Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) (91865 Views)

Governor Wike Demolishes Slaughter Market (PHOTO) / Wike Demolishes Ikoku Spare Parts market / Wike Demolishes Trans-Amadi Central Mosque In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by OriOko88(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2020
Coldie:
If u want to know the true definition of tyranny that's what is happening in Rivers state.
1. U lockdown a state
2. U say no going to work, then u carry palliatives to start sharing to only indegenes.
3. Fg brings palliatives at least to save non indigenes and indegenes who didn't get u reject it.
4. So many people are stranded in Rivers state as a result of the lockdown, they are homeless, and decided to lodge in hotels, you make them more homeless by shutting down the hotels. And send them off to the streets.

Wow. This is very unacceotable. This can never happen in an egalitarian society. Never. Rivers people re so violent
5. You then announce total lockdown if they see u on the road you are gone, and u unleash everything, both police o, army o, ospac vigilantes, cultists, indegenes on everyone on the road.
6. If u are caught in some places first thing they ask you is are u an indegene u say yes they free you if u say no they start beating u...

That's how fvcked up the state is, even pharmacies and sm hospitals were all closed down.

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:37pm On May 10, 2020
This is sad. I want to believe there is more to this. Haba!
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by OriOko88(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2020
Theboss100:
Amen . bless u too. He warned everybody both on live TV and on radio, yet some people chose to be stubborn. Na him 2nd term be this. Now he can unleash his wrath on the children of disobedience.
Don't rejoice yet. All those police will leave him when his tenure is over. Those cultist may shot him dead. Wike is biting more than he can chew. I guess you're one of his errand boys
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by 3Ceagle(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
To me all these are extreme measures. Always surprise the way you people hail him.

There are other measures to take. This is pure wickedness.

Many Nigerians are stubborn and ready to break whatever law is existing especially when they are connected. Is there a state law that backs the action? If yes why the uproar and calling of names. I will dissagree with actions like this where it is not backed by law.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by frozen70(f): 5:41pm On May 10, 2020
He went too extreme this time around
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by 1willywilly: 5:42pm On May 10, 2020
Coldie:
that's y I laugh igbos who join them with Biafra, them no know wetin them dae do.
keep anything Igbo out of this.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by baralatie(m): 5:43pm On May 10, 2020
Timijo:
I never claim to know the reason before, I only said people should not conclude on the matter. This was how many of you here concluded on the matter of a Nigerian guy that was murdered in his apartment in Turkey some months ago. Many of you said the guy was into a shady business, some even said he was killed by a fellow Nigerian. But when the report of the investigation came out, he was murdered by some Turkish citizens.
Many of you here are too quick to judge without proper reasoning.
so you didnt get the memo from rivers state government ba!
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by 1willywilly: 5:45pm On May 10, 2020
olalat:
but the Yorubas who kept their properties for them to fall back on after the war, what are the paying back presently. insults. igbos no better pass ikwere.
Yorubas are the most Wicked Devilish tribe in Nigeria
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by mysteryman2014: 5:49pm On May 10, 2020
Wike is fast becoming power drunk and running mad.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by CuteYvonne777: 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by toprealman: 5:54pm On May 10, 2020
This Wike is too crude. This is not a military era. Power belongs to the people. Work with systems and stop making it look like you are superman!
Which law gives him the right to demolish that building which passed all checks and have the right papers.
Sadly, if he goes to court, the judges will rule in favour of their pay master....Wike.
We have a systemic failure virus in Nigeria which is more dangerous than COVID-19. Wonder when the lockdown for that one will commence.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Enwhen(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2020
Ghostrye:
wicked. He could've locked the hotels down for a while it even used them as quarantine centers for this Corona shii but no, the evil in him had to mark attendance angry

Rivers is not other state that fears security operatives....if that building it there , activities will continue , unless not less than 100 armed policemen are stationed there to ensure the lockdown , and u know the cost of that ?...

Some people in rivers are govt own their own...there some people in that state Wike cannot demolish their structure of they had done such without the back up of federal govt , I mean they are real warriors ....I don't mean top politicians o, indigenes.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by olalat(m): 6:01pm On May 10, 2020
1willywilly:

Yorubas are the most Wicked Devilish tribe in Nigeria
Ohh Really!! can you tell more on the reason for your ascertio.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by IkwerrePikin: 6:03pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Tell that to those who doesn't know an Ikwerre man or Ikwerre people in general.

Look at the Epistles of your writing to atrocities committed years back by u people.

Ndi ojoo.

What atrocities did we Ikwerre people commit?

Our decision not to be part of your Biafra is what you call atrocities?
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by franugo(m): 6:04pm On May 10, 2020
sassysure:
Before we start criticising, for the governor to be on ground to see the demolition of this ragtag hotel means that the hotel is not a hotel in the real sense of it.

Anything to make river state inhabitable is a welcome development.

Hotel kò

Cultists hideout and initiation quarter.
No be eleme again undecided

What is this one saying
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by IkwerrePikin: 6:04pm On May 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

If my memory serves me right and my sense of geography is correct,I thought the Rivers state government shut down only two local government areas?
1. Port Harcourt Local government area.
2.Obio Akpor local government area.

Please is Eleme part of these two local government areas?

Yes he shut down two local govt areas and warned that no hotel in the entire state should operate as those who smuggle their way to Rivers state especially private company staffs stay at the hotels.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Drcode: 6:06pm On May 10, 2020
bender79:
Mr obedience, I see that no body has ever pardoned you for doing wrong. Anyway, any day you do wrong may you never be forgiven and may your source of income be taken away. okpo!

Amen in Jesus name
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by sosospence(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
To me all these are extreme measures. Always surprise the way you people hail him.

There are other measures to take. This is pure wickedness.
I support PDP,but this sheer wickedness from Wike

1 Like

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by sosospence(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2020
Nwaelohim:
Those supporting Wike ACTION are as wicked as Wike,
If a traveller get trapped in Rivers State due to the sudden today Lock down of PHC, where do you expect the person to stay until lockdown is lifted? Again Eleme was never part of the total lockdown wike said PHALGA AND OBIO-AKPOR
SO why all this wickedness? Citizens don't have right to an attorney again?
Don't mind that agbero governor
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by maiunguwar: 6:13pm On May 10, 2020
gidgiddy:
Destroying a building that could be converted to other uses, what the sense in that?
The intention is to send the right signal to would be law breakers.Our people are too stubborn for there own good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by BabangidaHamza(m): 6:17pm On May 10, 2020
Where is Barrister Femi Falana (SAN)??
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Saintvik(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2020
What do u expect from a tout Governor? Nemesis await him. Watch and see.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Observer1: 6:23pm On May 10, 2020
That man is slowly losing his mind.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Miebaka22(m): 6:25pm On May 10, 2020
Throwback:
I repeat, both Fayose and Wike should never be allowed to become President of Nigeria.

Their regime will never tolerate any dissenting opinion or "disloyalty". They must always be right, and everyone else wrong.

Wike would never have tolerated half of the Wike/PatienceJonathan/FG instigated affront that Gov Rotimi Amaechi suffered under his own PDP and when he was eventually pushed out into the APC.

Did Wike as Federal Minister and PDP loyalist not counter a lawful state government directive of Governor Rotimi Amaechi not to use the Rivers State owned stadium that was newly built and still undergoing "political refurbishment"?
Didn't Wike and the Federal forces sent by President Jonathan, forcefully take over that State premises and use it despite a lawful prohibition order by then Governor Rotimi Amaechi?

Can a Governor Wike ever tolerate such from the Federal government? Is Wike who is now the Governor of the same Rivers State, not now championing the rights of States to issue their own directives and even counter the directives and waivers issued by the FG and the federal agencies?
So Wike knew of the rights of state governments, yet he undermined Rotimi Amaechi using his federal position as minister? Is there a greater hypocrite and tyrant as Wike.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2017/08/15/wike-threatens-apc-members-machete-rivers-says-will-cut-video/amp/

On the contrary, can his advisers and cronies even stomach the audacity to advise him with a contrary opinion on this matter of demolition and other matters?

Your guess is as good as mine.
look at how controversial you are, Ameachi's order is now a lawful order, after using a stadium for his campaign and when PDP(Jonathan) wants to use it for the same purpose that same stadium suddenly became under construction.

Wike sounded it clearly to everyone that there should be total shutdown of night clubs, hotels, and beer parlors. Landlord should ensure there properties are not used for the above else he'd demolish. Nigerians should learn to adhere to instructions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by ramark04: 6:27pm On May 10, 2020
nice one wike gave instruction and dey violate it, now he took action and people are now complaining.

assuming most governor took d right step dis virus will have been reduced cuz dey virus does not have leg to spread by itself it's we that spread it with our ignorance decision that nothing will happen.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by ikabasa1(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2020
Lorazepam:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Instead of converting the hotel to isolation centre
you get sense
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by holocron: 6:30pm On May 10, 2020
Originalsly:
Many were supporting him.... rounding up COVID-19 rule violators like violent criminals..... then moving on to seizing properties...now he is on to demolition.... is it now we are noticing he is above the law?... that he is going too far? We allowed him to start running ... how are we now going to stop a monster at full speed? What next?

Next? The next thing na to begin killings. Shoot at sight, or even killing of covid-19 cases. The man has gone bananas. This behaviour is not ordinary, I swear. The best thing is for the rivers state house of assembly to pass a vote of no confidence and commit him to asylum before he does irrevocable damage to the state.

Wike waka! Shege! Dambruba! Thunder fire you, insha'Allah amen!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by kay10: 6:35pm On May 10, 2020
Wike will never have peace until dead start ringing on his ear, what has they done to deserve this at this crucial time, why is human beings so wicked
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Throwback: 6:38pm On May 10, 2020
Miebaka22:
look at how controversial you are, Ameachi's order is now a lawful order, after using a stadium for his campaign and when PDP(Jonathan) wants to use it for the same purpose that same stadium suddenly became under construction.

Wike sounded it clearly to everyone that there should be total shutdown of night clubs, hotels, and beer parlors. Landlord should ensure there properties are not used for the above else he'd demolish. Nigerians should learn to adhere to instructions.

Amaechi was Governor and the stadium was state property. The Governor had every right to prohibit the use of a state property, whether it was a political decision or not.

I hope Wike is now enjoying the powers of a Governor which he undermined many times when he was a federal Minister?

At least, he has realised he can give counter directives to the ones given by the federal government. I hope he will not cry the day the federal government employ the Army to overrule the directives of the state government like it happened to Rotimi Amaechi with the stadium fiasco.

I hope when that day comes, you will remember that it is only Wike's past that has caught up with him.
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by Dantedasz(m): 6:39pm On May 10, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Yes he shut down two local govt areas and warned that no hotel in the entire state should operate as those who smuggle their way to Rivers state especially private company staffs stay at the hotels.

Okay. I stand corrected but does that include hotels like Hotel Presidential?
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by godofuck231: 6:40pm On May 10, 2020
larryking540:

So why was the hotel destroyed
state of emergency, extreme times, extreme measures, the CSO of the state took a field decision after warnings
Re: Wike Demolishes Prodest Hotel, Eleme In Rivers State (Pictures) by luckyz4rea(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2020
Making unnecessary statement by the demolition

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What I Told Buhari When He Telephoned Me On My Daughter’s Killing -fasoranti / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Mr Macaroni Shares His Polling Unit Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.