, you are law enforcing. Several things your advicers should have cautioned you about before you demolished the said hotel..
1. The number of people working in the hotel, how do u expect them to survive.
2. Some the employees of the hotel are breadwinners of their family.
3. That building cost a fortune
4. There are better ways to have treated this case than this you have done.

You just complete the missing puzzle that talks about your true definition of being called WikedWike...

Remember pride beget a fall.. no leader/governor for life, it's temporaral and lastly put yourself in the shoes of the owners of those properties. How would you feel.

Peace Out......
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by bimbodotun(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2020
Call it "wicked"
obasiken:
Mean
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by hollywater: 4:41pm On May 10, 2020
Look at their comment. Nigerians are built on corruption, supporting evil.They fear to ask questions too.
Wike did the right thing. If you are not okay with his actions, sue him let see if you can win this case.
Stay at home is stay home. Una too like wuruwuru thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.