Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,796 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (111952 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Seetto: 6:19pm On May 12, 2020
Asgard13:

Fulani are the elder brothers of Yoruba people.... they’re one and same people

Agboola na confirm Yoruba boy... Tinubu’s son

But e Belike say e senior Tinubu... don’t know again grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by JaffyJoe(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
allegiance in what sense.

Does sultan of sokoto have influence in ilorin historically?

Okay, let me keep it brief. When Alimi betrayed Afonja and killed him so that he could take over, his son Abdulsalam became the first Emir and pledged allegiance to Sokoto Caliphate. Got a flag to that effect. This has been the case with his successors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by ernieboy(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2020
Yankee101:

Go and find the budget for UNAMID when he was special envoy to Dafur
that he presided over. budget does not mean the funds belong to him.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:22pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
that means re an ignorant, you dont have any business with the on going conversation.

To cure your ignorance , emir is not a Fulani title it belongs to Arabs . it is an Islamic name for a monarch

Emir in the Nigerian context is a Fulani title
They are the only tribe that bears the title
Same way yorubas bear the name Oba/Olu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by jumobi1(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
He was Buhari’s former Foreign/External Affairs Minister in the 80s.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
ernieboy:

That’s why I stopped arguing with him
That Adesina manages $150bn of AFDB does that mean he owns it

Looool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by davidque: 6:23pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:
Truth is Buhari has so many surprises in his sleeve. Wouldn't have ever thought someone from Kwara will be his chief of staff. That office is like the soul of the president. I am now believing the news I read few days back that a new cabal is cropping up.

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo.
And to those who says he is too found of old people, baba don show say una dey correct cos the man na 75 years old.

My conclusion, he has a good biography and I pray he pledges his allegiance to both the president and the nation as a whole. May God help you do good and not be caught up in the politics and become useless AMEN.

And may he have the courage to tell the president whenever he is making a wrong decision or being advised to make a wrong decision.

And to those wishing Buhari dead, just pray you live as old as him o cos the man no dey die yet o and people that thought they will outlive him are gone and some terribly sick now ooooooo. May we all live long and may God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA. AMEN.

And to think he will go to the territory and abode of SARAKI to pick his new chief of staff baffles me ooooo.
For the record. Prof Agboola is a Fulani man not yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 6:25pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

You can kill yourself the people of Ilorin are cool with their one/emir.

His position is a religious one and mostly ceremonial no one gives a Bleep.

they are not cool whit it, its just that they cant challenge the fulani. afonja cant fight for their land. the last time the had fight, the beged fulani to help them. chicken hearted afonjas cnt fight fulani. Religious kee you dey!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:26pm On May 12, 2020
Yankee101:

Lol. Yep

UNAMID is a special mission of the United Nations and African Union to Dafur. It had over 30000 troops and personnel.

His budget was 1.7b dollars

Those that mean they gave him that ? You he block head aboki
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:26pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

they are not cool whit it, its just that they cant challenge the fulani. afonja cant fight for their land. the last time the had fight, the beged fulani to help them. chicken hearted afonjas cnt fight fulani. Religious kee you dey!

Have igbos liberated Anioma from Benin subjugation?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:

Yes sir. Truth is if you actually have just an element of comprehension, you will understand my statements
You dont need to be a professor of English to understand my lines. Go over it again. You are just giving yourself headaches ontop matter I dont even care about. If a Ghanaian becomes my president tmrw man, I dont give a damn. Politicians are in their own country we are in another. So enjoy your abuses. Me, I don move on. See ya.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol. What is there to understand? It's self explanatory. It's either you don't understand your own comment or you didn't convey what you had in mind into writing.

Go back and read your own post!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by chloedogie(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2020
Meninmen:

Lol. What is there to understand? It's self explanatory. It's either you don't understand your own comment or you didn't convey what you had in mind into writing.

Go back and read your own post!

No need anymore. Have a good evening. Stay safe man.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by chloedogie(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2020
davidque:

For the record. Prof Agboola is a Fulani man not yoruba

The guy na half cast na? grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FRESHG(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2020
FREEMADNESS:
I have a feeling dat dis nigga is gonna snitch.
is either he betrays his boss or his pple (Yorubas)
not trust worthy at all.
HES NOT YORUBA
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2020
Adefatima:

Have igbos liberated Anioma from Benin subjugation?

guy buy sense. anioma is a local govt area in one of the niger dalta state, it a different thing. the same way they are yorubas outside nigerian map. have you ever heard abt delta igbo? buy sense pls.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:33pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

You can kill yourself the people of Ilorin are cool with their one/emir.

His position is a religious one and mostly ceremonial no one gives a Bleep.

The people of Ilorin are actually not
The people of Asa & Moro still want out
Emir has the backing of North who dominate politics Snr assistant of the British who gave it back to them when designing Nigeria
Obas are largely ceremonial
I’m a 100% yoruba lady and will call a spade a spade
Yorubas can get it back if they want too but there’s no conscious effort to get it since 70s
Awolowo tried his best to secure the territory but was opposed by Balewa & Azikiwe ( he would end up losing his domain to Cameroon and civil war)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:34pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

guy buy sense. anioma is a local govt area in one of the niger dalta state, it a different thing. the same way they are yorubas outside nigerian map. have you ever heard abt delta igbo? buy sense pls.

It was because they were under Benin subjugation that’s why they were never part of Eastern region in the first place
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2020
Adefatima:

It was because they were under Benin subjugation that’s why they were never part of Eastern region in the first place

do you know what the call map, go check it,
Eastern region it a political stuff kid, what is wrong with you?
you still didnt tell me how the captured anioma bitter afonja fulani slaves
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2020
Adefatima:

Emir in the Nigerian context is a Fulani title
They are the only tribe that bears the title
Same way yorubas bear the name Oba/Olu
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 6:43pm On May 12, 2020
lawani:
the emir is a Yoruba man of Hausa not Fulani descent.

What makes him Yoruba?
What makes him Hausa and not Fulani?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Skillsnigeria: 6:43pm On May 12, 2020
This man na ilorin fulani,they are the one topping everything in ilorin and kwara state in general

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by lokozoni(m): 6:44pm On May 12, 2020
Good evening, Please I need help with feeding my woman and our Son. 0534611375(GTB)

Thanks and God bless....
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by gaventa: 6:44pm On May 12, 2020
The newly appointed is not YORUBA,he is FULANI. Same ole same ole
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2020
JaffyJoe:

Okay, let me keep it brief. When Alimi betrayed Afonja and killed him so that he could take over, his son Abdulsalam became the first Emir and pledged allegiance to Sokoto Caliphate. Got a flag to that effect. This has been the case with his successors.
that was in the Era of Alimi son. That practice has been stop by successive emirs. Sultan of sokoto plays no role in selecting new emirs. It is the ruling house of ilorin that installs Emir and they re yoruba
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

stop crying pls.
emir is a fulani thing they adapted it and impose it on illorin a land they captured, from afonjas.
why do other part of yoruba, have no emir? are they nt also moslems? 'na u be ignorant'
captured? Was there any war in ilorin?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yankee101: 6:48pm On May 12, 2020
Adefatima:

Those that mean they gave him that ? You he block head aboki

You're really dim sha

So a budget belongs to the executive?

Re-quote anywhere I said it belongs to him. Sub optimal heads like yours insult when they lose out on an arguement
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:48pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

do you know what the call map, go check it,
Eastern region it a political stuff kid, what is wrong with you?
you still didnt tell me how the captured anioma bitter afonja fulani slaves
Point is both of them are under the same subjugation due to historical actions
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dharniel600(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2020
Why Buhari like old cabinet self. This Man no just get vision at all
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yankee101: 6:49pm On May 12, 2020
ernieboy:

Ermmm? Where did I write it belonged to him again?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:49pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
captured? Was there any war in ilorin?

What they did was place coup which is another way to conquer
The war they brought upon Yorubas they were defeated and humilited by Ibadan and Ekiti army
They are all their horses as meat

Also Islam was used as a tool to subjugate the Ilorin people im a Muslim but a very liberal one
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 6:50pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
that was in the Era of Alimi son. That practice has been stop by successive emirs. Sultan of sokoto plays no role in selecting new emirs. It is the ruling house of ilorin that installs Emir and they re yoruba

Debola are you refusing to accept the truth
How will you say a sultan of a caliphate won’t play a role in appointing his emirs loool

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump At The Oval Office. Photos / Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.