Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide (59173 Views)

100k Job On The Mainland Vs 150k Job On Island. Please Help!!! / Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:36pm On May 10, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
A lump sum can only do go with an already mapped-out investment strategy that has been test-run and will most likely succeed.....

Only an investment savvy individual get to "pull weight" in an enclave littered with corruption amidst very bad economy!

ManOfSteel will advice you choose to make regular love with your bae for 10mins anytime you so desire, than choosing to have a one time sex romp of over 15hours, if such offer is made.
Hmph, so much said through sex. He should go with the job.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

I swear. Some questions are not even worth asking. It shows stupidity.
It will take him over 4 years to make 5m. Then you have 5m once in lump sum and you ate still asking for people's opinion.
To even get a secured federal government job in a good agency, you don't need more than 1m
I swear. The vast contrast between the two options makes me doubt the question is genuine to begin with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by deji17: 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
The 5 million Naira can pay your monthly salary of N100K for 60 months which is 5 years. Look for a good Agric business like fishery, point of lay, piggery, farm produce processing etc . You can do all, just so you can diversify your portfolio. If managed well and with luck on your side, you may never have to work for somebody else in your life.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by zicoraads: 9:37pm On May 10, 2020
100k is nothing in today's Nigeria. Take your chances with the 5 million. If you invest wisely, you'll be reaping in your rewards.

But if you don't, at least you tried. But don't work for a paltry 100k thinking of why you didn't take your chances.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Exc2000: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
tonididdy:

This advice you gave, did you just imagine it in your head or it's actually a path you have taken?

People are funny on here undecided

with 5 million I will buy 2 Toyota Corrola and put it on uber / taxify and I will register with Jumia delivery partners like AIG logistic, i'll drive one and get a driver to drive the other one .. I bet you, my monthly earning from jumia delivery + Uber + Taxify would exceed 500k a month after cost of vehicle depreciation, salary and vehicle mentainance, and with a good comprehensive insurance premium of 80k-120k per anum, my investment are fvcking safe.. infact I might be tempted to pray for an accident or for the car to get stolen as I would get the cost of my car back as claims

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Unrated900(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
5 million cash and invest wisely
It will takes you 3 years plus to get 5m from
The company.
While with 5m cash you could be standardized for ever,but don’t invest in gaming oooo like bet9ja.
Or-else you would be back to square 1 of 30k monthly

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Karleb(m): 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
I'd go with 5 million.

Reasons:
- It'll take him almost 5 years to make 5 million.
I mean why would I have to wait that long when there's a legit short cut? The future is bright, he might get a better offer any time soon.

-The future is unpredictable. Nobody expected COVID-19 in 2020, but here we are. What if the company folds up? What if an individual who doesn't care is introduced into the helm of affairs? What if COVID-19 v2.0 happens in 2022? What if he gets sacked? What if he dies? undecided what if he gets laid off?

I'd take the cash anytime, anyday!

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:
Help My Friend Decide: 5million Or A 100k Job?

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

1. 5million naira cash or

2. a 100k job per month in the Same company.

we need your professional advice pls
What's the 5m naira for...severance package/employee's benefit for his late bro? Is he his next of kin? Kindly clarify because the veracity of most of the stories posted on NL is doubtful these days

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by heartofcity12: 9:38pm On May 10, 2020
You will regret it if u don’t take that 5 million

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by tasceige(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2020
nikjaneTAILORS:
IN MY DREAM I WILL COLLECT 3M THAN 100K JOB

I CAN PROVIDE JOB FOR MYSELF

AM A TAILOR AND I MAKE AT LEAST 150K AT LEAST B4 CORO AND MY BUSINESS IS NEW 2.5 YEARS OLD

I LOVE ANYTHING INDEPENDENT AND AM AN HARD WORKING PERSON SO I CANT AFFORD TO BE UNDER ANYONE ABEG

Where your location?
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Dshocker(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

A friend of mine just got an offer from his late brother's company few months after his demise.

His late brother having been a prominent personality (head of finance) in the company he worked before he died, made the company to offer his younger brother my friend two options..

Don't think twice bro,go for the N5m and establish with an unlimited income
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by TissuePaper: 9:40pm On May 10, 2020
Stupid question

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Adigun055(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2020
Cash biko.. What if he gets sacked after 3month.
He will make over 100k monthly if he invests wisely.

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Mrtreasure0220: 9:40pm On May 10, 2020
5mil with no second thought.
I have been working for a couple of years without savings up to 1mil.
Despite the fact that I earn up to 120k, sometimes above.
I'm not extravagant but family stuff and the cost of living this days wouldn't let you save any meaningful amount.

8 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Prettychild(f): 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
100k job, invest in a business with the salary. When the business grows, then you can resign from the job
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by sircrabo: 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
100k na money ? with a salary of 100k, in a year you have up to 1.2m. Of course you cant save up all 100k. You will eat, pay transport,...
How much do you think will be left ?

Collect the N5m, look for a business or businesses to invest it into. Nurture it for a while then you can put someone to manage it for you while you look for another job if you must work.

Tell the person to collect the bulk money
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Ifejoy: 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
If he accept 100k.. he can't save upto 3m self in the next 5yrs...let him collect the 5m..fast and invest that won't prevent him from still applying in good companies while managing the biz .

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Asadujames202(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
I had a friend Awolowo by name,

But I choose to call him Aphoo nja ri to a li st

He accepted the later offer (100k )
Bizarrely or sadly

He was sacked barely one month after resumption

Interestingly, he's now back in (Ogu**n state
Fully engaged in
Mining skull, human parts and organ harvesting and merchandising.

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Fairview1: 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

This is the point where he has to choose between Job security and being an entrepreneur.

With 5Million naira, a savvy entrepreneur could find his way to becoming a multi millionaire in the next decade through commodity trading.

If your friend has interest to become a business person, tell him to go for the 5m but if he doesn't have flair for business, then sticking to the 100k job is an ideal option to choose.

My story: My boss settled me with 1.5m Naira, under 2.5 years, I have built my own house in the village, seeing three of my younger siblings through different Universities, enrolled myself in a distance learning program (NOUN), own three different business outlets with investment in other fellow savvy entrepreneur's businesses, reaping monthly dividends on my investments.

There's no better way to spin around money faster than getting into trading business. TB, FX, mutual fund etc...can't offer that. Again, I repeat; if he has interest in business, advise him to go for the 5m.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by MiztaFabuloz(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2020
As far as Nigeria is concerned right now, no job is guaranteed. Even if the job is guaranteed, the tendency of owing or not paying full is another issue. Saving from 100k every month in this present Nigeria is a hard also.

On another note, 5 million sounds big in the ears but when you hold it physically you will realize its nothing because if you don't have a decent plan, as far as Nigeria is concerned that money will finish within two months and he will be back to square one.

Now my point is that as long as Nigeria is concerned, the two offers will not make any headway except he takes the 5m and relocate out of Nigeria.

As simple as that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by omakaokoro(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2020
ManOfSteel2:
A lump sum can only do go with an already mapped-out investment strategy that has been test-run and will most likely succeed.....

Only an investment savvy individual get to "pull weight" in an enclave littered with corruption amidst very bad economy!

ManOfSteel will advice you choose to make regular love with your bae for 10mins anytime you so desire, than choosing to have a one time sex romp of over 15hours, if such offer is made.

Good lines man.. I concur with you
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by SweetJoystick(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2020
Connoisseur:
Impossible conditions.

I don't think these scenario is realistic.
No company will offer a 5 million one time payment or a 100k monthly payment in the same agreement / settlement.
It's possible, might be his brothers gratuity having worked in the company for a while and he's probably the next of kin
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by Mrpojj(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

Five million right now i will be a millionaire for life
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by gnykelly(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2020
steveneche:

if the business belongs to his brother. after his demise, who is in charge of the day to day running and who is standing in the place of the demise owner.

your friend need to find out where it was written those clause you put up there.

his brother might have written a significant share ownership for him.

I suspect foul play like they're trying to buy him out with that change he might not have seen in his life.

his share ownership might worth more than what he is being offered.

if he is VERY CLEAR about the true position of his brother intention as regards what was written and what was offered.

then in my opinion I would advise him to take the lump sum payment IF only he has a well tested plan in place that can generate the said amount forgone.

if he is not a risk taker...he should work for the business only with the intention of learning more about the internal workings of the business and exit when he has the resources and he is confident about opening his own.
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by eleko1: 9:44pm On May 10, 2020
Wic useless micro finance? Make those ones disappear overnight with his 5 mila? Still remember one micro finance dat runz with customers money @ Sangotedo,lekki.He shud put his money in either FBN/GTB biko
fykes:
5m in this period can buy lots of things...
Collect the money. Na only person who never work before will advise him to go for the job offer.
Take 5m if u don't know what to do, fix it for monthly return with a micorfinance or cooperative society.

Or better still start applying for Germany or Canada visa

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by maasoap(m): 9:45pm On May 10, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:
[s][/s]
Complete senseless rubbish!
Are some people born without brains?

You rubbished someone's contribution, you even insulted him. Guess what? We didn't see see your own advice. Very foolish of you

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by xjiggy: 9:45pm On May 10, 2020
Take the 5million and look for another job. The money can go into securing you a business which will serve as another source of income. The 100k job security is not guaranteed. Anything can happen in this present Worldwide economic situation
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by eyinola: 9:45pm On May 10, 2020
teegeealiu:
Let him collect the 5m and set up a business and with time, he'll be making more than 100k a month instead of waiting for over 4 years to make 5m on a 100k per month pay.
he can only save 50k in a month which is 600k in a year, so it will take him like 7- 8 years to save 5M..for me i will get the 5M and go...so many uncertainties abt jobs in Nigeria wht after 2 years of working thr will be need to retrench like what is happening now in some companies.

3 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by iCauseTrouble: 9:45pm On May 10, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
I swear. The vast contrast between the two options makes me doubt the question is genuine to begin with.
I swear. Am also thinking about the authenticity of this. It may be an imaginative writeup

2 Likes

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by sundayoluwatimi(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2020
My finance lecturer used to say in class that "it does not require thinking."
Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by fykes(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2020
eleko1:
Wic useless micro finance? Make those ones disappear overnight with his 5 mila? Still remember one micro finance dat runz with customers money @ Sangotedo,lekki.He shud put his money in either FBN/GTB biko
So that they can give him pittance Abi?
Dont u know that even cbn runs a microfinance?
Or u don't know that there are cbn registered and assisted mircrofinace Banks?

1 Like

Re: N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide by onoms4luv(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2020
see them, destiny destroyers, una think say 5m na like 5m dollars, with the current situation of this country you won't be able to managed that fund properly to yield good result. my advice for you is to take the job and developed yourself.

forget wetin pole dey yarn here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.