Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" (76094 Views)

Buhari Presides Over Virtual FEC Meeting. Ibrahim Gambari In Attendance / Garba Shehu Reacts To Ibrahim Gambari's Appointment As Chief Of Staff / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by kemii5895: 9:54pm On May 13, 2020
[color=#] 895790[/color]
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Jostoman: 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
That's buhari and gambari problem, my own be say make our darling president do a live broadcast and take question from Nigeria journalist this weekend
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by FOXYDESIIGNERX: 9:56pm On May 13, 2020
Yes Nigeria is registered as an Islamic country, how come you don't know about it
ContractKiller:
Wether you like it or not Gambari's history as a houseboy for Arabs must be told.

What is his business in wanting Nigeria to be a part of the Organisation of Islamic Countries in the UN? Is Nigeria an islamic country?

Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by stieyven(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2020
efighter:
Anyone that says Abba Kyari is dangerous should not be taken serious. Such an idiot is a miscreant nincompoop.
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Dpharisee: 10:02pm On May 13, 2020
He is no longer 'Agboola' some ignorant Yoruba Muslims were claiming him as one of their own when he was announced yesterday grin grin grin

Yorubas have deleted Agboola from his name leaving just Ibrahim grin
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by 9iceprince(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
Even Atiku, Saraki and Peter Obi gave him accolades... Stop looking for cheap Popularity
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by DonMekino(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
there's something canny with these -ari ppl Buhari Kyari Gambari
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by DonMekino(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
there's something canny with these -ari ppl Buhari Kyari Gambari
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Gabkosh: 10:07pm On May 13, 2020
[s]
Karlifate:
Pull Him Down Syndrome at work.
This man might end up being an ally to the new CoS tomorrow. In politics; no permanent friend, no permanent enemy, ONLY permanent interests. Trust a Nigerian politician's words at your own peril.
~
Just like how OBJ said he will never forgive Atiku Abubakar BUT end up endorsing him as a presidential candidate for the 2019 elections.
*Tueh*
[/s]Trash
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Gabkosh: 10:09pm On May 13, 2020
Vyolet:
So we should fry guguru or what?
If he was bad to you, that's your personal beef and it shouldn't concern others.
Badbelle.
You are one of the problem of the nation.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by TheRareGem1(f): 10:13pm On May 13, 2020
Osinbajo you speak ill of and laid false claim does not care which tribe you come from but rather your competency in executing the task ahead. Your statistics is very incorrect. He has people in the north and Muslims for that matter. You should research well before misleading the public with your false claim.

MelesZenawi:
He can't be more dangerous than Osinbajo.

Osinbajo is deadly and a fraud.

Under him 90bn disappeared in 3 days.....what did he do?...He resorted to intimidating and witch hunting the press.

Osinbajo who out of his 35 aides over 27 were from SW...his people.

He is the vice President of oodua and his people not Nigerians per say.

I wonder what that man will actually be remembered for?
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Olusheyi1(m): 10:18pm On May 13, 2020
ContractKiller:
Buhari's New Chief Of Staff Is Gambari Is More Subtle And Even More Dangerous Than Late Abba Kyari

By Ambassador Dapo Fafowora

What I have written in this long piece is just some of my personal experience and encounter with him. Everything I have written here is in my memoirs 'Lest I Forget 'which he has seen and read.

I know him quite well. I was the one who in 1981 brought him to the UN at his request as a member of the Nigerian delegation. He was then a senior lecturer at the ABU. In fact, the late Prof Audu, who was then Foreign Minister actually advised me against inviting him to the UN. But he had strong academic credentials which impressed me.

He had obtained his first degree in political science from the LSE, and a doctorate from Colombia University in New York. We were looking for strong delegates to the UN General Assembly and I considered him the kind of delegate we were looking for. So I invited him as one of our delegates to the UN General Assembly. He was at the UN in New York with me. I gave him and his wife my city apartment which I was not using free for 3 months plus a car. I liked him and I was not seeking any favours from him.

After 3 months he returned home and sent me a note thanking me for giving him the first opportunity to visit the UN as a delegate and giving him his first experience at multilateral diplomacy.

However, he sent President Shagari a secret and private note that while he was at the UN he observed that I had not been attending the meeting of Islamic states at the UN.

President Shagari sent the note to Prof Audu who forwarded it to me in New York. He didn't even ask me for any comments on Gambari's secret memo as Prof Audu fully understood that Nigeria had traditionally not been attending meetings if the Islamic states as we were not then a member of the Group. Gambari asked for a private meeting with President Shagari which Prof Audu advised against. I was shocked that someone I had helped so much turned round to betray me so blatantly. I did not tell him I knew about the secret letter he had sent to the UN. When Shagari was overthrown by Buhari Gambari became Foreign Minister.

When career ambassadors were being suddenly retired I was at first not on the list. But Gambari, now FM and Rafindadi, the head of the NSO who had worked under me in London, and was now head of the NSO worked together to secure my retirement. In fact, when I called him from New York to confirm from him news about my retirement he first denied it.

Thereafter, he no longer took my calls. In fact, I remained at my post in New York for another 3 months during which the MFA tried to reverse the decision to retire me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong in my entire career in the diplomatic service and only got into trouble for helping a young academic who turned against me to fulfil his own personal ambition. Since then, he and I have only met twice in very difficult circumstances. First at a dinner by a mutual friend in New York several years after my retirement.

He could barely look directly at me. He was clearly embarrassed. Then when Buhari won the elections in 2015 I headed a team that was set up to prepare a paper for him on our Foreign Policy. Subsequently, Alhaji Joda asked him to join the team. Last year, he suddenly called me to ask if I would kindly represent him at a public lecture he had agreed to chair.

I told him I could not and that he should look for someone younger. He immediately hung up on me. Now, he may be the kind of person Buhari is looking for to succeed Abba Kyari as COS.

They are very much alike but Gambari is more subtle and even more dangerous and will substitute the national interests for his own personal interests. I have no doubt about that.

What I have written in this long piece is just some of my personal experience and encounter with him. Everything I have written here is in my memoirs 'Lest I Forget 'which he has seen and read.

It is nothing new. But I think it important that the character of our top govt officials should be revealed and not covered up. We have, as a nation, paid dearly for supporting appointments to high office that are often detrimental to our nation.

Enough is enough and this has to stop.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/13/buharis-new-chief-staff-gambari-more-subtle-and-even-more-dangerous-late-abba-kyari

What's all these baba 75s doing in top positions again sef?
Hasn't their generation done enough in failing hundreds of generations to come already?

Abeg, our constitution is long overdue for serious overhauling else, it's fast becoming a glorified paper.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 13, 2020
oboy, na human being black like this
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Charisma01: 10:22pm On May 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:
He can't be more dangerous than Osinbajo.

Osinbajo is deadly and a fraud.

Under him 90bn disappeared in 3 days.....what did he do?...He resorted to intimidating and witch hunting the press.

Osinbajo who out of his 35 aides over 27 were from SW...his people.

He is the vice President of oodua and his people not Nigerians per say.

I wonder what that man will actually be remembered for?

Be very careful the way you jump on the band wagon to throw accusations.
If you are charged before a court of law for defamation and asked to substantiate your claims what will you say?
That you read it in the papers or saw it online?

Think before you talk
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by overboard(m): 10:31pm On May 13, 2020
Karlifate:
This man might end up being an ally to the new CoS tomorrow. In politics; no permanent friend, no permanent enemy, ONLY permanent interests. Trust a Nigerian politician's words at your own peril.
~
Just like how OBJ said he will never forgive Atiku Abubakar BUT end up endorsing him as a presidential candidate for the 2019 elections.
*Tueh*

This is not really politics coming Amb. Fafowora. I keep saying that diplomats are not politicians if we are going to be strictly speaking.

These crop of suave gentlemen undergo high end training and are expected to be apolitical. It is a prestigious but tedious and demanding calling. However, people from other walks are appointed for several reasons and such individuals are expected to fall in line. This is however not the case most of the time for political appointees.

Gambari - by what I have now learnt - is allegedly as sneaky as any regular politician though a diplomat.

We need to investigate and heed warnings even though some may be spurious. I know I cringe at my support of a certain regime just because I decided to look the other way based on how well they were sold.

Cheers bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Yankee101: 10:35pm On May 13, 2020
Time reveals all things
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Timfreds(m): 10:41pm On May 13, 2020
It's a known fact that nothing good will come out to Bubu. He will always pick his type. So I just know that Gambari hand no clean, for the fact that Buhari chose him.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Davpee: 10:48pm On May 13, 2020
ContractKiller:
Buhari's New Chief Of Staff Is Gambari Is More Subtle And Even More Dangerous Than Late Abba Kyari

By Ambassador Dapo Fafowora

I know him quite well. I was the one who in 1981 brought him to the UN at his request as a member of the Nigerian delegation. He was then a senior lecturer at the ABU. In fact, the late Prof Audu, who was then Foreign Minister actually advised me against inviting him to the UN. But he had strong academic credentials which impressed me.

He had obtained his first degree in political science from the LSE, and a doctorate from Colombia University in New York. We were looking for strong delegates to the UN General Assembly and I considered him the kind of delegate we were looking for. So I invited him as one of our delegates to the UN General Assembly. He was at the UN in New York with me. I gave him and his wife my city apartment which I was not using free for 3 months plus a car. I liked him and I was not seeking any favours from him.

After 3 months he returned home and sent me a note thanking me for giving him the first opportunity to visit the UN as a delegate and giving him his first experience at multilateral diplomacy.

However, he sent President Shagari a secret and private note that while he was at the UN he observed that I had not been attending the meeting of Islamic states at the UN.

President Shagari sent the note to Prof Audu who forwarded it to me in New York. He didn't even ask me for any comments on Gambari's secret memo as Prof Audu fully understood that Nigeria had traditionally not been attending meetings if the Islamic states as we were not then a member of the Group. Gambari asked for a private meeting with President Shagari which Prof Audu advised against. I was shocked that someone I had helped so much turned round to betray me so blatantly. I did not tell him I knew about the secret letter he had sent to the UN. When Shagari was overthrown by Buhari Gambari became Foreign Minister.

When career ambassadors were being suddenly retired I was at first not on the list. But Gambari, now FM and Rafindadi, the head of the NSO who had worked under me in London, and was now head of the NSO worked together to secure my retirement. In fact, when I called him from New York to confirm from him news about my retirement he first denied it.

Thereafter, he no longer took my calls. In fact, I remained at my post in New York for another 3 months during which the MFA tried to reverse the decision to retire me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong in my entire career in the diplomatic service and only got into trouble for helping a young academic who turned against me to fulfil his own personal ambition. Since then, he and I have only met twice in very difficult circumstances. First at a dinner by a mutual friend in New York several years after my retirement.

He could barely look directly at me. He was clearly embarrassed. Then when Buhari won the elections in 2015 I headed a team that was set up to prepare a paper for him on our Foreign Policy. Subsequently, Alhaji Joda asked him to join the team. Last year, he suddenly called me to ask if I would kindly represent him at a public lecture he had agreed to chair.

I told him I could not and that he should look for someone younger. He immediately hung up on me. Now, he may be the kind of person Buhari is looking for to succeed Abba Kyari as COS.

They are very much alike but Gambari is more subtle and even more dangerous and will substitute the national interests for his own personal interests. I have no doubt about that.

It is nothing new. But I think it important that the character of our top govt officials should be revealed and not covered up. We have, as a nation, paid dearly for supporting appointments to high office that are often detrimental to our nation.

Enough is enough and this has to stop.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/13/buharis-new-chief-staff-gambari-more-subtle-and-even-more-dangerous-late-abba-kyari
If he like he should be more dangerous than the viper, all I know is, God is on the throne.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by hibeebeeking: 10:48pm On May 13, 2020
Dangerous for their pocket. Before nko
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by hibeebeeking: 10:49pm On May 13, 2020
Dangerous for their pocket. Before nko?
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by AyakaDunukofia: 10:56pm On May 13, 2020
I disliked Gambari's political views after watching a joint interview between him and Wole Soyinka in 1997 where he Gambari was defending the "legitimacy" of Abacha's detention of Abiola. Wole Soyinka humiliated him that day on CNN.

He has been a part of the successive oppressive regimes in Nigeria. Thats the much I know about him, and also that he is a Fulani from Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by blackgold90(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2020
Karlifate:
~
*Tueh*

The man just told you the nature of man that the new CoS is...40 ago the man back stab him after helping him.

On obj and Atiku, obj believed Atiku in all his weakness is far better than buhari.
Obviously that is seen in buhari leadership
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by overboard(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2020
Reference:
Sins of decades past still hauting us. When will Nigeria make a clean break and change course for the better. You can imagine a member of Jimmy Carter's administration still hanging around the Oval Office.

That is what it is. A Minister in the 80's is COS in 2020. Just wierd. When this man was in the UN, Margaret Thatcher was the British PM to put it into context. I was busy assemblying a formidable collection of comic books and stamping kalkitos round the house....my goodness.

Utterly true though
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:01pm On May 13, 2020
FOXYDESIIGNERX:
Yes Nigeria is registered as an Islamic country, how come you don't know about it

At the point it was not registered..... so and so... do not forget Nigeria will forever remain a circular nation... whether registered in an islamic group or party.. it can never be owned by a certain group NEVER .!!!!!!
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2020
Is PMB himself not a betrayal? A man who betrayed Nigerians after coming in as a president, so don't expect him to work with people who are very straight. They are all betrayals, snitch and backstabbers
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by enemyofprogress: 11:06pm On May 13, 2020
What do you expect from a head slammer the follower of Mohammed? Bunch of very earthless people

Dominique I love you die
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by nerorex01: 11:07pm On May 13, 2020
How is his dangerous my business.
Dirty country leaders
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by enemyofprogress: 11:07pm On May 13, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

At the point it was not registered..... so and so... do not forget Nigeria will forever remain a circular nation... whether registered in an islamic group or party.. it can never be owned by a certain group NEVER .!!!!!!
secular sir
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:09pm On May 13, 2020
enemyofprogress:
secular sir

Whatever Bro... ...!! Mr English... Teacher teach me... according to Fela.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by enemyofprogress: 11:10pm On May 13, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:
I disliked Gambari's political views after watching a joint interview between him and Wole Soyinka in 1997 where he Gambari was defending the "legitimacy" of Abacha's detention of Abiola. Wole Soyinka humiliated him that day on CNN.

He has been a part of the successive oppressive regimes in Nigeria. Thats the much I know about him, and also that he is a Fulani from Ilorin.
I trust uncle Wole him sabi mess up hediots like Gambari
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by justy15: 11:11pm On May 13, 2020
That's Afonja's area of specialty; an average Yoruba man Christian or Muslim is a betrayal. Nevertheless, there is nothing new for us in Nigeria. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Dapo Fafowora: "COS Ibrahim Gambari Is Even More Dangerous Than Kyari" by enemyofprogress: 11:11pm On May 13, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Whatever Bro... ...!! Mr English... Teacher teach me... according to Fela.
na because of your English guys dey use and dump you o. Age no dey your side again, so you better work on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes / Nigerians React To Saraki Sneaking Into The National Assembly / Aridolf Hotel In Bayelsa Owned By Patience Jonathan (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.