Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? (64212 Views)

Tennis Start Venus Williams Reveals She's A Virgin At 41 / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) / 41-Year-Old Woman Claims To Be The Sexiest Old Woman Alive (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Doyou2019: 10:37pm On May 12, 2020
openmine:
lol....its never too late to get married and raise children!
Some folks here who are complaining of OP's agility to train his future kids @ his 40s should say that to a couple that married at their late 20s but could not bear a child until they were in their late 40s....!
What is important right now is for OP to settle down with a good partner and every other thing will fall into its rightful place!
Its totally wrong to discard anyone due to their age...No one dictate or predict other people's timeline using their age!

I don't blame the dolts judging and making fun of him; I blame him for seeking validation from a forum overflowing with the vile and caustic.

4 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 12, 2020
oyeb15:
Any man who is still single @ 35 years is not a responsible man.

That perfect time to marry will never come. We are on a journey ,marry d one that loves you more and live life as it is with joy b4 you return to d owners box.

this one give me upcut, uwwu

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by lukency(m): 10:41pm On May 12, 2020
God's time is the best however let's not deceive ourselves, you are late.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2020
Triplerg:
You are spot on. Nobody should be pressurized into marriage cos the end may not be good. Personally, this issue evokes sour memory because there some persons that bug me every other month to help financially due to hardship they face in their homes. The truth is most of them couldn't take care of themselves properly before marriage

I'm telling you. A man needs to be financially stable to a large extent before thinking of settling down. even the woman you're getting married to should have something doing. Marriage comes with a whole lot of responsibilities and eventualities which you cannot shy away from. And even if youre financially stable, it gets to a point where you'll need to double your hustle as your family enlarges, expenses increase and lifestyle changes. All these must take place whether you like it or not.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 12, 2020
guy222:
Happy birthday, you don marry abi we still dey thesame league?
marry ke,i never see good girl kan
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by openmine(m): 10:43pm On May 12, 2020
Doyou2019:

I don't blame the dolts judging and making fun of hm; I blame him for seeking validation from a forum overflowing with the vile and caustic.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Khalidase83(m): 10:47pm On May 12, 2020
You are not late at all. Wait till u are 58-60yrs atleast by then u wud have had all the money u need to settle down.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by hothire(f): 10:47pm On May 12, 2020
[quote author=oaselemi post=89412068]if you are a male, at the age of 41 it's late but you can still get marry and you still have another 40 yrs to keep on reproducing. if na female you be, it is very very late for you then if you don't have a fiancee or a boyfriend ready for marriage,trouble dey well well o because menopause starts at 45 so my advice is to look for one young man wey go give u belle ASAP because u have only 4 more yrs.[/quote

Says who? You speak as if you are the Alpha and Omega. Most Nigerians speak with authority as if they can make one hair on the head either white or black.
Haven't you seen couples who married in their twenties, yet it took them another twenty years to bear children? It us Almighty God that gives children to whom he so desires.
Haven't you heard of spouses who died after they got married? Even at their young age? It is not him that wills nor him that runs, but of God who shows mercy.

2 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by kherlly(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2020
I know someone who at fifty plus never marry talk less of having kids somewhere ��
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by hothire(f): 10:51pm On May 12, 2020
[quote author=oaselemi post=89412068]if you are a male, at the age of 41 it's late but you can still get marry and you still have another 40 yrs to keep on reproducing. if na female you be, it is very very late for you then if you don't have a fiancee or a boyfriend ready for marriage,trouble dey well well o because menopause starts at 45 so my advice is to look for one young man wey go give u belle ASAP because u have only 4 more yrs.[/quote/]

Says who? You speak as if you are the Alpha and Omega. Most Nigerians speak with authority as if they can make one hair on the head either white or black.
Haven't you seen couples who married in their twenties, yet it took them another twenty years to bear children? It us Almighty God that gives children to whom he so desires.
Haven't you heard of spouses who died after they got married? Even at their young age? It is not him that wills nor him that runs, but of God who shows mercy.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Mrmezico(m): 10:53pm On May 12, 2020
yes u're getting married too late, hope i answere u?
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by MicaiahOgorry06: 11:00pm On May 12, 2020
God has made all things beautiful in His own time. It is certainly certain that sooner than soon you will get married according to God's divine arrangement. Just patiently wait for Him while you are still very much active in serving Him.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by OriOko88(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2020
Its a common thing among igbo men. Dem too dey tey to marry. I have one neighbor like that, he's over 40. And d nigga would still be boasting he's not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by yusufyo: 11:14pm On May 12, 2020
Too late my brother
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by ashawopikin(m): 11:21pm On May 12, 2020
manuelreports:
I just clocked 41 and I am yet to settle down.

Please house i want to know if I married too Late if i decide to settle down today.

I never expected to marry this late but you know one thing leads to another son of man is still trying to put somethings in order before marriage, in order to give my children the best life can offer.

Please fam
Your suggestions please
as a man, nothing do you, but u need to at least produce seed first
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 12, 2020
Marriage. How funny, people still hold attachments to something that fails 97% of the time.

2 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 12, 2020
oyeb15:
Any man who is still single @ 35 years is not a responsible man.

That perfect time to marry will never come. We are on a journey ,marry d one that loves you more and live life as it is with joy b4 you return to d owners box.

Isaac Newton found the gravitational laws that changed the world, he never married till death.
Nikola Tesla found alternating current and invented many other things, he was a genius and a very nice person, he never married till death.
Sørren Kierkegaard was a great philosopher, he never married till death.
Leonardo DaVinci never married too.
Marriage is as useless as the h in philosophy it is a choice to marry or not, it doesn't ascertain how responsible or smart you are, marriage that will still fail at the end?

3 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 12, 2020
If you are 41 and unmarried as a man because you want your child to have the best life, then you are unique and reasonable. Not like most of these African men that rush marriage because of society pressure and end up contributing to this already poverty headquarter called Nigeria.

I will advice you to do all you can to move to Europe or America. Raise your future kids there.

You will be celebrated boss.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by CuteYvonne777: 11:48pm On May 12, 2020
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 11:53pm On May 12, 2020
Donald3d:
Its never too late to succeed at anything. What matters is getting it right.

Follow me on Twitter- : www.twitter.com/NaijaSteveJobs

Getting married is not a success....
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by grandstar(m): 11:58pm On May 12, 2020
manuelreports

I'm in your shoes or probably worse. I regret not marrying much earlier.

I'm thinking "how old will I be when my children are getting married" for instance.

All the same, the Bible gives me comfort in Matthew 6:33. We worry too much (Matthew 6:25=34).

At the end of the day "every man will carry his own load".

I don't know what advise to give but don't rush into marriage but keep it at the back of your mind.

I'll advise you to go learn social media marketing. It's work you can do from the comfort of your home and you'll be earning a 6 figure income.

Material things aren't everything. Children need parental companionship and love. Most important, train them in Jehovah ways. If you can afford a mini flat in a cheap part of town like Ikorodu and you have a loving and industrious wife, you're good (Proverbs 31:10-31)

I'm a Jehovah Witness and we don't dictate to our brothers. As long as you live according to God's word, we're cool. To marry or not to marry, to have kids or not to have kids are personal decisions. No elder or brother can dictate to you. It's considered unscriotural. It is "your load".

Those on your neck to marry aren't the ones to feed your children or pay your rent.

Pick well and don't let money be your stumbling block. Americans say. 2 can live cheaper than one. Also, your business or even work can go to the next level when husband and wife cooperate well. As the Bible puts it "two are better than one".

So, when marrying, focus on the secret person of the heart and not farcical external beauty.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by pooozeee(m): 12:13am On May 13, 2020
If you are a male, it's still okay but if you are a female you aren't getting any younger, you should work on how you are going to be married
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by kalu61(m): 12:19am On May 13, 2020
BabaJoe001:

I want to relate to this.. my Father is 55 years while am 30 . Am the first born. Am from a humble family. I haven't started given my dad any money. At the same time his friend of the same age about 57 has 2 kids . 14 years and 10 years respectively.. but I can tell you that the life the Man is living, my dad never smell am.. the Man is really living large. And he married a beautiful young wife. So what's the troll about.
You nailed it. This is what l always tell my friends. Even if you gave birth to a child at 50 leaving 15 more years and leaving him with better life, probably, his generations, that's what matters. Not bringing a child to pass through what his father passed through. I can't make such mistake.

4 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by robert334: 1:08am On May 13, 2020
J111333:
It's better to marry at 41 and have a peaceful marriage than marry at 25 and divorce or die at 26.

Ehm but bros, na midnight newspaper you don turn so oo. grin

Which one is midnight newspaper now?
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by nastrand: 1:30am On May 13, 2020
the anxiety you are feeling is normal, especially with pressures from family, society and even from yourself. just work towards it and make it happen if you want to. remember, Isaac in the Holy Bible married at 40 even though his father Abraham was very rich, his wife only gave birth once, and today he is remembered forever. Bill Clinton has only one daughter and she has the best quality life. When u marry, all these anxiety will fade away and u will begin to say, 'is it not this marriage that i have been craving for, if i had known i wouldn't have worried myself that much'. you might even end up having more children and better life than your mates that married earlier. just work towards it and get it right, it is never too late, it is just society that puts pressure. always remember that the society will not help u cater for your family. the world has changed but many people in this part of the world don't understand. nowadays, it is not all about raising many children at a younger age as it is done in the north leading to many almajiris suffering in the streets, if care is not taken, the almajiris will raise another generation of almajiris, and so the trend continues leading to a generation of sufferers. it is better not to marry than to raise this type of generation that will become a problem to the society. life nowadays is about making a good name that will be remembered forever, and possibly raising a generation with quality life, that is, elimination of poverty from your generation even if it is a single child at any age, just as Isaac and Clinton did. marrying late also has an advantage because you will have people to keep you company in your old age, especially when you have money, unlike many couples that married early and their children have all gone and they remain terribly lonely in their old age because parents nowadays hardly send their children to live with their grandparent. just be focused and consciously work towards it, you will surely achieve it in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by 9icekenpat: 1:42am On May 13, 2020
You know the answer to your question already but you are bringing it to the forum for others to help you think otherwise. Nobody knows you more than you know yourself and the greatest injury one can inflict on self is lying to self. If you think you married or marrying late was done is done. Now this is your reality sit down wait for people's opinion about how you live your life or make the best out of your marriage that is built on God Love respect and Happiness.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by enemyofprogress: 1:48am On May 13, 2020
Calapar:
I only say this: it's not late to marry at 40 as a man but make sure you've become rich and don't bring your wife into poverty.
Why not? Is poverty only to be suffered by men? Abi e ma gbo bobo yi ke
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by witworth(m): 2:47am On May 13, 2020
It's too early. Why the rush.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by cardoctor(m): 3:13am On May 13, 2020
Nna see question
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by consultancy: 3:31am On May 13, 2020
bluefilm:

He said marriage, not getting a child.

They are two different things.
what is the sole purpose of marriage??
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by DexterousOne(m): 3:31am On May 13, 2020
OriOko88:
Its a common thing among igbo men. Dem too dey tey to marry. I have one neighbor like that, he's over 40. And d nigga would still be boasting he's not ready yet.

Some of them sha
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Dybala11(m): 3:47am On May 13, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

He's an evening newspaper. Simple.

Go and hit your head on the wall cool
You can call it unfair if you like, but that phrase does not apply to men. If you think it's a lie, ask Regina Daniel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Lady Going Out On A Date With Another Guy Few Days To Her Wedding / Chidiebere Anusiem & Lover, Amara Ehirim Found Dead In Their Imo Apartment / 10 Shameful Things Ladies Do Because They Want To Be Seen As Big Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.