Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. (61338 Views)

Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / Coronavirus Survivor, Ayodeji Osowobi Shares Her Story / Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by RapistOnBail: 4:15pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
[s]Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.[/s]
grin

You my guy are a liar

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by femi4: 4:17pm On May 15, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
Tell us how much you were paid to come up with this.
you can fool some people but not everyone
scam!
set awon doubting Thomas
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by GodPunishBiafra: 4:20pm On May 15, 2020
Investnow2017:

Are you saying that if an infected person spits on a pawpaw and after a while you scape the pawpaw that the result will not come back positive? Is that what you are saying? Then you know nothing about this virus.

Recently a Covid-19 positive carrier spat on a woman working on a train and weeks later that woman died. The case is still on now. So it is possible for even a door handle to text positive so long as it has been infected by an already infected person.

A lot of folks pick up this virus from the ATM machine attached to banks.

That there are faulty testing kits is not in doubt especially those made in China. That is why double testing using different equipment brings a more dependable result.
Just shut up if your brain is not functioning well to think and comprehend.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by GodPunishBiafra: 4:21pm On May 15, 2020
Saintinoo:

In all you have typed there is no where i see the point you are making.
That may be due to lack of common sense...
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by GodPunishBiafra: 4:22pm On May 15, 2020
dreu2fine:

Abba kyari did not die of coro ok e was cured of it and was to be dichaarge a week to be e died,e dies ds of acute ulcer
Shut up!
You're his personal private doctor abi?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by GodPunishBiafra: 4:23pm On May 15, 2020
geezynoni:

U no wise
You no lọgbọn
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by andrewtosin(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2020
Seun:
He didnt say anything about face-masks, as far as I can tell.
that's true... But the chances of face masks preventing someone from being infected is very low compared to sanitizing ones hands and constant washing of hands
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by eyinjuege: 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
VIPERVENOM:
Somebody on Twitter was calling covid-19 a scam. It caught up with him. Dude shared pics of himself in isolation centre and warned others. So op i believe you. If anybody no wan hear na him problem

Everyman for himself, God for us all
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by ArticleBeast: 4:40pm On May 15, 2020
INVINCIBLECSP1:
Corona virus is real but what I don't agree with NCDC is the figures they keep releasing every midnight. I get my information from a recovered COVID 19 patient.
You should try and package it for sale na.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Juliearth(f): 4:40pm On May 15, 2020
Investnow2017:

How about a woman who got to a bank and found out that they would not allow her in unless she wore a face mask. Soon she was asking someone, "abeg borrow me your face mask first when I return I go give you back" cheesy. Now assuming the person actually lent out his face mask ignorantly too? shocked

We should all rejoice. This virus was not meant for Africa! Millions would have died due to stark ignorance.

God loves Africa, else the mortality rate would have been massive.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by divineappo(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2020
nairamaniac:

Op pls dont answer this.

Tell him to be patient, when/if he gets infected, he would know the drugs.
that's a stupid response

Many people are infected in some states, and the NCDC guys in those states will never pick their calls. In situations like that, don't you think adequate info about drugs to use, will help that person treat himself while in isolation?
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Rafaeloma: 4:43pm On May 15, 2020
paid to advertise!!!
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Juliearth(f): 4:56pm On May 15, 2020
andrewtosin:
Nose masks do not prevent one from being infected. In fact what nose masks do is to prevent the carrier of the virus from infecting other innocent people.
I agree to your points though that people do ignorantly wear the nose masks
By the way I commend your elegance

I think the NCDC, Ministry of Information and National Orientation Agency are not doing a good job. Perhaps if the orientation on this pandemic was apt, practical and detailed enough, people would understand these things better.

Thanks for the compliment!
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by philsbaba: 4:59pm On May 15, 2020
nairamaniac:

Op pls dont answer this.

Tell him to be patient, when/if he gets infected, he would know the drugs.
idiot
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by YummySuits(f): 4:59pm On May 15, 2020
Investnow2017:

My dear that lame practice exists only in Nigeria and may be in some African countries. I once took my child to the hospital while holidaying in Dubai. The doctor was very clear. She told us all that we needed to know about each drug, what they were meant to do, expected reactions to watch out for etc etc etc.

But here in Nigeria, they just bring it, and demand "open your hand, see water, oya drink. God will perfect your health", blah, blah, blah. And even the nurse giving you does not even know what it is "na the doctor say make I collect am from pharmacy give you. Oya drink am oga, God go heal you" sad

That has been my experienceooooo sad

And they never take time to explain possible side effects you may experience from using the drugs. Or even take out time to explain the effects the drugs will have on you. Mind you, not all effects are listed on leaflets. So annoying!!!
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Investnow2017: 5:01pm On May 15, 2020
Jelzin2412:

Btw, I have met lots of people from different racial, ethnic divides and nations and I can state for certain; Nigerians are the worst people to convince on mother earth. The politicians have so screwed with them that they have lost even the slightest sense of knowledge & reasoning. Living is denial is their hobby and you dare not try to convince them otherwise.

You can come for me as you wish but It's what it is...

I cannot agree less with you. At least you have identified one reason why Nigerians are basically like that. It is said that you cannot understand a people until you become familiar with the common experiences that have shaped them.

Some time ago I was reading a book tagged "Revelation - it's Grand Climax At Hand". And I got to understand that Satan exploits three elements with which he controls the world presently. And these are Politics, Religion and, Commerce; and I quickly remember Nigeria.

You have rightly identified Politics as you observed that politicians have squarely screwed Nigerians beyond recognition. Now look at the commercial aspect. Have you been sick and found yourself in a pharmacy? Your immediate concern would be to find a GENUINE medical drug, and so it is with other products. Is it generator, electric pressing iron? Name it. Fake, fake fake. Even on the fake is boldly written ORIGINAL and these all got into Nigeria when we have SON (Standard Organization of Nigeria). I know a neighbour that keeps budget for generator every six months!

Now on the aspect of Religion, where do I start from? The myriads of church signboards tell the whole story. Miracles are performed only on television. Or only persons you have never meant in your life are healed. Patients are directed to church houses instead of hospital. Like someone said "Nigerian pastors are waiting to commence healing programme after Covid-19".

Politics, Commerce, Religion have all failed Nigerians miserably. If you grew up in this type of environment you cannot but go on doubting virtually everything. The situation is very bad. A woman was overpaid sometime ago where she went to buy some stuff, and she was determined to return the excess change. Guess the fear that was sowed in the heart of the seller "no believe ooooo maybe this woman wan use this money to harm you. No take the moneyoooo". It is that bad.

But something like Covid-19 that is a global phenomenon should have been exempted from this raging wave of doubts, but I am not sure the government is doing enough to erase that, if anything their handling of the issue leaves much to be desired. There are ways that our isolation centres can be videoed without necessarily revealing the identities of patients. Doctors, Nurses, Lab workers can be made to speak to educate the public. Because the disbelief of one can result in harm to thousands. How do you tell a doubting person to wear facemask, to observe social distancing, to be prepared to be locked down even for one day?

In fighting this epidemic, the virus of ignorance and doubt must be killed first before the pandemic. If this virus was meant for Africa, it would have been a monumental disaster, but thank God it is otherwise.

I have read a lot of comments from folks here, and most comments only approximate the stark lack of trust not so much in the non-existence of the virus but in the handling of it. How I wish those in charge will address the burning issues aggravating this gap and the obvious denials of many citizens in the fight to eradicate this contagion from our land. It is not too late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by panmunium(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2020
Well the op has disappeared without answering some important questions, people don't trust this fake govt, that's why they are asking all these questions. You should know that covid 19 is the reigning topic, so you could have prepared for this threads..your experience is shallow.!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by rottennaija(m): 5:11pm On May 15, 2020
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

I'm from Edo state. I was one of the 20 people that were discharged on the 13th of this month.
My purpose of writing this piece is to enlighten the people, especially the unbelievers on this forum that this virus is real. It is not a propaganda. Yes, l do not argue the fact that Govt has a way of taking advantage of situations like this, but when you are knowledgable, there is an extent at which you can be fooled.

This desease does not have the power that we are attributing to it. It took me just 7 days to recover because my case was detected early. The reason why people are still dying from this virus is due to ignorance and scepticisms. And when they eventually fall sick, it becomes too late

The day l received the call that my result came back positive, the health officials told me to take my time to get ready, and, even though they had my home address, told me to let them know where it will be convenient for me to wait for them to come pick me up. I'm saying this for those who keep say how come they don't see videos of patients on t.v. This was done so people don't stigmatize people close to me. Trust me, Nigerians are very good (or should l say bad) at that. Infact, the day after l was checked in the facility, one driver that works at my office who lives on the same street with my sister, went to that street to announce to anyone who cares to listen that her brother has tested positive to corona virus. Immediately, they started to stigmatize my sister, her husband and their three children. And these are people that l have had no contact with for weeks.

So, my main reason for writing this is for people to stop being ignorant. Get tested immediately you start to feel unwell. Early detection is the key to fighting this thing. When you are been screened, answer all the questions truthfully, don't hold any information back because it is due to the information you give that determines if you are eligible for testing or not. It is better you get tested and it comes out positive and receive treatment immediately than lie about your health, go home and die in ignorance.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.
If you are in a situation where you have symptoms, not all of it. Symptoms like difficulties in breathing, throat pain, but no fever, joint pains etc. You had cough but had taken treatment for it.

Now, you suspect it's Covid-19. While there is no travel history worth mentioning and you have not known anyone who has it that you have been in contact with. You give all these information truthfully but are told you are not eligible for test.

Because you couldn't get the test and have been to the hospital, have taken all sort of drugs given and still 4 weeks after, you are still having these major problems bolded. No relief.

What do you do? How do you get tested to be sure so you can move to something else.

Please respond to this.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Therapyken(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2020
Covid-19 may be real but op may not be
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by andrewtosin(m): 5:18pm On May 15, 2020
Juliearth:

I think the NCDC, Ministry of Information and National Orientation Agency are not doing a good job. Perhaps if the orientation on this pandemic was apt, practical and detailed enough, people would understand these things better.

Thanks for the compliment!
based on what I have seen so far, I think most of the sheer ignorance displayed by the people are deliberate
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by zakkxx: 5:32pm On May 15, 2020
Bravo, we thank God for your life
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by VickyRotex(f): 5:36pm On May 15, 2020
andrewtosin:
nawah oh... And I think of going out from Monday by using these taxis, bikes and buses.. May God help us and deliver us from this scourge.

So even with the face masks and hand sanitizer you were still infected?

Again we need to remember that wearing a face mask does not/is not to prevent us (i.e., the person wearing one) from contracting the virus as much as it is to protect others.

And I dont see the Op mention the use of face mask, but even if he used one, its not a 100% guarantee.
Let's even say the use of mask is perfect, the virus can transmit through the eyes which most of the time we dont cover and anyone infected close to the op could have it dispersed in the air. There are also other factors like using your hands to touch your face/eyes.

And let's not even talk about the way Nigerians have been handling face masks or the types of "face mask" that's being used.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 15, 2020
This OP sounds like one of the Ncdc officials shocked
Or just came here to create more awareness... tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 15, 2020
deepwater:

what drugs were u given?
please tell us more about the experience with covid - 19
to be honest we dont care what drivers and street people say - that is all they do.....talk and gossips!
how can we protect ourselves ?
any prophylaxis ?
what did the doctors say?
where u given proper food? because out here people are donating money
did u meet any Chinese doctor ? - very important cus FG say dey brought Chinese doctor with USD 2M and minster say na CCECC get the Chinese people.
what brand of bear is being served there?
do u have constant power at the center?
we saw Doyin Okupe with a fridge in the room, did u have a fridge ?
at isolation what was your daily routine, ?
do u just sit and wait to be tested negative?

please tell us more

Hilarious grin
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Salem17: 6:01pm On May 15, 2020
airminem:
we gonna have a problem here! wink
Lol,I love Eminem die

1 Like

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by geezynoni: 6:43pm On May 15, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

You no lọgbọn
You're tired.. Go and sleep.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2020
ArticleBeast:

You should try and package it for sale na.
No need. Everybody should do it.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by don3e(m): 6:49pm On May 15, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
Tell us how much you were paid to come up with this.
you can fool some people but not everyone
scam!
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by naijalodge(m): 7:02pm On May 15, 2020
Lies, one of those Buhari as locking supporters made thus up to confuse weak minded people
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:24pm On May 15, 2020
embarassed
osesology:
Fellow Nairalanders, l want to first of all use this opportunity to thank God for saving my life from this dreaded virus called covid 19.

Covid 19 is Real! Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Juliearth(f): 7:34pm On May 15, 2020
andrewtosin:
based on what I have seen so far, I think most of the sheer ignorance displayed by the people are deliberate

Touché! This too, is another problem. Our level of nonchalance is surreal and uncanny. We always have a way of trivializing things that are meant to be serious... But I still believe that if the aforementioned bodies are rugged and dogged in their approach, even the blind, deaf, dumb and the dead would be convinced and act accordingly.
Re: My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. by Fredchisom(m): 7:42pm On May 15, 2020
They actually asked you where it will be convinient to come pick you.
Your shallow story should included how you got the virus,your status quo and averagely what is cost you to be treated unless you are and agent of Civic 19 birus

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Best Toning Cream / Lightening Cream / How To Remove This From My Teeth / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.