Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion (56843 Views)

Akwa Ibom Coconut Oil Factory To Commence Operation Tomorrow (Pictures) / Ibom Coconut Refinery Taking Shape… Photos / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:00pm On May 14, 2020
Igbosmoker:
In next 10 years if akwa ibom continue like this I see them overtaking river state as the most developed state in South south.

Our neighbor mumu Delta is still sleeping, let me not even mention that yeye bayelsa state
I don't still understand Bayelsa do the give them 13% derivation?
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:01pm On May 14, 2020
Sam4eternallife:
Proverbs 29:2
[2]When the [uncompromisingly] righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked man rules, the people groan and sigh.
This is secret of true development.
Nice words
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Abagworo(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2020
The impact of this will be in years to come but if it is owned and managed by Akwaibom State Government then it is dead on arrival like every Government owned industry.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:01pm On May 14, 2020
Urchman200:
which state is more industrialized than abia? Bad leadership is the problem of abia state not about industrialisation.

Yeah bro

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 14, 2020
Hunchogee:

I don't still understand Bayelsa do the give them 13% derivation?
that still is top 4 richest in Nigeria. They also take 13% oil earnings.

They are among the lowest population state in Nigeria and the state is also small, they've everything it takes to be developed

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:02pm On May 14, 2020
friday2011:
Starting no dey hard government for this country...

Lets see how far maintenance will go, hopefully they can privatize it.
Your right but is PPP bro

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by StubbornGENIUS: 12:04pm On May 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Savie(m): 12:04pm On May 14, 2020
Wow Akwa Ibom is fast becoming the industrial hub in the country. When the Ibom Deep Seaport commence operation and the international oil companies relocate to the 21 storey building in Uyo, there's no doubt Akwa Ibom will supercede Lagos as the Number 1 state Nigeria. Kudos to the governor

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:06pm On May 14, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Only Edo and cross river don't have oil. But it's only akwa ibom that is trying.

River state haven't made an improvement since wike took over, not that that mumu amaechi is even good but it's better.

Delta State have been looted since forever, they use the remnants to develop some part.

While bayelsa is in God's hands lmao

Hahahaha����� guy you wicked
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:08pm On May 14, 2020
yaki84:

We don't want it to challenge any sector.
Industrialization in akwaibom isn't for competition or game of challenge.
Na for the economy of the state.
Matured response from a wise man
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by May1st: 12:10pm On May 14, 2020
JAMO84:
This is the kind of things that can take Nigeria out of poverty, not by Buhari snapping his fingers and poverty should be gone.

I AM DONE TALKING

They prefer building churches. Mighty ones

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by wink2015(m): 12:10pm On May 14, 2020
DELTA STATE VOTERS WILL SUFFER THE POST CORONAVIRUS ECONOMIC CHALLENGES IF THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE KIND OF LEADERS THEY ELECT INTO HIGHER PUBLIC OFFICE.

From ex-governor James Ibori to Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, and the current governor Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa all have the same mindset which did not support the development of industries.

INDUSTRIALIZATION is lacking in Delta state.

What you see is just, petrol station, private school, hotels and churches.

NO MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES like what one can find in the south east like Innoson, Ibeto, and many others that is scattered around Nnewi, Awka, Aba etc

CRUDE OIL is getting lesser and lesser in terms of relevance.

What is the next goldmine. AGRICULTURE, MANUFACTURING AND FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES ETC

THE SEAPORT that is supposed to be a natural blessing is under-utilized.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:15pm On May 14, 2020
carpdiemz:

I’m telling you oh , I passed through the plantation from ogoni land with my landlord when I was serving in rivers state , we enroute to eket that was my first time in akwa ibom , the plantation is picturesque I so much love it kudos to them , that state is blessed even looking at the soil they are blessed ,and they have got a beautiful weather too
Honestly and the are peaceful too

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:16pm On May 14, 2020
Hollyharjii:
I just love the state naturally, good things are always on their sides, the most cleanest state in Nigeria so far, with lots of recreational centers, God now buttered their bread with a good Leaders who believe in continuity.
Kudos to Victor Attach
Godswill Akpabio
Emmanuel Udom

I'm proud I served in such state
God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:19pm On May 14, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
If the industry cannot grow beyond akwaibom state,then its just like any other small scale business
With 1m daily processing it will surely grow

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:20pm On May 14, 2020
Gregorian2020:
I love this, not those who are planning to feed school children who are sitting at home with 13 billion naira. Build what will provide job
Nice lne
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:22pm On May 14, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:
But, where are the coconut trees? Let this not end up like other beautiful but unusable plants (Nwobodo's carpet factory that took millions of dollars loans). Believe, for me, that there should be ready and sustainable plantations before the factory. This is because, most times, these plants are just built as a means of justifying some stashed away billions, while meaningful and yarning needs of the society are overlooked.
Please read the post again and this time read btw lines...if will sure give you the answer you wsnt

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:23pm On May 14, 2020
booz:
Why not learn from Dangote tomato paste error? Where's the raw material that'll ensure continuity?
It's not about setup, it's about carrying out comprehensive feasibility studies before embarking on such enterprise
Please read through the article again
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:24pm On May 14, 2020
abeggnow:
IT cant. I will tell you why because it's government-owned, except it privately owned or some form of joint ownership between government and private individuals where the private individual owns more stakes. You see government-owned companies are known for their inefficiency and cronyism.
Pls it's called st Gabriel covonut factory and not ibom is PPP... pls read through again and correct yourself
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:26pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Johnson baby oil and others are imported from Europe,with this coconut oil factory coco-dollars
Nice knowledge bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:27pm On May 14, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Oga,try to read,don't just jump to a conclusion
Coconut plantations are in ikot abasi,eastern obolo and mkpat enin
Likewise in other LGA
God bless you bro
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by kayusely70(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2020
God Bless The Visionary Emmanuel!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:32pm On May 14, 2020
YungLasaint:
Yea you're right... Maybe the have boycott everything...
Pls tell him that exchange rate and other factors as really affected propose plans by the government
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:33pm On May 14, 2020
Kenmoris22:
oga all this things are fake this akwaibom govt lai too much all is fake not existing
Hmmmm, I don't no if you're an hater or simply bitter but you can pick a trip to the address and see it yourself

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
Kennydoc:

Listen, Nigeria is a poor country. The resources are limited, and the focus should be on building things with economic potentials. By the time the country is as rich as some of the First World countries, we can start spending money on aesthetics. What is the value of iPhone 11 to a man who needs 400k to start small scale business?

That PH Monorail was a waste of funds in the first place.
Another thing, remember Calabar was the first to build Monorail. When last did hear about it?
Apart from Lagos, I sincerely don't know any other state that deserves monorail as a critical infrastructure now.
Ok sir
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hotspotbro(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2020
Just go and look at the coconut factory after 2 years...
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
Abagworo:
The impact of this will be in years to come but if it is owned and managed by Akwaibom State Government then it is dead on arrival like every Government owned industry.
No sir....its owned by a turkish company
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Savie(m): 12:38pm On May 14, 2020
booz:
Why not learn from Dangote tomato paste error? Where's the raw material that'll ensure continuity?
It's not about setup, it's about carrying out comprehensive feasibility studies before embarking on such enterprise
Reread the news again dude.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:40pm On May 14, 2020
Igbosmoker:
that still is top 4 richest in Nigeria. They also take 13% oil earnings.

They are among the lowest population state in Nigeria and the state is also small, they've everything it takes to be developed
Thats surplus but why are there still underdeveloped?
Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:43pm On May 14, 2020
wink2015:
DELTA STATE VOTERS WILL SUFFER THE POST CORONAVIRUS ECONOMIC CHALLENGES IF THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE KIND OF LEADERS THEY ELECT INTO HIGHER PUBLIC OFFICE.

From ex-governor James Ibori to Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, and the current governor Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa all have the same mindset which did not support the development of industries.

INDUSTRIALIZATION is lacking in Delta state.

What you see is just, petrol station, private school, hotels and churches.

NO MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES like what one can find in the south east like Innoson, Ibeto, and many others that is scattered around Nnewi, Awka, Aba etc

CRUDE OIL is getting lesser and lesser in terms of relevance.

What is the next goldmine. AGRICULTURE, MANUFACTURING AND FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES ETC

THE SEAPORT that is supposed to be a natural blessing is under-utilized.
Wow, but I heard warri is massively developed with industries na

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Hunchogee: 12:43pm On May 14, 2020
kayusely70:
God Bless The Visionary Emmanuel!
And us too amen

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Coconut Refinery, Nigeria’s Future Beckons, Nears Completion by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 14, 2020
Hunchogee:

Thats surplus but why are there still underdeveloped?
their own people is looting the money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / Nigeria Now The Highest Producer Of Rice In Africa / 5 Hidden Secrets Of Making Money From Yam Business Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.