Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? (64271 Views)

Tennis Start Venus Williams Reveals She's A Virgin At 41 / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) / 41-Year-Old Woman Claims To Be The Sexiest Old Woman Alive (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Liposure: 8:51pm On May 12, 2020
creepsyme:
So if it's too late what are u goin to do? Kill urself? If u like marry if u like don't marry na u sabi.
u are mean

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by cray91(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2020
confirm talk! you nailed it!
Donald3d:
Its never too late to succeed at anything. What matters is getting it right.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by gabicon: 8:54pm On May 12, 2020
manuelreports:
I just clocked 41 and I am yet to settle down.

Please house i want to know if I married too Late if i decide to settle down today.

I never expected to marry this late but you know one thing leads to another son of man is still trying to put somethings in order before marriage, in order to give my children the best life can offer.

Please fam
Your suggestions please
First of all it's never too late to be right, the best time to make a good decision is yesterday, the next best time is now. However life is programmed to run on a schedule meaning there is time for everything. Let's create an hypothetical situation, let's say you get married today and have kids today, you will be in your mid sixties training a child or children in higher institutions of learning. Mid sixties is the retirement age, so while many of your friends are traveling the world and enjoying their grandchildren you will be training yours. Raising children takes energy and time, the older you are the more difficult it can be because you don't have that youthful energy of a 27 year old at 41. Lastly, most of your plans will have to be on fast track because of you really don't have time.

As I said earlier it's never too late to be right, have a robust plan of how you intend to build your family based on your current state and future projections.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 12, 2020
Wait for another 41years. I think it's too early for now.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by shegzmartinsduke(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2020
pryme:

The truth of the matter is you are not 41, just an over grown immature adult. A real 41 yr old wont ask such immature question.
what are u feeling like,Mr under grown mature idiot. He asked a question,if u cant answer him sanely,go f^ck a tree.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nwaonyishi69: 8:58pm On May 12, 2020
Its about Lynda's time for you. If you can't find a willing Mr right, go ahead and use any worthwhile gentleman to get sperm and offspring.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by sylve11: 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
SageMK:
Early or late, it depends on your marital goal.

If your aim is to start a family, then you're a little late considering the life expectancy in Nigeria is 53. This means you have about 12 yrs or more.

Na wa o. sad cool
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Liposure: 8:59pm On May 12, 2020
cutefy:
Marriage is for men; not for boys. If you aren't emotionally, psychologically, and financially ready for it yet; then don't go there.
Don't get it twisted. Age is just a number. It has nothing to do with ur being ready or not.

but our society doesnt care whether u are ready or not. their own is just marry
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:01pm On May 12, 2020
Emaprince:
It is you guys that will still criticize him for marrying when he wasn't financially OK...especially when marriage turns to hell for him due to trouble from his unsatisfied wife.

The last thread I read which a woman opened complaining of her husband even when the man pays house rent and school fees, many people here especially women still lamented on why a man should get married when he isn't financially ready.

Abeg make we hear word.
Guy abeg dey your lane
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by judedwriter(m): 9:02pm On May 12, 2020
No time is too late for marriage. I have seen more mature couples in their 50-70's marry because of love and companionship, not necessarily because they want children.

However, marry someone you love and loves you back sincerely. That will save you a lot of truma that rock many marriages.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Phyde: 9:03pm On May 12, 2020
Can someone tell a brother the meaning of "Evening Newspaper"
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by tsspsolutions: 9:06pm On May 12, 2020
MrSensor:
it's not late but you should have at least one child even out of marriage. You are not alone my fellow man. [b]Things will be OK soon and pls target the younger girl for a wife (age between 22 and 30)
[/b]

You're a bright mind.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Valentiney21: 9:07pm On May 12, 2020
Add 25 years to the life of your first child. The breakdown is 2 years to start school, 2 in nursery, 5 in primary, 6 in secondary that is 15 years, the child will look for admission for university say 2 years, university is 4/year while some courses are 7 years. NYSC is 1 year making it 22 years, the child will start working and before he or she can be independent is at least 3 years. So give any child 25 years to be independent. 41+25=66 years, for your first child to be independent, you will be nothing less than 66 years long retired. Second, third and so on. You don't need to ask if it is late. Look at the analysis and know if it is late or not. The best is to start early where both of you will be growing together and it will get to a level in life you begin to take full responsibility. We are almost same age but my friend son is in the university while mine is still in secondary while you are just starting. Such is life, anytime one start is the persons morning.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by izubext007: 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
manuelreports:

Please house i want to know if I married too Late if i decide to settle down today.

I never expected to marry this late but you know one thing leads to another son of man is still trying to put somethings in order before marriage, in order to give my children the best life can offer.

Please fam
Your suggestions please
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
manuelreports:

Please fam
Your suggestions please
By the time you're 60 yrs and your first born is 10 yrs, your know the implications of what you're doing
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by zabuur: 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
I didn't go thru all comments oo but, trust me all d ones I've read are just telling u, life is by choice, no time table bla bla.

You and I know that, you make hay while d sun shines. If u are just getting married now FOR THE 1ST TIME WITH NO CHILD YET AT 41 YRS, then it's late.

The only thing is, better late than never.

Be prepared that you'll use grey hair to train your children. Now that we even admit that clocking 70 years plus is God's Grace.

Just do what u gotta do now and waste no more time

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by austine4real(m): 9:10pm On May 12, 2020
em527:
please bro what kind of food can a lady in her 40's eat to boost her egg
I'm not a nutritionist oo
Nkan Inu Eran grin grin

Vegetables, fruits , she should reduce Maggie

Rest very necessary and can make use of Google ,ask around , consult a nutritionist too
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by austine4real(m): 9:11pm On May 12, 2020
Enwhen:

That's what I said, unless he has issues ,but naturally , 41 is the beginning for balling even in maturity, that's when the mind to settle down starts setting in .
Noted bro
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by kemii2585: 9:12pm On May 12, 2020
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by olabrinks(f): 9:12pm On May 12, 2020
You don old finish. Grandpa daddy.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Ten06(m): 9:13pm On May 12, 2020
It's not too late but your are now strongly prepare for marriage
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by JaffyJoe(m): 9:13pm On May 12, 2020
Wey I dey worry that I am late already at early 30s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Olarewaju89: 9:13pm On May 12, 2020
doggedfighter:
If we tell you it's too late, what will you do?
Remain single?

Go ahead live your life as it comes
Marry if you are capable, prepare if you're not.
Life has no manual or timetable.

Best wishes

You are always very funny dear grin how i wish i could know you more than this!
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Liposure: 9:13pm On May 12, 2020
lokho:
JUST MAKE YOURSELF HAPPY... THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY.

After all some people get married early but the marriage didn't last.
i go dash u 1M

2 Likes

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Mrsserene: 9:13pm On May 12, 2020
austine4real:
God's time is the best

Are u male or female .

If u are male starts eating foods that will boost ur sperms till u finds the right woman

If female starts eating foods that will boost ur eggs cos u nearing menopause and reduce stress .

God will guide u
This your reply sef grin It is hard to detect whether you are encouraging or discouraging the person
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by emmaodet: 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
Acidosis:

You're wasting your life if you're waiting for the best life can offer.

Because there can never be enough of what life can offer.

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Goodzinny: 9:14pm On May 12, 2020

I never expected to marry this late...

You just answered your question Bro. It is late but not too late.
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by DonroxyII: 9:14pm On May 12, 2020
SageMK:
Early or late, it depends on your marital goal.

If your aim is to start a family, then you're a little late considering the life expectancy in Nigeria is 53. This means you have about 12 yrs or more.

Angel Gabriel .... Chief death Analyst ...
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by austine4real(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2020
Mrsserene:

This your reply sef grin It is hard to detect whether you are encouraging or discouraging the person

My brother God knows best

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by Liposure: 9:15pm On May 12, 2020
JaffyJoe:
Wey I dey worry that I am late already at early 30s.
dem de abuse u 4 street
Re: At 41, Am I Getting Married Too Late? by BennyDon: 9:16pm On May 12, 2020
Early marriage Sha won't keep you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria Lesbians Got Married Using Tattoos / 10 Shameful Things Ladies Do Because They Want To Be Seen As Big Girls / This Is Why Rich Guys Don't Marry Poor Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.