Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,146 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (112046 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by suledes(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2020
still a fulani man from kwara state
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by thatigboman: 5:28pm On May 12, 2020
Kenny9857:

He did the right thing because he chose a yoruba man Or because he chooses someone we pray he took the responsibility of that office seriously..
fulani, not yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 5:30pm On May 12, 2020
Ochogbe:
Please, are Gambari family people of Ilorin Yoruba origin ?
They are Fulanis from Futa Jallon
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by frankson1(m): 5:31pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:

So glad you prayed for me this hot afternoon Sir. I need more sense o plus the one I get to keep going higher in life. Thanks my person. grin grin grin grin

I salute you for this response.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by thatigboman: 5:31pm On May 12, 2020
Organicist95:

So kwara is an hausa state or what is your point

The fact remains that he is from kwara state
fulani conquered ilorin naa, that's why fulani man gambari is the emir
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yankee101: 5:32pm On May 12, 2020
I can confidently report that Professor Gambari is eminently qualified.

His UNAMID budget was 1.7b$ annually and he delivered

I wish him and Nigeria the beginning of a new positive era

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 5:32pm On May 12, 2020
KunleyY19:
What are people saying sef...

The Gambari in his name is only paying homage to the fact that their lineage had their roots to the Alimi and Fulani conquerors... But today there's no real Fulani in Ilorin. In their traditional system of government, they still keep the Heritage that's why they use Seriki, Emir etc...
The same Ilorin has families that belong to Afonja Lineage. It's just a mixed land. They are more Yoruba's than Fulani's. Remember Kwara United was once called Afonja Warriors before being changed to Harmony Boys... If you doubt go to Ilorin today and start speaking Fulani...���

So till today it's either Ilorin Afonja or Ilorin Alimi...

He’s actually a pure stock Fulani no need for long story he’s the emirs brother

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mvem(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2020
HarunaWest:

Atiku speaks fulfude, Buhari doesn't..But Buhari claims to be Fulani isn't it absurd. There's documentary evidence that Atikus parents are fulanis. So where the argument.
If you have been to Illorin,you will understand better. The fulanis there intermary. Not all Fulani must have that physical appearance that you seek. Not every Fulani is slim or has a pointed nose, not every Fulani is fair complexioned. I would have loved to argue with you but it's obvious you aren't from the North so you wouldn't know the dynamics.
oga I have lived all my life up north. Adamawa is one state that has many fulanis, even the word Adama is fulbe....Many Adamawa groups because they have stayed and live very long with the Fulanis for years you will see many speak and understand fulfulde. The Hong, Mitchika, Kilba etc. Atiku is said to be from Chamba tribe, go and ask those in Adamawa. Many Adamawa people speak fulfulde but doesn't make them fulani.Alsol, We don’t know Atiku’s uncle or parents and all Fulani know their uncles. Have you ever seen Atiku’s uncle? His claim to Fulani background is shrouded in uncertainty because nobody knows his uncles or parents. Buhari’s ‘Fulani-ness’ is not in doubt. His father was an Ardo, a Fulani leader. Meyyetti Allah also denied the fact that Atiku is real fulani. So, I think it is not an issue. And yes I stand by it,all "pure" Fulanis have distinct characteristics. Many claim fulani without actually being fulani or because they mix or have stayed with them

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:33pm On May 12, 2020
Mynd44:
He is an uncle to the present Emir Of Ilorin

Brother, not uncle
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FisifunKododada: 5:33pm On May 12, 2020
StreetFight:

And Emir of Ilorin is an Igbo or Ijaw. If you are not from Ilorin, then you cannot talk about Ilorin. Even people from other local government of Kwara State like Offa, Ifelodun, Irepodun, Asa, Oyun, e.t.c. do not know nor understand Ilorin's history and people. The rubbish you read in the internet are nonsense. I am from Ilorin and I know my people and my history.

I am glad that you are from Ilorin - so you can address some issues. Apart from language what other cultural indications show that Ilorin is Yoruba land?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 5:34pm On May 12, 2020
seunmsg:

You mean Kolapo is no longer part of emir of Ilorin’s name?

Can you provide links to support the two claims in bold?

Yup he adopted Kolapo cause Obasanjo was president and Fulanis in Ilorin adopt yoruba name to sync in with the local s

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:34pm On May 12, 2020
FREEMADNESS:
I have a feeling dat dis nigga is gonna snitch.
is either he betrays his boss or his pple (Yorubas)
not trust worthy at all.

He is Fulani, not Yoruba! The name Gambari should have told you that
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 5:34pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ok my igbo friend.

Nope he’s actually right he’s pure stock Fulani

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 5:35pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

You can kill yourself the people of Ilorin are cool with their one/emir.

His position is a religious one and mostly ceremonial no one gives a Bleep.

Yes we know, he is the only one permitted to look at the moon and tell you Yoruba Muslims when to start and end the fast. cheesy
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:36pm On May 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Yes a very good choice.Aisha or lai must have a hand in this.though a northerner,he is a Yoruba man.up buhari

He is Fulani! He belongs to the ruling house of Ilorin Emirate

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Beautifulminde3: 5:36pm On May 12, 2020
Yomit71:
Afonja on the beat
Which Afonja You mean their slave master
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
Zico5:
Yoruba Muslim as chief of staff to the president. I don't believe this o. But I don't think they will allow this one to dominate like Abba Kyari. So Hausa Fulani get much sense like this.

He is not Yoruba, he is Fulani!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:

Wish him well and pray he behaves better than................. That said, do you know inside this pandemic, some people have really legitimately made it big. Even if he turns out to be the worst chief of staff in the history of this country, my guy, it doesn't affect me one bit. I have learnt to live a life that is not dependent on the policies of any government. They did well ooo or they did bad, it doesn't affect my purse one bit.
Trust me, your life and purse could be so much better in a country with leaders who have the people at heart. But you will/may never know. Sobs!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
FisifunKododada:

He is not Igbo. He is full-blooded Yoruba just like me. We have been warning some of you to STOP falling for Fulani tricks of pretending to be one of us while destroying our culture in Ilorin.
Ok Abi

Seguno that is pure igbo boy.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Beautifulminde3: 5:39pm On May 12, 2020
mfm04622:

He is Fulani, not Yoruba! The name Gambari should have told you that
I don't know why thsee guys like deceiving themselves, tell me how Fulani man take become Yoruba grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:40pm On May 12, 2020
Organicist95:

I'm sure you didn't see the middle name AGBOOLA....a Yoruba name

Ilorin Fulani always have a Yoruba middle name! Also speak Yoruba. You won't know many are not Yoruba if they didn't tell you. Does not make them Yoruba!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 5:40pm On May 12, 2020
emezuo17:
. I thought the gambaris are the children of alimi, the Fulani man that killed afonja and installed himself the emir of ilorin, how is he a Yoruba man.

They are trying to console themselves by rewriting history, Alimi descendants are beneficiaries of spilled Yoruba blood, answering Yoruba middle name will not erase that

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:42pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:
Fulanis in Ilorin deceiving Yoruba Muslims by adding Yoruba as their middle names since the period Alimi invaded and conquered the Alaafin by using the traitor called Afonja grin angry

Answering Agboola will make Yoruba Muslims believe he is representing them and not the Sultan who oversees Ilorin Emirate grin

The Sultan does not oversee Ilorin Emirate! Stop saying nonsense! They are both First Class monarchs in their domain
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 5:42pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
buhari is suffering from Alzheimer diseases (loss of memory) and numerous surgeries could affect him due to his age.
What Adams is fighting for is oba of Ilorin, not the narrative in your head. Ilorin is a religious city dominated by islamic religious scholars mainly Yoruba's.
The fulani Domination is a figment of your imagination. In the the reality it is the Yoruba's that have erased the traces of Alimi descendants in Ilorin. Even the current emir is a yorubanised Fulani named Dr kolapo.
I can bet you can't identify a single Fulani if you get to Ilorin today

Debola call a spade a spade
Ilorin is under Fulani occupation
All that yorubanized emir is part of Fulani strategy they adopt to your culture
Kolapo wasn’t his real name he adopted that name as part of integration strategy

Lol don’t be fooled

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by JaffyJoe(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
nothing like 100% Fulani in Ilorin maybe in core north.
There is no cultural or language trace of Fulani in Ilorin today.you an outsider can never identify them. Alimi descendants have been yorubanised. They eat, dress, speak, answer Yoruba names. Only few of them re still holding their names.

You can't say you have been Yorubanized when your allegiance is to Sokoto. It doesn't work that way in Naija.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FisifunKododada: 5:43pm On May 12, 2020
Yankee101:
I can confidently report that Professor Gambari is eminently qualified.

His UNAMID budget was 1.7b$ annually and he delivered

I wish him and Nigeria the beginning of a new positive era

billion dollars? Are you okay? What is the budget for the entire state of Borno?

Modified: I was wrong UNAMID not UNIMAID. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2020
Adefatima:

Debola call a spade a spade
Ilorin is under Fulani occupation
All that yorubanized emir is part of Fulani strategy they adopt to your culture
Kolapo wasn’t his real name he adopted that name as part of integration strategy

Lol don’t be fooled
ok you have been noticed
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mfm04622: 5:44pm On May 12, 2020
ogbuefi677:

lolz.
The Gambaris are direct descendants of Alimi who tricked afonja and snatched Ilorin.
Una de read history at all?
Amaechi with Igbo mum and dad answers Rotimi.

You, do you read history at all too? It was Alimi's son who overthrew Afonja after the death of Alimi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by MetaPhysical: 5:44pm On May 12, 2020
AmDayo:

Bro no be Yoruba him be na core fulani

Why does he have Yoruba tribal mark?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Scamperlee(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2020
Gambari indeed
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2020
JaffyJoe:

You can't say you have been Yorubanized when your allegiance is to Sokoto. It doesn't work that way in Naija.
allegiance in what sense.

Does sultan of sokoto have influence in ilorin historically?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Adefatima: 5:45pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
ok you have been noticed

For real
Lol I’m very pro yoruba but I will call a spade a spade
Gambari isn’t a Yoruba Muslim
Yoruba Muslims don’t bear the name Gambari and he’s. A brother to the emir of Ilorin who’s pure stock Fulani

Same way yoruba Christians don’t bear the names Jackson , secondus, Godswill Godstime
Lol study your people well

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.