Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South (4915 Views)

Why Fuel Scarcity May Persist —NUPENG / Police Uncover Bomb In Kano Food Market, Two IEDS At Popular Owerri Eatery / Lagos: Ripples Of Hurricane Sandy May Hit – Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South by bashr4: 12:40am On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Nobody is saying that those things are not produced in the South but the quantity is what matters?.

yeah but theres no such thing as starvation if the northern farmers go on strike .
Re: Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South by asha80(m): 12:42am On Jan 17, 2011
bashr4:

enugu state has the biggest poultry farm in nigeria ,it is located in ngwo , also anambra and imo are know for fishing farming especially cat fish(point and kill fish) why do u think its most popular in igbo land . the whole southern states produces palm oil and groundnut oil, salt, beef(igbo goatee is genetically different from nothern goatee) and the earterners prefer the southern goat as the meat is more tasty , honestly the south can do without the north, turkey,garri, cassava,rice, tomatoe ,vegetables, i can go on and on, every region can survive on its own , biafran hunger did not affect everybody the war did not reach my village in aguata anambra and they wer just fine also parts of ogbaru,imo state were ok.

guy do you know the name of the poultry?
Re: Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South by aloyemeka1: 1:26am On Jan 17, 2011
bashr4:

yeah but theres no such thing as starvation if the northern farmers go on strike .

How will you get tomatoes, garlic, ginger, yam, potatoes, beef, milk, etc?
Re: Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South by asha80(m): 1:40am On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

How will you get tomatoes, garlic, ginger, yam, potatoes, beef, milk, etc?

yam is grown in large quantities in ohaji/egbema/oguta axis.why is new yam festival a popular festival in the east?
Re: Winter In Kano: Food Scarcity May Hit The South by oludashmi(f): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Rice and yams also come from Ebonyi, don't you know?. You haven't heard of Abakaliki rice before?. Abakaliki is the highest producer of rice in West Africa. Go and study your social sciences.
Did you quote me by mistake or where in my post did you see rice competition?
Meanwhile, that same rice you call abakaliki rice is produced in large quantity in Ado-Ekiti known as ofada rice
Sorry I have gone past your research or study level smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Demand N200m Ransom For Osun Speaker’s Wife / Before You Say Igbo Need S/S People In Biafra Because Of Their Oil Pls Read This / Who Is The Best Governor In The North Since 1999?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.