Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation (31007 Views)

Husband-wife Fight Diverts Bangkok-bound Lufthansa Flight To Delhi / Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos / David Nwachukwu Dead: Kelechi Iheanacho PA Dies While Returning From Nightclub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by eunisam: 9:02pm On May 15, 2020
No wonder Mbaka said:This is a wicked generation with wicked leaders
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2020
tonididdy:

are we British and Americans... must we do what the white man does?
is it not in same white man country that there is free health care and transportation, yet the economy is still 10x better than your Nigeria.
what has this country done for anyone?
use your head...Nigeria's aren't made to pay flight tickets,unlike Europeans...mind you, Europeans and Americans are far richer than Nigeria and yet government paid their tickets
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by tonididdy(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
use your head...Nigeria's aren't made to pay flight tickets,unlike Europeans...mind you, Europeans and Americans are far richer than Nigeria and yet government paid their tickets
I don't know how old you are but why belittle yourself into trading insults?... well lucky for you I have graduated from that.
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Godons1: 9:04pm On May 15, 2020
Nice one.
No free things in Freetown.

God bless President Buhari, we Igbo's love you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Bahamas95(m): 9:04pm On May 15, 2020
I said it few days ago, those billionaires that donated to FG wasted their money.

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2020
tonididdy:

I don't know how old you are but why belittle yourself into trading insults?... well lucky for you I have graduated from that.
sorry about that...ur comment was naiive to me
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Urchman200: 9:06pm On May 15, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Fair deal

you are indeed a big failure if you claim to be abroad and cant pay your own return flight ticket fee, and still cant pay $700 for 16 days hotel reservation and 3 square meals daily in self isolation

That was how Chinese Governent asked arriving Nigerians to self isolate for 14 days, yet this scrupulous people went on protest that they cant pay for their own isolation in an hotel, till Chinese hotel owners kicked them out on the street

gibberish as usual.
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by izubext007: 9:07pm On May 15, 2020
if I may ask....what about the billions given to the government to fight this corvid-19 by banks.
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by remele2(f): 9:07pm On May 15, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Disgraceful....how low can nigeria go?

Very low
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Drizzy5001(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Nairaboi(m): 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
So what about isolation centres been donated? Na wao

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by OKTolu: 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
This is getting serious by the day What's if they don't even have the said amount na to become Thailand citizen be that ooo
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Exc2000: 9:08pm On May 15, 2020
Urchman200:
gibberish as usual.

yet you quoted gibberish? low self esteem in full display
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:09pm On May 15, 2020
Bahamas95:
I said it few days ago, those billionaires that donated to FG wasted their money.
how much did the billionaire contribute and how much will it take government to pay the returnees tickets and accommodate,free them and then also treat those with convid 19 as well as give out palliatives

the cost of flight, accommodate and feeding per person is about 1 million times about 2-5k returnees..that about 20 billion naira...the cost of palliatives and managing of coronavirus isn't even inclusive

fyi, americans and Europeans are made to pay their flight tickets too, Nigerians arent

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by tonididdy(m): 9:09pm On May 15, 2020
[quote author=martineverest post=89590235][/quote]
naive you say... I read and understand clearly.
the Nigerian govt I know will never pay airfare for any Nigerian... what you claimed is false and I will want to read where you read, NG payed airfare fee.

they provided isolation for British, American and Dubai returnees ( of which we already here complains of the standards in the isolation camps), only a few countries evacuated and they want to back out now and make returnees pay for their air and accommodation needs.

pathetic of a country and you are proud to defend her!
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
if they spend billions on moving Nigerians abroad home and feeding them for 14 days,how much will be left?....even Americans and Canadians are made to pay their flight tickets
This is correct. Although accommodation and feeding can be considered

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:11pm On May 15, 2020
OKTolu:
This is getting serious by the day
What's if they don't even have the said amount
na to become Thailand citizen be that ooo
the cost of accommodation and feeding in those countries is far more than the 270k government is demanding.... average cost of accommodation in western world is about 500k per month

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Vikynas: 9:11pm On May 15, 2020
Maybe na the man get the hotel
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by laivwire(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2020
bmdmixer:
its foolishness to even leave the country u are coming back to this thing called a country, well thank Ur God it was before u enter plan land. dem come dey tell u all this hidden charges
...and considering those who travelled on a 2 week visa or for a brief seminar and got stuck there due to lockdown. Do you expect them to keep paying unexpected hotel bills and racking up feeding costs in higher expensive currencies?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Edusouls(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2020
Federal government has lots of loads on their head here Abeg, returnees should Carter for their bills, by the way they weren’t sent on government assignment, the first returnees were lucky to have got the bonus free of charge treatment, a sensible person won’t expect the federal government to Carter for the bills of 4000 or over returnees

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On May 15, 2020
tonididdy:

naive you say... I read and understand clearly.
the Nigerian govt I know will never pay airfare for any Nigerian... what you claimed is false and I will want to read where you read, NG payed airfare fee.

they provided isolation for British, American and Dubai returnees ( of which we already here complains of the standards in the isolation camps), only a few countries evacuated and they want to back out now and make returnees pay for their air and accommodation needs.

pathetic of a country and you are proud to defend her!
that's because they have are realising how much they are spending and it's far above their budgeted sum...if government doesn't do this,over a million Nigerians will Start sending SOS to return home and Naija government will run into trouble.... remember government need money to pay salaries, construct projects,prevent the economy from recession,manage the virus etc....and he major sources of income: oil,tax and import duties are almost zero
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On May 15, 2020
Edusouls:
Federal government has lots of loads on their head here Abeg, returnees should Carter for their bills, by the way they weren’t sent on government assignment, the first returnees were lucky to have got the bonus free of charge treatment, a sensible person won’t expect the federal government to Carter for the bills of 4000 or over returnees
u are he only one making sense on this thread
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by averagejoee: 9:17pm On May 15, 2020
this is the letter, i did not know a thread has been open already

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by AmuDimpka: 9:18pm On May 15, 2020
How can we treat our own citizens like this ? This is so gross and funny
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by marvin906(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2020
federal government should have done this earlier..
the deal is fair..
no country is doing good Samaritan work now..
you want to come back home pay

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by Goodman247: 9:19pm On May 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Before nko
Them nor go pay for the hotel bill and food
Other country citizens and national dey pay for their flight back home

Most people don't know anything at all! I dey shame for una
See the way they are insulting Nigeria as if other countries don't do it

Your boy friend is a real niggarrr
I owe your boy friend a parcel of weed
Don't mind them. They just want government to subsidize everything including thier life
Everytime damnnnn nigarr, are you alright, you need mental evaluation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by AmuDimpka: 9:19pm On May 15, 2020
martineverest:
that's because they have are realising how much they are spending and it's far above their budgeted sum...if government doesn't do this,over a million Nigerians will Start sending SOS to return home and Naija government will run into trouble.... remember government need money to pay salaries, construct projects,prevent the economy from recession,manage the virus etc....and he major sources of income: oil,tax and import duties are almost zero

Shame on you....
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by marvin906(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2020
remele2:

Very low

please show me a country that pays the flight ticket, accommodation and feeding of it's returnees this period..
don't let hatred block your thinking
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by winamac: 9:20pm On May 15, 2020
I wonder what all those dubai returnees that only had to pay for their flight ticket while accomodation, feeding and the rest was taken care of by the govt will have to say on hearing these news of what it will cost others returning. they were busy complaining of this and dat. from today, we will not hear pim from them until they leave the isolation hotels. the govt will be like 'if i hear pim from u guys, u will pay even nepa and generator fee'
Re: Nigerians Returning From Bangkok To Pay N297,600 For Hotel, Isolation by amosedwin1: 9:21pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeria is a joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Interesting Lagos Pictures / I Finally Got My Chilean Visa / The Scenic Beauty Of South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.