Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning (51107 Views)

Parents Reject N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning In Atlantic Hall School / UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program For Nigerians (stipend Of €450) / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by somehow: 8:42am On May 15, 2020
You also don't know how to use punctuation marks. No full stop where necessary. I mean no harm but please stop using capital letters.

Peace out bro.

Waist:

MY FRIEND IT IS A TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR ON THE FIRST PARAGRAPH, WHICH WAS DUE TO MY NERVOUSNESS, I WAS NOT CALM WHILE TYPING,
IS THERE ANY OTHER COMPLAIN AGAIN? IF THERE IS, POINT IT OUT FOR ME.
THANKS, I TILL MAINTAIN MY GROUND, I WOULD PERFECT A MISSION SCHOOL THAN ANY OF THOSE SCHOOLS.

5 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Swingate(m): 8:42am On May 15, 2020
The federal government and all stake holders should come together and rescue Nigerian parents from these private schools, they are milking them dry.
Many people are dying because of the pressure to get more money, the stories never end and most parents are going into serious crisis because of the insensitive behavior of these schools.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by somehow: 8:43am On May 15, 2020
Oga small small.... lipsrsealed
ejanla077:

Na waa. Do you kno the level of the olodo that runs in d family?

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by friday2011(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

MY FRIEND WHICH SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND?
I ASSUMED THEY MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU USES OF ENGLISH, IN USES OF ENGLISH, THERE IS WHAT WE CALL AMBIGUITY AND VAGUE.
NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE OR TYPE EVEN ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT CORRECT, AS LONG AS, THE MESSAGE IS SEND, IT IS ACCEPTABLE
SO MY GUY I AM NOT CORRECTING ANYTHING.
THANK YOU, FOR THE OBSERVATION.

Jesus Christ, no vex professor, my time is precious to me.

Make i leave you for pple at my level.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 8:46am On May 15, 2020
ejanla077:

Na waa. Do you kno the level of the OLODO that runs in d family?
U ARE AN IDIOT, FOR YOU TO REFERRED TO ME AND MY FAMILY AS OLODO'S YOUR ENTIRE LINAGE I DON'T THINK THEY ARE AS EDUCATED AS MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Laxy009(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2020
For parent to pay this kind of E- learning fee . They need to show trust .

Before the pandemic ,most parent would have paid their kids school fees and after the pandemic the school ought to have calculated the amount of fees the student has exhausted before the school was shut down and provide refund to the parent first . Value must be given for any payment made . Since school wasn’t opening during those period the parent deserve refund before they establish their e learning platform this would enable the parent to trust them and pay for the home learning platform with a certain fixed amount for school fees so that they can meet their obligations .
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by uvie66: 8:47am On May 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I hate hearing things like this. Change your mentality, nobody is the cause of your misfortune. Schools like this you get value for money, quality education and another is the kind of people you meet there. Kids from great backgrounds, you get to form a network that will be invaluable later in future. A network that will shape your life and give it a meaning. If you have the money, take your kids there. It's usually a faster and surest route to greatness.
just like the Lagos State health commissioners, and with all the resources at Lagos State disposal but still they can't ramp up COVID-19 testing.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by GoldHorse(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2020
olisaEze:
I wonder why seemingly smart parents always allow themselves to be scammed by these so called bourgeois private secondary schools.

Paying N4.5 million is still not a guarantee that ur pikin will not fall into the statistics that turn to drug addicted cultists/olosho in university.

U can pay for school but u can’t buy lessons, that ur child gets from spending time with u.

The belief of most of these parents is that they are buying "future connections" for their kids since their classmates will be children of "big men".

My own belief is why not bring up and train your children not to rely too much on connections but mostly on their ability...then connections will flow in........

5 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by ejanla077: 8:53am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

U ARE AN IDIOT, FOR YOU TO REFERRED TO ME AND MY FAMILY AS OLODO'S YOUR ENTIRE LINAGE I DON'T THINK THEY ARE AS EDUCATED AS MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY.

They re not na.. You obviously got olodo family.. Who will be a proud half baked... Nobody in my family
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nmezor(f): 8:53am On May 15, 2020
Hmmm, they shouldn't complain now
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by KingAzubuike(f): 8:57am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

HE SAID NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, MOST OF THIS STUDENTS CAN NOT EVEN PASSED JAMB IN SEAT, LET ALONE BECOMING THE EINSTEIN OR GALILEO GALILEE,

THAT HOW MY UNCLE WAS SPENDING THOUSANDS ON HIS DAUGHTER IN MILITARY SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH HER WAS NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.
I ATTENTION A PUBLIC SCHOOL I COULD CHALLENGE HER AND WIN HER IN ANY OF THE SUBJECT AS A SCIENCE STUDENT.
ALL THOSE NAME'S OF SCHOOLS ARE ENTREPRENEURSHIP, I NO PITY FOR THE SAID PARENT AT ALL.
Firstly don't think those kids take jamb , they take more advanced exams and jet out abroad to study.

Secondly a military secondary school means nothing. Anybody can go there and don't use the misfortune of just one person to judge the whole system.

4 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2020
zionmde:

sharrap
if u don't know wat is called "value for money"
if their physics teacher can't produce a common ventilator, or their biology teacher a cure for Covid19, then the school is not worth it

kee yasef
From Economic point of view, 'value of money', u have a point but scientifically as a biology teacher doesn't make u a 'microbiologist'. We have Bio-chemist, pharmacy, and lots of fields in the medical line
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Chirowman(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2020
no be small thing ooo ,this one na big man matter.i heard someone saying huge some for school fees like this is a sure way to greatness .1.5 million well person wey get big head know how to carry am parents shouldnt complain their wards will get a good network of friends to compliment the money .inukwa million for high school ok ooo poverty go die
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by omakay(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2020
With half of that yearly budget, i will home-school my child.

Change go remain sef.

Besides the 4.5mill, who gets to check the value of the 'diamond paying school fees'.

Look at Harvard, look at America

Look at Stanford, look at America

Look at Oxford, look at the U.K

Look at Atlantic Hall, look at Nigeria

Look at King's College, look at Nigeria

Look at Covenant University, look at Nigeria

Look at Lekki-British International, look at Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by jaxxy(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2020
Overrated skol. Smh
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2020
Amotolongbo:
1.5million Naira per term?

What are they teaching?

I don’t think the parents should complain on that amount levied on virtual teaching monthly, if they can afford millions of Naira per session.

Throughout my primary to university, adding all my school fees, e no go reach 1.5million naira
Don't say N5m per term.
I don't work with or belong to Atlantic Hall School but I know the value of education.
If a school charges N5m per term or N175,000 per virtual teaching, know that it will worth it.
All you can ask for is to get the value or take your child to another lesser school.
The parent's aren't totally right fighting with the school.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Cheechy(f): 9:16am On May 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Focusmind: 9:16am On May 15, 2020
My kids school did same. Infact they said that third term have started with their online teaching and would allow just 10% discount on the normal school fees.
Mind you, as a parents, you prepare your kids for the learning, burn my data for hours, sometimes stay with them during the online tutorial and follow up with their assignments and mark them.

you are practically doing everything. When we had the online PTA, I had to pour out my mind with anger. Annoyingly, most parents seemed scared to challenge the owner of the school. I was dumbfounded. This Nigerian mentality of showing I am richer or I am better than the next person could be childish sometimes.

Some parents were even praising the school owner and teachers for coming up with the online teaching and accepted the fee structure. I was like what a Bleep!. I told them, 60% discount from the normal fee or nothing.

The owner later called me and accepted my 60% request but said I shouldn't inform other parents as they seemed ok with the fee.

I told myself, wetin be my own, call who? If they willingly accepted your proposal, fine and good with them. I thank him for accepting my 60% and I kukuma maintained myself without discussing anything with other parents. If you are not good with the offer, go and negotiate your own discount base on your peculiar circumstances but some would be forming Dangote at PTA meeting.

I work for myself and business is down for me. I don't hide anything. I will tell the truth, things are tough for me. There is no shame.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Cheechy(f): 9:18am On May 15, 2020
OkikiOluwa1:

Don't say N5m per term.
I don't work with or belong to Atlantic Hall School but I know the value of education.
If a school charges N5m per term or N175,000 per virtual teaching, know that it will worth it.
All you can ask for is to get the value or take your child to another lesser school.
The parent's aren't totally right fighting with the school.

Yes the value of education is IMMENSE , but lets' be Honest 2million a month for 3 classes a day

Other "prestigious" schools are charging nowhere near that value

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Omeleyi: 9:21am On May 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by therealMcCain: 9:22am On May 15, 2020
It is clearly written that those that have paid 3rd term fees are exempted from paying this fee

It is also stated that this fee is not an addition to 3rd term fee and it will be deducted from the 3rd term fees when school resumes

So what exactly is the problem?
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 9:22am On May 15, 2020
karkinase:

Guy no dey cast urself na.
first, you dont know the rules on replying on a social forum. writing in full caps is simply BS.
secondly, ur tenses are still bad...regardless your calmness to reply.
Lastly, Be humble.
My guy the cap log is to caught attention.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Omeleyi: 9:25am On May 15, 2020
Focusmind:
My kids school did same. Infact they said that third term have started with their online teaching and would allow just 10% discount on the normal school fees.
Mind you, as a parents, you prepare your kids for the learning, burn my data for hours, sometimes stay with them during the online tutorial and follow up with their assignments and mark them.

you are practically doing everything. When we had the online PTA, I had to pour out my mind with anger. Annoyingly, most parents seemed scared to challenge the owner of the school. I was dumbfounded. This Nigerian mentality of showing I am richer or I am better than the next person could be childish sometimes.

Some parents were even praising the school owner and teachers for coming up with the online teaching and accepted the fee structure. I was like what a Bleep!. I told them, 60% discount from the normal fee or nothing.

The owner later called me and accepted my 60% request but said I shouldn't inform other parents as they seemed ok with the fee.

I told myself, wetin be my own, call who? If they willingly accepted your proposal, fine and good with them. I thank him for accepting my 60% and I kukuma maintained myself without discussing anything with other parents. If you are not good with the offer, go and negotiate your own discount base on your peculiar circumstances but some would be forming Dangote at PTA meeting.

I work for myself and business is down for me. I don't hide anything. I will tell the truth, things are tough for me. There is no shame.

Bro you did well! if possible you for give that principal e-slap sef... One cold Heineken plus nkwobi for you. You be real gee
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Nobody: 9:26am On May 15, 2020
omonnakoda:

Those who make best WAEC results and up working for people who attend schools like this.

In Nigeria we operate a privilegocracy just like our colonial masters,the UK where Eton College has produced 20 prime ministers to date.

Go back the last 50 years and point out how far best WAEC results have taken anyone in Nigeria.
What matters in Nigeria is who you know not what you know.

""Those who make best WAEC results and up working for people who attend schools like this.""

Taa shut up. The best students in WAEC are working for entrepreneurs, They are not working for the people that attended this kinda fake schools.

""Go back the last 50 years and point out how far best WAEC results have taken anyone in Nigeria. ""

Go back 50 years n point out how far the people who attended these schools have gone in life in Nigeria.

What matters in Nigeria is what u have upstairs, Even ur dad won't allow u run his company is u dont have anything upstairs

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by zionmde: 9:35am On May 15, 2020
Jahwinaboy:
From Economic point of view, 'value of money', u have a point but scientifically as a biology teacher doesn't make u a 'microbiologist'. We have Bio-chemist, pharmacy, and lots of fields in the medical line
den they should employ all of dem to teach d kids. 4.5M is not a small money, that's more dan the annual pay of most Nigerian workers

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by NigeriaB(m): 9:36am On May 15, 2020
zionmde:
And their students have not invented a single ventilator or found cure for COVID 19 after all d 4.5Millions?

waste of money

Hahaha
Hehehe
Huhuhuhu
Hiohiohiohio
Lolzzz

Just kill me for laf
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by JoseRaji(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2020
themomentng:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/392527-parents-kick-as-atlantic-hall-imposes-n175000-monthly-fee-for-online-learning.html
N1.5 Million per term... Those guys better go straight for PhD after WAEC. In fact, they should be exempted from NYSC and given Ministerial positions after the PhD.

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Lumpyy(f): 9:42am On May 15, 2020
Are you me?am I you?���
Imagine these amounts...
Amotolongbo:
1.5million Naira per term?

What are they teaching?

I don’t think the parents should complain on that amount levied on virtual teaching monthly, if they can afford millions of Naira per session.

Throughout my primary to university, adding all my school fees, e no go reach 1.5million naira
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Sheuns(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2020
Funny enough some students from public schools go still do better than these ones paying 4.5m if they go head to head academically. 4.5m is much make we no lie. But since the parents took their kids their willingly, I gat no problem with that. Make the school sef reason with the parents. Na everyone need money at this moment.
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by osusuallstars: 9:45am On May 15, 2020
Who took them there ?
Abegiiiiii
Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by crazygod(m): 9:46am On May 15, 2020
Waist:

Guy don vez o. grin
I can picture you have with 'london tailor' trouser with the waist line up to your chest and over size suit with double lens frames. grin

2 Likes

Re: E-learning: Atlantic Hall Imposes N175,000 Monthly Fee For Online Learning by Waist: 9:48am On May 15, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Firstly don't think those kids take jamb , they take more advanced exams and jet out abroad to study.

Secondly a military secondary school means nothing. Anybody can go there and don't use the misfortune of just one person to judge the whole system.

YOU ARE RIGHT, I THINK, THE WHOLE THING ABOUT THIS BIG NAME SCHOOLS IS OVER EXAGGERATED.
MY NIECE WAS NOT THAT BAD, BUT I WAS EXPECTING MORE THAN WHAT I GOT FROM HER.
MAYBE MY CURIOSITY WAS JUST IN EXCESS.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boarding School Scandals: My Experiences As A Staff Of FGGC / UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Unilag-made Car Emerges Third Best In World Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.