Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning (51139 Views)

Parents Reject N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning In Atlantic Hall School / UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program For Nigerians (stipend Of €450) / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ejanla077: 8:16am On May 15, 2020
friday2011:

Guy, abeg correct all those errors up there, its too much for me to believe you can actually withstand ur niece in a conversation not to talk of educational debates.

Haba

Are you saying the niece cannot be worse than him? Some families have world class olodo
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ewizard1: 8:17am On May 15, 2020
@KingAzubuike, I think @Zionmade is rigth.

For example, when never you read news from Havard University, then you know why it costs a arm, a leg... and a head to study there.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by slowice(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2020
Well any parent that can afford 4.5m per annum school fees should have no problem paying 175k monthly for e lessons.....

Even the lesson fee was my 4years fees for uniport that time... E be like change come out sef

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Aystarz: 8:19am On May 15, 2020
COURVOISier:
The school try, if you fit afford 4.5m what's common 175k. It's shows they just put their children there for hype sake. If na white man na to just subscribe to those online learning app and pay highest $19.99 monthly. grin

Gbamsolutely.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by uchennaq(m): 8:19am On May 15, 2020
Why are they complaining? Since they agreed to pay 4.5 mil, why can't they pay 175k
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 8:22am On May 15, 2020
Their students don't make the best in WAEC or JAMB o.

Just call it school of class

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Ndipe(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2020
Excessive.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by uchennaq(m): 8:24am On May 15, 2020
Most of those parents are there for show off.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by creamylicious(f): 8:24am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
1.5million Naira per term?

What are they teaching?

I don’t think the parents should complain on that amount levied on virtual teaching monthly, if they can afford millions of Naira per session.

Throughout my primary to university, adding all my school fees, e no go reach 1.5million naira
my exact thoughts. 4/
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by creamylicious(f): 8:26am On May 15, 2020
4.5 million a term and paltry #175000 is causing them to shit in their panties. The school knows that any parent who can afford their fees term after term must have riches for generations unborn.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 8:26am On May 15, 2020
Whether you pay 20m naira yearly on a student, it doesn't really matter. If an ajepako whom God has destined to be president of Nigeria tomorrow pays only 100k per annum or even less, nothing would stop his destiny. The Atlantic hall student might end up being a servant under him in future. What is more important is getting sound education for your ward at affordable cost and not by patronising those expensive schools where money is preferred over and above service all in the name of finding 'class' for your ward and self. All my children attend good schools too around where the best in cambridge and other international exams' results are being produced every year. But the school's annual fee including that of boarding is a few thousands less than 1m naira which is what I call value for money. Attending expensive schools, giving birth in the western countries do not guarantee success of the child in life. Not everyone can be like Barack Obama. If you fail as a parent, the child also fails. I was looking for a place to enrol my child some years back and I was thinking of a popular expensive private school on the outskirts of abeokuta.its more expensive than the Atlantic Halls even. One of the teachers who used to be my neighbour in Lagos said one of the students once toasted her and assured her he would give her double the teacher's salary if she could allow him date her cos his parents are rich...the likes are the materials most of those expensive schools end up producing.

In life, those harping on class instead of realities always get stuck once the unexpected happen. Many people had HBP while several others died during the last global recession because they couldn't make ends meet anymore. They couldn't live above board. Same would happen this time if not worse. Many who are fond of doing beyond their capabilities all in the name of living unsecured lifestyles or class would be badly hit this time. The experience would be worse than the global economic recession which happened a few years back...companies are sacking people already and if you fall in this category, God is your strength.

8 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by shekauvsbuhari: 8:26am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

What are they teaching?

I don’t think the parents should complain on that amount levied on virtual teaching monthly, if they can afford millions of Naira per session.

Throughout my primary to university, adding all my school fees, e no go reach 1.5million naira
Dont mind those parents. They should go and pay up immideately. What is 175k per month compared to 1.5m per term?
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by bkool7(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2020
When you people have been agreeing to pay #4.5. per session.
Why won't they move in for the kill?
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by lexy2014: 8:27am On May 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I hate hearing things like this. Change your mentality, nobody is the cause of your misfortune. Schools like this you get value for money, quality education and another is the kind of people you meet there. Kids from great backgrounds, you get to form a network that will be invaluable later in future. A network that will shape your life and give it a meaning. If you have the money, take your kids there. It's usually a faster and surest route to greatness.

Then y are d parents complaining because of 175k? Are they not going to "get value for money" or are don't they see all d benefits u have stated above?

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by shekauvsbuhari: 8:27am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

What are they teaching?

Dont mind those parents. They should go and pay up immideately. What is 175k per month compared to 1.5m per term? Corona don dey reset their brains.

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Aystarz: 8:27am On May 15, 2020
olisaEze:
I wonder why seemingly smart parents always allow themselves to be scammed by these so called bourgeois private secondary schools.

Paying N4.5 million is still not a guarantee that ur pikin will not fall into the statistics that turn to drug addicted cultists/olosho in university.

U can pay for school but u can’t buy lessons, that ur child gets from spending time with u.

You can pay for school, but you can't buy class - Jay z

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by omonnakoda: 8:29am On May 15, 2020
friday2011:
Na wa, dis parents seff, 4.5m per annum no hard dem to pay all this while, na N175k per month dey hard dem?

Some rich parents can overdo ehnnn.
If they had a habit of not checking their expenses and spending carelessly they might not have the 4.5M

Rich people who make their money legitimately spend carefully.. poor people call them "stingy"

6 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 8:30am On May 15, 2020
friday2011:

Guy, abeg correct all those errors up there, its too much for me to believe you can actually withstand ur niece in a conversation not to talk of educational debates.

Haba

MY FRIEND WHICH SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND?
I ASSUMED THEY MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU USES OF ENGLISH, IN USES OF ENGLISH, THERE IS WHAT WE CALL AMBIGUITY AND VAGUE.
NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE OR TYPE EVEN ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT CORRECT, AS LONG AS, THE MESSAGE IS SEND, IT IS ACCEPTABLE
SO MY GUY I AM NOT CORRECTING ANYTHING.
THANK YOU, FOR THE OBSERVATION.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by zionmde: 8:30am On May 15, 2020
harjay1986:

you think thats a waste of money no, wait until this children come out, the connection is what the parent are paying for
connections is also a waste of money. If i save up the excesses in those fees and invest it into them wen they come out from school, in less than one year, they will land the biggest jobs. quick example, school fees for lagos business school is just about 9 million.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by joelag: 8:30am On May 15, 2020
If the school don't have this online platform with dedicated computers for their students for homeworks before the pandemic, then they have been scamming the parents.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Ferdinandu(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2020
If you can pay 4.5 million annually 175k is cheap for virtual lesson. If you don't have the money respect your self, and hang your clothes where your hand can reach . They service wealthy people not average people. You carry yourself pay 4.5 million for secondary education and now you realise you are been exploited. Shut up and continue following the Jones
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Myself2(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

What are they teaching?

Exactly
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by shekauvsbuhari: 8:34am On May 15, 2020
Shukusheka:
175K per month, not per term. That's 47% of the normal school fees they paid when students go to school physically. Then add internet cost, plus cost of purchasing computers for these children. It is too much.
4.5m per session for a high school education in Nigeria is highly unreasonable and madness. Since they have been gladly engaging in the madness and unreasonableness all these years, why would they want to stop now that around 47% have been reduced from the madness. To me its a very good deal for them. Abi Corona don dey teach them sense?

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Myself2(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2020
Our people say anybody wey agree to go with tortoise on a journey must be ready for slow movement

Why are they complaining ? Have they not been paying millions of naira per session, so this little fraction of the millions come they pepper them for body ?

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Toochiii: 8:36am On May 15, 2020
Hit me up on whatsapp at 09064407171 if you need help with typing of assignments, term papers, thesis and projects in all formats( PDF, doc, txt, ptx etc).
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by omonnakoda: 8:37am On May 15, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Yet no student from this school has ever emerged with the best WAEC result nationwide...........WASTE OF MONEY.
Those who make best WAEC results and up working for people who attend schools like this.

In Nigeria we operate a privilegocracy just like our colonial masters,the UK where Eton College has produced 20 prime ministers to date.

Go back the last 50 years and point out how far best WAEC results have taken anyone in Nigeria.
What matters in Nigeria is who you know not what you know.

5 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by porthouse7(f): 8:38am On May 15, 2020
Wetin dem they teach sef, they are not better academically than standard model schools
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by UncleAboki: 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:

What are they teaching?

lols
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by toycom001(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Josidel Online Business Ventures (RC 2939406).

If you want to DOUBLE your business then first concentrate on doubling your conversion rate before doubling traffic. #seo #sem #DigitalMarketing #cro #conversions

We are currently running a promo on 6000 naira per month for either Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter advert. T&C Apply.

WhatsApp +2348113273337
Calls +2348032739705
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by guru90: 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Please, what are they learning there? I paid 1k per term during my secondary days back in the year.
What is 175k per month.....
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by karkinase(m): 8:40am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

MY FRIEND IT IS A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON THE FIRST PARAGRAPH, WHICH WAS DUE TO MY NERVOUSNESS, I WAS NOT CALM WHILE TYPING,
IS THERE ANY OTHER COMPLAIN AGAIN? IF THERE IS, POINT IT OUT FOR ME.
THANKS, I TILL MAINTAIN MY GROUND, I WOULD PERFECT A MISSION SCHOOL THAN ANY OF THOSE SCHOOLS.
Guy no dey cast urself na.
first, you dont know the rules on replying on a social forum. writing in full caps is simply BS.
secondly, ur tenses are still bad...regardless your calmness to reply.
Lastly, Be humble.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by delvzy(m): 8:41am On May 15, 2020
The credibility of such school need to be checked. What's the point of all this exorbitant amount of fees when their alumni haven't done something tangible in improving Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition / Comfort Ekaette Inyang, BABCOCK Best Student: I Never Had A Boyfriend On Campus / Come And Collect Your Certificates! - University Of Benin Pleads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.