Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks (111118 Views)

Kano State Government Constructs Fountain On Site Of Demolished Monument. / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza / Rivers Converts Site Of Demolished Hotel To Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by buezemartins(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2020
What a heck! He shouldn't hv done that. That was way far more than the punishment he deserves
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by olumike001(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2020
Peterobi90:

If you are found outside during state stipulated curfew hours and the police shoots you, you have no case..

Buhari disobeying court order is tantamount to this man disobeying state orders..its the same..

We corrected buhari, why are we not correcting the hotel owner?..

Bro I can still comprehend the kind of way you see life and reason to public matters.

But then u can check this link and see what someone sensible did to violators

https://www.nairaland.com/5851237/hakeem-odumosu-distributes-face-masks-violators

I just pray we don't have this kind of people at the helm of our affairs. Or else this country .....
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 11:50am On May 12, 2020
olumike001:

Bro I can still comprehend the kind of way you see life and reason to public matters.

But then u can check this link and see what someone sensible did to violators

https://www.nairaland.com/5851237/hakeem-odumosu-distributes-face-masks-violators

I just pray we don't have this kind of people at the helm of our affairs. Or else this country .....

Kaduna fined everyone without facemask 5,000 alongside impound and forfeit of vehicles just to enforce the law.. now this culprit not only disobeyed state executive laws, even accosted the NCDC officials who came to enforce the law with guns..

An sure the story would have been different if covid cases started emanating from there.
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Toshy001(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
Miracle1991:
as a lawyer he should have known better.
What is the use of the judiciary if people begin to take law into their hands.
Why not move to court and get warrant.
u see ds thing he did everyone I mean no one will break the law again becos d knw how serious it is nw
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Miracle1991: 12:23pm On May 12, 2020
Cantonese:

What a shame that you chose to be cheeky.

Unfortunately you are so deeply troubled by the actions of Wike in Rivers state that you have failed to look closely into events in that state. By the way, have you wondered why the people of Rivers state have not trooped into the streets to register their disagreements? Why do you cry more than the bereaved?

Don't pretend to be civilized. I am certain that you jump queues at banks and ATMs. You "press button" certain times to get undue favours. You drive on the wrong side of the roads. Can you swear that you have not given bribes uncountable times? If you have ever been to a civilized society I am certain you conducted yourself there. You, do you conduct yourself properly here?

Civilized societies did not evolve overnight. It took the sound judgements and sacrifices of great leaders and the people to achieve the societies they habit. Today Nigerians in millions have trooped to foreign countries to enjoy the societies built by citizens of those nations.

I asked you if truly you believe that the Nigerian society is a civilized one. You either did not read it or you chose to bypass it. I also asked if it was morally right to break the law deliberately. You failed to respond to my questions but rather chose the easy path of insults. Is that how civilized you are? Can you not express your opinion with decorum knowing that the other person in entitled to his opinion?

Examples abound of leaders of nations who on some occasions applied the same strong arm tactics to get their nations to where they are today.

Maybe you have not heard of Paul Kagame and what he's been doing in Rwanda. Have you heard of Lee Kwon Yu who was called the father of Singapore? We had Buhari as head of state between 1983 & 1985. Where you very young then and not of age? I can tell you confidently that in his 2 years as the head of state sanity restored everywhere in Nigeria until Babangida/Abacha truncated it.

Nigeria needs strong and decisive leaders so the society can get to the level of civilized ones.

Lagos prohibited the use of motorcycles in certain areas. Government enforced and thousands of motorcycles were seized... unlawfully as some said. Many people in Lagos clapped and celebrated. In some south east states, governors supervised personally the pulling down of houses built by kidnappers and ritualists. People clapped and celebrated. Wike's decision to pull down the properties may be too harsh, but the truth as it continues to stand is that obedience is always better than sacrifice.

I never contradicted myself. I have maintained constantly that there are certain Nigerians who need the strong arm. I have maintained that some Nigerians are unusually unruly and must be handled in an unruly way.

For your information, I am a leader. Do you want to see me? I can invite you to meet me one on one.

Do you know that he who points one finger at someone has four of his own fingers pointing back at him? Your single evil wishful finger returns to you four folds.

this is democracy. Are you wondering why Buhari cannot do what he did during his military regime?
In democracy every criminal is not a criminal until the court of law pronounce him guilty.
Are you wondering why Evan (the kidnapper) was not shoot at sight? This is Democracy.

1 Like

Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by olumike001(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2020
Peterobi90:

Kaduna fined everyone without facemask 5,000 alongside impound and forfeit of vehicles just to enforce the law.. now this culprit not only disobeyed state executive laws, even accosted the NCDC officials who came to enforce the law with guns..

An sure the story would have been different if covid cases started emanating from there.
Someone in Lagos

I don't even know what to know the story, but demolishing is a very act, this is destruction. There re threat to life with this act.
It should v bn a court order
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Cantonese: 2:00pm On May 12, 2020
Miracle1991:
this is democracy. Are you wondering why Buhari cannot do what he did during his military regime?
In democracy every criminal is not a criminal until the court of law pronounce him guilty.
Are you wondering why Evan (the kidnapper) was not shoot at sight? This is Democracy.

So because we have a democracy, you have the right to break laws, disobey orders and expect to go scot free?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Peterobi90: 3:53pm On May 12, 2020
olumike001:

Someone in Lagos

I don't even know what to know the story, but demolishing is a very act, this is destruction. There re threat to life with this act.
It should v bn a court order

The rule and its consequences were well spelt out, the evidence was there, the damage done was there aswell..
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by MainJoe: 4:11pm On May 12, 2020
Cantonese:

So because we have a democracy, you have the right to break laws, disobey orders and expect to go scot free?

Wike broke the law by disregarding it before acting

“There is no provision for even the President to take the Law into his hands and then begin to mete out punishments to citizens without recourse to the constitution."

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations."

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”

By Femi Falana SAN

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/11/rivers-wike-a-colossal-embarrassment-to-body-of-benchers-falana/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Miracle1991: 6:07pm On May 12, 2020
Cantonese:

just imagine that destruction was carried out by Buhari. What will you say?
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by olumike001(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2020
Peterobi90:

The rule and its consequences were well spelt out, the evidence was there, the damage done was there aswell..
Consequence

Was that in the constitution?

Where's the evidence of breaking the rule in the first place?
Even if they erred, demolishing the building is out of it.

What happen to fines and other regulatory methods
Do you know how many people have been rendered jobless?
I rest my case sir
Re: Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks by Dadlakeside(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2020
Dadlakeside:

Won't you still see anything wrong if maybe tomorrow, he orders security agents to shoot at anybody they saw on the streets violating the stay at home orders? *Because of covid_19*.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Secretary To The Federal Government, Chief Of Staff, Others / See The Handshake Of Ike Ekweremadu That Got People Talking Today / Man Wears IGP's Transmission T-shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.