Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks (111060 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by irunoko(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2020
Babzrockman:
There are better ways to punish lock down violators not this Madness Wike just did.

This is so sad.
exactly.he cannot provide employment but he has used his indiscretion to cause unemployment and poverty for some

A leader without sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by jrusky(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2020
Temptee101:

I will not be the one to call you a fool, never.

Just read what you put up there again, refer to my first paragraph and then judge yourself.

How can he judge himself when he has no sense.

Pls ignore him from his statement you can be assure 100% he is in his parent home still chatting with
*I owe U data*(borrowed)

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by YungJo207(m): 9:51am On May 11, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:

When it happens to your parents or close relatives, you will have sense...
I don't blame you for the fact that you're still leaving on pocket money from your parents...

There are some stupid hypocrite on Nairaland you shouldn't waste your data to reply to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Kizyte(m): 9:52am On May 11, 2020
seunlayi:
Next time I you should try to comply, this is for the good of all. You will recover from it - AMEN
I for insult you for this senseless comment, but let me just act like a civilized person.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:52am On May 11, 2020
Babzrockman:
There are better ways to punish lock down violators not this Madness Wike just did.

This is so sad.
What are the better ways? How have the better was helped Lagos where people still go to club? Nigerians only respond to force. That is the only language most Nigerians understand. In as much as the action appears extreme, it is far better than having a spike in cases. The people of kano were hailing Gandollar for been a compassionate leader but now that his compassion has yielded fruits, the same people are bashing him for slow response.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 9:52am On May 11, 2020
Temptee101:

Never knew you'd have the nerve to speak again after the show of shame you displayed earlier in your comment.

Like I said... Nigeria only see 2hrs ahead, look at the future damage this would have caused if it was not nipped in the bud.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by kunletexs: 9:52am On May 11, 2020
I said it and would say it again; CHECKUP THIS GUY'S TEMPERATURE. IT seems he is suffering for cerebral malaria.

2 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Goodzinny: 9:53am On May 11, 2020
But Governor Wike really went too extreme. He would have just suspended the operations of the hotels till further notice and also fine them.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Proffdada: 9:53am On May 11, 2020
Owaincouncil:
Funke akindele should thank her start and Gov. Sanwoolu.
Had it been it was wike that arrested her and her husband, na death penalty straight.
WIKE IS WICKED
It should be Wike that should thank his stars he's not in Lagos grin

2 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2020
This is like killing a mosquito with a sledge hammer.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by aydought: 9:53am On May 11, 2020
Initially, I was giving “thumb up” to Gov. Wike for personally leading the war against the spread of COVID-19 in Rivers State but with this action of demolition, Wike’s case is now like that of a “wooden deity that insists to take its bathe openly inside a heavy rain fall”, not knowing that it will lead to its untimely decay.

4 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Hallams(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2020
I honestly feel he should have sealed the hotel and not demolish it and for those saying he should have converted it to an isolation centre, I don't think it is a good idea, the hotel appears to be located in a residential area and converting it to an isolation centre will put the the residents at greater risk of contracting the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by gnykelly(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

he is suffering because of disobedience, selfishness and lack of empathy..

I'm very sure you have family in Lagos who has business there...ask yourself that uncle that's assisting you got his business destroyed unlawfully, how would you feel.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by 24SEVEN: 9:54am On May 11, 2020
Georgry:
What the tyrant governor just did will discourage investment in his state.
Now the man may never build anything in Rivers state again, he will decide to invest everything he has in Lagos, so las las who loose?

And the Ipob people will be supporting him on Twitter. The reason Lagos is developing at a very fast pace is the ease of investment, a sane government should at worst take over the management of the hotel till certain obligations are met, at this rate of destruction and auctions of properties if this covid-19 linger for 1 year or more, there will be no more hotels or cars remaining in Rivers state before the vaccine is discovered

If Lagos likes, let her develop at the speed of light, we don't care, as much as that building was demolished for contravening laws that made for public safety, it is okay with us.

The Governor, acting on trust for the good people of Rivers, instituted measures to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic and directed amongst others that hotels remained closed as covid-19 patients have sought to be treated in hotel/guest house rooms. And thereby effectively infecting communities.

The Governor warned that hotels flouting the executive directive will be demolished. And the hotel flouted that directive. What did you expect.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by lomprico(m): 9:54am On May 11, 2020
maimalari:
Am sure this man will sue the Govt.

he cant!

it was an executive order that was signed and stamped by the state chief judge.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by YungJo207(m): 9:54am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Why would the FG do that?... these were layed down laws with consequences...

Backed by what section of the law? Since you study law for school.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Nobody: 9:54am On May 11, 2020
The owner should seek legal advice and sue the state. Mr Wike was heavy handed and cruel in his approach to lock down violators. He could have generated income by fining this hotel heavily. Now many people will not have jobs to go back to due to this senseless tyrannical act.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Proffdada: 9:54am On May 11, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

What are the better ways? How have the better was helped Lagos where people still go to club? Nigerians only respond to force. That is the only language most Nigerians understand. In as much as the action appears extreme, it is far better than having a spike in cases. The people of kano were hailing Gandollar for been a compassionate leader but now that his compassion has yielded fruits, the same people are bashing him for slow response.
the building did not commit the crime. Why bring it down? Why not punish the owner?

2 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 9:55am On May 11, 2020
OsuIgboIpob:

When it happens to your parents or close relatives, you will have sense...
I don't blame you for the fact that you're still leaving on pocket money from your parents...

Pocket money from parents... grin grin, an a serial entrepreneur, I know when the risks are too high...

We just love sharp corners in Nigeria along as it does not affect us..
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Angelfrost(m): 9:55am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:
Well I dont see anything wrong... he clearly made his warning specifically on hotels, you are based in Lagos but opened your hotel to run in PH because you have lab rats to test on..

In event people die from escalated corona virus due to his selfishness, would you be saying this rubbish?...

He is suffering??! Maybe!!!... But, his suffering is temporary compared to those of lowly individuals who have become jobless, and penniless!!!...

He has other revenue sources, but destroying of jobs and investments for poorly justifiable reasons will never bode well for the average citizen of the state.

Look at Imo state for instance, Okorocha's malicious and wanton destruction of structures and businesses caused a massive economic crisis in the state, which nearly destroyed them...

Besides, this is ought to be a democracy... There should be laid down laws and procedures that ought to give room or provision for demolition of legal properties... You don't just destroy personal properties because you feel slighted.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Congrats321(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2020
Let's me ask you why do you call violation of lock down "mere"? And again do you know what happened to the officials sent to seal the hotel? Ask before making comments online.
LibertyRep:
I do not know how anyone will justify demolision of buildings because of mere violation of lockdown order. It's high handedness and perhaps a move to settle political scores.

Seal off the building, arrest and prosecute the offenders like Lagos is doing. Isn't that sane enough?
How can a man arrogate the power of the prosecutor, the judge and the executioner to himself?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by grandstar(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2020
seunlayi:
Next time I you should try to comply, this is for the good of all. You will recover from it - AMEN

Oga, nobody is saying he shouldn't be punished for flouting the law. Why people are seething is that it is an overkill, an act of high handedness to demolish the hotel.

If he sealed off the place and charge the owners to court and fined them, that would have sufficed.

Kaduna state is under a ironclad lockdown as well but we see none of these excesses.

The other day he was auctioning peoples trucks. A person's sweat.

2 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 9:57am On May 11, 2020
gnykelly:

I'm very sure you have family in Lagos who has business there...ask yourself that uncle that's assisting you got his business destroyed unlawfully, how would you feel.

My family would not endanger the lives of people for personal gains.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by YungJo207(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2020
lomprico:

he cant!

it was an executive order that was signed and stamped by the state chief judge.

That someone investment in a state should be demolished if alleged to operate without any investigation The judge also should be arrested then that is a complete abuse of the power and office you hold.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by maimalari: 9:58am On May 11, 2020
htron:
if you don't have any to write about this guy sharrrrrab. Just imagine say you are owner of this hotels
Why the harassment? + am not a guy. Be civil please
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Dadlakeside(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

Won't you still see anything wrong if maybe tomorrow, he orders security agents to shoot at anybody they saw on the streets violating the stay at home orders? Because of covid_19.

3 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by adelaja70(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

So cause of that.. He's justified? He for demolish Mobil Oil now and see Rivers state turn to a military Camp...
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by lomprico(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2020
I am not happy with the demolision BUT the governor gave the warning before the lockdown started, he stated the penalty for defaulters. people know he is a very rational person so why go ahead and dare him? we dont like obeying law in Nigeria why? and when u are caught n punished you will say they are wicked, why dint you obey?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by gabbasin: 10:00am On May 11, 2020
There is hardly no semblance of democracy in virtually all the states in Nigeria, what we have are autocratic rulers, emperors, dictators wearing the garb of governors. houses of assembly in the states who are supposed to act as checks and balance are mostly appendage of the executive in their respective states. The Assemblies are hardly independent, acting under the dictate of the governors, standing aloof while the governors arrogate all the powers to themselves. Ànd the States' judiciary are no difference as they hardly give judgements against infractions by the governors, careful not to incur the angst of the emperors as governors are influential in securing promotions and appointments for the judges, a typical case is that of akwa ibom where a judge to head the state judiciary was recommended by njc, while the governor has to ignore the statutory body by appointing his preferred judge

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by yusluvad(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Vicyace: 10:00am On May 11, 2020
Peterobi90:

[b]He put his laws in action for the good of you and I, [/b]hotels are the fastest means of spread for the virus.

Why then are the big hotels shut, while this small one is trying to be greedy and smart.

Did you even read what you typed about taking law into his hands?

Read again and try to see if it makes any sense.

How can you even justify the demolition of building when there are so many alternative ways of punishing the offenders?

Truth is he's power drunk and rejoices in playing god. He forgets that power is transient and no man lives forever.

He forgets that a serving soldier is more powerful than a retired general. When he leaves that position, his bad deeds will haunt him.

3 Likes

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Sucreogas: 10:00am On May 11, 2020
Wonderful run when you hear wike grin is coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / Man Wears IGP's Transmission T-shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.