Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

How Do You Define Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Define Love? (842 Views)

Define Love Through Your Experience (pics) / Ladies... How Do You Define A Hard Working Guy. / How Can You Define Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 8:04am On May 13, 2020
How you define love determines how you practice it.
Because a person tells you they love you doesn't mean you both have the same definition of love.

I also have another question: Why is the process of connecting with the opposite sex complicated by so many relational risks?

How can something so natural and beautiful lead us into such unhealthy relationships filled with pain, disappointment, and dysfunction? cry

Does the answer have to do with our lack of perspective concerning the whole concept of love. Does our inability to clearly define love itself makes knowing when you're actually "in love" next to impossible.
Until we are crystal clear on what it really
means to love another person, we'll never be sure if what you are experiencing is real or just something like a hallucination or a fleeting feeling.

Or does the answer deal with the widespread confusion over the difference between love and infatuation.

Interestingly, I checked that there has been significant research done with people experiencing what we call infatuation. When we have this experience, we could call "falling into infatuation" (or falling into romantic interest), chemicals are secreted in the brain, causing light headedness, dizziness, and a flood of emotions that we can't explain.

But isn't that the same feeling those who say they are in real love feel as well?

I know certain people trigger that kind of response in us. We are almost instantly drawn to them. Unfortunately, this unexpected, internal condition has often been called "falling in love." This reaction to attraction, which we could also describe as a "chemically induced crush," is actually infatuation - so I heard.

But who among us has not walked into a room, made eye contact with a complete stranger, and felt an instant, unexpected rush of emotion and attraction? Who hasn't had that sudden impulse to look again?
Why these moments happen and what exactly triggers them, who knows?

But the feelings are definitely a temporary condition. The attraction is neither irresistible nor dependable. You can easily experience infatuation with people who would turn out to be relational nightmares. That's why it is so dangerous to use infatuation as a sign to pursue a relationship. If you and I don't know the difference between infatuation and love, we are destined to make some of the dumbest and most regrettable decisions we'll ever make.

Is it just me but I have an issue with the constant use of the word love, I love biking, I love eating burger, I love my Dad, I love that sick movie, I love those jeans, I love how you... etc, when it's used in so many ways for even less significant things I feel it ceases to mean much. When we use the word love to express almost all our desires and attractions, no matter how trivial, people tend to equate the seriousness of love in a relationship to love for burger. We need to proper define how we feel and properly understand what another person may mean when they tell you they love you.

So my question to you is how do you define love?
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Davash222(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2020
LOVE.. a word used by two fools to deceive themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 8:09am On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
LOVE.. a word used by two fools to deceive themselves.

you don't believe in love?
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Davash222(m): 8:12am On May 13, 2020
Mdmelijah:
you don't believe in love?
When Beer dey

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by donbachi(m): 8:14am On May 13, 2020
Love is...U rub my back,i rub ur back.
Re: How Do You Define Love? by MJBOLT: 8:16am On May 13, 2020
the only time i feel love is when i am about to eat grin i love my food and my food loves me

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Homeboiy: 8:30am On May 13, 2020
What's love?

I only use that word if am about to deceive someone's daughter.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Define Love? by samuelizz(m): 8:35am On May 13, 2020
I'm not a man or preacher of love grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 9:54am On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
When Beer dey
but both make you high and loss your mind
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Davash222(m): 9:54am On May 13, 2020
Mdmelijah:
but both make you high and loss your mind
Beer can be managed.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 9:56am On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
Beer can be managed.
you can also learn to manage "love"
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Davash222(m): 9:58am On May 13, 2020
Mdmelijah:
you can also learn to manage "love"
A managed love is worse than Covid-19.
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 9:58am On May 13, 2020
Homeboiy:
What's love?

I only use that word if am about to deceive someone's daughter.
na wa o, how you take dey deceive them
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 9:59am On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
shocked abeg how?
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 10:00am On May 13, 2020
donbachi:
Love is...U rub my back,i rub ur back.
that's not love
That's business
So if your parents told you they loved you that would be your interpretation
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Petrodirect: 10:25am On May 13, 2020
Alright
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 3:45pm On May 13, 2020
Re: How Do You Define Love? by lyndaway(f): 4:13pm On May 13, 2020
Davash222:
Walahi
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Lightangel65: 4:44pm On May 13, 2020
Love exists in nature, but not in the heart of men.
What men call love is just hormones talking.

Love exists only in death grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 10:05pm On May 13, 2020
Lightangel65:
Love exists in nature, but not in the heart of men.
What men call love is just hormones talking.

Love exists only in death grin
what you're writing about is infatuation, there's a difference infatuation and love
Re: How Do You Define Love? by drezzyx(m): 10:10pm On May 13, 2020
FVCK LOVE I AN DONE TRYING.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Lightangel65: 11:40pm On May 13, 2020
Mdmelijah:
what you're writing about is infatuation, there's a difference infatuation and love

Infatuation is the only form of love that exists in a man's heart. Loving someone without a reason like being family, cute, rich, partners, idol, friends. Is impossible for mankind

True love is restricted to God, nature and death.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 3:53pm On May 14, 2020
Lightangel65:

Infatuation is the only form of love that exists in a man's heart. Loving someone without a reason like being family, cute, rich, partners, idol, friends. Is impossible for mankind

True love is restricted to God, nature and death.
that's where you're wrong.
That might be the only love you've experienced doesn't mean it's the only one that exists. Infact you must have experienced other types of love like phileos and agape but not recognize it because of your belief.
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 3:53pm On May 14, 2020
drezzyx:
FVCK LOVE I AN DONE TRYING.
you were trying the world's way, try God's way smiley
Re: How Do You Define Love? by Mdmelijah: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2020
Good morning

(1) (Reply)

Guys Help !!! My Dog Has A Long Snout And It Sleeps Like An Idiot ! / Wife Destroyed All The Alcoholic Drinks Her Hubby Sells In The Big Super Market / Love Is Hard To Find In This Generation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.