Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,202 members, 7,957,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Do Society Think Dark Skin People Are Suffering? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Society Think Dark Skin People Are Suffering? (221 Views)

Brown Skin People Hated The Most Because It Is The Color Of Beauty And Jesus / Black Is Beautiful: Meet Busty Ghanian Dark Skin Lady That Broke The Internet. / Bleeching Out Beautiful Dark Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Society Think Dark Skin People Are Suffering? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 13, 2020
I have noticed something of late and it has reduced the harsh judgement i used to give to girls who bleach their skin. I have noticed people treat you like you're going through stress when your skin is dark. Everyone assumes you're suffering and keep saying you should take better care of yourself! You hear comments like "you're looking darker, hope you're okay" ? "This isnt your real colour, once you freshen up now your real skin will show" and freshen up in this context to them means get LIGHTER SKINNED!!!
People only consider light or brown skin people as fresh , they assume dark people are just facing hardship. Even if you're goodlooking as a dark person they will still think you can get better once you "freshen up" (aka , get lighter)
Wait, is this a fact? Are dark skinned people only like that cuz of stress? Is dark skin unattractive? Are only fair or brown skinned people consider fresh?

Please dont comment some hypocritical BS about black is beautiful blah blah blah, just tell me the honest truth about your opinion on the subject. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Society Think Dark Skin People Are Suffering? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 13, 2020
If you were light skinned before and suddenly went dark it's most likely because you are working hard under hot sun, don't have much time to bathe properly or aren't using good cream.
Hot sun or hot environment will darken your skin so people assume you are struggling

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Man Is Your Soul Mate? (quiz) By Dear Weekly / Share Your Experience Living In Lagos(as A You Huxler) / How To Be Happy And Successful Without Being In Any Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.