Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (59306 Views)

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by AntiWailer: 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
5 million
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Dalby(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls

5million divided by 100k is 50months or 4 years and 2months. Are you sure your 100k job will last that long
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by mayor10(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
I won't even think 2ce .
5 million, they can keep their offer.
Offer that they can give me and the next month , they can say they want to terminate it.
Alaye 5million, final option

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Mac2016(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
SageMK:
If he's jobless, he should accept the job offer.
But if he's employed, he should accept the cash.
Na wa o....
Even many 100k salary earner won't save up to 5million even working for 10 years and let's assume they do.. After 10 years, 5million won't still have same value
Unless there's astronomical career progression plus if the job is in the line of the offeree's profession that he shd settle for the job.
Collect 5m straight... With 5m.. Buy a nice Toyota corolla for Uber budget max of 2m for that
Get a shop to start selling food stuffs then buy napep for interior commercial movements if you're in lagos..

Enjoy the remaining money and look for job else where
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by courage89(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
1. Take the 5 million. Invest the 5 millIon in 3-5 years federal government savings bond @ 10 -12%. Look for another job to develop experience and expertise, to later be your own boss.

2. Take the 5 million naira. Invest in agriculture crowd funding system that pays at least 15% per year. Roll the principal over every year. Look for another job to develop experience and expertise, to later be your own boss.

3.Take the 5 million naira. Invest in farming business. Be your own boss
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by CrazyMan(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
biacan:
Ah collect the money oooo he might work years in that company without saving up to that amount
My dear 5m is mearly peanuts for a start up capital business in Nigeria. No thanks to our miserable economy, insecurity, harsh government policies...ect. one wrong step can make him go broke permanently.

But if he accepts the 100k, he's entitled to loans from the bank of his salary account so he can still take a loan and set up a side business while maintaining his regular job.

With time if the business grows, he can even make more than the 5m.

If the business fails at least he has a job and a salary to fall back to.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Octofirm: 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
Hello,Bros. Tell your friend to collect the#5m. And I will tell him & you angryjhow he can make at least#3m in less than 6months. With the same money. Remember; that: their is no how you can work for salaries and become rich. The Oga is just checking the I.U of your friends, how his mind works & the way he thinks. In ten to fourteen months, he will make, rhe. #5M again. I stays in Abuja. He will use his hands to invest then into physical business and do all the things by himself.

No consultation fee,no interest. Only; if he want to appreciate me,no problem. For more information,he can call:09073377469. Peace. ; grinshocked

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by spartanian(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2020
sonnie10:
This is a no brianer! #5m.
Take the #5M and become your one boss.

Buy a Camry of #2m and use for Uber.

Do only two trips of 3k everyday for each month and your take home would be around 100k

Cash is king.
Wisdom
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Dreyton36: 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
Simple ,
Collect the 5million
Go to a busy area and get a large shop and turn it into a bet9ja centre
Furnish it to the socks , and employ girls with heavy bakasi and big big breast , make them fine join
My brother you go make more than 400k monthly cuz customers go yakpa
Somebody go they come from lekki to come play for your shop at obalende grin just because of big breast and yansh

7 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by drightguy(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
samuelonyewueny:
someone who's wise enough will know that saving 5m from 300K a month job is not funny.

Not funny at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Dreyton36: 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
Dreyton36:
Simple ,
Collect the 5million
Go to a busy area and get a large shop and turn it into a bet9ja centre
Furnish it to the socks , and employ girls with heavy bakasi and big big breast , make them fine join
My brother you go make more than 400k monthly cuz customers go yakpa
Somebody go they come from lekki to come play for your shop at obalende grin just because of big breast and yansh
and na only brazierre them go they wear

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

If you have a business mentality, take the 5million and few years from now, money wouldn't be your problem. But if you are squanderer, just take your job jeje. While taking the job, have in mind that no job lasts forever. The company could downsize in hard times, anything could just go wrong that could make you lose your job. Your exposure to business and who you are in terms of spending should determine your choice. In Reno' voice, your children cannot inherit your job but if you build business they will. I am using YOU because I know you are really the guy .

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Openbusiness: 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

"And a King came that didn't know Joseph and he enslaved the Israelites"... Another management can come up later and won't remember the man that died, or honor old agreements. He better take the N5 million and walk off while he still can. He can do a lot with N5m and be paying himself 100k salary
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Xclusiveme: 9:55pm On May 10, 2020
With 5m i can start up a business that will yield me more than 100k a month
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tatatar: 9:56pm On May 10, 2020
I will take the 5million of course.
...but ermm,let me include something non have said yet:
According to the stats,more than 90% of start-ups fail cheesy
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by AsawanaDgreat: 9:56pm On May 10, 2020
Am cool with 5m ooo
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by romeorailss: 9:56pm On May 10, 2020
5 million divided by 100k will give you 50 angry

That's the salary for 50 months ( over 4 years ) given you to start sth with your life .

If you stick to the 100k job , what is the assurance that you will last 1 year on that job given so many uncertainties at work place .
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Damiilola(f): 9:58pm On May 10, 2020
100k is okay
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tunize(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
To make #5m while working on #100k pay it will take u 50months meaning 4yrs and two month to make the 5million in full without torching the #100k. Assuming u accept the #100k monthly pay and be saving sey #50k it will take u 100months meaning 8yrs and 4month to save #5m. So tink well. Abi u fit work sey u nor torch ur #100k salary? And besides were u not working before? If yes collect #5m do bttr tin business.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
What kind of questions is this this now??

Please get out of here!!!

A job is a corporate Slavery!!

Someone is giving you a 5 million Naira gift , but you are comparing it with 100K job!

Let me burst your bubble, to me 5million Naira gift is far better than a 400K job!

Think about how many months you will have to work to make a SAVINGS of 5 million Naira!!!

3 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by afecgivers: 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
With a good business plan and execution I can brake even within 24months. I can then start paying myself N200k monthly at the third year financial forecast.

So! I go for 5m
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Phyde: 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
chiefolododo:
Collect the money. Look for job elsewhere, go into ICT , TECH skills
Where in Lagos can I find good one ?
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by jjmk(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2020
Jobless or not, he should take the 5m. There are no job guarantees.
A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Bestchoice4me(m): 10:00pm On May 10, 2020
Alaye.. Collect ur 5Chom.. Setup a profitable biz, Have u ever seen a salary earner on the forbe list.. Salary -Something Always Little And Reducing You..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by thundafire: 10:00pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Are some people born without brains?
dats y he be man of steel meaning na steel be him brain grin

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by ConnectMee: 10:00pm On May 10, 2020
Collect the money.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by HIPROFILE(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
Only a dumb head will go for a job of 100k

I bet that dude is not Igbo

My brother just give a focused young igbo man 5M and meet him in five years as employer of labour
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Decaf: 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
sonnie10:
This is a no brianer! #5m.
Take the #5M and become your one boss.

Buy a Camry of #2m and use for Uber.

Do only two trips of 3k everyday for each month and your take home would be around 100k

Cash is king.

Can u be my SA (Special Adviser)? lol..
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by bonnyhope: 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
Exc2000:

Even a fool knows 5 million naira is the right option

with 5 million naira I will buy 2 Toyota Corrola and put it on uber / taxify and I will register with Jumia delivery partners like AIG logistic, i'll drive one and get a driver to drive the other one .. I bet you my monthly earning from jumia delivery + Uber + Taxify would exceed 500k a month after cost of vehicle depreciation, salary and vehicle mentainance, and every 6 months I would expand my fleet , and with a good comprehensive insurance premium of 80k-120k per anum, my investment are fvcking safe.. infact I might be tempted to pray for an accident or for the car to get stolen as I would get the cost of my car back as claims

but 100k running someones business where you don't have executive decisions or business decision is like cowardly placing your life In the hands of the company directors that can fire you at anytime

I like ur comment

Many are saying he should take the 5m without pointing out what to do with it

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Xclusiveme: 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
rajiedreez:
Collect the money and use 1m to buy federal government work, if he's lucky sef he can buy a job that has like 6 month's arrears. Then continue enjoying your life

Do u have the link to that kind of connection

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Nigerian Retirees Vs European Retirees In Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.