Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning (51106 Views)

Parents Reject N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning In Atlantic Hall School / UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program For Nigerians (stipend Of €450) / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 7:47am On May 15, 2020
themomentng:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/392527-parents-kick-as-atlantic-hall-imposes-n175000-monthly-fee-for-online-learning.html

Yet no student from this school has ever emerged with the best WAEC result nationwide...........WASTE OF MONEY.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Bahamas95(m): 7:47am On May 15, 2020
Why are they complaining? If they are not ready to pay they should take their children to Umukoro Development Community High School grin

Better food na better money cook am.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by UltimateSpice: 7:48am On May 15, 2020
If the parents could pay 1.5 million per term why are they complaining about a 'mere' N175000?

It is something like this that makes communism sound reasonable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by kasee(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2020
fr3do:
The school has expenses, the parents should be considerate.
What's 175k monthly?
...... look at this one that went to night school.....u really asking what's 175k?...

4 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by marvin906(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2020
harjay1986:

you think thats a waste of money no, wait until this children come out, the connection is what the parent are paying for

at the expense of having child who can only speak phonetics and nothing else...
ain't saying smart kids ain't in the school
buh if I where to match most of these expensive schools with most government schools..
it would be a blood bath

5 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by godstino(m): 7:51am On May 15, 2020
Many persons didn't even bother to read the letter. I think it's a fair deal. The said amount is only applicable to those who haven't paid the third term fees and would be considered as part payment of the fee.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Alwaysachick: 7:51am On May 15, 2020
Walexdubia:

#4.5m ke!!!, some parents self dey bite more than what they can chew...
Now they're complaining about tuition fees,it shows most can't afford the sch,they just go there for clout chasing...

and show off. They can't show off online hence the protest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Brunicekid(m): 7:52am On May 15, 2020
Shukusheka:
175K per month, not per term. That's 47% of the normal school fees they paid when students go to school physically. Then add internet cost, plus cost of purchasing computers for these children. It is too much.
So, you think these children (considering their rich background) don't have computers before this time?

4 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Psoul(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2020
Shukusheka:
175K per month, not per term. That's 47% of the normal school fees they paid when students go to school physically. Then add internet cost, plus cost of purchasing computers for these children. It is too much.

Guy, if those parents were paying 4.5m/annum for tuition fee, then 175k/mnth shouldn't be a problem.

You are talking about internet and computer. I believe the parents must have already provided laptop for each of their kids for such a school. They must have bn providing internet services to them too.

Secondly, they are going to learn from the comfort of their homes. The parents are saving the pocket money that would've bn given to the children if they were to go to school. They are saved from stress of going to school and other unforeseen circumstances. So add these and see that the parents are gaining.

Then for the school. You know they will still pay those teachers full salaries. They will need to invest heavily on internet with a very strong and fast coverage to be able to connect to hundreds of students at a time. This is an extra expenses for the school.

The parents are protesting cos the meeting was virtual. If it was to be physical, they'll all keep calm so that they'll not be seen as bn poor. All of them would've bn forming big man with much money. Let them pay the money biko.

12 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Coldie(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2020
U go pay this kind money as fees at the end of the day graduate with no work...
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by chamber2(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2020
harjay1986:

you think thats a waste of money no, wait until this children come out, the connection is what the parent are paying for

Which connection? Connection to where?

6 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 7:57am On May 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I hate hearing things like this. Change your mentality, nobody is the cause of your misfortune.

HE SAID NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, MOST OF THIS STUDENTS CAN NOT EVEN PASSED JAMB IN A SEAT, LET ALONE BECOMING THE EINSTEIN OR GALILEO GALILEE.

THAT WAS HOW MY UNCLE WAS SPENDING THOUSANDS ON HIS DAUGHTER IN MILITARY SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH HER WAS NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.
I ATTENTION A PUBLIC SCHOOL I COULD CHALLENGE HER AND WIN HER IN ANY OF THE SUBJECT AS A SCIENCE STUDENT.
ALL THOSE NAME'S OF SCHOOLS ARE ENTREPRENEURSHIP, I NO PITY FOR THE SAID PARENT AT ALL.

9 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by oldman112(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2020
Some people are spending money oooo, I can't really afford it for my kids now but I rather send them outside Nigeria for schooling or put them in a Public mission school. Is all about survival, and adaptation, I can't spend huge amount of money on them in this level on their education and still make plans for them to further there education here in Nigeria. What matters most is problem solving and not a borrowed curriculum.

4 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by somehow: 8:00am On May 15, 2020
If you were stupid enough to pay #4.5 million per annul for a secondary school education which is more expensive than the most expensive university in Nigeria, then why complain about #175k?

Foolish people!

Weird enough, I am yet to read anything about any brilliant initiative from any of the students that went to the school!

8 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by litaninja(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2020
Haba. A-Hall parents don't complain about money naaaaaaaaa
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ChengHun(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2020
175000. That's enough to buy two plots of land.what are they Teaching?

3 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by somehow: 8:01am On May 15, 2020
Calm down, too many errors in your writeup.
How then can you convince us that you are better than the so-called niece of yours education-wise?

Waist:

HE SAID NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, MOST OF THIS STUDENTS CAN NOT EVEN PASSED JAMB IN SEAT, LET ALONE BECOMING THE EINSTEIN OR GALILEO GALILEE,

THAT HOW MY UNCLE WAS SPENDING THOUSANDS ON HIS DAUGHTER IN MILITARY SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH HER WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.
I ATTENTION A PUBLIC SCHOOL I COULD CHALLENGE HER AND WIN HER IN ANY OF THE SUBJECT AS A SCIENCE STUDENT.
ALL THOSE NAME'S OF SCHOOLS ARE ENTREPRENEURSHIP, I NO PITY FOR THE SAID PARENT AT ALL.

6 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by friday2011(m): 8:02am On May 15, 2020
Na wa, dis parents seff, 4.5m per annum no hard dem to pay all this while, na N175k per month dey hard dem?

Some rich parents can overdo ehnnn.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ejanla077: 8:02am On May 15, 2020
zionmde:
And their students have not invented a single ventilator or found cure for COVID 19 after all d 4.5Millions?

waste of money

They never make it to any national competition...

Schools dat pay 15000 in Anambra keep representing Nigeria in world competitions.. Nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by omonnakoda: 8:02am On May 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I hate hearing things like this. Change your mentality, nobody is the cause of your misfortune. Schools like this you get value for money, quality education and another is the kind of people you meet there. Kids from great backgrounds, you get to form a network that will be invaluable later in future. A network that will shape your life and give it a meaning. If you have the money, take your kids there. It's usually a faster and surest route to greatness.
You have bad mouth.
The nastiness in your personality shines through. You are ugly

3 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Gudfada1: 8:04am On May 15, 2020
Why complaining? Since you can't offer the services teachers are giving your children, please there have no option at all....

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by friday2011(m): 8:06am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

HE SAID NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, MOST OF THIS STUDENTS CAN NOT EVEN PASSED JAMB IN SEAT, LET ALONE BECOMING THE EINSTEIN OR GALILEO GALILEE,

THAT HOW MY UNCLE WAS SPENDING THOUSANDS ON HIS DAUGHTER IN MILITARY SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH HER WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.

Guy, abeg correct all those errors up there, its too much for me to believe you can actually withstand ur niece in a conversation not to talk of educational debates.

Haba

8 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by nobone(f): 8:09am On May 15, 2020
Some parents aren't even bothered. They just want continuous learning for their wards. 175-195k isn't a big deal to them.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Jloveme(m): 8:11am On May 15, 2020
themomentng:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/392527-parents-kick-as-atlantic-hall-imposes-n175000-monthly-fee-for-online-learning.html

That's the price you pay when the government of a nation mortgages the future of the state/federal government owned school, thereby empowering private entities to rip off innocent Nigerians! Now they are on the verge of finally crippling our federal government owned higher institutions to enable them fund their private universities with higher levies and unimaginable school fees!
While other countries of the world are securing the future of generation unborn with secured and free quality education owned by the government! Nigeria is about destroying whatever crumbs is left of our already depleted educational system! They already pocketed NLC, PENGASSON, DOCTORS and now ASUU is their target. Shame on Nigeria
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Mizwisdom(f): 8:11am On May 15, 2020
Our government just relax, trying to bring private schools down because they are clueless. I pity parent waiting for government to resume schools. Those who have sense have gotten their kids private tutors.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ggood: 8:13am On May 15, 2020
wasted money , why not go abroad, most of their students are daft

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ejanla077: 8:14am On May 15, 2020
somehow:
How then can you convince us that you are better than the so-called niece of yours education-wise?

Na waa. Do you kno the level of the olodo that runs in d family?
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 8:15am On May 15, 2020
Hm
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 8:15am On May 15, 2020
Please how can I get job in this school? Even if na sweeping?
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Oteikwu1(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2020
What are there teaching in d school
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 8:16am On May 15, 2020
somehow:

MY FRIEND IT IS A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON THE FIRST PARAGRAPH, WHICH WAS DUE TO MY NERVOUSNESS, I WAS NOT CALM WHILE TYPING.
IS THERE ANY OTHER COMPLAIN AGAIN? IF THERE IS, POINT IT OUT FOR ME.
THANKS, I TILL MAINTAIN MY GROUND. I WOULD PERFECT A MISSION SCHOOL THAN ANY OF THOSE SCHOOLS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boarding School Scandals: My Experiences As A Staff Of FGGC / UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.